@trewsad55 @Thrice-Blessed22 @Arbit @Powerofmind @Zaratustra @Janadus @Sivantic (who will tell me I'm the scum of the earth for tagging people. luv u bby) @veekie @notanautomaton @wingstrike96 @tenchifew

I think that building the enclave here is a massive mistake. Building a hab is necessary to build anything else (outside of the few specific structures an enclave supports. Which we don't need right now. It'd probably go to populating the trading post anyway). With a hab we can start leveraging our econ, science and military. We can build a reactor and a barracks as soon as the hab's done. We can probably get a second reactor shortly afterwards.

The only scenario where we wouldn't have enough culture to build the Enclave by turn 10 is if we have a net loss of 14 Culture from events in the time between now and then. Pretty much the only thing likely to cause loss on that scale would be a full-blown war waged against us... and in the event that happened, we'd need the hab even more so we have the ability to build military structures.

I honestly see the enclave as a lose-lose this turn. It hamstrings our ability to both keep expanding steadily and defend ourselves, it completely locks out 3 of our 4 influence pools, and the only scenario I can even think of that would stop us from doing it before turn 10 would mean we'll REALLY need the military expansion. Tealistically we'll probably be able to afford it by turn 8 with minimal Art Promotion spending or a lucky event, turn 9 by a huge margin if we don't do either of those things.

I do agree with Powerofmind that a festival isn't a great idea right now. It'd potentially put us a full turn off of this schedule with a bad roll. But as is, the enclave is -very- likely to stay safe if we push it back a few turns, and pushing the hab back instead is mathematical (and possibly military) suicide. However, since it seems to be well ahead at this point, I'll support doing it in conjunction with a party to generate optimal culture/econ returns (since those are the ones we'll need most to make sure the enclave gets built 100% safely)

[X] Patrol rail lines
[X] Hold a major festival
[X] Patrol forest
[X] Investigate raider causes

[X] Study will
[X] Throw a party
[X] Activate Nightmare Cube

EDIT: I forgot about the income from our Trading Post. That makes our margin of error more like 20 culture rather than 16. Delaying the enclave is REALLY safe on a math level. Delaying the hab screws us so hard.

Last edited:
@trewsad55 @Thrice-Blessed22 @Arbit @Powerofmind @Zaratustra @Janadus @Sivantic (who will tell me I'm the scum of the earth for tagging people. luv u bby) @veekie @notanautomaton @wingstrike96 @tenchifew

I think that building the enclave here is a massive mistake. Building a hab is necessary to build anything else (outside of the few specific structures an enclave supports. Which we don't need right now. It'd probably go to populating the trading post anyway). With a hab we can start leveraging our econ, science and military. We can build a reactor and a barracks as soon as the hab's done. We can probably get a second reactor shortly afterwards.

The only scenario where we wouldn't have enough culture to build the Enclave by turn 10 is if we have a net loss of 14 Culture from events in the time between now and then. Pretty much the only thing likely to cause loss on that scale would be a full-blown war waged against us... and in the event that happened, we'd need the hab even more so we have the ability to build military structures.

I honestly see the enclave as a lose-lose this turn. It hamstrings our ability to both keep expanding steadily and defend ourselves, it completely locks out 3 of our 4 influence pools, and the only scenario I can even think of that would stop us from doing it before turn 10 would mean we'll REALLY need the military expansion. Tealistically we'll probably be able to afford it by turn 8 with minimal Art Promotion spending or a lucky event, turn 9 by a huge margin if we don't do either of those things.

I do agree with Powerofmind that a festival isn't a great idea right now. It'd potentially put us a full turn off of this schedule with a bad roll. But as is, the enclave is -very- likely to stay safe if we push it back a few turns, and pushing the hab back instead is mathematical (and possibly military) suicide. I'm replacing it with a double rail line patrol in my budget. Seems wise given the increased raider activity.

[X] Patrol rail lines
[X] Patrol rail lines x2
[X] Patrol forest

[X] Study will
[X] Pursue Baron Malcolm Adler as an ally

I fear that whatever is happening with the bandit activity will need a massive reaction from us, leaving us without many actions and/or resources.
Besides, the indigo hammer people are able to move as soon as next turn, were they to decide so, since they should receive their animals by then.

And if a bigger conflict were to come and the rolls were bad enough they just might. So I want to make sure that we get the building now, and not risk this chance.

Last edited:
I fear that whatever is happening with the bandit activity will need a massive reaction from us, leaving us without many actions and/or resources.
Besides, the indigo hammer people are able to move as soon as next turn, were they to decide so, since they should receive their animals by then.

And if a bigger conflict were to come and the rolls were bad enough they just might. So I want to make sure that we get the building now, and not risk this chance.
But if we're IN that bigger conflict an enclave leaves us unable to expand our military. If we get the hab we're dropping a barracks the turn after it and will potentially have the opportunity to build other useful structures like a factory or a proving grounds to help a war effort. That's why I'm saying we REALLY should hedge with the hab. If nothing bad happens it's miles better. If we get into a war that endangers our entire existence... hab is still miles better. In both scenarios, we want the hab. Getting the enclave doesn't help us if we get flattened into a parking lot by raiders or reavers.

[X] Promote the arts - Spend Economy influence to attempt to produce additional Culture influence
[X] Hold a major festival - Hold a major cultural event, with the potential to generate Economy and regain Culture spent. Requires Min. Culture Influence of 20, Costs a min. of 5 Culture Influence
[X] Investigate raider causes - Send out a military expedition to figure out what is going on to drive violently desperate people into your territory. Requires 2 actions + 3 military units
[X] Patrol rail lines - Assign a unit to ensure the security of travellers in the rail lines. Current chance of encounter: LOW

[X] Study Will
[X] Throw a party - Hold a major social gathering

New plan. Synergy bomb a festival/promote arts/party to maximize culture gain, and (almost definitely) get BOTH on turn 7, or (hopefully) both on turn 6.

[X] Promote the arts - Spend Economy influence to attempt to produce additional Culture influence
[X] Hold a major festival - Hold a major cultural event, with the potential to generate Economy and regain Culture spent. Requires Min. Culture Influence of 20, Costs a min. of 5 Culture Influence
[X] Investigate raider causes - Send out a military expedition to figure out what is going on to drive violently desperate people into your territory. Requires 2 actions + 3 military units
[X] Patrol rail lines - Assign a unit to ensure the security of travellers in the rail lines. Current chance of encounter: LOW

[X] Study Will

But if we're IN that bigger conflict an enclave leaves us unable to expand our military.

Huh. Ooops. You know, I am pretty sure I stated it somewhere, but I checked and I seem to have forgotten to make it explicit.

You can go over your limit, it just costs 1 Economy a turn to maintain the surplus. You could recruit up to 3 additional companies of Jaegers this turn with your current resources.

But if we're IN that bigger conflict an enclave leaves us unable to expand our military. If we get the hab we're dropping a barracks the turn after it and will potentially have the opportunity to build other useful structures like a factory or a proving grounds to help a war effort. That's why I'm saying we REALLY should hedge with the hab. If nothing bad happens it's miles better. If we get into a war that endangers our entire existence... hab is still miles better. In both scenarios, we want the hab. Getting the enclave doesn't help us if we get flattened into a parking lot by raiders or reavers.

Hmmm...
This is a valid argument.
While I think we could manage...
I think I change to this:

[X] Study Will

Vote Tally : Original - Knight of Dandriss: Stone and Steel | Page 68 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.6.0

No. of Votes: 19

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH
No. of Votes: 16

[X] Construct Special Building - Indigo Hammer Enclave (+1 Culture, +1 Economy, has the population to support 1 Entertainment Complex, Trading Post, or Factory. Adds special modifiers to supported building and opens up special opportunities. Cost: 20 Culture) Available until the end of Turn 10
No. of Votes: 10

No. of Votes: 10

No. of Votes: 3

[X] Patrol rail lines - Assign a unit to ensure the security of travellers in the rail lines. Current chance of encounter: LOW x2
No. of Votes: 1

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH x2

[X] Study Willpower

No. of Votes: 11

[X] Study politics - Chance to advance Politician education
No. of Votes: 6

No. of Votes: 4

[X] Study politics - Chance to advance Politician education x2

[X] Seek a husband - Among the nobility one's spouse(s) is of importance for establishing allies and pedigree

Total No. of Voters: 21

[X] Patrol rail lines
[X] Patrol forest
[X] Hold a major festival

[X] Study will

EDITING PLAN:

The previous iteration of the compromise plan left a glaring opening for attack (and subsequent massive losses to influence and tourism). Unfortunately, the compromise plan now REQUIRES a plan vote, and removes the possibility of investigating.

[X] Plan Culture Bomb

[X] Patrol rail lines x2 - Assign a unit to ensure the security of travellers in the rail lines. Current chance of encounter: LOW
[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH

[X] Study Will

New plan. Synergy bomb a festival/promote arts/party to maximize culture gain, and (almost definitely) get BOTH on turn 7, or (hopefully) both on turn 6.
Hmm.

Passing up patrolling the forest is reasonable as a way to get an extra action, and putting off the risk of military casualties it represents could certainly be a good call at the moment.

I'm not entirely happy with passing up pursuing the Baron, though.

Edit: oops, ninja'd! :ninja:

You could recruit up to 3 additional companies of Jaegers this turn with your current resources.
Just to check - this would take a settlement action, right?

I could easily be convinced to alter my current plan to do that instead of the festival, if that's the case.

I'm probably going to support plan culture bomb. Probably.

I do still want to hold a festival, but that's easily something I can sacrifice if it'll get us a Hab sometime sooner rather than later.

I also want to get the baron, but again, it's something I'm willing to sacrifice if we have to.

I'm probably going to support plan culture bomb. Probably.

I do still want to hold a festival, but that's easily something I can sacrifice if it'll get us a Hab sometime sooner rather than later.

I also want to get the baron, but again, it's something I'm willing to sacrifice if we have to.
Plan culture bomb does have a party and heavy patrolling, but no investigation.

Edit: Not investigating looks like a mistake to me and not going with the baron a smaller one.

I have to think about it though, as it seems to give us a pretty good growth curve.

Edit2: Ah, whatever I'm going with:

[X] Plan Culture Bomb

Last edited:
Back