The Miserable Misadventures of Mayor Missy

So you basically are stating that while forced prostitution was a part of the ABB business model (on an undetermined (though likely significant?) scale, you think many people take the idea too far?
Basically. Also the quote presented doesn't actually work as a cite for any forced prostitution, although it's logical to assume there was some.

How so? I would say the quote heavily implies forced prostitution at the very least- at least forced in the sense of "fight people or f*** people, your choice," for people who can't pay.

I was surprised to see this trending in new posts, but i don't see a new chapter. is this convo (which I haven't read except on this page) relevant to the story? :drevil:

On an even more derailing note, campaign slogan ideas?
Make Brockton Bay Great Again!
Repeal discriminatory anti-parahuman laws!
Of course the gangz are bad.
"Trust me, she's old enough to be mayor."
Brockton Bay Times said:
Wards say: Vote for Missy Biron as your new mayor, Clockblocker tells the Times, see page 2 for details

^Since this may be a derail, I'll limit myself to this final post.
I believe that if the ABB threatened five hundred people, the ABB would have to follow through on its threats every time the ABB was defied, otherwise the gang risks people holding its threat in contempt due to a lack of follow through. Moreover, if you are using threats to gain a fighting force and an income, the gang isn't going to say "go about your day, I'll get my money/ s**/ gunmen elsewhere, since you've said no." That just breaks the whole business model.
tl;dr- Barring some sort of (unsubstantiated) ritual threat of some sort, I can't see the ABB not following through on threats.

I was surprised to see this trending in new posts, but i don't see a new chapter. is this convo (which I haven't read except on this page) relevant to the story? :drevil:

Not really... it seems we're *still* stuck on responding to this wild assertion / inflammatory post:

....welll shit i bet missy will hate herself when she realises that kenta is lung and when he was saying " I even have many young women working in my establishments" he meant his rape farms where he prostitutes young american children for petty cash

its the thing that pisses me off about the worm fandom saying that lung is some honorable warrior type, he isnt he is a yakuza thug that got lucky to have a powerfull ability and the help of couldron who want to use him for his powers

And followups that pointed out the "honorable warrior" meme was backlash against the "rape farms" meme.

Incidentally, on this note I've been very much enjoying You Needed Opponents With Gravitas (Redux) Crossover in which the author has this nice take on the topic (and followup discussion):

Lung, the ABB, and the trafficking and sex workers in particular are one of the big scenes coming up in 2.7! Not least of which because the Worm claim… let's be generous to Wildbow and call it a Brockton Bay urban rumor that the ABB just snatches our white women off the streets is… some racist propagandistic bullshit right out of 1800s California.

As for new story posts, AFAIK the co-author @Blackmarch isn't currently in contact with @RavensDagger and there is no word on when the story might pick up again.

And of course, no "The OP, @RavensDagger replied with X.Y k words to the thread [...]" means no update is likely here.

I saw no other way to ASK that question in a PUBLIC way (as opposed to "silently" PMing the author).
I believe that the usual option is a profile post, but I'm not sure of the context.

If, as appears likely, the context was some other thread (and said other thread is not locked), you could also have posted in that other thread, even if it was much older; SV has no range limit on necros.

I for one am ok with this, i kinda forgot about this fic and got read it. Had me smiling from start to finish.
As i maybe once heard in a place i dont remember: nothing is so bad that nothing good comes of it.

Back