You got them because of TWoA but they're independent skills of their own. They won't be affected if TWoA is no longer Rank 6.

Nice. I still don't think a respec is the best course of action just yet. We'd just have to buy another one down the line. So we should try to rush to 100 ASAP and then buy the respec.

We just have to keep in mind all the skills we unlock/can unlock and remember how many stat points we have that are preassigned, like how we combined the unarmed fighting skill with another fighting skill to make TWoA and how that one book from Gacha gave us stat boosts.

Might actually be something to do this weekend if I'm bored. Going back over the updates and getting an idea for how many skill and stat points we've gotten so far.

Well since I want Way of Asura to be rank 6 I might as well toss out an idea. Maybe have Wu Xing Elements have a special bonus for each merge? Something like defensive stance getting a bonus to resisting all the elements and so on.

Other than that I ain't got any ideas for a normal merge without Wu Xing.

Well since I want Way of Asura to be rank 6 I might as well toss out an idea. Maybe have Wu Xing Elements have a special bonus for each merge? Something like defensive stance getting a bonus to resisting all the elements and so on.

Other than that I ain't got any ideas for a normal merge without Wu Xing.

Instinctive use of the counter element to limit damage/increase defence once it's merged in?

Let's confirm something here to be absolutely sure.

@Terran Imperium Can we unlock totally new (better) abilities by doing a respec at level 100?

@Terran Imperium Can we unlock totally new (better) abilities by doing a respec now, and then leveling up and unlocking any new abilities that were revealed (by old abilities merging or getting to rank 5)?

I was assuming the first point is false, and the second is true. However, multiple people are presenting an idea to only do respecs at level 100, or only to do one respec in the first place. That's why I wanted a clarification on this, as I don't think it has been explicitly asked.

@Captain Spatula While respeccing, we can't choose abilities we have not previously unlocked. That has been confirmed by Terran ages ago. Moreover, that is a crucial fact, and our every leveling plan has been heavily influenced by this concept for over twenty levels! It is a huge factor in making plans!

While actually reading the most crucial author's notes is the best, being ignorant about confirmed facts is still fine. In that case one can always look to more diligent voters for ideas and help. Repeating questions already answered by Terran before is also understandable, and a way to get in.

However, being ignorant and at the same time saying things like "I think it's probably like this", completely passing by multiple paragraphs of analysis, author confirmation, and argumentation done by more diligent voters, somehow rankles. It's perfectly fine to disagree, but that usually requires one to actually have good arguments for it. Actually reading both the opposing side's points and the subject matter's relevant facts would also help.

I'm not saying all voters don't make false assumptions and thus get wrong conclusions. At least I do that all the time. I'm just saying that if someone wants to disagree with a matter of which a lot has been written already, at least they should catch one of those false assumptions and not just ignore all the other voters' previous work.

TL;DR
Questions for Terran, and exasperated complaints about other voters just blatantly ignoring a lot of careful analysis while making their own points based on arguments already confirmed to be false by the author.

Last edited:
Let's confirm something here to be absolutely sure.

@Terran Imperium Can we unlock totally new (better) abilities by doing a respec at level 100?

@Terran Imperium Can we unlock totally new (better) abilities by doing a respec now, and then leveling up and unlocking any new abilities that were revealed (by old abilities merging or getting to rank 5)?

I was assuming the first point is false, and the second is true. However, multiple people are presenting an idea to only do respecs at level 100, or only to do one respec in the first place. That's why I wanted a clarification on this, as I don't think it has been explicitly asked.
What do you mean by unlock? As in getting new abilities at level 100? Not really no. You only get new abilities once you level up and the cap for levels is 100.

I'm not sure I understand the question, to be honest. If you mean that after the respec if you can still get abilities after leveling up, then yes. Respecing doesn't lower your level. It is merely a reallocation of Ability Points and Stat Points.

What do you mean by unlock? As in getting new abilities at level 100? Not really no. You only get new abilities once you level up and the cap for levels is 100.

I'm not sure I understand the question, to be honest. If you mean that after the respec if you can still get abilities after leveling up, then yes. Respecing doesn't lower your level. It is merely a reallocation of Ability Points and Stat Points.

I think his first question is "If we respec at lvl 100 do we get additional abilities to choose from" or something along those lines. Second question I myself do not even vaguely understand. I guess it's asking if we can unlock completely new abilities by doing a respec now or if we have to do it at lvl 100.

I think his first question is "If we respec at lvl 100 do we get additional abilities to choose from" or something along those lines. Second question I myself do not even vaguely understand. I guess it's asking if we can unlock completely new abilities by doing a respec now or if we have to do it at lvl 100.
In both cases. The respec extends only to Abilities that were previously unlocked as in, you put at least one point in them regardless of when you did the respec. If you're not at the level cap of 100, after the respec, you'll just keep playing as normal, level up, stat points and new abilities.

Let me clarify:

'TWotA Defensive Form' is an ability that we didn't get in a normal way. We only got it as an option by synergising two other abilities to form TWotA. TWotA Defensive Form had amazing bonuses for its level, and it has the really good parent synergizing feature as well. Thus, I would classify TWotADF as a "hidden" ability; as an ability that is superior to other abilities of its level, but that can only be seen and made available by ranking up certain previous abilities first.

Now, my questions are the following:

1. Assume a hypothetical scenario where we are level 100, but we never formed TWotA, and never even saw or knew about TWotA Defensive Form. If we at that point respecced and put 5 ranks in the right synergizing abilities to make TWotA, can we then get TWotA Defensive Form as well?

2. Same scenario, but we are level 51. If we at that point respecced and put 5 ranks in the right abilities to make TWotA, can we at next level select TWotA Defensive Form?

This is my point. I suspect that the answer to the first question is a no. Even if we did 2 respecs in a row at level 100, we would be forever locked out of TWotA Defensive Form, if we didn't already have it.

However, I suspect that the answer to the second question might be right. Though the class might matter.

To be sure:
3. Same scenario and question as in 2, but let TWotA and its prerequisites be Monk Class abilities. Does anything change?

Last edited:
I think you have to keep in mind that this is a quest and every new combination and skill such has to be invented and balanced by Terran. Not an actual game where everything is already set in stone and you just fulfill the requirements as you go along. That's also why stuff like respecs and especially leveling back up from 1 is very work intensive and frankly annoying to deal with since you'd not only have to throw away all your established info but also balance challenges differently, think up new abilities to unlock, things to merge without making them over or underpowered, etc.

1. Assume a hypothetical scenario where we are level 100, but we never formed TWotA, and never even saw or knew about TWotA Defensive Form. If we at that point respecced and put 5 ranks in the right synergizing abilities to make TWotA, can we then get TWotA Defensive Form as well?
That's not possible, no.
2. Same scenario, but we are level 51. If we at that point respecced and put 5 ranks in the right abilities to make TWotA, can we at next level select TWotA Defensive Form?
You can.
3. Same scenario and question as in 2, but let TWotA and it's prerequisites be Monk Class abilities. Does anything change?
Nothing changes. In fact, TWotA is an ability that can only be obtained by Fighter and Monk classes.
TWotA is a name you choose for the ability as players. It is basically a blank ability that depending on a player's playstyle grows to be unique.

I think you have to keep in mind that this is a quest and every new combination and skill such has to be invented and balanced by Terran. Not an actual game where everything is already set in stone and you just fulfill the requirements as you go along. That's also why stuff like respecs and especially leveling back up from 1 is very work intensive and frankly annoying to deal with since you'd not only have to throw away all your established info but also balance challenges differently, think up new abilities to unlock, things to merge without making them over or underpowered, etc.
Whether Terran has already made the ability system beforehand or creates it as we go changes nothing about getting better abilities. If we only put 1 rank in every ability we can, we never get any hidden abilities. If we put max ranks in many abilities, the chances of hitting a synergy rise accordingly, even only with Terran reactively being "Oh, I think they should logically be getting something hidden and good with all that effort".

And the "respeccing is difficult for Terran" argument is as weird as ever. If Terran wouldn't want to do it, Terran wouldn't offer us the possibility to make it happen. That's it. Or do you think Terran is offering us a trap choice that we should avoid because it would make the author's mood go down and thus would negatively affect the quest? That would be the silliest mechanic ever, bar none.

Also, above Terran proved my point for me. I thought it was obvious before, but now it's there for all to see. We can only get hidden abilities before level 100.

-Hidden abilities are good
-Getting Hidden abilities is limited, and can't be done at level 100
-Respeccing helps getting hidden abilities a lot

Conclusion: Respeccing early is good. We should do it now.

See my points at the beginning of this vote cycle for more details and arguments, especially for the timing.

Edit: also thanks Terran for answering so many questions.

Last edited:
I think it should just add the two traits together so that we get +5 to attack and +10 to defense for each rank, and 11 ranks. :D
Also we should get a second special ability for having a rank 11 skill.
Alternately it creates a new rank 1 skill that gives +30 to attack and +55 to defense for each rank.
E: @Terran Imperium your mouse slipped, you meant to click the lightbulb next to the laughing guy.

Last edited:
@Captain Spatula While respeccing, we can't choose abilities we have not previously unlocked. That has been confirmed by Terran ages ago. Moreover, that is a crucial fact, and our every leveling plan has been heavily influenced by this concept for over twenty levels! It is a huge factor in making plans!

While actually reading the most crucial author's notes is the best, being ignorant about confirmed facts is still fine. In that case one can always look to more diligent voters for ideas and help. Repeating questions already answered by Terran before is also understandable, and a way to get in.

However, being ignorant and at the same time saying things like "I think it's probably like this", completely passing by multiple paragraphs of analysis, author confirmation, and argumentation done by more diligent voters, somehow rankles. It's perfectly fine to disagree, but that usually requires one to actually have good arguments for it. Actually reading both the opposing side's points and the subject matter's relevant facts would also help.

I'm not saying all voters don't make false assumptions and thus get wrong conclusions. At least I do that all the time. I'm just saying that if someone wants to disagree with a matter of which a lot has been written already, at least they should catch one of those false assumptions and not just ignore all the other voters' previous work.

TL;DR
Questions for Terran, and exasperated complaints about other voters just blatantly ignoring a lot of careful analysis while making their own points based on arguments already confirmed to be false by the author.

Or I can not and rely on helpful people like you pointing out where I was wrong.

So if this story gets far enough can the guild be summoned to the other world?
Of course, if you have a guild that is. You could get there alone.
Yes but lets be honest, I'm not sure if the update is progressing atm let alone by the time the game shuts down.
I'm having a pretty busy period right now. This is the latter half of my last year at high school. Highly stressful and I can't afford a posting schedule like the one I had before January.
As soon as I'm done with it, I'll get right back into writing full force in June.
The Quest isn't on an official hiatus as when I have some free time opening up, I could pop off an update or two meanwhile.

I'm having a pretty busy period right now. This is the latter half of my last year at high school. Highly stressful and I can't afford a posting schedule like the one I had before January.
As soon as I'm done with it, I'll get right back into writing full force in June.
The Quest isn't on an official hiatus as when I have some free time opening up, I could pop off an update or two meanwhile.
Thats totally understandable, thanks for illuminating us.
Its nice that you think life will get less busy after high school. :V

Back