Why Yes, I am an Evil Lair. (Worm/Dungeon Core) (No Longer A Quest)

Heads or Tails? (Vote after reading Chapter 9)

• Heads!

Votes: 85 62.5%
  • Tails!

Votes: 51 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*Get's d&d flash back* ooooh shit, I know what's happening; i have already que'd up the firefly reference. And the mountain dew is chilling.

Whatever the vote, have the coin land on it's side. :D Show just how much control the dungeon has over it's space and forces them to make an actual decision.

EDIT: And be an insult on Coil's 'Heads all the time' coin trick. :)

Last edited:
Heads. I vote heads because I wanna see them accidentally burst in on a dressing room full of draugr for the sheer 'WTF?!' factor as well as a very polite, "I'm terribly sorry, we seem to have wrong room."

In regards to Murph, while I had considered doing a more direct expy of Karen Murphy, I decided to take some of the broad strokes of the initial appearance, i.e. petite blonde, way more dangerous than she looks, and go in a different direction. Murph is not a particularly nice person. Temper and impulse control issues, and while she mentioned the fraternization and excessive force issues that had her bouncing between city police departments, she's got some problems with chain of command as well.

Hmm, no offense to Murph, but her denigration of the Thompson is bull. It is both extremely accurate and deadly for a submachine gun that can do full auto. It weighs about 12 pounds of solid wood and iron which completely counteracts the recoil and allows for stunts like writing with the bullets. I have personally fired one with absolutely minimal firearms experience and wrote "HI" in a space the size of my palm on full auto with a single stick clip.

Also, the ammunition is great, as the Thompson used 45 pistol rounds not rifle, so can be used in pistols without any problems. The lack of drums is actually a good thing as the drum had a faulty spring that would often jam or break.

I thought that they turned on the snitch. They don't act like they're on camera.
chrisleech threw 1 2-faced dice. Reason: Heads=1 Tails=2 Total: 1
1 1

Hmm, no offense to Murph, but her denigration of the Thompson is bull. It is both extremely accurate and deadly for a submachine gun that can do full auto. It weighs about 12 pounds of solid wood and iron which completely counteracts the recoil and allows for stunts like writing with the bullets. I have personally fired one with absolutely minimal firearms experience and wrote "HI" in a space the size of my palm on full auto with a single stick clip.

Also, the ammunition is great, as the Thompson used 45 pistol rounds not rifle, so can be used in pistols without any problems. The lack of drums is actually a good thing as the drum had a faulty spring that would often jam or break.
If Murph is a Tattletale in disguise it would make sense she doesn't know much about guns except things her power feeds her, and she merely tries to sound convincing for people who doesn't have the knowledge either.

Now see, that's an excuse to have Murph cradling her shiny new gun and apologize for anything she ever said bad about it.

She was automatically assuming that it was inferior to the modern military firearms most commonly used in SWAT teams and paramilitary organizations.

Eh, it makes sense for skeletons to have more issues with recoil than humans do. After all they have a lot less mass and shock absorbing soft tissues.

Keep in mind, you're talking about the real gun, while she was commenting on the magically generated guns being fired by nameless mooks. It's perfectly possible that their guns really were horribly inaccurate and, at the same time, that the named version she has is even better than the real one.

What I'm wondering is if the loot is an inherent part of how the dungeon works or something Core added himself, at least in these parts of the dungeon.

Tails. This is turning out pretty interesting, I hope that Sundancer, Uber, Leet, Genesis, and Murph don't die. Could care less about Balllistic though.

I can see the adventures of Uber, Leet, and Murph being a thing. With murph being like an unpowered badass that works with them. Murph, the Merc with the mouth?

o_O, now I hope the healing potion doesn't go into overdrive and cause her body to be nonstop healing tumors like Wade.

Back