The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

I don't know how to make this clearer. Korra does not need help fighting. She needs help cheating and counter-cheating.
Or, she can be so good at fighting, she doesn't need cheating.
Go through the story Reader Mode. We are constantly getting points in 3-5 skills every choice we make.
So instead of pointing them out and supporting your own argument, you are telling the person you are trying to convince to try to figure it out themselves. Not a very good tactic. YOU are the one supporting your side, it's up to you to gather evidence supporting it. It's up to me to gather evidence supporting my side, which I did.
Because we haven't spend every turn meditating, because we haven't spent every turn dustbending.
Of the last 8 turns, we've done dustbending in 7 of them. And Dustbending didn't exist before that.
And we haven't done meditate every turn, but we've done it frequently.
Skills isn't the problem with Korra as you and Tron have repeatedly stated. It's that the enemies cheat. A lot. Li currently is a bad example in avoiding the fate she had in canon. Making her think she can punch her way through her problems is not the answer.
Except, she's lost when the enemies WEREN'T cheating. As I said, she has lost in straight fights. The enemies did cheat in a number of those encounters, but not all of them.

Prevention is being able to take up the slack when those problems erupt. It's about Li having the skills, know how and temper to help Korra deal with those problems before they become big problems like they did in canon.

Again that is immensely meta gaming to the point that Li has no IC reason to tell Korra how to act. Because as I pointed out she never dealt with any problems that had force as an option due to being sheltered. Also the QM has confirmed that Korra will be the same as she was when canon starts.

Last edited:
Also, important to note, Dustbending is just getting us a single point. As such, if we do it every turn, we'll only get it to B++ by time of canon.
You are completely right.
Dustbending: C+++ (X O) >>> B (O O O O)
I misread it as: C+++ (O O) so I thought we gained two points.

I'll change my vote to this:
[X] Spend time with Master Bao
[X] Spend time training with Korra
[X] Spar with the guards under Commander Kara supervision
[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Explore the compound

We can find out what Master Bao gives us and what else the compound has left for us in one turn.
I'm just going to go and edit my last voting post.

So instead of pointing them out and supporting your own argument, you are telling the person you are trying to convince to try to figure it out themselves. Not a very good tactic. YOU are the one supporting your side, it's up to you to gather evidence supporting it. It's up to me to gather evidence supporting my side, which I did
You were the one that claimed the Korra action gave the most points and yet you want me to find evidence? You have not done so.
Of the last 8 turns, we've done dustbending in 7 of them. And Dustbending didn't exist before that.
And we haven't done meditate every turn, but we've done it frequently.
And I have no problem with that. I have no problem with taking any action frequently. I have a problem with taking the same action every turn.
Except, she's lost when the enemies WEREN'T cheating. As I said, she has lost in straight fights. The enemies did cheat in a number of those encounters, but not all of them.
Right. Like when she went against Bloodbending, or Spirits, or giant robots.
Again that is immensely meta gaming to the point that Li has no IC reason to tell Korra how to act. Because as I pointed out she never dealt with any problems that had force as an option due to being sheltered. Also the QM has confirmed that Korra will be the same as she was when canon starts.
Li doesn't tell her how to act even now. Doesn't mean that he doesn't influence her. Again this is about being able to pick up the slack when she does hit those problems so they don't become big ones.

Again, I would like sauce for where GM says Korra is at C+++ in canon.
I'm just going to go and edit my last voting post.
Nice, but unrequired by vote tally

You were the one that claimed the Korra action gave the most points and yet you want me to find evidence? You have not done so.
I've never said most. I said 3 to 4, which is more than most. I can prove it gives 3 to 4 on average if you want. You'd be the one proving that 3 to 4 is less than most.
And I have no problem with that. I have no problem with taking any action frequently. I have a problem with taking the same action every turn.
We haven't done it every turn. Just frequently. I know of two turns in particular that we didn't, "Just a little more speed." and " Shadows, rocks and dust"
Right. Like when she went against Bloodbending, or Spirits, or giant robots.
Nah, Unalaq has beaten her before fusing with Vaatu. Zaheer has also beaten her. Kuvira has also beaten her without using the giant robot. She actually lost in the fight using the giant robot.
Again, I would like sauce for where GM says Korra is at C+++ in canon.
She's like C+++ (O O), she should be finishing soon enough, remember that in canon she was an execellent bender, but ciertanly not a Master.

Last edited:
We haven't done it every turn. Just frequently. I know of two turns in particular that we didn't, "Just a little more speed." and " Shadows, rocks and dust"
Right, twice in the almost 20 turns since we've met Korra.:V

Each turn is 6 months so I wouldn't recommend skipping more than once, but I think there is benefit in spending every other turn on training Li's other skills. That's all I'm asking people to consider.

Right, twice in the almost 20 turns since we've met Korra.:V
Hey, you said that you are fine with frequent as long as it's not every turn. What's more, we've actually done Dustbending just as frequently. Korra's been an option for 8 years, 16 turns. 14/16 = 7/8 which is how many turns we've done Dustbending. And that's assuming I didn't miss any options.
but I think there is benefit in spending every other turn on training Li's other skills.
We do train the other skills. It's not like it's Korra and nothing else.

We do train the other skills. It's not like it's Korra and nothing else.
Korra's been showing up in almost every scene since we picked her. It does seem that it becomes Korra and nothing else.

Granted the other potential reasons for that is that we never explore.

Also that we never really got introduced to anyone at so it's like, there's no one really there to draw attention to other activities.

This is a really sparse story now that I think about it...

Korra's been showing up in almost every scene since we picked her. It does seem that it becomes Korra and nothing else.

Also that we never really got introduced to anyone at so it's like, there's no one really there to draw attention to other activities.

She's in only 1/3 of the scenes. And that's not counting the events.

There's Bao, we can always choose to spend more time with him. Which I'm actually voting for. But people have voted for mainly two things so far. Training, and Korra. As such, Korra is pretty much the only person we know, cause she's the only person we spend non-training time with. Even our Master, almost all the time we spent with him has been for training, and until Korra all the time we didn't spent training with him we spent training some other thing.

It's also why I've been voting for Bao. He contributed quite a lot in the beginning and now we don't need him the story has gotten more sparse character wise. If we were in canon already this wouldn't be a problem but as we are in an isolated training compound...

It's also why I've been voting for Bao. He contributed quite a lot in the beginning and now we don't need him the story has gotten more sparse character wise. If we were in canon already this wouldn't be a problem but as we are in an isolated training compound...
True but we haven't even found a big brother/sister figure for Li TT_TT

I'm really curious how the story is going to change once we hit canon now. Like, Events are jam packed compared to the rate we're going at.

Also Tally
Vote Tally : The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest) | Page 114 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.9
No. of Votes: 19
[X] Learn to meditate
No. of Votes: 18
No. of Votes: 15
No. of Votes: 15
[X] Keep doing waterbending katas
No. of Votes: 11
[X] Train dustbending
No. of Votes: 9
[X] Explore the compound
No. of Votes: 9
[X] Try to learn more about the world
No. of Votes: 7
[x] Try to train your seismic sense
No. of Votes: 6
[X] Train the Strong Fist on my own
No. of Votes: 2
[X] Train moving in the shadows
No. of Votes: 1
Total No. of Voters: 23

So we're already getting Bao, but still getting Korra.

[x] Try to learn more about the world
[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Explore the compound

[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Explore the compound
Seems good to me.

And yea, we'd be a good companion for Aang if we were ever sent back. Minus the whole time paradox dealio.

@Astaroh-M Can we begin wearing a blindfold while we do all our other actions, mix Seismic Sense in with regular training? And if we did, how my points would that be worth? I'd guess two as long as we are doing some rather physical stuff, like training with Korra, and sparring with the guards.

Last edited:
[X] Learn to meditate

Was right

both this use and the one after it should be wear

Makes or made depending on the tense.

Brings

was just

In the capital

we have had or we've had.

Unless that was intentional indicating a short o sound there should be an e at the end.

So why don't we have an earth bending training option anymore?
Thanks, fixed.

@Astaroh-M Can we begin wearing a blindfold while we do all our other actions, mix Seismic Sense in with regular training? And if we did, how my points would that be worth? I'd guess two as long as we are doing some rather physical stuff, like training with Korra, and sparring with the guards.
All the time? No, but during some trainings... maybe, you would win 2 points only though.

[X] Learn to meditate

[x] Try to train your seismic sense
[x] Spend time with Master Bao
[x] Spar with the guards under Commander Kara supervision
[x] Learn to meditate
[x] Try to learn more about the world