The Thunder of Coins - [Warbirds-system OOC]

No Mavis, you can't sweet talk the lock into opening, but sweat equity helps!

Edit: Mavis, the cheerleader!

Help (Athletics): 6 (d6) + 0 (Body) + 1 (Athletics) = 7

+1 on checks to everyone trying to pop the lock.
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Help (Athletics) Total: 6
6 6

Last edited:
When all else fails, kick it.

1+1 (Body)+ 2 (Athletics)=5 with the Help from Mavis. Spending 2 Reserve to bump the roll up to a 7.
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Athletics Total: 1
1 1

Last edited:
I know the fluff text is a bit short and disappointing on my part, but I think the three of you will make a better finish to this scene via interaction. Thus your rewards, if you think they are unfair or unsuited to your actions, don't hesitate to write me~
Reserve gets filled up again and what damage you have taken as character can be seen as healed or at least bound up well enough not to be an issue for now.

Rolling dogfighting and gunnery in the head-to-head against Amaryllis - One.

Dogfighting: 2+5=7

Gunnery: 3+3=6
Damage: HMGs Lead: +2
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfighting +5 Total: 2
2 2
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +3 Total: 3
3 3

Last edited:
Once more into the breach!

Dogfighting: 6 (d6) + 1 (SA) + 2 (Piloting Skill) + 3 (Performance) + 1 (Trait Bonus) = 13

Gunnery vs. Amaryllis Two Arrowhead Six: 3 (d6) + 1 (SA) + 1 (Gunnery Skill) + 1 (Accuracy) + 0 (Trait Bonus) = 6
Damage: Lead +2 (Heavy Machine Guns) [High Velocity Shells]​

Edit: Changed Target to Arrowhead Six.
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfight Roll Total: 6
6 6
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery Roll vs. Amaryllis 2 Total: 3
3 3

Last edited:
Attacking Arrowhead Three.

Dogfighting: d6 (6) + SA (+1) + Piloting (+1) + Performance (+3) = 11

Please ignore the second die under Dogfighting. I hit the "Throw another dice" by accident.

Gunnery: d6 (2) + SA (+1) + Gunnery (+1) + Accuracy (+1) = 5
Damage: Lead +2 (HMGs)
Dariusprime threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfighting +5 Total: 11
6 6 5 5
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +3 Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
@Vagabond422 - @Dariusprime - @Semi-Autogyro : First of all I hope you are all having some restful vacation days and/or a lovely Christmas (aka. I hope you are finished with whatever preparations you needed and not in last minute rushes). With the nice part out of the day, I do fear we can't do the head on attacks right now, as multiple plans are involved, we are going with the rules that state that everyone involves rolls for Dogfighting and we then proceed in the way that those with the higher rolls act first and can only shoot at those will lower rolls than them. In this case that means: poor Alberta: thus I think its prudent that everyone gets a chance to change targets once more.

Songbird – 13
Stitch – 11
Arrivehead Six - 10
Arrowhead Four - 10
Ironjaw - 7
Arrowhead Five - 7
Amaryllis Two - 7
Amaryllis One - 4
Arrowhead Three - 4

Okay, Mavis picks a new target. She's going after the wounded Arrowhead Four Arrowhead Five.

Dogfighting Roll vs. Arrowhead Four Five: 4 (d6) + 1 (SA) + 2 (Piloting Skill) + 3 (Performance) + 1 (Trait Bonus) = 11

Gunnery vs. Arrowhead Four Five: 2 (d6) + 1 (SA) + 1 (Gunnery Skill) + 1 (Accuracy) + 0 (Trait Bonus) + 1 (Reserve) = 6
Damage: Lead +2 (Heavy Machine Guns) [High Velocity Shells]

Edit: Changing targets after talking to Simpli. Also spending 1 point of Reserve and bumping up the Gunnery Roll by 1.
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfight Roll Total: 4
4 4
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery Roll vs. Arrowhead 4 Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
Stitch will target Arrowhead Three.

Dogfighting: d6 (4) + SA (+1) + Piloting (+1) + Performance (+3) = 9

Gunnery: d6 (3) + SA (+1) + Gunnery (+1) + Accuracy (+1) = 6
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfighting +5 Total: 4
4 4
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +3 Total: 3
3 3

Last edited:
Rolling dogfighting

1 (d6) + 1 (SA) + 1 (Piloting Skill) + 3 (Performance) - 1 (Damage) = 5
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfighting Total: 1
1 1

Last edited:
Congratulations: The enemy fumbled just as terrible as Ironjaw - you successfully ambushed the gliders and now have free choice of targets. whose Defense equals their Performance now. If you can shoot down 50% of the Gliders, they will have to do a roll to see if they stay in the fight or scatter and flee.

Are you ready guys? Put ya guns on!

Mavis is going to target whichever target is in the lead position, since they all have the same performance. I'll let you pick whichever one is the unlucky winner to receive their prize: all the lead they can eat!

Gunnery vs. Enemy Lead Glider: 6 (d6) + 1 (SA) + 1 (Gunnery Skill) + 1 (Accuracy) = 9

Edit: What the hell, I'll spend a Reserve Point to add some flair to the results if it will help with them scattering.
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery vs. Lead Glider Total: 6
6 6

Last edited:
Ready here!

Okay, Dawson will go for the last glider in the group since Mavis is hitting the lead. Should throw them into confusion! I'll assume the last glider is Arrowhead Six, but I look forward to seeing the outcome regardless of the target!

Gunnery vs Rear Glider: d6 (2) + SA (+1) + Gunnery (+1) + Accuracy (+1) + Reserve (+3+1) = 6

Boo! I will spend a reserve for +3 to that roll! That's better. :)

Okay, Semi noted the +1 per Reserve mechanic. So I will only spend one Reserve. Still a respectable 6 total!
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +3 vs Rear Glider Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
Attacking the middle of the formation just to spread as much fear as possible. And that is my 3rd 1 in a row...Al just can't catch a break. Spending Three Reserve to make sure I nail this glider. Going to have to get creative if they don't scatter.

Gunnery vs Middle Glider: d6 (1) + SA (+1) + Gunnery (+1) + Accuracy (+1) + Damage (-1) + Reserve (+3) = 6
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +2 Total: 1
1 1

Last edited:
Dogfighting Roll vs. Arrowhead Three: 6 (d6) + 1 (SA) + 2 (Piloting Skill) + 3 (Performance) + 1 (Trait Bonus) = 13

Gunnery vs. Arrowhead Three: 3 (d6) + 1 (SA) + 1 (Gunnery Skill) + 1 (Accuracy) + 0 (Trait Bonus) = 6
Damage: Lead +2 (Heavy Machine Guns) [High Velocity Shells]
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfight Roll Total: 6
6 6
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery Roll Total: 3
3 3

Last edited:
Alright, roller, don't fail me now! Dawson is back in his element!

He is targeting Pod One's parachutes.

Approach: d6 (3) + SA (+1) + Strafing (+2) + Performance (+3) = 9 Not bad. Not bad!

Gunnery: d6 (3) + SA (+1) + Gunnery (+1) + Accuracy (+1) = 6 Steady and solid. I dig it.
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Strafing Run +6 Total: 3
3 3
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +3 on Pod 1 Total: 3
3 3

Last edited:
Back