The Mandalorian

Nah, we definitely didn't see Sloane at the council - IIRC the only EU characters that got any significant playtime were Pellaeon and Commandant Hux (one day father ofGeneral Hux).

We do get a good look at Gideon's big tanks again (which will probably be revealed to be growing Snoke's and/or Palpatine clones), but the implication seems to be that Hux (prepping Weekend At Shiv's the First Order) and Pellaeon (prepping Disney+ Presents Heir to the Empire Thrawn's comeback) are getting the bantha's share of the resources, while Gideon and the rest of the warlords range from glorified pirates to PMC's.

Like, Gideon's our big dick big bad in glorious FMV discount Vader armor and he has to convince Hux Sr. to loan him *checks notes* some bombers and three elite spec-ops guys.
I guess it was too hard to cast a larger man as Brendol? I don't want to be a total stickler for continuity but come on, it really isn't hard to stay in line with the physical appearance he has had in every other depiction ever.

The lumpiness is really pronounced here. Like, people will come running back to the Empire because the New Republic has too many rules? The Empire put people away for owning the wrong books.

Also, not to come over all L3 here

but the IG-11 suit thing made me really uncomfortable. Like, viscerally uncomfortable. Not fucking OK.

Literally my only beef with this episode is that Captain Pellaeon is wearing Commander insignia - he should have only one code cylinder, not two. Rebels got it right with Captains Slavin and Brunson so it was kind of annoying to see here. Counting on Ahsoka to have that fixed.

Good grief, the geography of the climax is atrocious. The editing itself is choppy already, but we've got a whole bunch of people with broadly similar silhouettes and even if the Imperials are all in white it's hard to tell Mandos apart in the dim light and despite all that potential for confusion, they shoot it so everyone seems to be firing in all directions.

Good grief, the geography of the climax is atrocious. The editing itself is choppy already, but we've got a whole bunch of people with broadly similar silhouettes and even if the Imperials are all in white it's hard to tell Mandos apart in the dim light and despite all that potential for confusion, they shoot it so everyone seems to be firing in all directions.
I didn't find it hard to follow at all, personally. Thought the differing colors was more than clear enough for me to tell who was who.

Maybe. Felt bad to me though. Like, did Bo do a thing or was it Koska?

Also, did Gideon just get there to spring his ambush or was there already a presence there? How long has he been devising the New Supercommandos?

I thought for a second they were actually gonna put the Dark Troopers Mark 4 are we up to now as a threat but then they had them all beaten by one Mandalorian so great work with your invincible army Gideon. It's hilarious the difference in that Beskar armour. Should've just stayed there in mass and took them all down then they could've mobbed the Praetorians, at least they got the slightest rub there.

It was cool to see my boy Pelleon and Hux dad to a lesser extent. Plus the survivor's ship on Mandalore was cool. I did find the whole Thrawn isn't here quite yet hilarious, but we'll get to that firework factory soon.

It's good that they put in the work that fighters can solo bigger ships earlier or I would've thought it very suspect that Gideon expects to take Bo's fleet with just Interceptors and Bombers.

On the whole I enjoyed the episode, definitely one of the better ones of the series.

Nah, we definitely didn't see Sloane at the council - IIRC the only EU characters that got any significant playtime were Pellaeon and Commandant Hux (one day father ofGeneral Hux).

We do get a good look at Gideon's big tanks again (which will probably be revealed to be growing Snoke's and/or Palpatine clones), but the implication seems to be that Hux (prepping Weekend At Shiv's the First Order) and Pellaeon (prepping Disney+ Presents Heir to the Empire Thrawn's comeback) are getting the bantha's share of the resources, while Gideon and the rest of the warlords range from glorified pirates to PMC's.

I don't think that's what Gideon is doing. He's running his own show while Hux is running 'Necromancer' (i.e. Snoke). That's why Hux was quizzing him about just what he thought he was doing and Gideon was bragging about what sounds like his clone/Jedi/Mandalorian troops.

Last edited:
Mando: "Trying to teach this kid respect and you guys keep spoiling him!"

Speaking of which Din's wrong, back in season 1 when Grogu choked Cara Din says to him something along the line of "Friends don't hurt friends". And Grogu remembers so he broke up the fight between Paz and Axe.

There is a possibility that Grogu is also learning from Bo as well now. Taking to heart her speech about division being what has destroyed Mandalor every time.

The lumpiness is really pronounced here. Like, people will come running back to the Empire because the New Republic has too many rules? The Empire put people away for owning the wrong books.

Say the deluded fascist dead-enders who are telling themselves that everything that is happening right now is just a temporary setback, and they will soon emerge triumphant again and show everyone, with Pellaeon rocking back and forth and muttering that Thrawn will come back soon and bring food, and water, and smite their enemies.

And to be fair, I've no doubt that if you're the kind of person who'd be a high muckety-muck in the Empire, there are bothersome rules in place in the New Republic that wouldn't be in the Empire.

Last edited:
Or rules of the New Republic are enforced at their high status level where as during the Imperial age they would be the ones doing the enforcing, bribing, and getting the kickbacks.

Right, but he frames it as the people of the Galaxy overall, not the aristocracy. It just feels weird, like someone dashed it out in a first draft without really thinking and never went back to tighten it up.

Admittedly I seem to be saying this about a whole lot of this season...

To an Imperial, are not the coreworld elite the only real people?
Maybe, but in the context of the episode overall it felt off to me. Like, then you'd probably want a reference to how the plebs need keeping in line.

Admittedly, this was just exacerbated by a bit of a "wait what?" reveal, a jumbled action sequence, a villain who seems to be running on fumes until he dies and Thrawn can take over, and one element which felt like an outright arse-pull.

Back