No, SV, You Are the Forest! (Riot Quest)

Cute'Today at 5:38 PM
Hey DangerKitty [sic], will use of magnetize and such also intercept missiles that would attack the ingaba?
[5:38 PM]
or do we gotta contact them for that
[5:38 PM]
(or is it an option at all)
Raising KittensToday at 5:48 PM
Ingaba ships are out of range for Magnetize.
Just thought I'd throw an update out there - for those wanting to use offensive powers to help the Ingaba, use Soothe instead of Magnetize.

25 dice into: [X] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic)
Stacks with Focus of the Forest. At this point, we're talking 100 auto-successes and 25 dice. I'm hoping we beat Hostile ECM - if we do, this is about 175 successes total; otherwise, it's about 117. Either way, something is going to hurt.
Indeed. Depending on what physical and mental defences they have it might be worth, next round, just powering the laser with Focus while all the assault dice go towards Soothe.

At present laser is better because (as far as we know) every laser success will deal damage while Soothe might do nothing if their psi defences are too strong.
Something I think needs to be repeated:

If sun proximity, High Density Particles, Worm stage 3, and high sun activity all apply and we succeed in cracking ECM, the 4 focus actions will produce an estimated value of 402.48 laser successes. I directly confirmed that high sun activity applies, and I don't think the looping tree is going anywhere, so...

(I'm using the mag6 plan sheet for this, the formulas work for it since lasers work off of growth successes)

Anyways, without ECCM that goes down to expected value of 268.32. More dice on cracking ECM is absolutely warranted, given Robinton's analysis. (awesome work, by the way!)

As for personal actions...

Since it's out of range for magnetize, Soothe is our only tool for reducing the heat on the ingaba before we blow the kat fleet the fuck out of the sky - which given their love of missiles and alpha strikes is a pretty big concern. Fun as they are, I don't think adding more lasers to the death star is good enough to prefer over preserving more of the fleet that's on our side.

Last edited:
[x][Action] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic)
[X][Focus] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic)
[X][Focus] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic) x2
[X][Focus] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic) x3
[X][Focus] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic) x4

[X][Focus] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic)
[X][Focus] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic) x2
[X][Focus] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic) x3
[X][Focus] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic) x4
In case there was any confusion before I finished editing - we still want the focus actions on lasers, we just don't need personal actions on them.

Last edited:
[X][Action] Erect the Shield! (Magnetic)

[X][Focus] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic)
[X][Focus] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic) x2
[X][Focus] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic) x3
[X][Focus] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic) x4

Last edited:
I've been binging this quest for the past couple of days, but it looks like I won't be able to catch up before the voting period ends. I really want to participate and start growing my tree though so I'll vote as best as I can and hope I don't go against the thread's plans.

[X] Mind Tree

[X][Action] Work with the Research Base to penetrate hostile ECM (Light, Magnetic, Gravitic)

Was planning to do a laser, but if Prime says this is better then sure.

[X][Action] Attempt to store resources against future need. (General)

Personally, Unless the new peps actively attack us, I Dont want to Do Offensive actions(Since it seems like both sides are agrissive factions, and Honestly if we could get a deal with the New faction for tech that would be amazing, I dont mind if our current partners win, But I dont think the new peps, will Attempt to destroy us, however it is a potential risk that increases massively if we attack instead of just defend, and Considering It seems like we're attacking I wouldnt put it past them to Attempt to destroy us).

Last edited:
Personally, Unless the new peps actively attack us,

They have already attacked us in their initial Wormhole Assault, and the POV we've received suggests that at best they intend to pummel us into submission and force us into their Empire.

The Katown Empire is not a possible diplomatic entity at this time unless we smash them over the head with Soothing and Contact, and even then we're specialized for Laser Dumping at the moment.

We need a lot of development before we can properly Psionically Bap people into sitting down and talking instead of being assholes.

That being said, I do appreciate more Mineral Acquisition, so good job.

[X][Action] Erect the Empty Veil (Void)
[X][Focus] Erect the Empty Veil (Void)
[X][Focus] Erect the Empty Veil (Void) x2
[X][Focus] Erect the Empty Veil (Void) x3

[X] Work with the Research Base to penetrate hostile ECM (Light, Magnetic, Gravitic)
[X][Focus] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic)
[X][Focus] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic) x2
[X][Focus] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic) x3
[X][Focus] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic) x4

As I see it, the Predators are a trump card better kept for later. When the Kattown aren't so far out and thus won't have any chance to react before they're under attack. Besides, they aren't trees which makes them a limited resource - if some of them die to enemy fire we can't just regrow them.

Newest dice tally:

70 dice into: [X] Work with the Research Base to crash-examine captured Missiles (General)
48 dice into: [X] Erect the Shield! (Magnetic)
37 dice into: [X] Work with the Research Base to penetrate hostile ECM (Light, Magnetic, Gravitic)
25 dice into: [X] Fire the Beam! (Crystal, Light, Magnetic)
20 dice into: [X] Magnetize hostile forces or incoming kinetic or explosive weaponry (Magnetic)
19 dice into: [X] Utilize the Twist power to alter the apparent size of the Forest (Gravity)
16 dice into: [X] Erect the Empty Veil (Void)
15 dice into: [X] Ready a Shard Volley (Crystal)
13 dice into: [X] Reach out to the Strange Presence
11 dice into: [X] Convince the Predators to aggressively aid the Forest
9 dice into: [X] Soothe the Hostile Fleet to mess with their coordination (Psychic)
7 dice into: [X] Attempt to store resources against future need. (General)

At this point, hostile ECM is at 37 dice, so we should be good there. A few more would be good, but we're in the mostly-safe zone. With Worm and Tranquil, we need 12 successes-before-bonuses to get >=30 successes-after-bonuses, so we've got about a 99.0% success chance on that - I'd always love a few more dice, but unless my math is wrong this should be good.

(For the record, I ran the same overall-success-chances-by-dice-and-required-successes script on Missiles Analysis, and it returned 99.99% success chance, which is quite heartening.)

Empty Veil is doing better than it was, with a new average of 23.5 successes (after bonuses and Empty Trees). Even if they're rolling 40 dice (twice their last-attack's ECCM), we should still be just barely favored to win this one.

Soothe is looking much more hefty... but still not enough to do much, probably. Still, we should definitely learn their defensive psy strength, and we might just deal some actual damage.

Last edited:
Event 010-01 Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Raising Kittens on Apr 5, 2022 at 2:58 PM, finished with 174 posts and 106 votes.

[X][Tree] Heart Tree

[x][Tree] Heart Tree

Welcome to the thread! You have been added to the Registry and the Spreadsheet.

Votes are being collated, and then dice will be rolled. There are a lot of dice to roll, so I expect that to fill out the rest of my day. I'll write the update itself tomorrow, then do final edits and post on Saturday.

Back