The dice. Dude, the dice.

[X] Securing Loyalties
[X] Go fast (Surprise maximized)

They basically all love us already anyway.
I want to go quick and dirty. There's risks associated with less surprise that I am more worried about exposing us to than the risks associated with insufficient preparation.

[x] Generating Economic Influence

Economic Influence is actually more important for being able to build up and generate our own military or economy, and we can pretty easily generate additional Military influence on demand. Increasing economy means being able to build the necessary infrastructure in Razorleaf and Diamond Dome quickly and expand our military roster.

[X] Generating Military Influence

Barracks next turn would be great for a County bid and general wartime stuff.
On the other hand, we're short economy influence to hit a Foundry build on turn 11 without a hard focus. I don't know if doing it at the 12.1 update counts. Oh it says end of year 12 it'd count.

[X] Go hard (Additional forces called up to maximize force and containment)

Risking embarassment seems like the right reputational choice. I don't want to be seen as rash or oblivious if we get people killed or oblivious if he gets away - better to risk being heavy handed.

On another note, oh god we cuckolded his wife. Did not expect that!

Economic Influence is actually more important for being able to build up and generate our own military or economy, and we can pretty easily generate additional Military influence on demand. Increasing economy means being able to build the necessary infrastructure in Razorleaf and Diamond Dome quickly and expand our military roster.
Influence conversions cost actions which will be tight. It could be 3-5 actions to meet that quell the rebels/raiders requirement. We also need more military, have less income, and could spend it to increase income sooner.

Last edited:
[X] Generating Economic Influence

Ella would leverage this via...

80 economic influence in 5 turns isn't cheap. If we want the foundry in time, we'll need every edge on that - and as soon as possible.

(25 for factory, 25 for foundry. 15 for the trading post, 15 trade caravan for "bare minimum.")

But, if we can gen enough of a boost right now - I think this is doable.

And even if we don't, there's so much we could spend that influence on. We can secure loyalties dealing with rebel and bandit groups later.

As to the bust - creepy psychic shenanigans? Lovely. I'm inclined to vote for speed, in that case - if the other guy can see what you're doing, it's unlikely you'll get more out of prep than he will.

[x] Go fast (Surprise maximized)

Last edited:
[X] Securing Loyalties

If the situation goes belly up, no amount of reinforcements will stop Eldar/Warp incursion.

Best bet is to stop it before it happens

On another note, oh god we cuckolded his wife. Did not expect that!
While she watched!

Anyways, look at the nature of the problem: We're selling weapons but fear them used on us.
-Economic - Be too vital to their economies to attack
-Military - Be too killy to attack
-Loyalty - Hold their loyalties so they won't fight us to begin with

Ah, the trading post already has a caravan, so we need to build both a trading post and a caravan. Add in 5 economy for one barracks which is the minimum to manage sending 4 garrison troops then the bit to train two jaeger comlanies and economy influence is already looking a little tight.

Yeah okay I'm flipping from my initial instincts on this.

While she watched!

Anyways, look at the nature of the problem: We're selling weapons but fear them used on us.
-Economic - Be too vital to their economies to attack
-Military - Be too killy to attack
-Loyalty - Hold their loyalties so they won't fight us to begin with
Right, my limited understanding is that it's only actually cuckolding if they're there in the room.

As to potential problems, we're officially ignoring those to hunt the shiniest shiny.

Last edited:
Ack.

On the economic front, it's worse than I thought - Jaeger companies cost 5 econ each. (5 econ, 3 mil, 2 culture.)

Getting the foundry on the very last turn possible might still work, if we go into debt a bit. In any case, we seriously need money now.

Ack.

On the economic front, it's worse than I thought - Jaeger companies cost 5 econ each. (5 econ, 3 mil, 2 culture.)

Getting the foundry on the very last turn possible might still work, if we go into debt a bit. In any case, we seriously need money now.

We need to build the necessary trade caravan first - it will give us some of the sorely needed income.

Pregnancy Checks (41, 66 -> 61)
Success (1d1-> 1-> Male)
Annoyance Check (Cha+Intr) 25 + 26 - 5 Needed extra time = 46
Acceptance
Rail Patrol (97)
Checkpoint (21)
Diamond Dome (99)
Belters (24)
Intrigue Sweep (Int+Intr) 95 + 23 = 118
DD Diplomacy (Cha+Intr) 86 + 26 = 112

First bolded bit, can't tell if thats a typo or if we were railroaded into having a boy...if the latter that may be significant/paradox-cube-based stuff o_O

For the second, damn, wish that one was one of hte great rolls

First bolded bit, can't tell if thats a typo or if we were railroaded into having a boy...if the latter that may be significant/paradox-cube-based stuff o_O

For the second, damn, wish that one was one of hte great rolls

Yes, the dice hate belters, don't they.
The 01.
The first attrition roll a ten, exploding to another eight.
Now a really low roll...

I would prefer we go in with overwhelming firepower than be surprised by 'suddenly reavers/dragons/spies'

Grabbing Diamond Dome. Interesting. If we can pacify the area, we might want to think about moving the more conservative elements of the nomads there. @Academia Nut Do the Domers have our looser sexual mores or would they be a better fit for the nomads?

Oh, for sure.

And the sooner the better, because we're going to need all of that income.
I think we need events or clever action usage if it's going to be possible to get a foundry.
Fortunately, it's just 1 of 3 bonus objectives.

Honestly loyalty might deserve more attention here since it would lock in a bonus objective and we can manage the core objectives without this boost.

I think we need events or clever action usage if it's going to be possible to get a foundry.
Fortunately, it's just 1 of 3 bonus objectives.
We need ~20 economic influence or so from the AA sales and the Reaver artifact bounty. Less any amount we're willing to go into debt on the last turn. I think that's quite plausible.

And I'm pretty sure we'll get more opportunities for securing loyalties, but the money we need ASAP.

We need ~20 economic influence or so from the AA sales and the Reaver artifact bounty. Less any amount we're willing to go into debt on the last turn. I think that's quite plausible.

And I'm pretty sure we'll get more opportunities for securing loyalties, but the money we need ASAP.
I think I like the surety better than the chance of coming up with 20 influence but I'll look at it in more detail in the morning.

I think I like the surety better than the chance of coming up with 20 influence
I'd like to emphasize the "go into debt" option.

With an additional trading post, caravan, and factory, we're at 17 economic influence income. That means, if we go into debt by twelve points, we're still back out of debt in one turn - taking a net hit of four to our income.

Let me repeat: we can get over half of the extra influence we need for a four point loss of income servicing that debt.

But that assumes we get a cash injection right now, so we can start putting up the trading post and caravan immediately. And I'd rather not bet on the Reaver artifacts covering all of the immediate costs.

Back