Tome of the Orange Sky (Naruto/MGLN)

Looks like they found the mystery sabotage expert/bomber? Interesting. I suspect there'll be an assassination mission going out as soon as they report back.

CmptrTz said:
"I don't think you could've gotten them down to under fifteen seconds between switching between storage and retrieval. A proper bidirectional system could handle both at the same time."

"...bidirectional isn't just 'can go both directions'?"
"My preference is one that can go both directions at the same time instead of one that you have to switch modes for."

"Ooooh...I think I misunderstood that entire concept..."
The terms they're looking for here (though which may well not have been invented, in the Elemental Nations, at this point) are Full vs Half Duplex...

Had a weird thought while reading that B was also currently merging with his Bijuu. Given that Gyuuki's seeming defining trait is the tentacles (well, could be bull horns, but the tentacles are rather more obvious), and B's sword style...is B going to be able to wield his swords without looking like he's trying to be Sonic, or is he going to increase the number of swords involved?

Crazy idea incoming.

Taylor Hebert has received a Device.

Naruto Uzumaki has received a Device.

But what if Shinji Ikari received a Device?
Hmm…

Evangelion Unit-01 receives a device, right when Shinji loses control and it would (in canon) go berserk and attack Sachiel. NERV come to the conclusion that "glowing, twirling, and gaining a tutu & magic wand" is normal EVA behaviour, and are frantically trying to work out how to make Unit-00 and Unit-02 enter "overdrive mode" too.

After all, a Barrier Jacket is just a fancy AT-field, right? (Wrong)

This is just one of those fics where I wait in anticipation for the next and it meets being quite entertaining.

So it seems the Akatsuki is under the impression of there being Uzu shinobi who put the tailed beast in time. Meanwhile Orochimaru has some better ideal.

Was also the inspection of the rebuilt tower. Plus possible future of other places being rebuilt....Wonder if Naruto could top things by turning one room under the Academy into something like winter tundra fit for Antarctica.

Also Naruto framed Iwa and made things burn. So Iwa might have some interesting time ahead. Though from the sound of it, it seems Naruto also took the items from the scroll in the Daughter's room....So would that then mean an impression of the Iwa shinobi taking those as well?

Just the whole Iwa shinobi breaking in, setting fire to the building, then stealing items from failed seals one of which wasn't even with the others and was just clothes and makeup....Kinda wonder how Iwa would explain that...

Doing the secret job before you even arrive is a great way to avoid suspicion.
Doubly so when you can frame someone else for it!
Looks like they found the mystery sabotage expert/bomber? Interesting. I suspect there'll be an assassination mission going out as soon as they report back.
They found the explosive tags. Doesn't mean they've figured out who put the lines of the things all throughout the village.
Where's the beef word?
Zetsu has no gender (and if Zetsu had a gender, I'd actually lean towards feminine pronouns, being Kaguya's will).
im surprised that you had to separate those and am now curious
...they had to know how to put the seals on the wall somehow, and if you think they could open Uzu marked items...
Also Naruto framed Iwa and made things burn. So Iwa might have some interesting time ahead. Though from the sound of it, it seems Naruto also took the items from the scroll in the Daughter's room....So would that then mean an impression of the Iwa shinobi taking those as well?

Just the whole Iwa shinobi breaking in, setting fire to the building, then stealing items from failed seals one of which wasn't even with the others and was just clothes and makeup....Kinda wonder how Iwa would explain that...
Nobody is going to be expecting the "Iwa shinobi" to have found a thing, or to know that the seals had been emptied. Burning the house down destroyed the (already-damaged by Naruto anyway) seals, so they no longer exist to be checked, and any lack of contents in them is now impossible to confirm.

AKA, as far as the one robbed is concerned, the robbery didn't happen, but the fire destroyed it all anyway.

Nobody is going to be expecting the "Iwa shinobi" to have found a thing, or to know that the seals had been emptied. Burning the house down destroyed the (already-damaged by Naruto anyway) seals, so they no longer exist to be checked, and any lack of contents in them is now impossible to confirm.

AKA, as far as the one robbed is concerned, the robbery didn't happen, but the fire destroyed it all anyway.
So storage seal when they fail cause there contents to vanish into nothing? Or are they assume they broke during the fire and ejected into the fire? The mention of damaging the seal implies the first but also raises interesting question about the limits of storage seal. Could you use a deliberately damaged seal to destroy evidence or a body? And if you can seal someone even briefly can you use it to instant kill them.

Hmm…

Evangelion Unit-01 receives a device, right when Shinji loses control and it would (in canon) go berserk and attack Sachiel. NERV come to the conclusion that "glowing, twirling, and gaining a tutu & magic wand" is normal EVA behaviour, and are frantically trying to work out how to make Unit-00 and Unit-02 enter "overdrive mode" too.

After all, a Barrier Jacket is just a fancy AT-field, right? (Wrong)

Skysaber already did something similar, they all upgraded from one type of EVA to another by eating the flesh of defeated angels and being piloted by Magic Girls.

I like the idea of Shinji gaining a device a year before his father calls for him, preferably when he's into watching some anime about mad science.

Last edited:
So storage seal when they fail cause there contents to vanish into nothing? Or are they assume they broke during the fire and ejected into the fire? The mention of damaging the seal implies the first but also raises interesting question about the limits of storage seal. Could you use a deliberately damaged seal to destroy evidence or a body? And if you can seal someone even briefly can you use it to instant kill them.
Seals are weird enough that anyone who is not a seal master can't be certain that of how they would react outside planned parameters

So basically no body knows what's gonna happen if you destroy a seal, unless the seal master that made them is near no body is gonna know

If the seals are burned and no clue of the contents is around that means that the content just disappeared

"Clothing," Yugao chimed in. "Swapping Anbu outfits for civilian outfits, for example. Your genin could possibly use one built into a seal tag attached to a collar to quickly store and retrieve their clothing when shapeshifting. Akimichi would probably love it if they could literally call food to their hands too, for that matter."

One story I read had Chouji using a seal to move food from inside a potato chip bag directly into his mouth, and let him eat them completely silently. The Akimichi take their food seals seriously.

I remember seeing that in a fic but don't know if it's in canon.

Danzo had a suicide seal on his body that intentionally sealed his body and anything nearby, then destroyed the seal so it was all non recoverable.
canon, Danzo has an implosion/blackhole style seal that triggers on death called Reverse Four symbols sealing.
naruto.fandom.com

Reverse Four Symbols Sealing

The Reverse Four Symbols Sealing is a powerful fūinjutsu activated upon the user's death. The user must, beforehand, place the seal across their chest. Upon activation, it releases four symbols from the user's own blood that then forms a large, black sphere around them. Anything caught inside...

Crazy idea incoming.

Taylor Hebert has received a Device.

Naruto Uzumaki has received a Device.

But what if Shinji Ikari received a Device?
What about Tanya--- The Devil Of The Rhine???
Would really annoy that Q like being, nea?
See it using that Type 95 computation core as part of it's repair efforts.

I always see it as a unstabile flying wing with no Fly-By-Wire and a electrical outlet that constantly has a different output of energy, making it hard to do a AC/DC conversion on the fly, without burning things up or so.
Think "Izeta---The Last Witch", here, in terms of mana fields generated in the world.
"Strike Witches" is also a fun setting as well.
And with Dimensional Travel, potdntially on the table...

Do hope that what ever happens, these lost devices can atleast get into contact with each other, even if they are too far away from each other, for anything else.
Even if it's just in some Omakes, you know.
It would sooo fit the TSAB thinking about the REAL origin of *The Hidden Kingdom*, it's not even funny.
Conformation.
Would also neatly tie in El/Al Hazard, you know.

And if it escalates, add in their own made version of Stargates, in order to bridge the gap between them.
Really CmptrWz, you could potentially make a whole overaching plot that could tie them all together, if done just right.
So start thinking, you might be able to upscale things a bit more then you originally planned to do.

As a tribble, what happens if Sasori and all his puppets, where made to hold that book?
Do hope Naruto gets Crystal Release, way to usefull in terms of crystal computers and say light based storage of information, like say, seal arrays...
Think solid state light processing diamond computers with intergrated solar panels, wind vibration turbines and even LCD touch screens, as your house it's main big (front) livingroom window.
Just to give a theoretical application, apply this to a Star Trek Warpcore and you can even add in the shield generators, so now you know why Star Trek Warpcores are see-true, with moving lights.
It's a computer that uses light processing for the shield calculations and so on.
Thus not really see true, at all.

Last edited:
human puppet is apparently considered to be 'cursed' due to how hard it is to control. I thought you might like the challenge."

Naruto frowned as he looked down at the scroll. Technically he'd not pulled out the puppets, just read the labels next to the seals. "Cursed?"

"Nobody was able to explain more."
Calling it now, it was made by someone from Uzushiogakure, or is someone from the same. It would fit with two of the seven swords of the Seven Swordsmen once being human.
What about Tanya--- The Devil Of The Rhine???
Would really annoy that Q like being, nea?
See it using that Type 95 computation core as part of it's repair efforts.
From my understanding that is essentially taking the origin of Yojo Senki, and making another device eat hers.

Last edited:
From my understanding that is essentially taking the origin of Yojo Senki, and making another device eat hers.
True, but the Type 95 required her to pray and used this to brainwash her, while using it like that.
Making her hate to use the damned thing.
Being X's character is really shown, there.
A Q like being, but with the worst personality possible.

Thus one of his plans to be destroyed like that, thanks to....Murvy(?)....
Kinda ironic, nea?

Back