We aren't with the Ethereals we swear! (X-com)

I vote for:

[X] Dolphins

They're the most evil rapists and unbearably sadistic creatures of the se- Nevermind. Bears' victory is all but decided now. I guess I'll have to grin and bear it.

I believe he said just for now, since whatever we turn them and lobsters into would be too strong at the moment.

This;

Is what we turn lobsters into.
Note that this is one of the toughest and most terrifying units in TFTD.

It is also the reason entire late-game aquanought squads carry mandatory melee drills as backup weapons, despite the heavy weight of said weapons.

The only reason crysalids are scarier is the fact that lobsterman can't make more of themselves in terror missions

Last edited:
Fucking awesome. I wonder what our crazy researchers can do with Polar Bear genetics. It's already a killing machine, just add armor and superior aquatic capabilities...

Fear the Ice Bear
[x] Bear

You spend a great deal of time working on "bear" genetics. It's a pretty interesting combination of genomes and you think that with a good deal of effort you should be able to enhance this creature into a potent weapon.

XXXXXXXX

It took a while but you've finally managed to create a combat viable creature based off of the local polar bears.

The Ursa class assault unit is a powerful close ranged combatant with the ability to unleash a long ranged sonic roar at its enemies. Its incredible durability should be more then capable of making sure that it gets to the front lines in time to use the close range combat abilities in question.

"I wonder how our enemies will bear the defeats we'll be handing them." Xana's voice chips in happily "It'll be a Grizzly mess when our bears enter range that's for sure."

She's going to be making bear puns for a long time isn't she?

"Just let me get my bearings and I'll have a good target for you send an attack force up commander!"

She is.

Its days like this that make you wish you'd just died when you first crash landed on this planet.

What do you do next (Choose 2)
[x] It may be a good idea to try and make contact with the natives.
[x] You actually do have some samples of native DNA, you might as well see if it explains why the Ethereals are messing with a relatively primitive species like this.
[x] You'll probably want to capture some of the Ethereal forces alive at some point you'd better get to work in it.
[x] Ethereal starships continue to be a problem and they seem to be attempting to terrify native forces into surrender, you'd better shoot a few down and kill the crews to keep them from doing their jobs.
[x] Your forces are going to need some extra fire power if they're going to be able to do anything if they want to work on land, better see if you can get a combat drone designed to fill the need.

Last edited:
[x] Ethereal starships continue to be a problem and they seem to be attempting to terrify native forces into surrender, you'd better shoot a few down and kill the crews to keep them from doing their jobs.

[x] You actually do have some samples of native DNA, you might as well see if it explains why the Ethereals are messing with a relatively primitive species like this.

Well everyone let's just hope their willing to talk and not shoot us at first sight, cause if they do will be dealing with a two front war.

Edit:
wkz has a point attack the Ethereal first to show we aren't with them, instead of talking to the natives first

Last edited:
[x] Your forces are going to need some extra fire power if they're going to be able to do anything if they want to work on land, better see if you can get a combat drone designed to fill the need.

Contact X-Com while shooting at their enemies!
They just might be intelligent enough to realize that we aren't obsessed with murdering all humans.

Last edited:
[x] Ethereal starships continue to be a problem and they seem to be attempting to terrify native forces into surrender, you'd better shoot a few down and kill the crews to keep them from doing their jobs

Back