The Thunder of Coins - [Warbirds-system OOC]

Last pass with her 40s. Aiming for the last gun emplacement with the machine guns, lets see if this goes any better than last time.

Approach: 6+6=12 (Another perfect approach)

Gunnery: 3+5=8 (Hits and Destroys the last gun emplacement)

Ordnance: 1+2=3 (That's a miss on her 40mm and she is dry on ammo for it.)

EDIT: Changing Gunnery target to Engines after clarification from the GM. The Gun Emplacements were all destroyed.
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach +6 Total: 6
6 6
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +3 Total: 5
5 5
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Ordnance +1 Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
Ok, let us finish off this airship!

Dawson will join Al on the engine attack run.

Approach: 6 + 2 roll = 8. You never know what they have hiding...

Gunnery: 3 + 6 roll = 9. A good, solid hit with the HMGs (+2 Lead).

Thank you, Simpli!
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach Total: 2
2 2
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery Total: 6
6 6

Last edited:
Keep on Keepin' on Gamma.

Dogfight: 5 + 7 = 12 (I'm all over him like a clingy ex-girlfriend.)

Gunnery: 6 +2 = 8, 1 + 2 = 3 (One solid hit, one soaked by armor)

Thanks, Simpli!
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfighting Roll, +7 Total: 5
5 5
Semi-Autogyro threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery Roll, +2 Total: 7
6 6 1 1

Last edited:
Mhh~ Not sure how to ask it @Kensai - but do you think you are going to be well enough in the near future to post something in the IC Thread~ ^^

Mhh~ Not sure how to ask it @Kensai - but do you think you are going to be well enough in the near future to post something in the IC Thread~ ^^

I'll try. Sorry but it's been a week of gastric flu for everyone, so having to deal with the kids being sick, a truckload of laundry, on top of being sick ourselves - and still having to concentrate for detail work: I've been proofreading a publication about the Swedish royal family, so there are a lot of eyes on it and zero room for errors.

@Vagabond422 @Gideon020 @Semi-Autogyro @Dariusprime and @Kensai : Congratulations on surviving your fist air battle - I hope it wasn't too easy for everyone involved. I have written down your fist Group Reward in the IC Chat - but I would offer that we establish a Standalone reward - thus you get to vote after each mission for the most distinguished pilot of it, who will get 1 or two extra XP to freely allocate. Would you like to do that or is that too much of a popularity contest? Then we can stay with only the group reward.

Thank you, Simpli. The battle was very fun! Great introduction to air battle system and game.

As for the Standalone reward, I will have to deliberate for a bit. I'll get back with you.

:D I'm having a blast and I agree that was a handy way to introduce the airborne rules!

As for the standalone reward...I've never been the one to like piecemeal rewards. Especially one dependent on die rolls. if it was based on total mission success, that would be a lot easier for me to enjoy.

That way, even if we squeak a victory by but still were impressive you could give that +1/2 to the squad as a whole or if we totally botched things get no bonus xp. But that's my two cents.

I'll work on a post tomorrow, I've been getting slammed at work recently.

Last edited:
So~ Visitors are away and I can return to updating actions and rolling for the random reaction of the paratroopers and the trouble a certain colorful songbird got herself into all over the ship - while the person she wanted to evade got a scope on it. Do you want a few more days to wrap up your IC interaction?

Do you want a few more days to wrap up your IC interaction?
Why am I imagining Al getting into a spar with one of the Paratroopers? And oh my what trouble is Mavis getting herself into? I'm fine with taking a few days for Al to get to know her wing a little better. Might track down Bishop next and have a conversation.

Sure. Due to a crazy work work week/holiday weekend I haven't had much time to get in a response to Al. As for the rolls, I eagerly await the fallout/results of Mavis' tendency to flit from place to place while being her social maverick self!

Interesting premise. A dieselpunk world war sounds fun.

Is there any German equivalent?

I will try to write the briefing on Saturday - so you still have till the weekend to add your pre-briefing posturing~

Back online! Thank you for your patience. What a mess.

I will be posting IC shortly.

Edit: Not the longest IC post, but I'm good to go on my end.

Last edited:
Back