Wyvern - Worm AU fanfic

PRT-issue arrows? The fact that she still has her old Hockey Mask implies that not only does she at times go out with Lethal Munitions, she does so outside Ward hours and PRT knowledge to avoid oversight!

Hehehehe!!! And what's worse, those aren't PRT-Issued arrows! Either way this goes Sophia's so far up Shit-Creek it's not funny, and something tells me she's not only NOT got a paddle, but likely not even a BOAT!!!!!

Oh at this stage she might still have a blow up canoe (with quite a few leaks), until they test the arrows for blood residue...

There was indeed a set of crude shelves hacked out of the wall.
I don't understand how Shadow Stalker could do this. She certainly wasn't dragging the locker out and pushing it back in each night to hack out those shelves, so she must have been using her power. That lets her get her arms and a tool behind the locker, fine. But then, she's got to turn the tool (or part of it) solid to do the hacking while keeping her hands and arms immaterial (to go through the locker back and control the tool). Is she able to do that? I thought it was an all-or-nothing deal with her.

I don't understand how Shadow Stalker could do this. She certainly wasn't dragging the locker out and pushing it back in each night to hack out those shelves, so she must have been using her power. That lets her get her arms and a tool behind the locker, fine. But then, she's got to turn the tool (or part of it) solid to do the hacking while keeping her hands and arms immaterial (to go through the locker back and control the tool). Is she able to do that? I thought it was an all-or-nothing deal with her.
She went into Winslow one night and unbolted the locker, dragged it out and hacked out the shelves.
Then she bolted it back into place and used her phasing to put stuff on the shelves and retrieve it again, through the back of the locker. That's why there was a faint outline of UV dye on the back wall. It came off on the way through.

She went into Winslow one night and unbolted the locker, dragged it out and hacked out the shelves.
Then she bolted it back into place and used her phasing to put stuff on the shelves and retrieve it again, through the back of the locker. That's why there was a faint outline of UV dye on the back wall. It came off on the way through.
Thanks, Ack. That makes sense.

Metinks Sophia is not going to be the only unmasked parahuman for long. I'm not sure Taylor can hold in the stress from this revelation long enough to avoid becoming the Wyvern.

They say never tickle a sleeping dragon...

They need to add 'never punch an unchanged Wyvern for she causes more problems with words than she does with plasma breath.'

Hehehehe!!! And what's worse, those aren't PRT-Issued arrows! Either way this goes Sophia's so far up Shit-Creek it's not funny, and something tells me she's not only NOT got a paddle, but likely not even a BOAT!!!!!
I have the saying for it: "She is up Shit Creek in a rusty, barbed-wire canoe with a paddle made of sugar. And she's entering the rapids."

So!!!

Nice.

Theft - there was clear intent to permanently keep the Decoy. That's Sophia, Emma, Madison.

Use of parahuman powers in the commission of a crime - the theft. That's Sophia.

Possible aiding and abetting use of parahuman powers and/or or other cape gang charges. That's Emma, Madison for working with Sophia (see above).

Attempt to interfere in the investigation of a crime - that's Emma.

Destruction of school property - Sophia.

Vandalism - whoever Decoy recorded scratching up Decoy

And various probation violations - Sophia.

And various Ward regulation violations - Sophia and her "sharp looking arrows"

And whatever happens when Emma's, Madison's, and almost certainly BOTH of Sophia's phones are confiscated.

And, you know, the lying, which does two things:
First, it drastically decreased the credulity of anything Sophia and Emma say.
Second, it will play into the drastic increase in credulity of Taylor's entire bullying journal, with the built-in explanation of 'how they got into my locker over and over' now well known to all involved, including the police and PRT both.

--

That said, Miss Milita and the PRT showing up is a flare-lit tipoff to the entire school. Good job, Sophia, Emma.

--

Very nice chapter.

Dont forget slapping Blackwell and other staff with accessory charges, and if the school is getting money for having a ward present, defrauding the government.

The locker incident itself can be considered attempted murder and bioterrorism.

Dont forget slapping Blackwell and other staff with accessory charges, and if the school is getting money for having a ward present, defrauding the government.

The locker incident itself can be considered attempted murder and bioterrorism.

Oh, yeah.

"Whose locker is that?" asked Gainsford, looking at Principal Blackwell.

"Uh … I'm not sure." There were beads of sweat on her forehead, and her eyes were flickering everywhere as if seeking an escape route. She knew damn well whose locker it was.

Huh.

Yeah, the "No, Taylor's allegations, when TRIVIALLY investigated, hold up solidly' leads to more aiding and abetting, you're right. And, again, the lies come back to destroy credibility. They don't have to be legally actionable themselves, just enough to detain her, KEEP the cop sitting on the secretary sitting on the secretary, and go to a judge and say "Yeah, I want a warrant RIGHT NOW before whoever else is in on this destroys evidence"

Excellent!

Well, this was fun. I have a feeling a lot of people will have a field day. Sadly, this will not help Brandishs mental state (she already is paranoid about the PRT. This will not help with that. Like at all...)

Now, if Taylor manages to keep it together, and does not change, it would be perfect. If she does change, I have a few ideas how to make everything worse for the Trio (and the PRT) by explaining what exactly happened at Taylor's trigger :)

The only way I see 'WYVERN SMASH' happening is
if Sophia takes a stab at Taylor and gets Danny instead, even if the cops and Miss Militia take Sophia down, that will cause rage smash.

The only way I see 'WYVERN SMASH' happening is
if Sophia takes a stab at Taylor and gets Danny instead, even if the cops and Miss Militia take Sophia down, that will cause rage smash.
Oh boy, that is one of the worst case scenarios imaginable for the PRT in this specific situation...

Mostly because she would be in the right to kill Sophia in that case. Self-defense.

If she, however, manages to not kill Sophia (or even better, not shift at all), the PRT will have a lot of problems to deal with. Also, potentially a new member of New Wave, who is open. Wich is a powerful message: I do not trust the authorities to protect my family from retaliation, but now that he is dead, I trust myself to protect myself from retaliation...

Oh boy, that is one of the worst case scenarios imaginable for the PRT in this specific situation...

Mostly because she would be in the right to kill Sophia in that case. Self-defense.

If she, however, manages to not kill Sophia (or even better, not shift at all), the PRT will have a lot of problems to deal with. Also, potentially a new member of New Wave, who is open. Wich is a powerful message: I do not trust the authorities to protect my family from retaliation, but now that he is dead, I trust myself to protect myself from retaliation...
The least of those worries in that scenario would be the fact that EVERYONE now knows that the PRT WILL kill you to keep you quiet.

So, I was re-reading and got to Chapter 5

Why the hell was Sophia allowed to come into contact with Taylor?

The PRT knew who Taylor was, that Sophia caused Taylor to trigger, and yet allowed them to come into contact with each other again.

So, I was re-reading and got to Chapter 5

Why the hell was Sophia allowed to come into contact with Taylor?

The PRT knew who Taylor was, that Sophia caused Taylor to trigger, and yet allowed them to come into contact with each other again.
Armsmaster was/is trying to play loose with the rules to ensnare the powerful changer that currently his guts slow-roasted.

Metinks Sophia is not going to be the only unmasked parahuman for long. I'm not sure Taylor can hold in the stress from this revelation long enough to avoid becoming the Wyvern.
I mean, she managed to hold in the change even after Sophia punched her, so she's probably fine. Unless there's imminent risk of bodily harm I think she'll be able to hold it together at least for the next bit.

Taylor knew that getting hit would help seal Sophia's fate - I still believe there was a second recording going on - so not the same kind of stress. EDIT: No, Taylor didn't have a second tape, but Danny was carrying one.

I find myself hoping that this is the Miss Militia who serves her adopted nation out of devotion, rather than the Miss Militia who ruthlessly exploits underage capes.

Last edited:

I'd like to say Sophia is in serious trouble, but they're going to make everyone sign a NDA, throw Emma and Madison under the bus, and ship SS to another city. Instead of her going to jail like she should the PRT is going to cover their ass every which way but loose.

Taylor should sign the NDA and sue the hell out that school and the school board. The PRT is incompetent as hell. I was in a work program and my teacher would at least show up and talk to everyone I worked with about how I was doing on the job and it was a program I wanted to sign up for.

Back