[DISCONTINUED] In the Beginning, There Was Man (WH40k x SC)

Created
Status
Ongoing
Watchers
Recent readers

Credit goes to @Aussie Dingbat for this fantastic banner!
Prologue: The Departure
At the End...
Prologue and Rules of the Thread

torrmercury

Necromancer
Pronouns
He/Him

Credit goes to @Aussie Dingbat for this fantastic banner!
Prologue: The Departure
At the End, There Was Man

C͙̠̤̩͓̟̹̝ͬͣ̏̈̌ͭ̐ͥ̾͝h̸̛̞̘̠͕̪͊̆̍͐̉ͯ̚a̶̰̱̬͔̿ͦ͛́̌̈̌͐o̖͉ͪͩ̀̃̏́s̱̮͖ͧ̆ͪͣͦ̅ ̐̈̐̕͏̤i̡͎ͧ̄͗ͭͩͦ͢s͖̀̌͗ ͈̰̍̔̀͠w̑̅ͭ̿ͪͥa̺̝̰͕͚̹͓ͨ̄̆ͅȉ̛̮̫ͦ͠ţ̦̭̖̼̪̣̍ͯ̔ͣͤ̈́ͯ̓̀͡į̸̩̼̺̦̝̙ͣ̾n̴̝̳̋̾̒ͭ̓ͣͦͤg̿ͭ̍҉̷̡͕̼̗̙̠,̡̦̺͂̃̐̅ͬ ͫ͏̮̝͓ô̠̮͙͍̳̩͙͓̽ͧ́́͠ͅh̢̗̳̹͈͇̭͎̎͊ͧͭ͌̈͗͆͜͝ ̰̬͓͛ͭ̄͂ͬ̕̕E͎̔͒͐̔͞m̛̲͔̟̥̪̦̲̟̾ͨͫ̓̍ͫ̆͢p͔̠̠͍ͥ͠e͉͈̯̳̥̞̱̒ͮ̎͘͠r̦̲̰͓̓̃̽͌͒͌͗̓o̻̺̹̩̱͊ͭ͛͌͗͂̎́r͓͓͓̥͇̳̎̓̋̉͊ͨ ̭̠̰͌̈ͦ̏͊̎̋ͭ͟͡o̦̺̞̲ͯͭ̿̌̅́͜͝f̟̙̲̘̮͐̂̅ͩ͌̑̿̅̊́̀ ̛̙̳̠̆̈́͛̅m̛̗͙̞͉̾̅ͨͬͪ̈́̓̉͟e̡͙̳̖̘̝̘͚̰̻͑̐͑̅͋ͩ̌n̜̜̥̫̤͙͙͛̀̌̄̄́͡ͅ.̫̖̤̭̹̱̪̬̘̔̏̓̈͞.̢̧͚͔͓͔̳̒ͭ͠.̤͕͇̞̦͕̗̹̑͗ͧ̇̀̀͟
̵͚ͨ͐̓̾̑ͥͩ
̷̠̮ͦͫͧ͋ͤ͑̚
̻̟͈̭̲̝̰̔̐̔̿ͅC̘̤͇̜̥̳͖͗̋̇h̥̜̯̩̣̾̈́̿̑̀̚a͒ͩͪͨ͛ͬ̓̔̽͢҉̰͍̬̜͟ͅơ̪̣͎ͧ̋̔ͦ̃͆͆͘͢ͅs̳̗͉̰̫̱̤̞͋̉ͧͬ̽̊ ͍̼̘̼͖̝̝̗̟̈́̾̎͜͞ã̢̲̝̟̯͖ͩ̓̎̊̚͟w̶̴̯ͩ͗̕a̴̵̲̘̟̮͙ͪ̆̾͛į̣͙̲̎ͧ̏ͩͅt̸̙͈̯̲̬̩̞̺ͬ̓̏͂̓̊̓̈́͡ ̣̼̼̱̮̖̟͇͗ͮ̽͒͋ͧ̄́ỷ̳͂͛̈́̀͟o̠̹̮̍͒͐u͕̽̓ͫr̵ͧͣ̈́ ̴̬̘̭̩̦̺̏̄̍́̋̋̿ͮi̞̖̜ͮ̂ͪ͘n̢̬̓ͩ̃͂̿̒̚e̸̲̤͈̗̠ͯ̒͞ͅv͔̤̬̮̩̌ͩͫ̐i̛͍ͦ̐̈ͧt̢͑̍̐̓̚͏͍̳̝̼͟a̍ͮ͒͑͜͏̫̱̖̗͉b̛͓̗͕̈́ͬ͛̿͠l̨̬̱͒̅̋ͣ͗ͯ̕e͉̍͌̌̓̑̀ ͑̑ͤ҉̶̮̟̱̫̩̖̝̞͎f̡̪͈̜͈͖͉̥̠͒͐ͯ̔͞a̫̠͉͍͍͚̙͗͛ͅl̶̴̙̫͇͍͙͋͊̽ͯ̋ͅl̨̰̭̠̪͈̣͇ͩ̋̌ͭ̐̀͟.̶̸̧̟̩̄̆̽.̸̛̝͔̝̋͒̉͑̾́ͮͫ͞.̴̸̧̘̱̥̤̻̋ͥͩ̐ͧ͂̚
̴̭̥͎̰̹̟͔͚̍ͣ̆̀̂͘͟
͎̱̝̘̝̘̬̅ͣͥ̅͗́̋ͧ̉͝͝ͅ
̳͙̱͎̠̩̗̩̙ͤ̽̄̅̂ͮ͜͡E͓̪̪ͬ̀̀̾̚v̲͋́ͭͧ̓ͣ̈́̃̅ͅe̹̼̫ͨ̐́͘n̸̡̩̱̓͂ͨ̈́̓̽͜ ̸͓͇͚̗̣̝͍̓͆̇̈́̿̀ń̬̭͓̦̰̺͉̋̊ͧ͂ͪ͗̓ō̲̲͔̤̊͘̕w̷̗̣͈̠̅̒̽͊̈́͌ͨ̔,̩̭͙͇̐̊̔ ͍̀͞y͈̭̠̘ͯ͛͊̄͂̉̒̽̚o̸̳͉̬̭̣ͩ̑ͦ͑̇̚̚ŭ̠̱̟̥̘̀ͧ̊ͪͯ̈̀r̷̞̘͈̲͂ͣͬ͘ ̴̴̪̳͙̆ͪ̏̃͒̕s͎̱͚̙̥ͦͅė̡̛̙̜̯̲̗̻̎ͣ̈ͮ̿͒͆́ŕ̻͉̣͂ͥ͆̈͑̇ͨ̊͝ṿ͍̗̩̪̥̮̺̆ͭͭ͗̈́ͭ͠a͍̙̻ͮͯͤͤ͘ǹ̦͇̩̜͚̅ͦ̋t̛̙͙̙̳͗̈́͛͑s̴̴̰͇̉̉ ̶͎̝̬̀̒͊͆͋ą͇͑̆̅ͪ̀͢ͅr̶͙͖ͨ͒́ḗ̯ ̸̙̝̭͍͎͕̂̍̾̓ͮͥ̽̀͟d̲̗̀̾̓͗̔ͧͫ̀y̻̯̥͔̟͎̫ͪ̂i̴̶̯̦ͫ̇̄ͧ̓̍n̸̡͍̺̱̩̖̱̈́ͫ̍ͯ͒g̶̛̦͍̺̦͙̾̒̄́ͣ ̡̛̮̞̪̫̤͐͌b̛̰̖̲̈ͯ̄́y̵̵̠͍̣͌ͤ ̟̻̅ͧ̉ͭ͝ţ̛͙̻̖̘͔̤̬̙̭͐̑ͪͪͦ͐͠ḩ̺͙̳̰͖͍͉̼ͫ̃̂ͦ̇e̳̞̪̼̤͉̘̹̩ͬ͌ͬ͒ͮ̀́ ̸̶̗̦͈̈́̍͗ͣ̍̍́b̛̯̞̘̥̫͍͙ͪͯ͊̚͘͟i̺̪̘͑ͨ̈́ͫl͐ͬ̎͌̓͛ͩ̒͏̹̼̲̮l̽̚͝͏͙̤͉̥i̛̘̜̮͈̼̥̒͒ͥ̑̾͞o͑ͭ̌̐ͨ͏̧̢̗̝͖̱̭͖̩n̖̣̳̜̖̜̲ͯ̒̄ͯ̍ͩ͝s̸͆̏ͮ̆͊͏̷͖̬͎̼̭̻̲.̶̞͈̘͉̯̐̃͐ͅ.͇̻̳͈̘̰͇̖̖ͯ̈̆̈́.̟͉̠̼̥̰̣̏͆̉́͂̇ͮ̒͟͞
̱͈̱̩̹̳̹ͣ͌ͭ̋ͧ̽̽ͭ͘
̙̻̯ͤ̉͝
̵̗̱̞̹̬͗̅̎ͅE͛̒͑̇ͤ̎̓̅͏̶̧̞͍͔̥v̥̣̗̪̤̟̹̩̏̈̉͘e͖̥͚͉̹͉̍̂̏͌͠n̸̻͈̘̎ ̶̥̺ͥ̄͢͞n̷̳͚̙̼͉̮̣͐ͮͤͬ̍ͫ͋ͅo̒̇̓͐ͧ̂ͪw̵̡̘̗̹̭ͯ͝ ͎̙̗͔͓̟̗͉̈̅y̰̝̪̭ͣ̔ͩ̍̌ͯ̒o͍̬̞͆͐̑ͭͯͨ̕u͉̖̼̗̺̇͆ͥ͌r̲̅ͬ̅ͥ ̯͚͎͔͉͇͎̂̽̎͂̔͠ṡ̵̻̟̟̲͓̀͑ͪͅẹ̶̢͇̘͔̠͉͉̲̽ͬ̐ͣͩr̸̟̲̼͕̙ͤ̐̈̔͛͑ͯ̎v̬͖̝̫͕̼̦ͫ̒̆ͤ̕͠a̧͙͓̫̥ͣ̀͑͒̒͑̊ͣͩ͜͡ņ̭̠̬̟͕̾̓ͧ̓͢t̘͔̣̖͖͗̊̆̀̀s̛̘̹͍̞̪̹͌ͬ̀͆̒ͩ̇̏̈́ͅ ͉͈̜̠̌̑̈̒̿̑ḅ̖̤̞͓̫͓͕ͬ̉e̴̡̬͍͍̣̟̘̞͕̟ͬ̓̔̽̓͜c̴̣͕̥̤̯̏̒͐͌ͤo̤ͦ̓̍ͥ͘m̵̱̻̪͙̠̝̹̟̻̅̒̿̀͘ē̶̴͖̦͕̹̬̫͙ͩ͋͗ͭͫ̚͢ ͪ̈͢ŏ̓͂̅̂̐ȗ̲̣ͤ̇ͩ́ͣͯ͠ṟ̛̝̈́͜ͅs̲̳̯ͬ̏̅͝.͎͆ͫ̾̌̌.̠̯̄͐̃̀̓̿͑͆̓ͅ.̛͂ͪ̌ͦ̈͑ͩ͠͏̥̦̪͉͍

It has been more than thirteen thousand years since you've been interred into the Golden Throne, and all you can do is feel. All you can feel is pain. Through the torment, you know that you must endure and that if you do not, then your children and subjects will perish. You know that if you do not fight against the Ruinous Powers, then your children and subjects will become prey for the unrelenting forces of the Empyrean. Through all the years you have watched your Imperium of Man, once a bastion of progress and science for your children and subjects, become the superstitious oppressive state that it is now, you have never before felt such a primal fear as you do now. Your fear is not for yourself, for if you could die to save mankind you would do it in a heartbeat, but for those helpless men and women in the you Imperium who have, and still must weather the raging storm that is C̖͓͚̺̝̤̩ͧ̔ͥ̂ͮ́̽͜͢ĥ̶̢̰̝ā̡͖͉͑ͦ̇̄̽͒̕o̷̪̖̳͉̬ͥ͗̓̎̽ͅͅs̵̸̖͉͔͕͎͆̿ͣ̆̐͐̊͂. You fear because you have been, and still are, growing ever weaker even as the Great Enemy grows steadily stronger.

The forces of the latest, and likely last, Black Crusade have smashed through Segmentum Obscurus. The Tyranids have devoured Ultima Segmentum. The Orks have overwhelmed Segmentum Pacificus. The Necron have awakened their Tomb Worlds and purged Segmentum Tempestus. Only Segmentum Solar has remained untouched, but even that will not last for long with the Warmaster of C̖͓͚̺̝̤̩ͧ̔ͥ̂ͮ́̽͜͢ĥ̶̢̰̝ā̡͖͉͑ͦ̇̄̽͒̕o̷̪̖̳͉̬ͥ͗̓̎̽ͅͅs̵̸̖͉͔͕͎͆̿ͣ̆̐͐̊͂ pushing in from Obscurus. In fact, it is projected that the Black Crusade will be on Terra's doorstep within the next year. The great heroes of the Imperium have perished and you have little time left to do what you can to help humanity survive, but not all hope is lost.

Though right now you are but a spirit in the Warp, you have seen visions of other places. You have felt minor shocks of power, resounding throughout the Immaterium, that steadily growing stronger. You know that the dark gods will not let these tremors go unchecked for long, but are you willing to risk your people's last hope on what may potentially be another disaster? You know that you will be able ride a tremor of power to rip open a portal to another universe. At the same time, the quakes are not yet strong enough to let you create a stable hole in reality, and once you do it you are certain that you cannot again.

The High Lords of Terra have been contacted. They are desperate for salvation so when they heard your call, each and every Lord answered it. They stand at the ready to bring as many humans as possible through your portal as soon as you give the word.

Sufficient Velocity! You are the God Emperor of Mankind in the End Days. What do you do?
When should you open the portal?
[ ] NOW! We will not dally while the Great Enemy pushes on our doorstep! Open the portal, regardless of the risk of instability! (Unstable portal. Effects: ???)
[ ] Wait. You need the tremors in the Warp to get stronger so that our people are not put at unnecessary risk during transit to the new universe. (More stable portal. Effects: ???)
[ ] How long? The longer you wait, the more stable the portal will be, but the more likely the C̖͓͚̺̝̤̩ͧ̔ͥ̂ͮ́̽͜͢ĥ̶̢̰̝ā̡͖͉͑ͦ̇̄̽͒̕o̷̪̖̳͉̬ͥ͗̓̎̽ͅͅs̵̸̖͉͔͕͎͆̿ͣ̆̐͐̊͂ gods will take notice and do intervene, be it through the tremors or through the portal itself. (Chaos Gods intervention chance increases with every day you wait)​
[ ] Write-in?

Where should you open the portal?
[ ] Open the portal on Terra itself. (More population goes through. Empire Quest!)
[ ] Open the portal in space around Terra. (Less population but you start with star ships. Space Empire Quest!)
[ ] Open the portal in the Golden Throne. (Only you go through. "Standard" Quest!)
[ ] Write-in?

If you'd rather follow along on the SpaceBattles Archive/Discussion, you are more than welcome to. Please remember to vote here though!

If you'd like to see what's going on with the TVTropes Page, editing it and getting it up to date would be cool too. ;)

Rules of the thread/quest/what-have-you (I'm writing these as we go along)

Dice
You may use whatever dice roller you'd like, as long as you are able to post proof of the roll. @Chief18753 is currently the dice Sigilite and will be compiling the dice rolls for me so ask him if rolls have/have not been made already.

Also, any comments about dice rollers aside from something along the lines of "Which one are you using?" or "This one is broken can someone reccomend me another one?" is going to lead to me putting a divide by 2 on a random roll.

Generally you want to roll high because what's more awesome than seeing a NATURAL FUCKING 100 OH MAN THE UNIVERSE FUCKING LOVES US?!?!?!

The types of dice I'll ever ask you guys to roll are as follows:
  • d100 = Godly actions (ex. Emperor or Ynnead)
  • d75 = Science/research (There will be a number you need to hit [ex. 600] and every roll you make in science, plus bonuses, will add collectively towards hitting that number. Going over the stated target will give you overrun bonuses depending on how high you go over while rolling a critical failure will actually make the progress towards the target number regress)
  • d50 = High tier actions (ex. Birth of a new goddess or calling Gork/Mork to a battle, salvaging Titans)
  • d5-d49 = Misc rolls if I need them
  • d20 = Big actions (Ships, Titans, Cities, etc.)
  • d12 = Moderate actions (Space marine squad, Imperial Guard regiment, etc.)
  • d8 = Small actions (Single IG squad, acolytes, single space marine etc.)
  • d4 = Individual actions (Inquisitor, Hero, etc.)
  • d2 = Let chance decide a yes or no if I'm unsure of something
Criticals only happen normally on d100s, d75s, d50s, and d20s. Otherwise they can happen if a 1d4, 1d8, or 1d12 manage to hit a natural max as well as go more than double over the die (16 for a d8, etc.), in which case it will count as a crit, though what kind is up to my discretion.
That being said, there are 3 kinds of Crits:
  • Minor- Great success/failure. You are able to naturally get minor crits on a d100 by rolling 2-5 or 96-99. Otherwise, minor crits can be achieved by going over the max (100, 75, 50, or 20) or under 1 using roll+ or roll- modifiers.
  • Normal - Extreme success/failure. You are able to get normal crits by natural max/min rolls.
  • Super - Holy shit the universe loves/hates you success/failure. You are able to get super crits by rolling the max/min and then going either above or below using bonus+ or bonus- modifiers.

On another note about dice: I will never bad-end you from a single bad roll. A bad end requires an unholy combination of horrendous rolls and bad decisions.
  • If someone asks if bonuses apply to a bad roll, I'm giving maluses to the roll. The answer is always yes bonuses apply unless I specifically stated otherwise.
  • If someone finds that I missed an applicable bonus, I'll either retcon the bonus in or give a slightly larger bonus applied to something else in the next update.

Omakes
  1. Omake will usually net you things.
  2. The closer the omake is to canon (of this Quest) or the better written it is, the better the stuff it'll net you.
  3. Alternatively, omakes may be taken as write-ins if they revolve the actions of the Emperor.
    • If taken as a write in, it'll net no bonus but will apply other benefits during the course of the quest. (Example: Touch of Purity, the various parts of the omakes that made it into the update gave you a +1 to psyker rating)

IRC
  • Join us on the IRC! If I'm at my computer, I'm usually on so come and say hi!
  • Also for anyone who doesn't know, IRC is Internet Relay Chat.
  • There are 2 kinds of IRC you can use. Installed and web based.
    • Installed
      • Download hexchat and install
      • Hit Add and type in systemnet
      • Hit Edit for systemnet
      • On the new screen, hit add and type in irc.systemnet.info
      • There should be a tab under that stuff called autojoin channel. Click it, hit Add, type in #ItB and #SVCommand (if you want)
      • Hit close on that window, and then hit connect on the Network List.
    • Web Based
      • Go to kiwiirc
      • Type in a nickname and enter #ItB as the channel
      • Open up server and network and change server to irc.systemnet.info
      • Hit start and go!

If you'd like a primer/introduction to WH40k and the quest up until Chapter 1, I suggest you go here.

Last edited:
Index
(Warning! The Index is no longer up to date! Please use the ItB Info Sheet)

(Warning! The Omake Index is no longer up to date! Please use the ItB Info Sheet)
Canon Omakes

1. The End Time
  2. Fate of the Assassins
  3. A Guardsman's Duty
  4. The Sigillite
  5. Brothers-in-Arms
  6. For the Emperor
  7. Pride and Disappointment
  8. Where the wind blows, where the long road goes, where home is
  9. Quoth the Ravens, Nevermore
  10. Brothers in Blood
  11. Things Change in 14000 Years
  12. Bucephalus
  13. There is a Disturbance in the Force
  14. The Quest For Knowledge
  15. Redemption in Death
  16. Doing the Paperwork
  17. It Wasn't a Date
  18. Veteran's Day
  19. Peace
  20. Shadows of the Xel'Naga
  21. Dreams
  22. Complete
  23. Joy and Sorrow
  24. A song of her Soul by nairit
  25. A sentiment of hope by Jack Folstam
  26. The Will of the Dreaming by Soulful100
  27. The Life of a Man by NeoDarklight
  28. A Coin of Gold and Silver
  29. Aspects: Final Version
  30. ==Seamless Improvements Were Made==
  31. The Eyes That Never Slept
  32. The Imperial Truth
  33. Duty Version 3 (Version 1: non-canon) (Version 2: partially canon)
  34. Curiosity
  35. Dreams of Life and Death (Trajan Galen)
  36. For Retribution (Vergilius Rios)
  37. The Saga Continues (Hallgrim Greywind)
  38. Legends of the Champion (Atila Goujian)
  39. The Refining Fire Of Life (Marcus Lee)
  40. A Proper Candidate (Randor Stroheim)
  41. The Silent One (Validus of Hushed Whispers)
  42. The Second
  43. Lovely Daemons
  44. Inspection
  45. All Shall Be Well
  46. A Father's Worries
  47. All You Need
  48. SYSTEM REBOOT (The Cogitator runs out of power and breaks after the end)
  49. Return of the Emperor
  50. In Iron Clad (Sarlock)
Omakes of Partial Canonicity

1. Weakness
  2. The God Emperor Protects
  3. A Father's Lament
  4. No Longer Alone
  5. The Scions
  6. God-Machine
  7. The Eldar
  8. We Rise
  9. Alliance
  10. Front Lines
  11. Family Bonding
  12. The Arrival
  13. (Un)Earthly Worries And Delights
  14. Fear Not This Night
  15. Musings
  16. Zeruel is Not Happy
  17. Malcador does Science
  18. The imperial dilemma - - Chapter 11: The truth of (materium/common) corruption
  19. Corax's (Killzone) Speech
  20. The Children of Man
  21. Men of...
  22. Anchors of the Faith
  23. The Second Chance for Men Who Hoped
  24. Entwining Souls by ProdigiousThunder
  25. The Song by qsurf
  26. Ooh Love by Soulful100
  27. Adam and Ynnead by Soulful100
  28. Healed by H-90
  29. So Bright
  30. Light dancing in the Void, Hope chasing away the Dark, Dreams guiding through the Night
  31. Hunger Satisfied
  32. Dawning of the Light
  33. Shard of Light
  34. Suppression
  35. Anchors Aweigh
  36. New Universe New Rules
  37. Dark Angel Rising
  38. Promised Worldly Paradise
  39. 14000 Years of Utter Hell
  40. One Small Step for a Man
  41. The Long War
Annuls of History (Canon unless otherwise stated)

1. Communique to Exodus Fleet Captains - Arrival in SC Universe
  2. Communique to the Holy Synod - Arrival in the SC Universe & The Fabricator General alongside Malcador
  3. Communique from the Master of the Administratum - Arrival in SC Universe - Current Assets
  4. Communique to the Exodus Fleet Captains - First Vote after Arrival in the SC Universe
  5. Imperialpedia – Senatorum Imperialis
  6. Imperialpedia – Exodus Fleet
  7. Imperialpedia - Entertainment - A Song to the Raven & Ciaphas Cain - Hero of the Imperium
  8. Communique to the Lord Commander Exodus - Colonization and Fortification Status of the Garden Moon (Original)
  9. State of the Law in the Imperium: Memo
  10. Revised Thoughts for the Day (Partially Canon)
  11. How to Chapter Space Marines- by Swordomatic
Analysis

1. Wraithbone Analysis
  2. Psi-tech Analysis (ADDENDUM)
  3. An Analysis of Starcraft and Warhammer Power Armor (ADDENDUM)
  4. Interactions With Terran Factions
  5. An Analysis of the Tactical Philosophies of the Imperial Guard (Astra Militarum) and the Space Marine (Adeptus Astartes) and the Viability of Combining Them Under One Chain of Command
  6. An Analysis of Imperial (and Eldar) Power/Force Weaponry and Protoss Psi/Warp Blades
  7. Analysis of Joint Warfare Alongside Orkish Hordes
  8. The orkoid biome
  9. Analysis of Protoss society
  10. Analysis of Mineral Compounds
  11. Analysis of Hydrocarbon-like Gaseous Substance
  12. History of the UED
Omakes of Questionable Canonicity

1. Tactical Genius (CANON..... jk)
  2. Ice Cream (...Canon?)
  3. Science! (...Canon?)
  4. ...the God Emperor of Mankind? (...Canon?)
  5. Voiiiiiiiiiid Dragon (...Canon?)
  6. Origin of the Void Dragon (...Canon?)
  7. ...the God Emperor of Mankind? Part 2 (...Canon?)
  8. Nids (...Canon?)
  9. Eldar Sex Drive (...Canon?)
  10. Succession (...Canon?)
  11. Origins (...Canon?)
  12. UNN LIVE REPORT! (...Canon?)
  13. The Classics (...Canon?)
  14. Punishment of dead Death Korps members (...Canon?)
  15. Communique to the Illuminati (...Canon?)
  16. To Spread His Light (Possible Canon)
  17. Exodus Fleet SVers (...Canon?)
  18. The Imperial Gospel of Wealth: The blurred line between theocratic police state and libertarian paradise in the Imperium of Man (Possible Canon)
  19. Birth of the Empress (Possibly Canon)
  20. The Will Of The Imperium, or "WHAT THE ACTUAL F***?!" (Possible Canon)
  21. Designation: Beta (...Canon?)
  22. Science Bros (...Canon?)
  23. Shining Spear pt1 (Possible Canon)
  24. Shining Spear pt2 (Possible Canon)
  25. The Last Saint (...Canon?)
  26. Digimon, Digital Daemon (...Canon?)
  27. Loyalists (...Canon?)
  28. A Little Silly, A Little Naughty, A Little Sweet (...Canon?)
  29. The Hidden Conflict (Possible Canon)
  30. Understanding (Possible Canon)
  31. The Cults of Gold and Blue (Possible Canon)
Non-Canon Omakes

1. The Crusade Of Penitence
  2. Destiny: Rejoice!
  3. Shotgun Wedding
  4. WAAAAAAAAAGH
  5. Tzeentch the Asshat
  6. Tzeentch the Asshat continued
  7. Khaine
  8. Kaldor Draigo
  9. Death
  10. Illumination
  11. Fear
  12. Hope
  13. Inspiration
  14. Legion of the Damned
  15. Puppies
  16. Ten Thousand
  17. Awaking, and Promises
  18. With This Ring...
  19. Adeptus Custodes
  20. ...Allies?
  21. By Throne's Will
  22. Q Encounter Part 1
  23. Squats
  24. Welcome Home
  25. A Joint Venture
  26. Q Encounter Part 2
  27. Interesting Times
  28. Oh god, kill me
  29. Blood Ravens Part 1
  30. Blood Ravens Part 2
  31. The Ice Men Cometh
  32. Ah Yes, Ynnead
  33. Two Brothers
  34. An Exiled One
  35. HERETEK
  36. How uncouth!
  37. Exaltation, An Imperium of Paragons (Or Primarchs)
  38. AVE IMPERIUM!
  39. WHO'S YOUR ******?
  40. When the Inquisition Went to Char
  41. Communique from the Master of the Administratum to First Lord Malcador - Status of the Adeptus Administratum Post Arrival
  42. Melancholy of Conrad Chamberman
  43. Logis Strategos Report on SC Universe
  44. The Orkish Solution. Other name: "DAMMIT RAYNOR, YOU ARE MAKING EVERYTHING WORSE!"
  45. The Value of Preparation Or How Adam Proved He Isn't Stupid by asking his wife if there are any threats on the fleet because he can do that and I really doubt the Iron Men can hide from a fucking warp-goddess.
  46. The Last War of the Stone Men
  47. Maugan Ra
  48. The Talk
  49. All About That Light
  50. Never Had a Foe like me! by Somebodynobody10
  51. The Mini-Me Therapist by Somebodynobody10
  52. A Good Deed goes Rewarded by Krain
  53. Iron Redemption by Lone Wolf 66
  54. Dead Gods lay Dreaming by Ehorin
  55. Formulated Milk by ProdigiousThunder
  56. Information by Krain
  57. The Incense of Souls by Krain
  58. Crafting a Better Swarm by TheEyes
  59. The Blair's Mine
  60. A Single Shard [Song of A Mockingjay]
  61. Happy friendship, happy drunks
  62. The Song That Never Ends
  63. World of C & Little Spirits
  64. Do not be so infantile
  65. First of the Warp
  66. Apex Predators make Terrifying Parents
  67. The Hunt is On Part 1
  68. The Hunt is On Part 2
  69. The Hunt is On Part 3 and Final
  70. A Tortured Existence faces an even worse Fate
  71. The "tamed" orks and the Koprulean WAAAGH, part 1
  72. The "tamed" orks and the Koprulean WAAAGH, part 2
  73. The "tamed" orks and the Koprulean WAAAGH, Interlude 1
  74. The "tamed" orks and the Koprulean WAAAGH, part 3
  75. The "tamed" orks and the Koprulean WAAAGH, part 4
  76. The "tamed" orks and the Koprulean WAAAGH, part 5
  77. Hunt's End
  78. Flight of Horror
  79. Forging a Miracle of Victory and Wonder
  80. Our Sanctum
  81. Lessons of the Wind
  82. Shadowed Life
  83. ==Downtime, Concerns, and other things==
  84. Inspirations
  85. Guard Duty
  86. Guard duty Part 2: Orkoid Boogaloo
  87. Warboss Steven Armstrong
  88. Like a Khan
  89. Cunning over Brutality
  90. Necrons Prologue
  91. Walking a Different Path
  92. Fleet of the Night
  93. Imperial Aspect Shrines
  94. Holding the Line
  95. Pathways
  96. A Message of Hope
  97. Good Work!
  98. Victory
  99. Dreaming Dark
  100. Acceptance
  101. Iron Redemption
  102. Dreams
  103. Training Montage!
  104. Chillax
  105. The Waagh for Koprulu part 1: the replenishing
  106. The Waaagh for Koprulu interlude 1: Tal'darim
  107. The Waagh for Koprulu part 2.1: the brainboyz' grudge
  108. The Waagh for Koprulu part 2.2: the brainboyz' grudge
  109. It's Not Fair!
  110. We Stand Alone No More
  111. The Deathworld
  112. God Emperor's speech to the Mechanicus
  113. The Waagh for Koprulu part 2.3: the brainboyz' grudge
  114. Orky Enouf
  115. Redemption of the Imperfect
  116. All You Need (Alternate Path)
  117. Let's commentate - SC II, Imperial Restoration part 1
  118. Let's commentate - SC II, Imperial Restoration part 2
  119. Let's commentate - SC II, Imperial Restoration part 3
  120. Let's commentate - SC II, Imperial Restoration part 4
  121. Ravion Orpheus Yorke
  122. A Furious Dance
  123. An Ancient Lives
  124. Ave Imperator!
  125. War Given Form, Evolution Given Life
  126. Don't Be Shy, Step Into the Light
  127. The mystery of the servitor of Karrakan
  128. An Ancient Lives, Part 2: Father-Mother?
  129. The Waagh for Koprulu part 3 (interlude): "Oopz?"
  130. Batul Brothas!!!
  131. Rap-Parody of Thread-History
Art Omakes

1. OH GOD MY EYES
  2. IoM Invasion of Korhal IV
  3. Valerian Mengsk looking at an Imperial Ship & Race Selection Screen
  4. Space Marines vs. Zerg
  5. DO NOT HISS AT ME! (Colored)
  6. You're asking me to hold the line for how long?
  7. There Will be a Reckoning!
  8. Imperial Wraithlords: Lightbringer and Loremaster (Lore)
  9. Imperial Wraithlord: Spirit Walker (Lore)
  10. There's Science to be Done - Photo Message from Malcador to Adam
  11. HONEY I, Misplaced All Over the Galaxy, THE KIDS - Movie Poster
  12. Religious Chain Letters
  13. Aspects: Adepta Sororita Artwork
  14. I'M SORRY
  15. WHYYYYY
  16. Map of Eden

Last edited:
Major Characters
(Warning! The Major Characters list is no longer up to date! Please use the ItB Info Sheet)
The Sovereign Gods of the Imperium
THE GOD EMPEROR OF MAN AND ELDARKIND
(Adam Kadmon)​

Body = 16
Martial = 16
Command = 16
Psyker rating = 1 (Regain 2 per month until you hit 16)
Science = 16
Fellowship = 16

Traits
God Emperor of Mankind: You are the God ( :mad: ) Emperor of Mankind.

Well of Light: Your Light has gained an interesting property, one that allows you to split off a piece of it that you can remotely control. The pieces allow for you to create psychic bastions of purity and cleansing as well as mobile beacons, similar to miniature Astronomicons, and you muse that you will likely be able to turn those bastions into psychic wells for Imperial Psykers to draw upon in times of need when you return to full power, though you are still unsure how many you will be able to make.
-You must designate how much power to put into each Well of Light you make.
-The power put into each Well cannot exceed your Psyker Rating.
-You can make infinite Wells but the amount of power invested in them and the Bulwarks combined must be equal to or below your Psyker Rating.
-Imperial Psykers are able to tap into and draw power from the Wells
-The power that Imperial Psykers draw from the Wells will refill slowly (25% of the max per month)
-While using Wells and Bulwarks, your Psyker Rating bonus will be lessened by how much power you are maintaining.​

Fluid Bulwark: Your Light has gained an interesting property, one that allows you to split off a piece of it that you can remotely control. These pieces allow you to create miniature psychic shields and can flow into a mobile Bulwark that will allow you to do anything from protect your subjects from darker warp influences to physically defending them from daemons and the like. You muse that the Bulwarks will likely be able to be used to shield entire planets when you return to full power, though you are still unsure how many you will be able to make.
-You must designate how much power to put into each Bulwark you make.
-The power put into each Bulwark cannot exceed your Psyker Rating.
-You can make infinite Bulwarks but the amount of power invested in them and the pieces of Light combined must be equal to or below your Psyker Rating.
-Imperial Psykers are able to tap into and empower the Bulwarks over the maximum limit of your Psyker Rating
-The power that Imperial Psykers push into the Bulwarks decays slowly (25% of the total extra per month)
-While using Wells and Bulwarks, your Psyker Rating bonus will be lessened by how much power you are maintaining.​

Linked: You have made a pact to revive and ally with the Eldar. Breaking this pact may have severe repercussions on your soul.

Bane of Chaos: The Emperor is able to empower one of the most powerful and pure of His warriors and make them into Living Saints at cost to himself. (Lost 1 psyker rating each time you create a Living Saint. You may have up to 2 Living Saints active at any given point)

Exhausted: You have expended a truly prodigious amount of power in your anger, and somehow you came out of it better than before. Ynnead stabilized your soul as you unleashed the potential of your reborn body, allowing your power to knit yourself back together. You are fully healed, but you are also quite exhausted by the effort and hence, you should probably take it easy on using your Psyker gifts for the next couple of months in order to regain access to your Warp God form. Oh and did you mention that you are fully grown again?

Items
The Golden Throne
THE MOTHER GODDESS OF MAN AND ELDARKIND
(Ynnead)​

Body = 19
Martial = 16
Command = 5
Psyker Rating = 22
Science = 10
Fellowship = 17
Eldar Sex Drive ... Fertility: ??? +2

Traits
Tears of the Dead: ???

Beloved of the Eldar: Ynnead is made from the souls of the Eldar as well as the shards of the last gods. She is able to call upon the power of the Trickster, the Mother, or the Warrior in times of need. (Lose 1 psyker rating each time you call upon a shard)
Trickster: ???
Mother: Fellowship skill +10 until end of scene
Warrior: Martial skill +10 until end of scene​

Light: A strange reaction happens as Adam gave you the gift of his burning light. You are unsure what the end result of was, but it is sure to be spectacular.
-Your Light seems to be able to create Living Saints (Lost 1 Psyker Rating to gain a Living Saint. you may have up to 2 Living Saints active at any given point)​

Linked: You have made a pact to aid and ally with humanity. Breaking this pact may have severe repercussions on your soul.

Fractured Future: Your interactions with Adam and your hand in his healing have lead you to a revelation of one of your own powers. Although you already know that you are able to create illusions in the warp by bending your Light, you have also realized that you can affect the perception of other beings and/or fracture a piece of them and take it into yourself for safe keeping. However, the mechanics of the fracture are not yet clear to you and you are hesitant to try this with any darker aspects for fear of contaminating your purity.

Items
Singing Spear: a godly weapon made of Wraithbone
Heroes
The First Lord of Terra
The Emperor's Sigillite

Malcador the Hero

Body: 3
Martial: 3
Administration: 11
Psyker Rating: 12 10 7 (Alpha+, Current maximum limit is 10, drained from Krork contact)
Science: 5
Fellowship: 8

Traits
Revived/cloned by the Afril Strain: No memories of final moments + ???

Perpetual: Your body retains a stock of stem cells that allows you to live practically indefinitely. You are also able to recover from most wounds given enough time and nutrients, though you are not unkillable.

Purity Well: Adam has imbued your soul with a well of his own psychic purity that you may call upon to bolster your own formidable powers. The uses for it are many, and it has saved your life on numerous occasions. That being said, you are unable to call upon it too often for fear of burning out your soul as well as using up all of the well at once before it can use your own well to regenerate. The well has dried up from prolonged contact with the Krork sac and you are unable to refill it on your own. -2 to Psyker Rating until Adam imbues you with another Well.

Bulwark 1

Items
Strange Fungal Sac- You found this odd fungal sac after clearing your ship of a containment breach of Ork spores. This was the only sac that survived your purge
The Great Khan, Primarch of the White Scars
Jaghatai Khan

Body: 13
Martial: 14
Command: 8
Psyker Rating: 3 (Special connection to the Warp, but is not an active Psyker)
Piloting: 14
Fellowship: 12

Traits
The Fifth Primarch: You are one of the genetically and psychically engineered sons of the Emperor of Man, a living demigod. You have incredible strength and agility, as well as an affinity for piloting various crafts that is unmatched within the Imperium. You are also functionally immortal due to your genetic and psychic heritage, but you are not a perpetual like your Father or Malcador.

Spirits Touched: You are able to draw upon the Warp in an area around you to see the spirits of the world and visions of the past, much in the same way the Emperor has done so many millennia ago. While this ability has not left you, you seldom had a chance to use it in the Webway. however, now that you have been in the Materium for an extended period of time, you have been playing with what was once a curiosity and have refined your gift into something more. You are now always in tune with the spirits of the universe around you and are able to see beyond the veil at will, without drawing the Warp around you.

Items
Dark Eldar Jet Bike

Relic Power Sword Silver Scar

Ruined Power Armor

Relic Power Sword Invictus: this sword is one that has a long and storied past, seeped in the history of the Blood Angels. It has been broken and reforged many time throughout the thousands of years since it was made, but each time the reforging has made it stronger and more holy, imbued with the strength of the heroes who carried it. Both of the surviving Primarchs would be glad to wield a sword as fine as Invictus and honor their winged brother's memory.
The Lord Exodus
The Raven Lord, Primarch of the Raven Guard
Corvus Corax

Body: 8
Martial: 9
Command: 14
Psyker Rating: 3 (Special connection to the Warp, but is not an active Psyker)
Science: 12
Fellowship: 13

Traits
The Nineteenth Primarch: You are one of the genetically and psychically engineered sons of the Emperor of Man, a living demigod. Where you once had incredible strength and agility, that is lost to you now, though you are recovering that slowly. However, your brilliant mind is strengthened from your Trial of Spirit. Your military and (to a lesser extent) scientific genius arr nearly unmatched within the Exodus. You are also functionally immortal due to your genetic and psychic heritage, but you are not a perpetual like your Father or Malcador.

Master of Shadows: You possess the ability to draw upon the Warp and bend the minds of others to not see you. Though this is not an active connection to the Immaterium, you are able to draw upon this ability much like how Jaghatai can see the spirits of any place or Sanguinius can fly.

Ravaged: Your long vigil in the Immaterium has ravaged your body beyond belief. You have fought endlessly for the first 9 thousand years before finally falling to a Daemon Prince of Tzeench. From there on you were tortured endlessly, suffering untold horrors and pain that would break lesser men. Though your body has been broken and is reduced to a wreck of a man, your mind and soul are still strong and pure... Or so you thought. It seems that you have a hair trigger temper now, and who knows how else your time on that daemonworld affected you? ...It seems that through intensive meditation with the Living Saint, you have realized that the torture you suffered was not for the amusement of the daemons that held you. They were actively trying to turn you to Chaos. You must be even more careful now, to prevent yourself from indulging the darkness that you now know lurks within you. While you have not yet felt any more of it aside from your temper and a few other incidences, who knows what else the daemons implanted in you during the long millennia you spent in their care. You have resolved to keep yourself separated from others until you are able to sort yourself out, for fear of infecting more of the Exodus of the Chaos taint that you now know infects your body and mind... But no more! You have endured a Trial of Spirit and have emerged the victor! You have banished a Lord of Change from your mind and are no longer affected by the depredations of Chaos upon your soul. You are now able to begin true recovery of your body and mind now that it has been cleansed by Aurora.

Nevermore: You are an inspiring presence in desperate situations due to your past actions and resolve (+5 to morale to those under your command while under dire circumstances)

Bonded Gyrinx: She was a gift from Ynnead, who named her is Eldrad. She's adorable! ...Although you have run Eldrad out and have scared her terribly, she has come back with a "vengeance" and has been staying by your side. How could you risk the corruption of such a pure creature? How could you reward her loyalty with your bouts of anger and withering gaze? Eldrad is a constant reminder to you to do your best to overcome the taint and to defeat the daemons that lurk in your mind. +3 to all future rolls until your are no longer Ravaged

Items
Saint Aurora, Herald of The Empress of Man
Aurora Rosaline Bach
Body: 6
Inspiration: 14
Psyker Rating: 10 (Living Saint, but not an active Psyker)
Faith: 14
Piloting: 6
Fellowship: 14

Traits
Living Saint: You are a Living Saint, born to bear the greatness and blessings of Ynnead. Though you are not a psyker, your incredible Faith allows you to undertake tasks that would crush most of your fellow men. You are also incredibly pure, making it hard to corruption to even exist in your presence. Lastly, being touched by Ynnead means that people will flock to you for guidance, direction, and support. (+5 to all rolls on actions in desperate situations, +5 to all rolls on fighting corruptions of any sort, +5 on rallying people for any given reason)

Light of Ynnead: You are able to channel the brilliant Light of the Empress into a potent weapon as well as a potent cleansing/soothing catalyst.
"I swear that I will help you. I swear by the Light of the Empress that I will bring illumination to that which is engulfed in darkness, be the Beacon to those who are besieged by shadows, and be the radiant flame of hope in the void."

Saint Princeps: You are the pilot of the Imperial Titan Emperor Class: Bright Legend. The God Machine's spirit has been bound to you, just as you are bound to it, through the Light of Ynnead. While you are untrained in the arts of war and in controlling the titan effectively, it appears that your latent skills have awakened somewhat. The Mechanicus has actually revealed to you that you were the 4th on the short list of candidates for induction into the Collegia Titanica. However, you were not accepted because of a lack of manpower to train more than 3 new moderati and princeps.

Song of the Empress: When you sing the First Song of the Empress, you inspire and rally those around you to ever greater heights. You can make the lowliest of guardsmen into a heroic soldier, and even the greatest of Space Marines into an undefeatable champion of the Emperor. (+5 to dice rolls for all those around you, can only be used once per chapter)

Items
Emperor Titan: Bright Legend
The Fabricator General, High Lord of Terra
Zeruel of Mars
Body: 6
Cult Mechanicus: 11
Quest for Knowledge: 11
Psyker Rating: 1 (has a soul)
The Mysteries: 11
The Warnings: 11
Science: 9

Traits
The Quest for Knowledge:
For the longest time, you have despaired. After you have left your home universe, you have almost given up hope on the Quest for Knowledge. There is no STC here. No ruins, no legacy, no past, nothing to reflect upon or exalt. There is nothing. You thought "We are nothing. Innovation is heresy because it begets the attention of the Ruinous Powers and they will taint everything. Destroy all. The only safe passage is the STC, through which the Omnissiah has laid the clues to our salvation." For millennia, that was how we have lived and now, there is no STC but what we have brought on our Cogitator Banks. No more safe passage. However the Sigillite has shown you the light and awakened new hope within you. He has shown you that in this new world there are no Ruinous Powers. No taint. No Chaos. There is nothing to stand in your way, nothing to corrupt the innocent joys of innovation. The final gift of the Omnissiah before He was reborn was to set the Mechanicus truly free for the first time since the Horus Heresy. For the first time in 13000 years, you are free. (Bonus +10 to rolls involving the creation of new STCs)

Items
Relic Omnisian Axe Sigillite's Beacon: One of the greatest Omnisian Axes ever to be constructed and a gift from Malcador the Hero.
The Fabricator General, High Lady of Terra
Leona of Mars

Body: 8
Martial: 10
Command: 7
Psyker Rating: 1 (has a soul)
Cult Mechanicus: 13
Quest for Knowledge: 11
Science: 10

Traits
The Quest for Knowledge:
You are the protege of the former Fabricator General, and you have learned well at his heel for hundreds of years. You are a former Magos Explorator, a celebrated one at that, and your rise to Fabricator General is assured for you have ruled as Fabricator Locum for nearly two hundred years. The leadership of the Quest for Knowledge continues on in you, and you will do your best to honor your mentor's sacrifice and honor the Omnissiah's gift of freedom. (Bonus +10 to rolls involving the creation of new STCs)

Items
Relic Omnisian Axe Sigillite's Beacon: One of the greatest Omnisian Axes ever to be constructed and a gift from Malcador the Hero to your mentor. You have inherited this holy instrument of war and science.
Brainboss Gorehowl, The Krork
Gorehowl​

WAAAAAGH!: 10
Meky-ness: 3
Doky-ness: 3
Wyrd-ness: 3
Sneaky-ness: 3
Kulture: 3

Traits
Krork:
???

Orky: ???

???:

Da Brainboss: You are Da Brainboss, the first Krork in more than 100,000 years. Orks instinctively follow your lead and cannot be psychically dominated by others as long as the you are within the Waaaagh! field. Your presence is enough to send any and all Orks into a frenzy of activity, motivating and raising their competence, to accomplish whatever it is their Boss desires. Unlike with an Ork Warboss, the Orks require no displays of strength or violence to come under your control since all Orks instinctively follow Krorks.
(Orks immune to mind control or influences)
(Orks gain *1.2 bonus to any deployments if Gorehowl participates)
(All Orks met are under Gorehowl's control)

Items
N/A
The Nine Sons

Deploying the Nine Sons will grant Deathwatch bonus multipliers (*1.5 when fighting Xenos) on top of the Space Marine multipliers the members gain from their individual Chapters/Legions.

++Blood Angel (Crimson Crusader) Gun Saint- Vergilius Rios++
++Stasis Maintained: Watch Commander in Critical Condition++

++Dark Angel (???) Vanguard Veteran- ???++
++Stasis Maintained: Watch Captain in Critical Condition++

++White Scar Sword Saint- Atila Goujian++
++Stasis Maintained: Deathwatch Champion in Critical Condition++

++Iron Hand (???) Iron Father- ???++
++Stasis Maintained: Deathwatch Keeper in Critical Condition++

++Raven Guard Sternguard Veteran- Validus of Hushed Whispers++
++Stasis Terminated: Deathwatch Captain Activated++

++Salamander Techmarine- Marcus Lee++
++Stasis Terminated: Deathwatch Forge Master Activated++

++Ultramarine Apocathary- Trajan Galen++
++Stasis Terminated: Deathwatch Apocathary Activated++

++Space Wolf Rune Priest- Hallgrim Greywind++
++Stasis Terminated: Deathwatch Librarian Activated++

++Imperial Fist Chaplain- Randor Stroheim++
++Stasis Terminated: Deathwatch Chaplain Activated++

Explanation of the Stats
  • Scale of 0-5 for standard humans, 2/3 is human average, 6-10 for Space Marines, 11-15 is Daemon Prince, 16+ is God status
  • Stats also give bonuses to dice rolls equal to the stat (Psyker Rating of 18 gives +18 to 1d100 in context of using psychic powers)

Last edited:
Current Assets and Projects
(Warning! The Assets List is no longer up to date! Please use the ItB Info Sheet)
Non-Military Assets
Due to the efforts of the historians in the Adeptus Administratum, our glorious history and lineage has been preserved in a Great Library that will make it easier for us to spread propaganda disseminate information to the masses. It will also make it easier to convert the humans of this realm to the Imperial Cult.

Also due to the reputation of our missionaries from the Adeptus Ministorum, the word of the Imperial Cult spreads just a little bit faster.

Due to the spread of religious chain emails, the word of the Imperial Cult spreads just a little bit faster.

Due to the brilliant Light of the Emperor and Empress, the Imperial Cult spreads just a little bit faster.

Special Event! Initial Contact: The Firstborn

• +12 to the first roll for remaking the Eldar
  • +5 bonus to dealing with crazy people/Protoss/Zerg
  • If you guys have a Space Marine punch a hydralisk at any point in the future (which will be a thing) I'm giving it an instant "STAB IN THE THROAT" and death.
  • +15 to the roll for researching Imperial Wraithlords/guards.
  • +10 bonus to the next "We're being A HUGE DICK to someone/thing" roll
  • +14 Bonus to next diplomacy roll
  • +8 for the next Administrative action Malcador takes
  • Make the 1d6 losses roll into a 1d4 for the next action the Death Korps takes
  • +6 to the next covert op
  • +3 for the next information gathering roll
  • +1 to Dominion's disposition towards you upon first contact
  • +3 to the Emperor's next science roll
  • +57 to the next roll towards reforming the Imperium
  • +2 to morale when facing overwhelming odds
  • +3 to the next roll against morale loss
  • +50 to the creation of Adam and Ynnead's first actual child (Primarch style!)
  • +10 to forging a quintessential essence weapon
  • +22 to the roll for researching non-terran Psi-tech
  • +15 to the next research roll on terran power armor
  • +55 to Material/Mineral research
  • +13 to Malcador's next science roll
  • Blood of Ollanius Pius: potential to become a Dark Angel
  • +8 to the next time something FABULOUS happens
  • +42 bonus to implementing Mechanicus reforms
  • +10 to... Something Kr/orky for @Cjdavis103
  • +26 to Gorehowl's next roll
  • +5 to the conception of the Imperial Host
  • +30 to the rolls to heal the wounded Nine Sons
  • +10 to doing whatever it is you guys decide to do with the Deathworld you found
  • +10 to the next roll involving the Sisters of Battle
  • +5 Zerg research (not necessarily their biotech but understanding how they work as a whole)
  • +45 bonus to the first roll dealing with the Men of Stone/Silicon
  • +35 to Protoss first contact
  • +25 to the next Rogue Trader mission you charter
  • +22 to Terran First Contact
  • +27 to Zerg First Contact
  • @Ruirk is able to choose to reroll a single critfail
  • +1 to Emperor's Psyker Rating next month
  • Next Civilian morale gain is doubled
  • +10 to the first encounter with Amon
  • +7 to creating Ynnead's body
  • Exodus Fleet Morale +1
  • +50 to Vespene research
  • +10 to the roll of @Somebodynobody10 's choice
  • +1 WP
  • +1 Morale across the board
  • +1 Emps Psyker Rating
  • +3 to the next Chosen Blood roll
  • +10 to the first roll in dealing with Emperor Mengsk, however you choose to do so. If you do not interact with him, then the bonus goes into something of your choosing. @Somebodynobody10
Population
188 million humans in cryosleep
1 million humans
Morale: 6 + 1 (luxury goods) = 7 "Comfy living! Saint Aurora is amazing! Praise the God-Emperor! Still can't get over that Xeno goddess! :confused:"

5 million human crew of the Exodus Fleet
Morale: 3 + 1 = 4 "Everything is going quite well, regardless of the threats we face."

Worlds
  • Eden: 1 Million/1 Million/1 Billion+
    • 2 million food per .5 population every 6 months = 4 million food per 6 months
Note: The population statistic reads as follows- CurrentPop/CurrentMax/PlanetaryMax
Basic Galactic Starmap
Detailed Local Starmap
    • Crystal Beast Prison (Destroyed)
    • Asteroid Field (High Mineral Content)
    • Holy flame (A hot ball of rock)
    • Ferrus (A world made almost completely out of useful metals)
    • Ares (Xeno Temple on a ball of rock with a thin atmosphere and life may have lived here in the distant past)
    • Pythus (Oceanic world made of poisonous/toxic liquids but have lots of Mineral deposits)
    • Kronus (Gas Giant with rings made of useful metals)
      • Eden (Garden Moon)
    • Asteroid belt (Useful materials abound)
    • Asuryan (Aesthetically pleasing, but inert, gas giant with lots of balls of rock for moons)
    • Krios (Iceball with promethium)
    • Boreas (A cold ball of ice)
  • Death World
  • Oceanic World
  • Zerg System
Work force capability is rated using work points or WP. It is an extrapolation of the entirety of the industrial capacity of the fleet, but starts off at 1 WP per million population, can be raised or lowered by various factors, and is rounded to the nearest .5. You have X amount of WP each turn to use and any that you do not use are lost.

WP can be distributed by .5 WP or by project

1 WP per million population (6 mil pop = 6 WP)
Arks Mechanicus + Fabrication machines = 1.2 multiplier
Current WP: 7.2 -> rounded down to 7

Currently using Split Focus (Capability in focus but the amount of WP available is reduced by 20% 10% for each additional focus you take due to inefficiencies in space management in multi-configurations)
  • Manufacturing: You are able to produce industrial and war machines for various purposes (WP can be spent per order in order to scale production to its max capacity)
  • Hydroponics/Aeroponics: You are able to grow your current food stock (each WP gives 1 million units of food)
Effective WP: 6.3 -> rounded up to 6.5

Food stock is cataloged by units and is used at a rate of 1 per person per month
Current Food Stock: 28.465 million units -> - 6 million units + 3 million units = 25.5 million units
N/A
Military Assets
Exodus Fleet
  • 27 Civilian/Military ships
  • Ark Mechanicus Emperor's Pathfinder (Minor damage sustained)
  • Ark Mechanicus Might of the Omnissiah
  • The Phalanx
  • Chosen Blood Strike Cruiser Creed of Light
  • Gloriana-class Battleship The Bucephalus (Grievous damage sustained)
  • Sword Class Frigate Afriel Strain Malcador's Science Vessel
655,000 Imperial Guard Soldiers
  • 79 Terran Praefect Regiments [395,000 men] ('Standard' Imperial Guard)
  • 15 Veteran Necromunda Regiments [75,000 men] (+10 to City Fighting rolls, -5 to Open Field rolls)
  • 15 Veteran Elysian Drop Troop Regiments [75,000 men] (Airborne, capable of rapid drop deployment without malus to rolls)
  • 15 Death Korps of Kreig Regiments [75000 men] (+10 to any d12 or d20 they roll, but lose ((1d6)*10)% of the Korps every time they are deployed)
  • 1 Storm Troopers Regiments [5000 men] (Roll twice for each action and take the highest)
  • 1 Kasrkins Regiments [5000 men] (Unbreakable morale)
99,990 Skitarii
  • 1 Skitarii Legion
    • Contains Vanguard, Rangers, and Dragoons

Vehicles and Armor
  • 1 Macharius
  • 1 Basilisk
  • 2 Leman Russ's
  • 2 Chimeras
  • 2 Sentinels
  • Warhound Titan Red Fury
  • Reaver Titan Indomitable Will
  • Warlord Titan Rust Hammer
  • Emperor Titan Rogal Dorn
  • Emperor Titan Bright Legend
Space Marine Chapters
422 Imperial Fists (4 companies + part of a 5th company)
x1.25 Dice Multiplier (x1.5 when constructing and manning fortifications)​
25 Chosen Blood (Scouts/Lexicani)
x1.25 Dice Multiplier (x1.5 when researching, recovering, or purifying artifacts and relics)​
20 Grey Knight (2 squads)
x1.25 Dice Multiplier (x1.5 against Daemons and other such beings)​
10000 Adeptus Custodes
x1.5 Dice Multiplier​

Vehicles and Armor
  • 1 Land Raider
  • 1 Predator
  • 3 Rhinos
  • 2 Razorbacks
  • 12 Jet Bikes
  • 4 Storm Ravens
  • 4 Thunderhawks
  • a ton of Drop Pods
  • Castraferrum Mark VI Dreadnoughts available for Production
++Biometrics matched: Xavier van Heppel, Ordo Xenos, Legacy Cell++
++Inquisitor Status Updated: Active++
++Legacy Cell Status Updated: Active++
++Inquisitor Heppel, by order of the Divine Sovereigns of the Imperium++
++You are hereby granted the rank of Lord Inquisitor++
++|-|++|-|++
++Welcome to the Exodus Network Lord Inquisitor++
++Lord Corax has ordered that you log all missions from the Sovereigns++
++For the benefit of all future Inquisitors, there will be a record to draw upon++
++Knowledge is power, guard it well++
++Ave Imperator++​
Deploying Sisters of Battle has the following effects:
  • Unbreakable Morale for any Regiment a squad of Sisters are attached to.

Convent Adustae

Orders Militant
Dawning Hope - 77
- 1 Canoness: Titia de Castilla
- 1 Palatine: Truusje de Fuentes
- 4 Celestian: Skye
- 1 Sister Superior: Corina Barstad
- 5 Seraphim: Rachell
- 13 Dominion: ???
- 14 Retributor: Anette, Leasah, Shu
- 38 Battle Sister: Tomika

Orders Hospitaller
Immaculate Lantern - 68
- 14 Surgeons: Thresa
- 23 Physicians: ???
- 31 Nurses: ???

Orders Dialogous
Sacred Flame - 9
- 9 Sisters: ???

Orders Famulous
Honour's Glow - 16
- 16 Sisters: ???

Orders Sabine
Resolute Spark - 12
- 12 Sisters: ???

Orders Pronatus
Ancient Light - 18
- 18 Sisters: Tsalie Crawn

Orders Mechanicus
Shining Vision - 20
- 20 Sisters: Maren
2 Culexus
5 Callidus
5 Vindicare
5 Eversor
Scientific Assets
  • Orkoid fungal sac psychic drain and connection to the Warp
  • Orkoid psychic draining cluster- Mechanics
  • Properties of native minerals
  • Wraithbone derivatives
  • Ancient xeno structure material
  • Function of the crystal beast machinery
  • Mass-Attractor Arrays (Tractor Beam) STC
  • Ork-like cell cluster that produces a psychic drain effect. While you're as of yet unsure if this is more similar to a Blank's aura or a siphon on the Warp energies channeled by a psyker, the results speak for themselves. It may be prudent to do more research on this before deployment, however...
  • 20 Gene-seed of Lion El'Johnson (Dark Angels, Pure, Unforgiven ???)
  • 200 Gene-seed of Leman Russ (Space Wolves, Canis Helix)
  • 1500 Gene-seed of Rogal Dorn (Imperial Fists, Weak Bletcher's Gland and Sus-an Membrane (likely to be lost again without intervention), Pure)
  • 200 Gene-seed of Sanguinius (Blood Angels, Predilection to the Red Thirst, Sons of the Great Angel: Each of the gene-progeny of the Blood Angels have a genetic memory of Sanguinius' last moments as well that of his spirit's temporary revival by Ynnead during the End Times. Blood Angels are less likely to fall to Chaos or other corrupting influences with the notable exception of the Red Thirst.)
  • 250 Gene-seed of Roboute Guilliman (Ultramarines, Pure)
  • 200 Gene-seed of Vulkan (Salamanders, Super strength, Overactive Melanochrome (radiation resistance))
  • 200 Gene-seed of Corax (Raven Guard, Non-functioning Bletcher's Gland and Mucranoid)
  • 150 Gene-seed of Unknown Primarch (Black Ward, REDACTED)
  • 150 Gene-seed of Unknown Primarch (Storm Guard, REDACTED)
  • 150 Gene-seed of Unknown Primarch (Blue Hands, REDACTED)
  • 18 Gene-seed of "The Dark Primarch" (Chosen Blood (Blood Ravens), Higher chance for Psyker development, Low functioning Catalepsean Node, Conduit: ???)
  • 180 Gene-seed of The Emperor (Grey Knights, pure)
  • 5000 Eldar gene-samples
  • 5000 Ork spores
  • Fistful of Necrodermis
  • 1 million mineral samples
  • Crystal Beast prison structure material
  • Ancient machinery that suspended the crystal beast
  • Remains of Jaghatai Khan's Mk IV Maximus Artificer Power Armor
  • Basic Galactic Map
  • Zeruel's Adamantium Tree
Currently 3 km diameter with no paths.

Projects
Open the portal to a new universe: Complete!
Get hot, innocent, and pure elven Empress: Complete!
Create the beginnings of the Imperial Webway in this universe: Complete!
Expel the daemon from Corvus' soul using the The Power of Love! Light of Aurora's soul: Complete!
Investigate the strange radio broadcast: Complete!
Make landfall in the new universe: Complete!
Do SCIENCE! on the strange fungal sac: Complete!
Figure out where the hell we are: In Progress
Unlock the secrets of the Eldar memories: In Progress
Develop Capital World: In Progress
[REDACTED]: In Progress
Create Ynnead's mortal body: Not Started
Create the new Eldar Aspect Shrines: Not Started
Exploit Capital System: Not Started
Colonize Another World: Not Started
Gather Intelligence on the Tyranid-like Xenos: Not Started
Gather Intelligence on the Golden Architecture Xenos: Not Started

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The contents of the original post for posterity:

Hi everyone! I'm TorrMercury and I'm new to SV/SB as a member, though I've been lurking around since January. I'm a somewhat experienced writer, but could never hold down an idea long enough to actually make it into a book. However, I am an experienced tabletop GM and have run several long running tabletop RPG campaigns so I thought why not mix the two and see if that goes anywhere? If anyone has any constructive criticism for how I'm running the quest or my writing, please feel free to PM me!

So, I'm rather excited to see where SV goes and what shenanigans we'll come up with!

Last edited:
IN THE GRIM FUTURE, THERE IS ONLY RISK TO EVERY ACTION, AND MORE RISK TO EVERY REWARD.

[/] NOW! We will not dally while the Great Enemy pushes on our doorstep! Open the portal, regardless of the risk of instability! (Unstable portal. Effects: ???)
[/] Open the portal on Terra itself. (More population goes through. Empire Quest!)

I really dislike Empire/Civ type quests, but I'm willing to give it try for the GOD EMPEROR!*
I am a casual fan of WH40K at best.*

[X] Plan H-90

Last edited:
Thank you for the vote of confidence! I'm actually planning on not making this quest run like a hardcore Empire quest like To Rule. I have something in mind for each choice depending on what happens during the start-up, but rest assured that I HAVE A PLAN

Wow, this is really interesting! As for my thoughts and votes...

[x] Wait, but with strategy. Send outer regions forces in Segmentum Solar and elsewhere for a counter-offensive to trick the Chaos gods focus out of the shocks of power, while we prepare for opening the portal. The portal is to be opened with the next strong shock of power.

Where should you open the portal?
[x] Open the portal in space around Terra. (Less population but you start with star ships. Space Empire Quest!)
- [x] Be sure to invite the Grey Knights for the ride. ;)

- This way we hopefully get more crucial troops/equipment/ships/etc. through the portal, while also prevent somewhat the forces of Chaos stopping us. We open the portal in space, because we will be the rulers of the next universe and not just some world. The New Great Crusade is afoot!

The question of the END DAYS is whether the Forces Of Chaos will be able to follow us or not.
An unstable portal might stop them, but considering they're suppose to live in the WARP, that's...
Hhmhmhm....

[X] NOW! We not not dally while the Great Enemy pushes on our doorstep! Open the portal, regardless of the risk of instability! (Unstable portal. Effects: ???)
[X] Open the portal on Terra itself. (More population goes through. Empire Quest!)

[x] Wait, but with strategy. Send outer regions forces in Segmentum Solar and elsewhere for a counter-offensive to trick the Chaos gods focus out of the shocks of power, while we prepare for opening the portal. The portal is to be opened with the next strong shock of power.
[x] Open the portal in space around Terra. (Less population but you start with star ships. Space Empire Quest!)
- [x] Be sure to invite the Grey Knights for the ride.

[X] NOW! We not not dally while the Great Enemy pushes on our doorstep! Open the portal, regardless of the risk of instability! (Unstable portal. Effects: ???)
[X] Open the portal on Terra itself. (More population goes through. Empire Quest!)

We are saving as many as we can, no time to wait!

Loyalist Primarchs are all dead/lost/stasis. Those lost are still lost, and those in stasis are out in other Segmentums. By this point, most SM chapters have been wiped out and the only ones remaining are the Grey Knights, Imperial Fists, Space Wolves (barely), and a few Imperial Fist successor chapters. There are currently less than 6000 Space Marines left in the Imperium and each and every one of them are required on the field of battle. Write-in on how you want to recall the Marines? Cause if you do, Abaddon is going to push faster.

Edit: Main reason for those listed being still around is because their homeworlds are all in Segmentum Solar.

Warp Travel takes months, even within a Segmentum. Arguably Solar is the quickest, but I would still say that it would take up to 2 weeks for SM forces to arrive at Terra.

Edit: That's not to say that there are no SM forces in the Sol system. The Imperial Fists' homeworld is Terra and the Grey Knights is Titan so you'd be able to have some of their number at least.

Last edited:
Plan: Get that Phalanx with us!
- Imperial Fists Phalanx is recalled to Terra with a fighting force of 500 Astartes (Imperial Fists and their successor), if it has stayed at Terra, then great!
- Grey Knights are to lead a counter-assault to enable the Phalanx to back to Terra and also to wrong-foot the Traitor Forces so that we have time to leave this Universe with some Astartes.
- If possible, use the retreating Astartes forces (500 marines + the Phalanx) to lure the leading elements of the Chaos army into a trap, what shall be the starting point of our counter-assault.
- Gather us much geneseed as possible from Mars and other possible locations to quicken our Astartes production at the other Universe.

We will get a good space fortress (The Phalanx) and a contingent of marines that can rebuild, while not lessening our overall combat strength too much on our current battle lines. I don't think that we will be able to get much more Astartes than this, at least not without other major setbacks. Is this plan workable, or do you want something with more detail @torrmercury?

That plan is good! The Phalanx is currently sitting by the Oort Cloud so recall is easy. GK forces are heavily depleted and is a part of BF Solar. Do you want any GK marines to come with? Or only IF+successors? What about Space Wolves?

Also, closing votes at 1500 EST

Last edited:
That plan is good! The Phalanx is currently sitting by the Oort Cloud so recall is easy. GK forces are heavily depleted and is a part of BF Solar. Do you want any GK marines to come with? Or only IF+successors? What about Space Wolves?

Also, closing votes at 1400 EST

GK would be nice, but my only concern is how we get enough recruits for more of them (because they have to be psykers), so maybe only like 50-100 of them? To my mentality this big END TIMES fight is the best thing ever for Space Wolves, their dream come true :D but if we can get one great company of them with us, then sure. :) I just don't want to take too much off from our defenses, so that we can still slow down that Chaos advance.

Recall Marine Plan: [x] H-90
We can't go out running around when the Warmaster is barreling towards us. We will need all the help we can get.

Wow Are you sure to make the player chance to play Big E?.

There will come munchkin on player part with his ability and if the Gm don't nerf him.:p

If I might suggest?

Don't forget to bring the Custodes. They're basically proto-Astartes, in some fluff interpretations as badass as Grey Knights but not psykers, and generally pretty hardcore.

Not to mention they're Old School, and so almost certainly have some very old, very nice gear.

If I might suggest?

Don't forget to bring the Custodes. They're basically proto-Astartes, in some fluff interpretations as badass as Grey Knights but not psykers, and generally pretty hardcore.

Not to mention they're Old School, and so almost certainly have some very old, very nice gear.

Yeah, let's take all the Custodes we can. We don't know how well the Emperor is able to act in that other Universe, so it is a good idea to have the Custodes around. ;)

Back