I am simply picking the plan i have the least issue with.

I chose not to come up with a new plan that waited for the entire family to come with us because there clearly was no appetite for it.

I like neither plan but oh well.

Its our Progress no one else's, If Johanna and Viserys want to do a progress they can do one later, in their own time. Although it would probably have to be a shorter one as Viserys and Johanna don't have Dragons.

Last edited:
Here are some visual representations of the two currently main routes:

Clockwise Route Pathing: This plan has two massive boat routes, and does take a strange idea through the Vale's mountains on its way to Seagard... that I expect will be devastating to the people of the Progress, think the amount of people who died with Hannibal as he crossed the Alps. Additionally a late route into the North could be harsh. However very minimal backtracking, and it also shows quite extensive support in the North, so long as we are not straining their resources too badly.

Primarily Counterclockwise Route Pathing: Shorter but more frequent ship routes, makes it north earlier and utilizes the Kings Road to keep that pathing fairly simple, does use a lot of backtracking in the north due to such though. Very Riverlands heavy in terms of dedicated stops. Less focus on the North than the other plan. I personally appreciate giving some respect to the Valyrons by ending the progress at Driftmark.

Both plans are least interested in the Westerlands and Iron Islands (though why would you want to spend a ton of time there anyway), which I think is very reasonable. I would say that the first certainly shows some favor towards the North, and the Second shows some favor towards the Riverlands.

I will say that the first plan I think is harsher in a variety of terms to those on the Progress than the second, in how it will impact the congregation. Both do utilize the major roadways for the most part luckily and that is a good thing.

Last edited:
I gotta agree the detour through the northern Vale mountains is an extremely harsh route.

Is there even a proper pass that way?

I gotta agree the detour through the northern Vale mountains is an extremely harsh route.

Is there even a proper pass that way?
Maps of the region are super inconsistent, but I'm assuming there to be a decently well traveled path and didn't get told by Teenspirit that this isn't the case.

Last edited:
Looking at the interactive map, from the Eyrie its probably up into Heart's Home, follow the river coast to Strongsong, to that river's mouth, and try and find a break in the mountains to then descend back down into the Kingsroad.

No. The idea is to cross the river at the seat of the Corbrays and then travel along the northern Vale coast. This isn't an alpine crossing.

Edit:

Move from the Eyrie to Heart's Home, Snakewood, Coldwater and then back west, bypassing the mountains in the north near the coast. Maps of the area are too inconsistent to plan more detailed than that, but this doesn't require any mountain passes.

Last edited:
While that makes loads more sense, there were certainly better ways to explain that idea than
--[] detour through the northern Vale

Much less Lethal, but that is a very long path.

On that note, I wouldn't mind switching the order of my route and going to the Stormlands first, then the North and so on. That would mean moving southwards as the weather cools.

Why walk to Seaguard at all? It's probably faster to go through Gulltown to White Harbor and do your North route in reverse, sail from Pyke to Seaguard and walk home from there.

Edit: Stormlands first too is acceptable, it's just that hike from the Eyrie to Seaguard is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Why walk to Seaguard at all? It's probably faster to go through Gulltown to White Harbor and do your North route in reverse, sail from Pyke to Seaguard and walk home from there.
Because that part of the Vale gets neglected all the time by absolutely every piece of ASOIAF media and I think it's worth some sightseeing at the very least.

It's not really any more or less relevant than any other random bit of land.

On that note, I wouldn't mind switching the order of my route and going to the Stormlands first, then the North and so on. That would mean moving southwards as the weather cools.

Maybe you should make a new Plan?

Because that part of the Vale gets neglected all the time by absolutely every piece of ASOIAF media and I think it's worth some sightseeing at the very least.

It's not really any more or less relevant than any other random bit of land.

You probably should have that made that more clear in your plan instead of just saying "detour through the northern Vale".

Last edited:
Normally I'd say make a new plan but if it's just the routing you're probably fine to make alterations. No one's gonna complain you chose a better route.

Like the new route much better Azel, but I'm still against the northern Vale route when it doesn't bring us to any valuable vassals. There's no attention on the northern coast because there's hardly anything there - there's plenty of valuable vassals we could be visiting other than the Eyrie.

Also still no Driftmark stop, really want that. It'd even make a lot of sense with the new route, we could pick up Laenor on the way to Storms End.

TBH if we want to significantly increase our relationship with both Johanna and Viserys we should give our sibling the egg we picked for Daeron (if it is still alive)... It would be a good way to show thatbwe accept our future half-sibling as if it was our full blooded sibling...

Assuming you mean Baelon, I don't agree - I feel like giving them a dragon egg shows that and is a good idea, but giving them the same egg would be replacement-goldfish-y.

But it sounds like that's not an option anyway.

TBH if we want to significantly increase our relationship with both Johanna and Viserys we should give our sibling the egg we picked for Daeron (if it is still alive)... It would be a good way to show thatbwe accept our future half-sibling as if it was our full blooded sibling...
I should note giving Johanna's kid Baelon's egg will give you a whole bunch of stress if you even get the chance.

Like the new route much better Azel, but I'm still against the northern Vale route when it doesn't bring us to any valuable vassals. There's no attention on the northern coast because there's hardly anything there - there's plenty of valuable vassals we could be visiting other than the Eyrie.

Also still no Driftmark stop, really want that. It'd even make a lot of sense with the new route, we could pick up Laenor on the way to Storms End.
Adding Driftmark is peachy with me.

And you know what the northern Vale gets us? Scenic cliffs, where we can enjoy the warm fall days with Alicent, reciting poetry to her while the iron grey sea clashes against the rocks beneath us. But then the cold wind comes and we have to bundle up in a blanket, but there's only one blanket.

Back