[X] Flirt Shamelessly

It'll be a good chance to vent some stress. Which we need, given how the Nightmare Cube is fucking us up.
[X] Flirt shamelessly

Stress relief!
And connections.
I might have bought that reason, if we were using the cube this year.

[X] Undermine rivals and opponents

Fuck the mayor.
But not literally!
[X] Undermine rivals and opponents

I suspect that the support for one of these options has much more to do with indulging the players than the character. Great expense and months of effort went into the party for the purposes of furthering some very important goals. We don't actually have much reason to believe that a single night of potentially dangerous flirting with people who can't even see her eyes because she's inside an extremely uncomfortable industrial mech and are looking for any chance to shank her in the back in any case is going to make an appreciable difference to Ella's stress levels compared to the ordinary enjoyment of the party, or even that she has any undue stress at the moment considering the fact that we aren't using the Cube. If Ella needs to flirt she can do it during any of the hundreds of other nights which aren't the culmination of huge, time-critical investment and opportunities.

Eyes on the prize here; Ella can go on a pub crawl after the important work is done.

Last edited:
Hmm.

In CK2 the best way to deal with the stressed trait was having certain kinds of courtiers available, and given our historical practice I expect finding allies to have a fair bit of flirting too. So I'm going to vote for the long term over the short term.

[X] Look for allies new and old

... though shameless flirting might be a good call if we're husband hunting.

Well, in that case, allies are always good. I don't think we could do the Mayor more than a small injury here, and you know what Machiavelli said about those.

Changing my vote to look for allies, because that can make Armand Yars, President of Xychro an ally and is a good step to turn Razorleaf Meadows into a trade hub between Indigo Hammer and Green Owl.
Of course we will have to change what buildings we build to have the infrastructure needed to turn Razorleaf Meadows into a trade hub. That means abandoning the build plan optimised to build a network center and start building factories, trading posts and caravans. In my opinion doing that is entirely worth it, because I find playing a settlement that is similar to renaissance Venice more entertaining than one similiar to modern Las Vegas. We also get to interact more with Sam, Armand and most importantly more people from Indigo Hammer. Maybe even people from other polities, if Razorleaf Meadows is more established as a trade hub.

Edit: Oh, and more personal resources for Ella meaning more personal actions.

Last edited:
Back