The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

[X] Spend time with Master Bao
[X] Spend time training with Korra
[X] Spar with the guards under Commander Kara supervision
[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Keep doing waterbending katas

Reasoning, want us to keep learning meditation to get it to C and raise our mental skills. Water katas since even if it doesn't help with dustbending it does raise our flexibility and I would like most of our physical stats at at least B and it also helps with our bending with things like remote control and contact. Finally Bao since I feel we should spend some time with him at least every once in a while.

[X] Train dustbending
[X] Learn to meditate

EDIT: Changed my vote. These shouldn't count on nettally anymore right?
[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Train dustbending

Those are my choices. I feel like the first four are fairly "locked in" until we get better at them (Like dustbending reaching A rank). I do will feel we should at least talk to Master Bao one more time though I can see why exploring the compound would be useful.

I'm not going for water bending training as it doesn't directly benefit our bending. Agility is useful, don't get me wrong, but I would like to explore some of the lesser used options.

Last edited:
[X] Explore the compound
[X] Try to learn more about the world

While training is good (and I'm on board with continuing to get stronger), I'd like us to branch out more socially. Training with Kara gave us the opportunity to get better martial arts training- I'm wondering if there's more chances like that available.

[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Train dustbending

[x] Spend time training with Korra
[x] Spar with the guards under Commander Kara supervision
[x] Try to train your seismic sense
[x] Train dustbending
[x] Learn to meditate

Meditation could help us increase Past Life Connection right? Because if we do... well, that would probably help us learn all the bending martial arts forms and evolve Strong Fist much quicker than normal.

[X] Train dustbending
[X] Train the Strong Fist on my own

[X] Train dustbending
[X] Explore the compound

I hope we get to explore the compund this turn, after all since the first tme we got a better way to train strong fist maybe the second one we get a better way to train meditation.

I'm not going for water bending training as it doesn't directly benefit our bending. Agility is useful, don't get me wrong, but I would like to explore some of the lesser used options.

Actually it does, training it raised our control both in contact and remote to C++. By my calculations if this keeps up we would raise both contact and remote bending to B in four turns.

[X] Learn to meditate

"So… how does it look?" Korra asked while showing me the choker, except that it wasn't on her neck but on her right bicep. She said something about using it on her neck when it were right, whatever that means.

It took a few hours but I was finally able to explain to Korra that, no, I wasn't proposing to her, she looked both relieved and disappointed… girls can be very weird.

SHIPPING INTENSIFIES!!!

That is all.

[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Train dustbending

[X] Train dustbending
[X] Train moving in the shadows
[X] Try to train your seismic sense
[X] Learn to meditate

Still don't understand the draw of choosing Korra every turn.

Really, why?

[x] Try to train your seismic sense
[x] Spend time with Master Bao
[x] Learn to meditate
[x] Try to learn more about the world

Going by my usual pattern: 1 on an earthbending sub-skill, 1 on Strong Fist (which nowadays is sparring w/ guards), and 3 on the rest.

In this case, I'd like Li to:
1) Continue working on Meditation
2) Spend some time with Master Bao (when was the last time we voted for this?)
3) Learn about more about the world while Korra's mom and dad are here.

And I picked Seismic Sense for the earthbending sub-skill this time, since it could pair well with either meditation or sparring. (Or both!)

AN: Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was (and still am) a little sick.
Hope you feel back at 100% soon!
"Oh?" Commander Kara just raised an eyebrow after the explanation, "Well you're lucky! Is time for some special training!" Just as she said that, all the guards in the yard shivered.

"Oh, really?" Chief Tonraq asked with curiosity.

"Yup! Surviving the Green Beast! Those that are still standing after 10 minutes against Li, will have the rest of the day free!"

"I see… have someone ever won that prize?"

This time I was the one to answer that.

"Nop!"
Ha, in another world, some poor Lotus guard is the quest protagonist, and is using Li's sparring to rank up her skills faster. :D

"Oh? If isn't our little Green Beast! And… Chief Tonraq? What brought you to our little piece of frozen hell, Sir?" Commander Kara saluted us the moment we entered the training yard of the guards.

Chief Tonraq just smiled, "I just was curious of what kind of training the White Lotus Soldiers did in comparison with the guards on the Capital, we have some little… difficulties with some small gangs and I wanted to take a look."

"Oh?" Commander Kara just raised an eyebrow after the explanation, "Well you're lucky! Is time for some special training!" Just as she said that, all the guards in the yard shivered.

"Oh, really?" Chief Tonraq asked with curiosity.

"Yup! Surviving the Green Beast! Those that are still standing after 10 minutes against Li, will have the rest of the day free!"

"I see… have someone ever won that prize?"

This time I was the one to answer that.

"Nop!"

Strong Fist: C+ (X O) >>> C++ (X O)
Speed: B (O O O O) >>> B (X X O O)
Why no Physical Skill? Seems like kicking all their asses would work out muscles at least some.

Same thing as last time
[X] Train dustbending
[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Explore the compound

Dust Bending to get that up.
Korra cause duh
Guards because it raises a bunch of stats
Meditate to get us turtles
Compound to see if there's anything else really good.

[x] Learn to meditate

Okay, I really think this is the best plan. Training waterbending katas to work on Li's agility. Spending time with master Bao because we really should do that now we are a master. Spar to reach master in the fist. Meditation for spirit potential. And learn about the world because I want to know if Li will notice the spirit problem in the south.

[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Explore the compound

[x] Learn to meditate

[X] Train dustbending
[X] Learn to meditate
[X] Explore the compound

Still don't understand the draw of choosing Korra every turn.

Really, why?

She is our best friend, she is someone close to Li's age who she can socialize with instead of train all the time(a good part of our social skills increase come from spending time with Korra), shipping, future waifu material and oh training with Korra not only raises our some of skills since it's training but also help Korra improve her own skills so that she is stronger than her canon self.

Last edited:
No, not duh. Please explain why we have to spend an action every time.
She is our best friend, she is someone close to Li's age who she can socialize with instead of train all the time(a good part of our social skills increase come from spending time with Korra), shipping, future waifu material and oh training with Korra not only raises our some of skills since it's training but also help Korra improve her own skills so that she is stronger than her canon self.
But Korra doesn't need help getting stronger. Korra never needed help punching someone in the face. Her problems have been not using physical force on her problems, knowing to stay calm and not rush.

All those skills can be raised in other ways and better.

As foe shipping and being best friends, I'm not saying to completely drop her and necer look back. I'm saying that we need not pick her every round, especially as it has already been shown that she would still pick time to hang out with Li.

Why not raise one of the other skills that Li is doing poorly in?

Back