What is perhaps the biggest thing is that Flexible Body sounds to me like the typical prerequisite ability that either unlocks other abilities down the line or combines with something to form a merged ability. Flexibility is just so central to the whole typical monk and Xianxia thing that I don't see it NOT leading to something down the line ESPECIALLY since it's an ability we can get right away at the start of the tree.
Yeah, I guess all the new abilities could lead up to something. I'm just really worried that if we take this monk class down the dodge road, we'll be left with a character that can't do anything else but dodge unnecessarily well. Too one dimensional, so to speak. The most elusive warrior to ever exhaust to an ensnare. The slipperiest soldier to succumb to an AoE spell. You get my point :). I might be wrong as well. It's hard to know with this game.

Edit: The roll bonus list in the character sheet hasn't been edited for a couple of updates I don't think, but our dodge has grown a lot since even that. It really is already in the realms of overkill. Continuing to focus on it just begs the question about when it is time to take other things.

Last edited:
What is perhaps the biggest thing is that Flexible Body sounds to me like the typical prerequisite ability that either unlocks other abilities down the line or combines with something to form a merged ability. Flexibility is just so central to the whole typical monk and Xianxia thing that I don't see it NOT leading to something down the line ESPECIALLY since it's an ability we can get right away at the start of the tree.

Mmm, not EXACTLY, theres the Hard Ki defense style, Parry style and Evade style.

The really funny part of Physical Ki Focus plan is how its actually building towards a more mystical ki mantle focus due to missing out Flexible body.

Yeah, I guess all the new abilities could lead up to something. I'm just really worried that if we take this monk class down the dodge road, we'll be left with a character that can't do anything else but dodge unnecessarily well. Too one dimensional, so to speak. The most elusive warrior to ever exhaust to an ensnare. The slipperiest soldier to succumb to an AoE spell. You get my point :). I might be wrong as well. It's hard to know with this game.
and its possibly boring which is the greatest sin of all. the grandmaster dodging ever blow meme would have to get old eventually

and its possibly boring which is the greatest sin of all. the grandmaster dodging ever blow meme would have to get old eventually
That is underestimating our unknown future opponents quite heavily I think :D. And the game system as well. I'd be careful before getting so arrogant as to think that we have to handicap ourselves to get a good fight. Edit: Or that being the world's best fighter is as easy as choosing every dodge skill ever.

@Terran Imperium Does merging abilities with their the starting ability give back the ability points allocated to derivative abilities, or to use an example would merging The Way of the Asura's Defensive Form with The Way of the Asura give back the ability points allocated to the former?
No, of course not. Once you merge two abilities, you're supposed to get a one-rank ability that has the potential to grow more powerful by a large margin than the two parent abilities at rank five. This is basically 15 AP investment or 15 levels investment so be careful.
This is at least how I understood it. Maybe @Terran Imperium can comment on how close this interpretation is to the truth?
That's true.
If thats the case we're not really building anything side from "uses fist" are we? Just grabbing every ability we can regardless of fit. Seems kinda boring.
Not really. I mean you can choose three different class trees. Once you respec, you can only blame yourself for taking three class trees that are fist-punching focused if you wanted something else.

This is something I can't really be swayed about. I need some permanency and consequences from your choices or it'll get more difficult for me as I go on the quest.
@Terran Imperium I was curious, are there 'secret' classes/abilities that one can learn from finding them in hidden locations/quests/achievments that are not otherwise available in the main system? That'd be a really cool thing to explore for/stumble across and really make her character stand out as unique and powerful which seems important to her.
Of course, yeah. You're barely starting out. You did like two important quests so far, one of them being the tutorial one. What surprises me the most is that you're not dead yet.
I might have to congratulate you guys if you don't die at all throughout the entire quest. That'll be really impressive. What saved you from normal early deaths players generally experience is your focus on dodging in the early game.

Actually, rethinking it we really do want Flexible Body

[X] GRIND AGAIN.
[X] Stats: 6 HP, 6 Physical Attack

[X] Plan Can't Touch This
-[X] Unlock 'Breath Control'
-[X] Unlock 'Heightened Combat Thinking'
-[X] Unlock 'Flexible Body'
-[X] Improve 'The Way of The Asura Defensive Form'

With the goal of fusing Flexible Body Heightened Combat Thinking and Way of Asura into one skill eventually. Its just too damn valuable for our build.

Last edited:
I might have to congratulate you guys if you don't die at all throughout the entire quest. That'll be really impressive. What saved you from normal early deaths players generally experience is your focus on dodging in the early game.
Clearly we're gonna unlock some kind of 'undying warrior' rare class by reaching a certain level without dying once. It'd probably have some other reqs like fighting a certain number of boss monsters or maybe just monsters a certain level higher than you, just to properly have that narrative of being a certified badass warrior that earns that undying reputation. Some kind of Battle Continuation abilities attached to the class.

edit: already changed my vote to veekie's. It makes a lot of sense. Flexibility works well with our heightened combat thinking and just being super dodgy in general. I actually like the idea of being a 'basic monk' that just will not take a hit ever.

Last edited:
No, of course not. Once you merge two abilities, you're supposed to get a one-rank ability that has the potential to grow more powerful by a large margin than the two parent abilities at rank five. This is basically 15 AP investment or 15 levels investment so be careful.

Not really. I mean you can choose three different class trees. Once you respec, you can only blame yourself for taking three class trees that are fist-punching focused if you wanted something else.

This is something I can't really be swayed about. I need some permanency and consequences from your choices or it'll get more difficult for me as I go on the quest.

No no, I want the fists/martial art. I meant focusing exclusively on dodging would maybe get stale when there a probably other options available as defense for a martial arts character such as countering, grappling, deflecting, some chi thing, etc...

But that's taking it to the extreme with some 1 trick dodge tank who's basically a ghost

No no, I want the fists/martial art. I meant focusing exclusively on dodging would maybe get stale when there a probably other options available as defense for a martial arts character such as countering, grappling, deflecting, some chi thing, etc...

But that's taking it to the extreme with some 1 trick dodge tank who's basically a ghost
Just to clarify my previous post, and to share some solidarity, I agree with you. I like the focus on being a speedy monk, but obviously not to the exclusion of everything else that could make a monk-like build interesting.

Don't do it, Murphy.
Don't tempt him.
Great sword monk?

Great sword not even a monk weapon.
You've never seen the Scottish shaolin school of St. Sean. :V:V:V
Gonna shout out a couple arguments for Meditation since I think its getting unfairly overlooked:
Having natural recovery is useful and if its already talking about Mana then chance are that monks will have far more active skills and that could be a problem given that since we've got basically no investment there its possible that we could end up mana screwed and having to spend the end of every fight swilling mana potions.
OoC its a really good skill for the New World as we can hibernate to make sure that we're always around for big events.
If our third class is barbarian imagine this combining with rage :p

Last edited:
Ahhhh, damn. Nofuku has self-confidence issues and now we've accidentally alienated her from her friends. *le sigh*

[X] GRIND AGAIN.

Could people be persuaded to drop 1 hp and get 1 more agility? Brings us up to 80 agility which is the next threshold for extra dodge and maybe equipment.

Now that we're back talking about the cash shop. I did finally get to updating it. You can take a look. veekie, Captain Spatula, and Radical Sway's item suggestions were nearly all accepted and added.

Suppose we could spend some more time thinking up actual items or joke items to chuck into the Gacha instead of relying on the QM for it.
That would be most welcome. You can also suggest some mounts, beasts, and pets if you want.
Simmons

A male human NPC that follows the character around and can act as a mobile banker. He is a completely normal and nondescript human male, average in every way possible.... you think.
Could you expand on this a bit more? Although, if its a blank NPC who can be personalized by players, then that's fine. Just to be sure. If it's the latter, I'll just add it as it is.
The Potion Master's Trash

A random mix of 6 potions of varying and random quality. Once the property of a renowned but scatterbrained Alchemist, this random assortment of potions could brew fame, bottle glory, and even stop death..... or it could be mouth wash. Who knows?
That seems like a fairly random item who's more unreliable than the Gacha itself. I'm not sure about its use beyond that its a joke item from the devs? I'm not sure. I'm a bit reluctant on this one although if it is a joke item then its fine. Pretty random and funny.
I'm curious actually, can we suggest a gacha item instead of a cash shop item? Like an item that just won't appear on the Cash Shop list and would be super rare in the Gacha system?
All items regardless on whenever or not if they're in the cash shop list have a chance of appearing. Although, if they're in that list, they're more likely to appear. Some items do exist that can only appear in the gacha, although they're a bit rare. You can also personally request that they're only available through the gacha and that would be fine. The items you proposed can't be bought from the cash shop. Although could you expand a bit more on what they are? Are they just blessings you receive from the gacha so not something material or some sort of one-use item? If it's the latter then please do give a basic description of what it is supposed to be.

Last edited:
The potion thing could be any random number of potions. Or that's how i imagined it. From a standard health/mana/stam potion, water breathing, etc... to more exotic things like magic resist, invis potion or whatever... to something really useful like exp buff potion or a perma stat increase potion to something harmful like a poison or debuff...

You could roll for the potion? like say its a generator for a d100 even number 1-70 is a useful standard potion, odd number is something harmful, 71-90 is something a bit more exotic and rare, like potion of invisibility or something , and 91-100 is a really rare and expensive and or useful potion.

If we ever got this you could just roll 6 times and give whatever you feel could be appropriate.

In my mind i imagined someone like Yaoi with the proper alchemical skill set might be able to figure out what some do as long as she has the levels for it whereas someone like our character would just have to drink it and hope for the best or get it appraised by someone else.

TLDR, it was just a buncha flavor text for a random assortment of potions.

Maybe its too much work

Maybe its too much work
No, now that you clarified it. It's fine. I'll add it later.
Adhoc vote count started by Terran Imperium on Dec 19, 2018 at 12:44 PM, finished with 63 posts and 16 votes.

• [X] GRIND AGAIN.
    [X] Go directly to the Branch of the World Tree. (Divine Blood Star Quest)
    -[X] Get your friends to go along with you.
    [X] Plan All of My Yes?
    -[X] Unlock 'Meditation':
    [X] Unlock 'Breath Control'
    [X]Mind over Body
    [X]Way of the Asura Defensive X2
    [X] Stat Plan Level
    -[x]Hp 1, PHYSICAL AT 1, AGI 6, Res 4
    [X] GRIND AGAIN.
    -[X] Agility 11
    -[X] HP 1
    [X] GRIND AGAIN.
    [X] Stats: 12 HP
    [X] Plan Physical Ki Focus
    -[X] Improve 'Body over Mind'
    [X] GRIND AGAIN.
    [X] GRIND AGAIN.
    [X] Plan All of My Yes?
    -[X] Unlock 'Meditation':
    -[X] Agility 11
    -[X] HP 1
    [X] Find some pretty big extermination quest to do with your friends.

Blackbeards Compass

A wonderous one of a kind magically enchanted compass once owned by the most prolific pirate of his age. This battered sea instrument is useless should you be seeking your heading. However, should it be treasure you seek, you'll find no finer companion in all of the 7 seas.

A magical trinket that will always point towards the nearest treasure. Whether that treasure be a mighty dragon's vast hoard or the meager scraps of a goblin village or even the city's nearest bank, its up to the adventurer to find out and discover if the danger is worth the prize.

This item takes up a trinket equipment slot.

Pocket Full of Sunshine

A small beaded pouch that holds within it a trapped beam of pure sunlight. Torches are so last year. Useful for vampires too I'm sure.

Shield Ring

A ring enchanted with 3 charges of a low to medium level shield spell. At the wearer's command, magical energy in the shape of a buckler will snap into place over the wearer's wrist allowing for a brief moment of enhanced defense against attacks of a physical nature. The energy dissipates after a second, each charge likely only being effective for deflecting a single attack.

Mage Hunter's Lantern

A hooded lantern made of a strange and unnerving black iron. Shine the light of this fell lantern on a magic user as they are casting a spell and inflict the silence condition onto them. The effect of the lantern will only take place if the opposing magic user is in the middle of casting a damaging spell.

Chakra of the Balanced Path

A green chakra gem embedded into the forehead. The gem grants the wearer enlightenment, effectively adding resistance to malicious mental and charm effects. It also grants advantage towards mental and concentration checks. This gem takes up the head equipment slot.

Boots of Curbstomp

Steel plated boots with a firm grip. These enchanted boots provide armor, enhanced damage for feet attacks, and provide sure footing, ensuring that the wearer is in no danger of slipping on hazardous surfaces such as ice or grease.

Eyepatch of Insight

It was only after you gave up your eye that you could truly see. The wearer more easily spots lies and falsehoods and gains advantages towards tracking and search checks that rely on sight. It also grants a bonus towards spotting traps.

The Braggart's Staff

A simple oak staff capped at either end with solid bronze. A serviceable and effective weapon for those with the ability to wield it, the owner may slam the staff down onto the ground once per battle and force all within a 50-foot radius to stop what they're doing and focus on the wielder. They must pass a will save or be considered dazed. Those who fail the will save are unable to focus on anyone aside from the wielder of the staff until the end of their next turn. This effect is not discriminatory between enemies and allies.

Mask of Friendly Faces

An extremely rare magical masquerade mask that allows the owner to copy the likeness of anybody as long as they're on your friends list or an NPC controlled be either the wearer or an NPC owned by someone on your friends list. This change will copy everything from the face to the appearance of the equipment (though not the stats) of who you're changing into. Can only be used once a day.

Last edited:
[X] GRIND AGAIN.

Back