Tome of the Orange Sky (Naruto/MGLN)

Counterpoint, Orochimaru noted back when the Paperwork Intent was used on him that the only way to be immune to it would be to have no fear of paperwork. Konan hadn't managed that after years of being able to become one with the paperwork physically.
Actually he noted that she's more afraid of paperwork that other high level nin. Because in addition to the usual fears she's also got a fear of being used for paperwork.

Huh.

Naruto should join Maple Tree. He'd fit right in with the rest of that guild.
Not just him, Hinata would fit too

To be fair a Lot of high level Shinobi are weird enough to fit in

Look at A here he can keep up with someone using the 4 gate while using a dual element boost with countless clones harassing him. And he was basically just using 1 buffing technique, maybe 2 if you count the discharges he used to deal with the mirrors

Naruto is doing cultivation without even knowing cultivation. Nice. He is now the Father of the Elemental Cultivation in the Elemental Nations.

By comparison, Naruto was obviously out of ideas that didn't reveal things he was keeping secret. This kind of battle didn't play to his strengths at all and she was fairly certain that he couldn't win it under his current limitations. The two were also now putting out enough chakra to likely be noticed from a very significant distance.
This paragraph is a bit confusing... I had to reread it to realize that this is still Hinata's thoughts.
Maybe if you replace she with Hinata?

Nagato might literally die of cardiac arrest - with how bad a shape his body is in - if exposed to paperwork intent, but If he survived the initial exposure I expect the world would get a second moon.

Excellent spar! :) I'm really curious what the fallout from Naruto dissolving the limiters for the first 2 gates will be...he doesn't seem to be experiencing any distress so far at least.

So I think it is now safe to say that Paperwork Intent should not be used on high-level opponents.

So I think it is now safe to say that Paperwork Intent should not be used on high-level opponents.
I'm not sure why among my first thought amounted to:

Step 1: Create Seal to emit paperwork intent.
Step 2: Sneak copies into the paperwork of others, preferably triggered somehow like if their nearly done...
-Sub A: Not sure why, but the snow one was the first to pop into mind.
Step 3: ???

I'm not sure why among my first thought amounted to:

Step 1: Create Seal to emit paperwork intent.
Step 2: Sneak copies into the paperwork of others, preferably triggered somehow like if their nearly done...
-Sub A: Not sure why, but the snow one was the first to pop into mind.
Step 3: ???
If such a seal could be created it would certainly be an effective way to cause any high-level ninja to go berserk on demand.

I'm not entirely sure that is in fact a thing that anyone would actually ever want to do, but it's there...

@Neruz I'm pretty sure anyone who's had to deal with lots of paperwork would have one of two reactions to getting blasted with the feeling of drowning under an ocean of the stuff, either run like hell in the opposite direction or burn it all to the ground. Orochimaru's reaction shows that he's not TRUE Kage material, after all I'd think that any TRUE Kage no longer has a flight reaction, only fight (or burn it all and damn the consequences all while cackling madly anyway).

@Neruz I'm pretty sure anyone who's had to deal with lots of paperwork would have one of two reactions to getting blasted with the feeling of drowning under an ocean of the stuff, either run like hell in the opposite direction or burn it all to the ground. Orochimaru's reaction shows that he's not TRUE Kage material, after all I'd think that any TRUE Kage no longer has a flight reaction, only fight (or burn it all and damn the consequences all while cackling madly anyway).
Eh, flight reaction is just as important as fight reaction imo: A Kage needs to be able to quickly and effectively tell the difference between when it is correct to push harder and when it is correct to cut your losses and retreat.

Shounen style 'never give up, never surrender, raargh!' methodology is fine at the tactical level, but at the strategic level it simply does not work. (See Russia's current invasion of Ukraine as an example of this.)

Shounen style 'never give up, never surrender, raargh!' methodology is fine at the tactical level, but at the strategic level it simply does not work. (See Russia's current invasion of Ukraine as an example of this.)
It doesn't work on the tactical level either. I've got a half-dozen scenarios off the top of my head where attempting it just adds another body to the pile: yours. With nothing to show for the effort.

It doesn't work on the tactical level either. I've got a half-dozen scenarios off the top of my head where attempting it just adds another body to the pile: yours. With nothing to show for the effort.
It does when magic exists and Shounen-style never giving up equals a measurable increase in magical power.

Last edited:
Back