[X] Promote the arts - Spend Economy influence to attempt to produce additional Culture influence
[X] Nomad diplomacy - The nomads are currently camped outside your settlement and things are currently pretty good. Still, you can check up on them if you want.
[X] Patrol rail lines - Assign a unit to ensure the security of travellers in the rail lines. Current chance of encounter: LOW
[X] Patrol forest x2 - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH

[X] Throw a party - Hold a major social gathering
[X] Study Willpower - Chance to advance selected skill. Specialty stats are easier than secondary stats are easier than primary stats

[X] Continue using Nightmare Cube this turn.

I will most certainly vote for deactivating the cube next turn, but think we can let it on for the current one.

Last edited:
Given the vice and virtue system we operate under this is a good thing especially as cube use is always paired with a +1 willpower gain per year. Gaining vices means that if/when we flip them to virtues we can grab the mitigated versions of them like focused fury and the combo traits later.
Synthesis traits are one of the things that are likely to be MUCH harder to get this time round, due to abuse of the system in AoS

[X] Promote the arts - Spend Economy influence to attempt to produce additional Culture influence
[X] Nomad diplomacy - The nomads are currently camped outside your settlement and things are currently pretty good. Still, you can check up on them if you want.
[X] Patrol rail lines - Assign a unit to ensure the security of travellers in the rail lines. Current chance of encounter: LOW
[X] Patrol forest x2 - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH

[X] Study Willpower - Chance to advance selected skill. Specialty stats are easier than secondary stats are easier than primary stats

EDIT:
adjusted text to make tallying easier

Last edited:

Changing my vote since we can't do the festival this year.

[X] Study politics - Chance to advance Politician education

Last edited:

[X] Patrol rail lines - Assign a unit to ensure the security of travellers in the rail lines. Current chance of encounter: LOW X2

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH X2

[X] Hunting - On Dandriss hunting animals with war machines is considered fair to all parties involved

Last edited:
[X] construct a Trading Post

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH X2

[X] Hunting - On Dandriss hunting animals with war machines is considered fair to all parties involved
Sorry buddy, but we literally can't build a trading post before we build our next hab. We've already hit our building cap, so we can't get anything but the hab now.

Are we still trying to automate party-throwing, and does a one turn interrupt slow or cancel the count?

Thinking of switching to SSS's vote, 'cause we need more political knowledge.

EDIT: Also, can someone illustrate the scale for stats and skills that the game works on? I was looking at the charactersheet and thinking that everything under 10 meant horrible things.
eg; 1-5: Horrible, 6-10: Bad, etc

Last edited:
Had you the facilities you might have actually been given some field test opportunities, but alas you had nowhere to do anything like that.
A little reminder - much like Trading Posts, Proving Grounds also open up new opportunities.

[X] Disable Nightmare Cube this turn.

I'm betting that actually training Willpower is going to increase the cost of entry in Stress above that of simply having the cube on, and that it is a cost of entry, not just consequences of rolling poorly.

We don't want to pick up Stressed, people. It's a nasty, nasty trait that'll be a lot harder to get rid of than it will be to simply not get in the first place.

[X] Patrol forest - Assign a unit to patrol the forests, seeking to eliminate dangerous wildlife or alien reavers before they become a problem. Current chance of encounter: MODERATE-HIGH x2

[X] Study war - Chance to advance Officer education
[X] Seek allies - Look for people among the community and in the wider polity

I'd bet that throwing a party can also increase stress, but I don't think we've any personal actions that can't, at the moment, and there are more relaxed forms of parties.

Thinking about it, I'm going to bet that Allies are a likely source of stress-reduction options. Given that we've pretty much got none at the moment...

Last edited:
We just succeeded at study war and have gotten Officer III.
Can we get Officer IV at all? I think we are too young for this education stage, are we not?

We just succeeded at study war and have gotten Officer III.
Can we get Officer IV at all? I think we are too young for this education stage, are we not?

I don't believe so, it was tier 5 and upwards that required you to be older in the original system and I doubt that has changed given how much less impact the educations have now given they are much more specific.

In light of that, would there be any benefit to going for Officer over Politician this year? Bigger bonus or easier success?

In light of that, would there be any benefit to going for Officer over Politician this year? Bigger bonus or easier success?

I suspect grabbing officer IV will be harder to get than politician III. At least based on the old system as you scaled up in education level the amount of 'points' needed to get it was much greater.

Not to nag, but whenabouts does the character sheet update? I like to look it over, even if the Stress conditions are invisible till they take place.

In a minute, now that I'm up.

Do the education traits still provide a +1 willpower boost per level as they did in the old system? I'm guessing they don't.

No, not anymore with the altered education rules.

Can we actually hold a festival?
We only have 12 culture, I think we need 20 to do this?

No. I can grey things out, but I figured that just keeping the minimum requirements on hand would be enough.

Can our protagonist pick up a third education?

Yes, in 6 years time when she turns 30.

Back