Attempting to Survive the Apocalypse: Dimensional Dislocation

[] Plan underhanded help

From the plan I tried to push last time, it seems reasonable from my perspective. Developing ourselves while also improving our fighting force should be a priority, because eventually we're going to need a way to get resources ourselves.

(Edited, new replies didn't show)
Absolutely not. It's an important option and I would rather burn an extra die here than roll another 12 on the d100 and delay it another turn.
Frankly, I actually agree with this. I need time to think out the logistics, but you do raise a valid point. Though, there's always the fear that we roll too well, and essentially waste dice. But that's the downside of probability, it never goes how you wish.

Last edited:
Frankly, I actually agree with this. I need time to think out the logistics, but you do raise a valid point. Though, there's always the fear that we roll too well, and essentially waste dice. But that's the downside of probability, it never goes how you wish.
That's the fear, but our dice are cursed so I don't think it'll really happen. And if we end up wasting a die to get an extra one? fair trade imo.

Also my biggest problem with underhanded help, aside from spreading ourselves thin again, is the lack of any dice on ALR-51 progress. That's an important tech tree, and while we sadly don't have the dice to focus it right now, any progress we can get there is critical.

Also there's apparently differing priorities for automation intensification, but honestly I could probably be convinced to change those with a decent argument.

That's the fear, but our dice are cursed so I don't think it'll really happen. And if we end up wasting a die to get an extra one? fair trade imo.
I've only been in this for about a turn so I can't truly say weather or not our dice are cursed.

if you want cursed dice you should have seen the QMs rolls for tiberium spread at the GDI plan quest.

Also my biggest problem with underhanded help, aside from spreading ourselves thin again, is the lack of any dice on ALR-51 progress. That's an important tech tree, and while we sadly don't have the dice to focus it right now, any progress we can get there is critical.
Yes it is important but as you said we can't focus on it right now but with 90Wish it'll have a +20 per die bonus so we can let it wait a turn while we get the 50 which the military want right now out the door and then spend about two dice a turn on starting next turn

Also there's apparently differing priorities for automation intensification, but honestly I could probably be convinced to change those with a good argument.
We are so far behind on getting our basic infrastructure it's not even funny and have zero power.

EDIT: Oh and before I forget LostDeviljho you should put a - before the []s after the "[] plan LDj" part of your plan so that the entire thing gets read as a single vote by the system rather then about 18 like it is right now.

Last edited:
The Kipi zone is growing. Sod. I had rather hoped it was under the critical limit.

Nice of the Russians to 'deal us in' as it were. Shame the news isn't more encouraging.

Really hope the US XCOM has been slacking on military applications. Because otherwise this thing managed to walk more than six kilometres not only unharmed but not even motivated to bother defending itself, despite everything the US military could throw at it.

Some of those options make me think we are going to end up pulling a coup in self-defence.

Yes it is important but as you said we can't focus on it right now but with 90Wish it'll have a +20 per die bonus so we can let it wait a turn while we get the 50 which the military want right now out the door and then spend about two dice a turn on starting next turn
I, frankly, think the dice is better spent getting a head start on it than on the "foundation self sufficiency" option which doesn't actually solve any of the problems that keep us from being self sufficient.

We are so far behind on getting our basic infrastructure it's not even funny and have zero power.
When we invest in services with automation we are exponentially increasing our dice. While I do, personally, really wish we had more industry dice, I think it's a better investment to put those dice in Services right now.

Really hope the US XCOM has been slacking on military applications. Because otherwise this thing managed to walk more than six kilometres not only unharmed but not even motivated to bother defending itself, despite everything the US military could throw at it.
Not only did it come out of the encounter without a scratch but it also went out of it's way to avoid hurting anyone as it moved through the city, so I'm not quite sure what that means but it is interesting.

I, frankly, think the dice is better spent getting a head start on it than on the "foundation self sufficiency" option which doesn't actually solve any of the problems that keep us from being self sufficient.

When we invest in services with automation we are exponentially increasing our dice. While I do, personally, really wish we had more industry dice, I think it's a better investment to put those dice in Services right now.
We're on a timer remember so we don't really have time to waste getting perfect automation before building basic infrastructure and when the EU collapses our resources will go out the window, again it's a fair opinion to have but I'm prioritising different things right now.

What do you guys think about maybe going all-in on the dice with robotics?
Sure I love permeant blackouts.

Absolutely not. It's an important option and I would rather burn an extra die here than roll another 12 on the d100 and delay it another turn.

Also there's apparently differing priorities for automation intensification, but honestly I could probably be convinced to change those with a decent argument.
The dice are cursed, true enough, but even they have their moment's of respite. But overall, I'd say you're right about it. *proceeds to roll 2 Natural 100s*

The ALR-51 althoug h is an important priority, I feel it can wait for about 2 turns, before it becomes to pressing. 300 is a tall order, and although putting it off wouldn't help, we have other things that can remedy it's immediate need.

Some of those options make me think we are going to end up pulling a coup in self-defence.
Totally not a reason I was pushing for making us self-sufficient as fast as possible.

No. We need power, critically. It's our biggest deficit, and every robotics improvement makes it deeper.
Isn't that self-sufficiency? My idea of it was dealing wit hall our biggest deficits (mostly power) while preparing more for the storages underground, and trying to automate more things. Human labour is not cost-effective, and we haven't made enough use of robotics.

Not only did it come out of the encounter without a scratch but it also went out of it's way to avoid hurting anyone as it moved through the city, so I'm not quite sure what that means but it is interesting.
Psh, isn't it obvious? It's the BFG!

Isn't that self-sufficiency? My idea of it was dealing wit hall our biggest deficits (mostly power) while preparing more for the storages underground, and trying to automate more things. Human labour is not cost-effective, and we haven't made enough use of robotics.
No, it's not. Self sufficiency gives us resource income, it does nothing for our power issues.

[X] Plan ALR-50 focus

Infrastructure (4 Dice)
-[x] Maintenance Facility (Stage 1) - 1 dice, 5 R
-[x] Robotics Repair Facility (Stage 2) - 2 dice, 30 R
-[x] Foundation Electrification (Stage 1) - 1 dice, 15 R

Industry (4 Dice)
-[x] High-Capacity Power - 1 Dice, 20 R
-[x] ALR-50 Production (Stage 1) - 3 dice, 45 R
-[x] ALR-51 Development - 2 free dice, 10 R

Services (5 Dice)
-[x] Automation Intensification
--[x] Infrastructure (Stage 2) - 1 dice, 5 R
--[x] Services (Stage 3) - 2 dice, 10 R
-[x] Integrate AI Planning 1 dice, 5 R
-[x] Personal Assistants 1 dice, 5 R

Military (6 Dice)
-[x] Local ACR-10 Factory (Stage 2) - 1 Dice, 10 R
-[x] Aircraft Acquisition - 1 dice, 10 R
-[x] ACR-10 Field Modification Kits - 1 dice, 5 R
-[x] IDCS Network - 1 dice, 15 R
-[x] ACR-H-20 Development - 2 dice, 20 R

Operations (1 Dice)
-[x] Assist ELID Purges - 1 dice

Dimensional (4 Dice)
-[x] Worldwalker - 4 dice, 20 R

Personal (2 Dice)
-[x] Found 90Wish - 1 dice
-[x] Enemy of My Enemy - 1 dice

-[x] +5 Dice Bonus to Industry (Free Dice)

Total R cost: 200

Because ALR-50 Production (Stage 1) increases the amout of people saved by 20000 per turn
and ALR-51 Development increases the amout by 30000.

Back