Voices From Beyond: A Skullgirls Quest

Marie's Debut in the Ring, Part 1 New
MARIE'S DEBUT ON THE RING, PART 1!

Are you sure this is a good idea Myriad? Marie asks, feeling uneasy at the idea that the companion, who have been with her since she became the Skullgirl, was suggesting to her. Shouldn't it be better to remain hidden right now?

(It's okey Marie, what's the worst that can happen?)
(Indeed Madam, after what you have accomplished, this feels like a proper reward.)
(C'mon lass. You know you want to do this, don't you? This is the best chance you gonna get.)

"...Very well, if you think it's a good idea." Marie says, a part of her still worried, but the rest of her overflowing with excitement for what she was about to attempt.

(Atta girl! Let's do this! And just to spice things up…)

[Ability Upload Commencing...]

[Uploading...]

[Upload Complete!]

As the most recent gift of Myriad reached her, the knowledge entering her mind and giving her the ability to perform a certain technique like if she had practiced her whole life for it.

"Ohh…" Marie mutters as she realizes the most recent ability Myriad had just given her. A pure smile blossoming in her face. As she stares at the crowds of people entering NMO arena, Marie starts feeling excited for what is to come.

This is going to be interesting.

Annabella, or Annie of the stars as she is known nowadays, was not having a good day right now. Not only did she have to participate in the event with "Him", but she was also forced to spend a whole day accompanying one of her fans because of that essay contest, while the newest Skullgirl was already active!

Annie was equally frustrated and happy when she heard the news. Apparently, the Skullgirl revealed herself by killing the head of the Medici family, Lorenzo Medici himself.

Good riddance, Annie thought. While the Medici tried to put a good face on the public, she was more than aware of the evil acts they committed. A small part of her hoped that with the death of the man, things would start to change on this city, but a more negative part of her knew that this wouldn't change much, there would be always guys like Lorenzo at every corner of the streets, ready to take his place.

But Annie of the stars didn't care about that, what had her whole focus was the fact that the Skullgirl hasn't been seen since then! No other accident, no news about attacks of wanton destruction, nothing! This was clearly weird behavior for a Skullgirl, something that worried Annie without stopping.

What would be the reason why the skullgirl acts differently this time around? What am I missing? Annie thought as she started heading for the arena, ready to begin the event with…uuuggghh, "Him". She can't help but scowl at the thought when a voice sounds behind her, breaking her line of thought.

"Excuse me, you…you are Annie? THE Annie? Could I ask for an autograph?" Annie turns around to see a young girl staring at her with that enthusiastic look in her face that all fans had. Her maid outfit and her white hair made for a weird combination on her, but oddly fitting. She was holding a notebook and a pen. "A friend of mine is such a huge fan of your show!" She says with a bright smile, but she could also feel a bit of unease.

Putting on her show mask, Annie got rid of the scowl on her face and gave her fan a confident smirk. "Sure kid. To whom is this for?" She says as she takes the notebook and the pen, ready to sign it. The child brightens at hearing this.

"Is for my friend Patricia! She will be so happy when she finds out you signed this!" The child can't help but say excitedly as she holds both her hands in front of her chest. Annie proceeds to sign the notebook, with practiced motions from decades of experience.

Putting a smirk as she puts one of her hands on her hips, while the other one offers the notebook back to the child. Who accepts it happily.

"There you go kid. I hope your friend enjoys this." And with that, she turns around, and continues walking back to the arena, Florence will nag at her if she dares to arrive late to the event.

That's the last thought that Annie makes before everything goes dark for her.​

"That 's right! your main man is back! Come on, New Meridian, let me hear you HOOOOOOOWLLLLl" Beowulf roars to the crowd as the event starts. He loves being the center of attention, as the whole crowd cheers excited for the event to begin!

As Annie of the Stars enters the stage to begin the main event, Beowulf feels his heart starting to pump faster, ready to get the show in the road!

"Who's this walking into my ring to challenge me?!" Beowulf shouts loud for all the crowd to hear. "If it isn't Annie of the Stars! What are you- Wait, you look…different?" Beowulf comments, as she stares at Annie, but somehow…different than the current actor.​

"Well, I heard THE Beowulf was coming out of retirement!" She says as she puts on a confident smirk. "So I decided to…spruce things a tiny bit. My chance to rumble with a legend should be special!" She puts one hand on her hips as the other stabs her sword on the ground.

"Do you hear that, Wulfpack? Sounds like we have a real match here!" Beowulf shouts as the crowd starts going crazier.

"Annie of the Stars vs the one, the only, BEOWULF!" The crowd's noise reaches a crescendo, as the shout and cry of excitement for the upcoming bout.

"Are you ready for this?!" Beowulf shouts as he reaches for his trusty chair. In response, Marie only smirks as she wields her blade.

"Let's do this!"

Yes, is exactly as some of you may wonder. Marie is not missing her chance to see the BEOWULF! in action herself! She wants to take part on his comeback!!!

As for what ability did we give her? Well it's a wrestling one, that's all I will say.

Will try to write the rest tomorrow, not that good at fight scenes, but will give it a shot.

I was so lucky to find a custom palette of Annie on Marie's style, I knew I had to do this XD

Last edited:
That's the last thought that Annie makes before everything goes dark for her.
Well hopefully Annie won't be to mad at Marie, although I'm sure Marie would definitely enjoy this after so much trouble.

Although I can see people who are big fans of Annie spot the differences between the two quickly.
As for what ability did we give her? Well it's a wrestling one, that's all I will say.
Can you at least say from what series or is that a surprise as well.

Will try to write the rest tomorrow, not that good at fight scenes, but will give it a shot.
Take your time.

Will do! Thanks!!!

Well hopefully Annie won't be to mad at Marie, although I'm sure Marie would definitely enjoy this after so much trouble.

Oh don't worry, with Myriad's promoting, Marie asked Valentine for her sleeping gas; enough to knock Annie for a few hours, she will have a goood rest.

Although I can see people who are big fans of Annie spot the differences between the two quickly.
Not with Johnny cage acting skills baby!!!!
With Myriad giving her the tips she has that covered!

Can you at least say from what series or is that a surprise as well.
Want to keep it as a surprise, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point which one I would go for.

Last edited:
[X] Plan All for one V2
Also just a heads up in reworded my last saying, so just add the new version and it's good.
[X] Plan All for one V2
Oh don't worry, with Myriad's promoting, Marie asked Valentine for her sleeping gas; enough to knock Annie for a few hours, she will have a goood rest.
Well hopefully Valentine and Last Hope will enjoy the show.
With Myriad giving her the tips she has that covered!
Eh, I'm sure characters like Parasoul or Peacock will see something strange (it's mostly cause I find the idea of the two chasing after Marie funny)

Want to keep it as a surprise, but I think it's pretty obvious at this point which one I would go for.
I would want to say Zangief but he's probably the most obvious, so maybe King from Tekken.

MARIE'S DEBUT ON THE RING, PART 1!

Are you sure this is a good idea Myriad? Marie asks, feeling uneasy at the idea that the companion, who have been with her since she became the Skullgirl, was suggesting to her. Shouldn't it be better to remain hidden right now?

(It's okey Marie, what's the worst that can happen?)
(Indeed Madam, after what you have accomplished, this feels like a proper reward.)
(C'mon lass. You know you want to do this, don't you? This is the best chance you gonna get.)

"...Very well, if you think it's a good idea." Marie says, a part of her still worried, but the rest of her overflowing with excitement for what she was about to attempt.

(Atta girl! Let's do this! And just to spice things up…)

[Ability Upload Commencing...]

[Uploading...]

[Upload Complete!]

As the most recent gift of Myriad reached her, the knowledge entering her mind and giving her the ability to perform a certain technique like if she had practiced her whole life for it.

"Ohh…" Marie mutters as she realizes the most recent ability Myriad had just given her. A pure smile blossoming in her face. As she stears at the crowds of people entering NMO arena, Marie starts feeling excited for what is to come.

This is going to be interesting

Annabella, or Annie of the stars as she is known nowadays, was not having a good day right now. Not only did she have to participate in the event with "Him", but she was also forced to spend a whole day accompanying one of her fans because of that essay contest, while the newest Skullgirl was already active!

Annie was equally frustrated and happy when she heard the news. Apparently, the Skullgirl revealed herself by killing the head of the Medici family, Lorenzo Medici himself.

Good riddance, Annie thought. While the Medici tried to put a good face on the public, she was more than aware of the evil acts they committed. A small part of her hoped that with the death of the man, things would start to change on this city, but a more negative part of her knew that this wouldn't change much, there would be always guys like Lorenzo at every corner of the streets, ready to take his place.

But Annie of the stars didn't care about that, what had her whole focus was the fact that the Skullgirl hasn't been seen since then! No other accident, no news about attacks of wanton destruction, nothing! This was clearly weird behavior for a Skullgirl, something that worried Annie without stopping.

What would be the reason why the skullgirl acts differently this time around? What am I missing? Annie thought as she started heading for the arena, ready to begin the event with…uuuggghh, "Him". She can't help but scowl at the thought when a voice sounds behind her, breaking her line of thought.

"Excuse me, you…you are Annie? THE Annie? Could I ask for an autograph?" Annie turns around to see a young girl staring at her with that enthusiastic look in her face that all fans had. Her maid outfit and her white hair made for a weird combination on her, but oddly fitting. She was holding a notebook and a pen. "A friend of mine is such a huge fan of your show!" She says with a bright smile, but she could also feel a bit of unease.

Putting on her show mask, Annie got rid of the scowl on her face and gave her fan a confident smirk. "Sure kid. To whom is this for?" She says as she takes the notebook and the pen, ready to sign it. The child brightens at hearing this.

"Is for my friend Patricia! She will be so happy when she finds out you signed this!" The child can't help but say excitedly as she holds both her hands in front of her chest. Annie proceeds to sign the notebook, with practiced motions from decades of experience.

Putting a smirk as she puts one of her hands on her hips, while the other one offers the notebook back to the child. Who accepts it happily.

"There you go kid. I hope your friend enjoys this." And with that, she turns around, and continues walking back to the arena, Florence will nag at her if she dares to arrive late to the event.

That's the last thought that Annie makes before everything goes dark for her.​

"That 's right! your main man is back! Come on, New Meridian, let me hear you HOOOOOOOWLLLLl" Beowulf roars to the crowd as the event starts. He loves being the center of attention, as the whole crowd cheers excited for the event to begin!

As Annie of the Stars enters the stage to begin the main event, Beowulf feels his heart starting to pump faster, ready to get the show in the road!

"Who's this walking into my ring to challenge me?! Beowulf shouts loud for all the crowd to hear. "If it isn't Annie of the Stars! What are you- Wait, you look…different?" Beowulf comments, as she stares at Annie, but somehow…different than the current actor.​

"Well, I heard THE Beowulf was coming out of retirement!" She says as she puts on a confident smirk. "So I decided to…spruce things a tiny bit. My chance to rumble with a legend should be special!" She puts one hand on her hips as the other stabs her sword on the ground.

"Do you hear that, Wulfpack? Sounds like we have a real match here!" Beowulf shouts as the crowd starts going crazier.

"Annie of the Stars vs the one, the only, BEOWULF!" The crowd's noise reaches a crescendo, as the shout and cry of excitement for the upcoming bout.

"Are you ready for this?!" Beowulf shouts as he reaches for his trusty chair. In response, Marie only smirks as she wields her blade.

"Let's do this!"

Yes, is exactly as some of you may wonder. Marie is not missing her chance to see the BEOWULF! in action herself! She wants to take part on his comeback!!!

I was so lucky to find a custom palette of Annie on Marie's style, I knew I had to do this XD
Absolutely incredible work. I'm excited to see where you go with this. This is definitely getting a threadmark. And I'll offer you the same choice of rewards I offered ConfusedPotato for the negaverse omake, a choice between a power the thread's already discussed getting, a weapon the thread's already discussed getting, or a hint about a problem the thread wants to solve.

You probably need to add it to the list of abilities Marie has.

a choice between a power the thread's already discussed getting, a weapon the thread's already discussed getting, or a hint about a problem the thread wants to solve.
Nice work @Kingster and I'm certainly looking forward to what choice you'll make for Marie and how it would help her.

You probably need to add it to the list of abilities Marie has.
Will add that And Chronos ability tomorrow, haven't forgotten about it, just hadn't had the chance to do it.

Absolutely incredible work. I'm excited to see where you go with this. This is definitely getting a threadmark. And I'll offer you the same choice of rewards I offered ConfusedPotato for the negaverse omake, a choice between a power the thread's already discussed getting, a weapon the thread's already discussed getting, or a hint about a problem the thread wants to solve.
Glad to see you enjoyed this! Will try to finish it tomorrow, fighting scenes are something I'm not that good at, but will give it my best shotX

At the very least, this will be good experience.

For the reward, gonna have to take a rain check on that for now, I believe that's how it's said. It's really late where in from and in falling sleep in my desk, will choose the reward tomorrow after having a chance to think it thoguht.

[X] Plan All For One V2

I have awakened! Heh, nice we got Lorenzo, and yeah Valentine let those two live so that they could spread news of what Marie looks like.

Good thing we can Shapeshift~! Good luck chasing every white haired black dressed person in the city suckers!

Updated Marie's curretn abilities.

Updated Cerebella, Valentine, Black Dahlia and Squigly current status.

For the reward, I think i will go with Urien's Aegis Reflector skill that I mentioned a few days ago if its valid. (Aegis Reflector).

Marie needs a skill to deal with Annoying zoners who like to spam projectiles! This is the best solution to that!

Updated Marie's curretn abilities.

Updated Cerebella, Valentine, Black Dahlia and Squigly current status.

For the reward, I think i will go with Urien's Aegis Reflector skill that I mentioned a few days ago if its valid. (Aegis Reflector).

Marie needs a skill to deal with Annoying zoners who like to spam projectiles! This is the best solution to that!
All right, then, starting with the next story post, Marie will be able to use Aegis Reflector. Marie can make a shield of energy appear in front of her that can travel a short distance away from her. If Marie moves from the position where she summoned the shield while it is still moving, it will continue going in the same direction as when it started. Any projectile that hits the shield will bounce off, and anyone who touches the shield besides Marie will be electrocuted. After taking enough damage, the shield disappears. If Marie hits someone and they fly into the shield, they will be electrocuted and bounce off the shield like a ping-pong ball. Marie can use Aegis Reflector up to four times in a fight, but if she gets into two different fights in quick succession, she will start the second fight with all four uses of Aegis Reflector available.

Marie will be able to use Aegis Reflector.
Looks like you'll need to update Marie's skill list again @Kingster :D.
Hmm, maybe Marie needs a extra set of arms to help her, luckily we know a fighter who can use her hair in a fight.

All these images are broken.
The images look fine on my end.

I was reading the new entries and noticed some of the images were broken, so I checked them all to see if some of the previous ones were too.

All these images are broken.

The images look fine on my end.

Just checked the images, I don't know why but when I look them in my phone they appear broken too, but in my laptop i can see them just fine. I don't understand why this is happening.

...Should I replace all the image links? I have never encountered this situation.

Looks like you'll need to update Marie's skill list again @Kingster :D.

Will do!

Last edited:
Are you checking them on phone? I seem to have that problem, but when i check with my laptop they are fine.
Yep I'm on my phone right now, wonder why it's different on it?

I would say don't bother changing the links if it's too much of a hassle, with the names there it's not difficult to find what they look like.

Weird, my phone is showing the images alright to me.

Alright so besides leaving the Medici's one final present, any ideas on what Marie should do next? Maybe ask Valentine on what she should do now, and perhaps confuse Valentine and Last Hope as well.

Alright so besides leaving the Medici's one final present, any ideas on what Marie should do next? Maybe ask Valentine on what she should do now, and perhaps confuse Valentine and Last Hope as well.
Honestly? I'd say to simply get out of dodge, everyone is going to expect a bloodbath, they won't expect the Skullgirl to simply go away with a single kill.

Plus after she's calmed down this would be the perfect time to properly convince the Nurses that Marie isn't under the Skull's control yet, and that she's trying to get rid of it, might even help us convince the zomgirl and her pet snek!

I'd say to simply get out of dodge, everyone is going to expect a bloodbath, they won't expect the Skullgirl to simply go away with a single kill.
We still have Black Dahlia coming after us though.

Plus after she's calmed down this would be the perfect time to properly convince the Nurses that Marie isn't under the Skull's control yet, and that she's trying to get rid of it,
We can only hope that they believe Marie.

might even help us convince the zomgirl and her pet snek!
We can only hope that they'll be willing to listen.

Weird, my phone is showing the images alright to me.

Honestly, I rather not try to play too many mind games. Marie managed to accomplish her goal. now is time to bail and plan our next move.

We have Squigly tracking us, so we need to either try to convince her Marie isn't gonna go murderhobo on everyone, or confine her to the time out box.

Honestly? I'd say to simply get out of dodge, everyone is going to expect a bloodbath, they won't expect the Skullgirl to simply go away with a single kill.

Agree, no reason tp get invovled in unnecesarry fights.

Plus after she's calmed down this would be the perfect time to properly convince the Nurses that Marie isn't under the Skull's control yet,

Ehh, not sure we could have the nurses as true allies for marie, they still are focused in their mission fo killing the skullgirl and stufy the skullheart. While we could use their assist for some stuff, no way we can fully trust them for stuff.

Perfect reason to bail now. Black Dahlia isn't one i wpould like Marie to face without more prep, specially in her turf.

might even help us convince the zomgirl and her pet snek!

I hope so, it could go either way if Squigly would not try to kill Marie, depends how composed Marie is. maybe if we could communicvate with her and tell Squigly how we are helping Marie, but we are probably still ways away from being able to talk with others.

Last edited:
We have Squigly tracking us, so we need to either try to convince her Marie isn't gonna go murderhobo on everyone, or confine her to the time out box.
Along with lab 8 which means Ben and Patricia will definitely be running to find Marie.
Perfect reason to bail now. Black Dahlia isn't one i wpould like Marie to face without more prep, specially in her turf.
And Marie isn't exactly at her strongest right now as well, she'll definitely need planning, more skills, techniques, abilities and weapons if she wants to defeat Black Dahlia.

I hope so, it could go either way if Squigly would not try to kill Marie, depends how composed Marie is.
Marie does need another friend she can talk with.

Yeah, but unless she has the same sensors as the Labs, she's going to look for an obvious trail of destruction and bodies, reanimated or otherwise, without it Marie doesn't really leave a trail that she can track so long as she isn't using the Skull.

We can only hope that they believe Marie.

Maybe talk to them one on one first, starting with Valentine, of it doesn't work, meh, we can always drop them over the ocean and let them swim their way back on their own.

Back