Tome of the Orange Sky (Naruto/MGLN)

I was assuming he was going to use explosive food but saving it for the barbeque afterwards makes more sense.
Knowing Naruto, at least some of those foods are explosive, but only Deidara is likely to notice at first. Then, he'd probably prime a piece and toss it up for an airbust just to prove to Naruto that he noticed and appreciated the effort.

Let me guess.

Sasori's replacement puppet has "Proudly Made In Uzushiogakure, Care Instructions Printed On Inside Lining", and when taking it apart for maintenance, sure enough there's a list of do's and don'ts printed neatly.

And on the shirts, there's something written on the back in "invisible" print, that only comes out when it gets wet (sort of like those gym shirts), that says in small print: "At Least Sasori Got A Replacement Puppet..."

There is NO shame in laughing like a maniac to the epic beat down that was shared with us today. Nagato and Akatsuki wanted peace? Yeah.. here's your peace through superior firepower. :evil:

Naruto to Everyone: "Fight me Bro!"
Everyone: "Fuck No!"

Message Delivered. Message Received.
Mission... Accomplished.

Excellent words @CmptrWz Most Excellent Words!

And to think: Yoko didn't participate.
And Hinata isn't very far behind them.
And Ino is quickly moving up.

Speaking of Yoko, and of still not going all out, remember the giant medical healing chakra rasengan she hit the entire hospital with? And how it can just as easily be a medical scalpel chakra rasengan?

And to think: Yoko didn't participate.
And Hinata isn't very far behind them.
And Ino is quickly moving up.

Speaking of Yoko, and of still not going all out, remember the giant medical healing chakra rasengan she hit the entire hospital with? And how it can just as easily be a medical scalpel chakra rasengan?
I mean they already know he could have been shooting dust release, and can probably guess that all the clones could too...

Point, I was more thinking about how the Tome of the Orange Sky was similar in many places to the Tome of the Night Sky, aka Tome of Darkness, aka Reinforce. Chapters 39 and 40 also seem to indicate Yoko and Naruto share some of the similarities of a Unison Device and their Lord as well.

At the same time it still appears that the Tome is repairing itself still and we don't quite have a clear idea on what it's planning with Matatabi. So far it all seems to be pointing that Unison is possible but still some time far away.

Or that the Tome of Orange Sky has the Guardian function, but may not have the Unison feature. Unlike Hive, TotOS doesn't seem to have it's own guiding intelligence outside of the repair functions.

Literally first sentence of the story contradicts this.

The Tome of the Orange Sky would have despaired if it were still capable of emotion as it fell to the planet below it.

I'll admit it might also be an Intelligence Device but a little later the Author stated this.

It would take another three days before the Tome was repaired, though likely still missing quite a few capabilities from what it once had.

Again I would also indicate that not only is the Tome planning something for the two tails, but Naruto and Yuko have a connection similar to that of an Unison Device and their Lord. Sure I'll give that it's different but there's just way to many indications that the Device is still repairing itself and the possibility is quite high that this is possible.

A good indication of this is literally when it repaired the Knight functionality around chapters 39-40 and I doubt that would be the last thing the Tome of the Orange Sky has hidden.

Edit: Errr... make that chapter 50, my bad.

Last edited:
"So he gets a replacement puppet," Mei said. "What do the rest of us get?"

A minute later there was a folded t-shirt in front of each of them. Looking confused, they all lifted the shirts and he was reasonably certain that they weren't really impressed with 'I lost to the Uzukage, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt'.
i hope they wear them for the rest of the visit

i hope they wear them for the rest of the visit
Seems a bit too much of a shaming action for Naruto to insist on it. That said, I imagine several of the individuals involved would be willing to take the plunge just to see if Naruto layered something else in for anyone willing to take the humiliation hit in public.

Speaking of which, I wonder what Gaara and Temari received, since they both bowed out of the fight after admitting being unable to fight at the minimum level needed for any real effect on the combat?

So we're not even at the Shippuden era, and none of the big threats from that era are threats here.

Canon got fired out of a cannon.
There are still a few of the movie plots such as the bood prison and the land of demons, probably also the crescent moon kingdom as well. Other than the Stone of Gelel and The Last, that have definitively been preemptively derailed so far and only the land of snow that has already been used. Then their are a number of anime specific arcs if the author wants to use them like the Nadeshiko village and the plots for both the Star village and the waterfall village arcs.

Last edited:
Other than the Stone of Gelel and The Last, have definitively been preemptively derailed so far
I think you should have said "Other than the Stone of Gelel and The Last, which have definitively been preemptively derailed so far" since your meaning is that both movies events now can no longer happen due to the events in the story. Otherwise your meaning isn't all that clear. Also the Waterfall village arc is a complete no-go since IIRC there's no more Hero Water, the tree that hides the village is dying and they're moving to a new location since the old one is no longer viable. Without the Hero Water there's no coup attempt (since IIRC it was for control of the Hero Water) and with the Bijuu now gone (and Akatsuki changing its goals) there should be little to disrupt them in the future. In fact, since I'm pretty sure both of their claims to fame are now gone, I have to wonder how long they'll last before the village goes bankrupt and they're likely folded into Konoha.

Back