Tome of the Orange Sky (Naruto/MGLN)

But... you haven't introduced any NPCs named Kuonji yet.
I wonder which is actually worse: Nerima craziness or Konoha craziness? Adding the two together would get...interesting, rather quickly at that. I've read many crossovers and whenever Naruto OR Ranma get involved things get pretty crazy really quickly but some of the craziest are always crossovers between the two.

I wonder which is actually worse: Nerima craziness or Konoha craziness? Adding the two together would get...interesting, rather quickly at that. I've read many crossovers and whenever Naruto OR Ranma get involved things get pretty crazy really quickly but some of the craziest are always crossovers between the two.

What I want is a crossover between the two that actually lasts. I've read so many that were really good, but died young.

You want a crazy Ranma 1/2 crossover?

Try Silver Rimmed with Crimson. It's Ranma/Sailor Moon, but unlike other Fuku Fics, Ranma is Princess Serenity's reincarnation.

I may have read it, but bookmarked it to check later, just in case. I actually wrote a few chapters of a Ranma/SM cross born out of a typo calling Haruka Ten'oh Haruka Tendo. Never published it, though.

Both of what examples? There are at least three posts you could be referring to, and you didn't bother to quote anything.
Presumably the two examples given in the post immediately before the one you're responding to.

Since I recall the name and it really could be both of the examples I gave, I agree that I was the most likely person being responded to. I do agree that it can be annoying figuring out who somebody is talking to without a quote or @ to guide me.

I probably read Dreaming of Sunshine, since it sounds vaguely familiar. Not sure though, and I don't recall what site I read it on... probably FFN though.

I think he probably actually is top-tier bullshit strong...in his actual specialty. Which isn't dueling. In recon infiltration alone his accomplishments are mistaken as having taken an entire village intelligence department working for an extended period, and to have been terrifyingly effective under that assumption. He treats 95% or so of a ninja village's security like it's a single security camera that is already unplugged.
He is top-tier bullshit in his specialty, yes. But his specialty isn't strength-based, so we can't call him top-tier bullshit strong in it. :p
So, will the recent revelations about Shibai Ōtsutsuki affect this story at all?
Checks

"Otsutsuki lives insanely long life through skill, kama rebirth, and 'forced evolution' triggered by eating chakra fruits with possibly-conflicting things. Eventually likely has elements piled up to the point where it killed him due to some internal problem/conflict and didn't have a kama ready when his body gave out, others assume he ascended to godhood instead of just falling over dead...and if that was the case he was an asshole who apparently left the rest of the species behind instead of doing anything to help them also achieve godhood alongside him."

There isn't a whole lot here to "affect the story" when the dude was already dead. How the hell his remains end up anywhere near the Elemental Nations is a bit of a major plot hole too, because that seems like the kind of thing they'd be keeping in a much more secure location if the dude is seen as a god and the Otsutsuki didn't exactly start anywhere near Earth. Possibly they were being held onto by one of those that eventually did visit Earth, but that isn't likely to happen anytime soon in this story.

He is top-tier bullshit in his specialty, yes. But his specialty isn't strength-based, so we can't call him top-tier bullshit strong in it. :p

Checks

"Otsutsuki lives insanely long life through skill, kama rebirth, and 'forced evolution' triggered by eating chakra fruits with possibly-conflicting things. Eventually likely has elements piled up to the point where it killed him due to some internal problem/conflict and didn't have a kama ready when his body gave out, others assume he ascended to godhood instead of just falling over dead...and if that was the case he was an asshole who apparently left the rest of the species behind instead of doing anything to help them also achieve godhood alongside him."

There isn't a whole lot here to "affect the story" when the dude was already dead. How the hell his remains end up anywhere near the Elemental Nations is a bit of a major plot hole too, because that seems like the kind of thing they'd be keeping in a much more secure location if the dude is seen as a god and the Otsutsuki didn't exactly start anywhere near Earth. Possibly they were being held onto by one of those that eventually did visit Earth, but that isn't likely to happen anytime soon in this story.
I honestly love the interpretation that he didn't ascend cultivator style but just fucking died from taking too many steroids. Then all the other fucking Otsutsuki just assumed that because he dropped over dead that he must have become a god because they are just crazy

When compared with other people in his speciality though, he is top tier bullshit strong. It's really just a side thing though.

The ideal infiltration expert is one that's never noticed until they're already long gone. In that regard, Naruto kind of screwed up in Kumo. They noticed the missing items after his intrusion. It's just fortunate that the village already had problems remembering where some things are stored or how to access them. Thus it was assumed they just couldn't find stuff due to looking in the wrong places... until the map was delivered as a really cheeky flex.

Pretty sure it is.

Unlike DnD's larger-on-the-inside portable storage, Sealing Scrolls don't actually define any part of the expanded space' boundary... they're a linked pointer.

So you don't get DnD's infamous "retroactively delete the existence of anything that was within 120 ft radius (I think) of where one dimensional anomaly was stuffed inside another." fun times....

Last edited:
The ideal infiltration expert is one that's never noticed until they're already long gone. In that regard, Naruto kind of screwed up in Kumo. They noticed the missing items after his intrusion. It's just fortunate that the village already had problems remembering where some things are stored or how to access them. Thus it was assumed they just couldn't find stuff due to looking in the wrong places... until the map was delivered as a really cheeky flex.
I mean, leaving signs in your wake is only a screw-up if you intended not to. Naruto's op seems like it likely landed exactly the perception it wanted to.

It was Flashy but in a fashion that helps things rather than harms considering he is still in fact a Shinobi what he wants to disguise is the sheer degree of his Infiltration skills because a good chunk of it is tied up in Clones so while he is incredibly obviously over here doing thing drawing attention away from all his Clones who are variable in Appearance doing the Actual infiltration recon Etc. So in this instance doing standard shinobi get there do the thing then once done leave

He and his group were never unattended long enough to possibility be in on the infiltration, so obviously Konoha used his VIP visit as a distraction while the real spies did the spy work.

So he comes out looking less like an infiltrator if anything.

Last edited:
In a way, the Naruto from The Mouse of Konoha is a better infiltrator then this Naruto. At a young age he managed to infiltrate Kumo (I think) for weeks or months (not sure), steal the kage's signet ring, rescue the abducted ninken, and bring home someone who'd been held captive (sort of) since the end of the previous shinobi war. And in the wake of all this, Kumo was looking for someone who doesn't exist, since that Naruto had been taught the value of not reusing a disguise once that cover is blown.

@FaerieKnight79 In many ways this Naruto is using the stage magician style off infiltration, i.e. have them see one thing that's blindingly obvious while actually doing something completely different. It's actually no less effective and the best thing is he's using the standard Shinobi ideology against everyone else which means that their own confirmation bias is blinding them to the truth and will continue to do so unless he's caught, which is so unlikely it's virtually impossible.

Back