The Thunder of Coins - [Warbirds-system OOC]

So @Kensai , @Dariusprime , @Gideon020 , @Semi-Autogyro and @Vagabond422 - have an battle intro. I hope it is setting the mood sufficiently. You are now an enlarged wing and have a moment to introduce yourself to one another and take off, my next post will be the list of targets ^-^

And thank you for your interest @Sushi with 5 players we are at my maximum right now, but you are welcome to put up a profile on the waiting list or I can just poke you when someone either explodes, gets torn apart by bullets, eaten by sea monsters, gets their blood sucked out or decides to become a movie star full-time~

So @Kensai , @Dariusprime , @Gideon020 , @Semi-Autogyro and @Vagabond422 - have an battle intro. I hope it is setting the mood sufficiently. You are now an enlarged wing and have a moment to introduce yourself to one another and take off, my next post will be the list of targets ^-^

And thank you for your interest @Sushi with 5 players we are at my maximum right now, but you are welcome to put up a profile on the waiting list or I can just poke you when someone either explodes, gets torn apart by bullets, eaten by sea monsters, gets their blood sucked out or decides to become a movie star full-time~
I was having trouble making a good looking profile and making sure I understood chargen anyway, it'd take some time before I'd be ready and good to go.

Coming from the Discord, Mavis is declaring a head-to-head showdown with Warbird Gamma.

She's going to open up with Rocket Salvo (Gunnery +2) if the enemy does the head to head.

Here's my Dogfighting and roll if it does not go into a head to head, with Mavis having a +7.

Edit: +13 On the Dogfighting, +4 & +5 on the Gunnery rolls. I'll get an IC post up as soon as I know what her opponent does!

Edit 2: Changed Ordinance to Gunnery Roll.
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfighting Roll Total: 6
6 6
Semi-Autogyro threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Ordinance HtH Roll Total: 5
2 2 3 3

Last edited:
She's going to open up with Rocket Salvo (Ordinance +2) if the enemy does the head to head.

Please keep in mind that Heavy Weapons, like rockets, are designed to take out fortified enemy positions, trains or air/warships. Using them against another warbird is unlikely to score a hit and you only got a limited amount of ammo for them too.

Al is going to sweep in and try to take out a one of the gun emplacements with her HMG and do some damage with her 40mm (If I'm reading the rules right.)

Approach: 6+4=10 which meets the threat of the target so she suffers no incoming fire.

Gunnery: 3+1=4 Miss on the gun emplacements

Ordnance: 6+1= 7 beats the Defense by 3 (Damage Lead +7 With AP 3 so I think I deal 3 structure damage.)
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach +6 Total: 4
4 4
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +3 Total: 1
1 1
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Ordinance +1 Total: 6
6 6

Last edited:
Okay, let's see what I can do here. Still working out the rule details myself. And the dice roller.

Dawson will follow after Al and focus fire on the same gun emplacement with his HMGs.

Approach: 6 + 3 roll = 9. Looks like he'll take some fire.

Gunnery: 3 + 3 roll = 6. Looks like a hit on the gun emplacement. I realized after posting that Al likely destroyed the gun on her run, but I declared it. Dawson is a rookie after all. ;)

Anyway his HMGs are +2, which if I'm reading right will transfer to the main structure. Not sure how the Armor will affect it. Please let me know if I made any mistakes. Thanks!
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach Total: 3
3 3
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery Total: 3
3 3

Last edited:
Gunnery: 3 + 3 roll = 6. Looks like a hit on the gun emplacement. I realized after posting that Al likely destroyed the gun on her run, but I declared it. Dawson is a rookie after all. ;)
Al missed her attack on the gun emplacement, Ordinance (Her 40mm) doesn't hit components, just a random place on the Airship. Even if she did hit there are 4 gun emplacements, so you would have still have a target to shoot at. You hit the emplacement, and knocked it out good job.

Al missed her attack on the gun emplacement, Ordinance (Her 40mm) doesn't hit components, just a random place on the Airship. Even if she did hit there are 4 gun emplacements, so you would have still have a target to shoot at. You hit the emplacement, and knocked it out good job.

Excellent. Thank you very much for the correction.

Al's cannons landed a solid hit as well! Let's keep up the pressure.

All right, just in case that airship tries to launch reinforcement fighters, Mork is going to strafe one of the flight decks with his Mikoyan's guns to prevent anyone taking off and most importantly stop anyone from landing.

Approach Roll Result: 6

MG Fire Result: 4

Cannon Fire Result: 4

Conclusion: Looks like I scratched the paint! ^_^;
Gideon020 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach +5 Total: 1
1 1
Gideon020 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +1 Total: 3
3 3
Gideon020 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Ordnance -1 Total: 5
5 5

Last edited:
Sorry, sick kid and work picking up.

Bishop will try to get position on the enemy fighters.
Kensai threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach Total: 4
4 4

Al's going to sweep in and try to take out the main battery, it's the softest target and her gunnery isn't quiet up to snuff to hit the engines or the core. Going for a sure thing. We'll see if her luck holds with her 40's

Approach: 6+6=12 (I think I smoke the threat)

Gunnery: 3+1=4 (I beat the defense of the battery but, fail to breach armor. Just not Al's day for her guns.)

Ordinance: 1+6 (Another hard hit from her 40mm doing a Lead +8 or +7 depending on the Subsystem with AP 3.)
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach +6 Total: 6
6 6
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +3 Total: 1
1 1
Vagabond422 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Ordinance +1 Total: 6
6 6

Last edited:
Following bandit Gamma and starting a dogfight, which Mavis has a +7 to her roll.

EDIT: Total of an 11 on the Dogfighting roll.

EDIT 2: After being informed by @Simpli that I won the Dogfight Roll I am electing to shoot with Mavis' LMGs = 2 attacks with a +2 to each. Total of a 4 and a 5 on the Gunnery Roll.
Semi-Autogyro threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Dogfighting Roll, +7 Total: 4
4 4
Semi-Autogyro threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery Roll, +2 Total: 5
2 2 3 3

Last edited:
Okay, let's see what I can do here. Still working out the rule details myself. And the dice roller. Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

Dawson will follow after Al and focus fire on the same gun emplacement with his HMGs.

Approach: 6 + 3 roll = 9. Looks like he'll take some fire.

Anyway his HMGs are +2, which if I'm reading right will transfer to the main structure. Not sure how the Armor will affect it. Please let me know if I made any mistakes. Thanks!
thank you very cool

Last edited:
Welcome back, Simpli. I hope you are feeling better!

Stitch will attack the last gun emplacement with his HMGs.

Approach: 6 + 6 roll = 12. Stitch evaded nicely as well.

Gunnery: 3 + 2 roll = 5. But lacked a little accuracy.

Thanks!
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach Total: 6
6 6
Dariusprime threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery Total: 2
2 2

Last edited:
Rebeka's going to open fire. Two shots with LMGs.

EDIT: Heh. One roll of 9 and another of 4. We can fluff that as walking the rounds onto the target, I guess. Should be one pretty decent hit though.
Kensai threw 2 6-faced dice. Reason: Guns guns guns, +3 Total: 7
6 6 1 1

Last edited:
Going in with guns and cannon for another strafing run.

Approach: 6
Gunnery: 2
Ordnance: 3
Gideon020 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Approach +5 Total: 1
1 1
Gideon020 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Gunnery +1 Total: 1
1 1
Gideon020 threw 1 6-faced dice. Reason: Ordnance -1 Total: 4
4 4

Last edited:
Back