The Life and Times of a Half Saiyan King (Thread2)

Nope, nothing finalized.
So far two votes for Act Like It.

Even if he transforms, he'd be far weaker than Gohan who has the same transformation and mastery over it.

Spirit Bomb is a thing, it's also a thing that has never managed to actually work and kill the target until Buu.

Better than nothing no? I wouldn't quite count Goku out yet....he may surprise us

Also yes spirit bomb has a better track record and if nothing else a VERY good distraction.

Better than nothing no? I wouldn't quite count Goku out yet....he may surprise us

Also yes spirit bomb has a better track record and if nothing else a VERY good distraction.

The Spirit Bomb is like the movies cop out answer to defeating a Villain that they made way too strong for Z-Fighters to beat :p Turles way stronger than Goku? Spirit bomb! Wheelo about too blow up the planet? No problem! Spirit bomb! Super Android 13 too strong? Absorb the Spirit bomb and become a Spirit Saiyan and punch him really hard! :p

The Spirit Bomb is like the movies cop out answer to defeating a Villain that they made way too strong for Z-Fighters to beat :p Turles way stronger than Goku? Spirit bomb! Wheelo about too blow up the planet? No problem! Spirit bomb! Super Android 13 too strong? Absorb the Spirit bomb and become a Spirit Saiyan and punch him really hard! :p

Hey if you got it use it when you need to!

(mostly cause I'm pretty sure stacking multipliers isn't the answer this time.)

Plus...I do kinda want to see the other's at least TRY on screen (and not against us :p)

Hey if you got it use it when you need to!

(mostly cause I'm pretty sure stacking multipliers isn't the answer this time.)

Plus...I do kinda want to see the other's at least TRY on screen (and not against us :p)

Well it is an answer, it's just a really bad one :( Either someone dies so Gohan/Gossard can unlock another form or Gossard goes Mythical Saiyan and then frees Broly :(

On the bright side, if anyone wanted to jump start the Broly arc they know what to do now.

Well it is an answer, it's just a really bad one :( Either someone dies so Gohan/Gossard can unlock another form or Gossard goes Mythical Saiyan and then frees Broly :(

On the bright side, if anyone wanted to jump start the Broly arc they know what to do now.

Partly why I'm hoping the Z fighters got a boost of some kind, would mix things up a bit so it doesn't follow the ends of the other arcs and show off the warriors styles so we could become interested in their styles as we....don't interact with them at all besides Goku and Piccolo.

@lordchaos99 Does Copycat suffer from the debuff to learning additional MAs, or is that a way to bypass the debuff as long as we are fine with never getting them from 7 to 10.

Also, can you give a bit of a hint at what would work? I didn't think we were so outclassed that just going in swinging would result in us definitely losing, but your earlier comment made it seem as such. As such, we are stuck on waffling around trying to come up with something, and really the only ideas I have seen us really having that doesn't rely on other people doing stuff we don't know about, is Transforming even higher (while it's fun, the two MCs seem to be getting frusterated with it), or Zenkai Abuse.

Feels like we're gonna have to set Broly free.
To do that, we'd be messing with a new transformation, which has that problem of us going insane.

Plus, he said there's a "pretty cool way around this" that supposedly has been talked about here and there, and implied it WASN'T Stacking Transformations. The problem is however, we've talked about A LOT of stuff, so who knows what thing he's referencing.

@lordchaos99 Does Copycat suffer from the debuff to learning additional MAs, or is that a way to bypass the debuff as long as we are fine with never getting them from 7 to 10.

Also, can you give a bit of a hint at what would work? I didn't think we were so outclassed that just going in swinging would result in us definitely losing, but your earlier comment made it seem as such. As such, we are stuck on waffling around trying to come up with something, and really the only ideas I have seen us really having that doesn't rely on other people doing stuff we don't know about, is Transforming even higher (while it's fun, the two MCs seem to be getting frusterated with it), or Zenkai Abuse.

No, Copycat isn't debuffed, though the further training from 7->10 is debuffed.

This is probably too much of a hint: Samuel.

No, Copycat isn't debuffed, though the further training from 7->10 is debuffed.

This is probably too much of a hint: Samuel.

The Frozen In Place technique? Do we know it or know anyone that does? If we can do that we can have Gohan go Ultimate Saiyan and blast Lord Slug to hell.

EDIT

I got it Chiaotzu knows a similar technique called Psychic Spark. I don't think it will work this time since it didn't work against Nappa due to him being too strong.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm just on my phone and wanted to pop that quick message in after I woke up.
I'm going to make a longer post after my daily ablutions

The Frozen In Place technique? Do we know it or know anyone that does? If we can do that we can have Gohan go Ultimate Saiyan and blast Lord Slug to hell.

You got a pretty personal encounter with it, and an explanation
With the right write-in, I would allow you to use it. It would be clumsy, but a weak hit is still a hit.

Yeah, I'm just on my phone and wanted to pop that quick message in after I woke up.
I'm going to make a longer post after my daily ablutions

You got a pretty personal encounter with it, and an explanation
With the right write-in, I would allow you to use it. It would be clumsy, but a weak hit is still a hit.

Gossard can totally do it. His high magic stat should help with it to.

So I was kinda right? The power of having the other Z fighters and not jsut us to defeat him?

What? Try to stall Slug until reinforcements show up and we can see more fighting styles or something? How exactly do we get prideful Gossard to act as the support for a fight that'll push him to his limits?

What? Try to stall Slug until reinforcements show up and we can see more fighting styles or something? How exactly do we get prideful Gossard to act as the support for a fight that'll push him to his limits?

Well he can join in the fight later, but I like to think he is Smart and prideful not prideful dumb. Unless I'm wrong he has let other's )mainly Gohan) fight instead while he watched.

It's too bad we didn't come up with the Samuel plan our own. It feels kinda cheap now :oops: Odds are Gohan is gonna steal our kill since we'll be busy maintaining the Frozen In Place technique.

Our Acid-Telepathy combined with the Frozen In Place Technique seems like it'd do it.
Not really stalling, more allowing Gohan set up a Coup De Grace. I don't think pride would be much of a problem, no-one else could do the thing and he's serving a pivotal role.

[X] If only you knew some way that lets people far weaker than their foes render said foes powerless. Oh wait.
-[X] That technique cowardly Samuel used on you. He explained to you how it works, and you've been working on your magic. If you combine it with the Mental-Acid of False Saiyan, it seems like you should be able to render Lord Slug powerless, unable to move thanks to the magic, and unable to unravel the magic thanks to your mental assault.

[X] If only you knew some way that lets people far weaker than their foes render said foes powerless. Oh wait.
-[X] That technique cowardly Samuel used on you. He explained to you how it works, and you've been working on your magic. If you combine it with the Mental-Acid of False Saiyan, it seems like you should be able to render Lord Slug powerless, unable to move thanks to the magic, and unable to unravel the magic thanks to your mental assault.

It's too bad we didn't come up with the Samuel plan our own. It feels kinda cheap now :oops:
I don't really agree. Personally I find it best when we are given hints like this, for our characters have a much greater grasp of the situation and their own potential than we do. I personally had no idea we had any chance of using that ability, but Gossard is far more familiar with what Magic he's capable of and as such would probably think of ways to apply that Magic to combat.

Wish for biological immortality. True immortality always backfires.

Has anything here been finalized yet here?

If not, I'm going to recommend.

[X] Free Action: Capsule Corp is your kingdom, act like it

This may give Gossard some actual responsibility, which will probably be good for him. Having him learn to take care of and manage what assets you have mellow him out a bit. Maybe. :)

How did it "Backfire" for garlic jr.?

If it wasn't for the whole phantom zone stick he would have been fine.

I don't really agree. Personally I find it best when we are given hints like this, for our characters have a much greater grasp of the situation and their own potential than we do. I personally had no idea we had any chance of using that ability, but Gossard is far more familiar with what Magic he's capable of and as such would probably think of ways to apply that Magic to combat.

I just find it kills the fun of it for me. Half the fun of the quest is working together to find a solution to a choice that has no clear wins. This time we were basically just given the answer. I am not against hints I just found this one a little too obvious. I would have liked something a little more vague.

Well hints are fine imo but it'd feel oh so sweeter if we had thought it up ourself. Well it went over my head so...

-[X] That technique cowardly Samuel used on you. He explained to you how it works, and you've been working on your magic. If you combine it with the Mental-Acid of False Saiyan, it seems like you should be able to render Lord Slug powerless, unable to move thanks to the magic, and unable to unravel the magic thanks to your mental assault
We still need to rampage so Gohan can fuck us up. Its a family tradition at this point:V

Back