The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest)

With enough speed and/or stealth, Li can probably pull off the "*teleports behind you*" trick on a target to just incapacitate them with a well-aimed chop to the neck.

Of course, it'd be never that simple.
Especially with multiple enemies.

Because they gotta pay the earthbenders. And presumably whoever is doing the paying would rather save money than waste it. A smaller tunnel would be cheaper than a bigger one, so they'd pay for a smaller one if the smaller one was big enough.
Worth keeping in mind that most Earthbenders we've seen would require that a tunnel be wide enough for them to stretch in all directions without touching a wall so that they can dig unimpeded, and that the more Earthbenders you have on an excavating job, the wider it's going to need to be. I'd say the tunnels being approximately a bit wider than two men with arms spread out is reasonable.

They're not geokinetics after tall, they're kung fu geokinetics. Need room to work in.

... Those must have been some badass hooligans if they managed mutual destruction against The Avatar and The Green Beast.:o
Naw, obviously after they were done with the punks they set to trashing each other.
With enough speed and/or stealth, Li can probably pull off the "*teleports behind you*" trick on a target to just incapacitate them with a well-aimed chop to the neck.

Depends on how fast enemies react. If he gets close to the Naruto jounin raw speed/stealth baseline he probably could do it.

Probably not. Naga at full sprint is around B++ or B+++. Eel Hounds, noted as being the fastest thing on ground or in the water, A+++. Neither seemed fast enough to seemingly teleport behind people. Though, that's before accounting for what Body of Steel might do for us.
Worth keeping in mind that most Earthbenders we've seen would require that a tunnel be wide enough for them to stretch in all directions without touching a wall so that they can dig unimpeded, and that the more Earthbenders you have on an excavating job, the wider it's going to need to be. I'd say the tunnels being approximately a bit wider than two men with arms spread out is reasonable.

They're not geokinetics after tall, they're kung fu geokinetics. Need room to work in.
Oh sure. Like I said, easily explained them being big. But several were flat out huge. Big enough for several Sato Mechs to go side by side.
Depends on how fast enemies react. If he gets close to the Naruto jounin raw speed/stealth baseline he probably could do it.
Simple Chunnin would do it. Even academy students are hella good fighters, as seen in the short clip of Naruto vs Sasuke. And, we see how blindingly quick Lee is after taking off his weights. He could easily get behind people like that.

Last edited:
We could carry a pouch of dust ala waterbenders.

But would there even be a point if our strong fist is as good as our earthbending? I mean at that point unless they are actually challenging enough I doubt we would even need our earthbending. Just look at those mooks we took out without effort a few updates back.

But would there even be a point if our strong fist is as good as our earthbending? I mean at that point unless they are actually challenging enough I doubt we would even need our earthbending. Just look at those mooks we took out without effort a few updates back.
Mostly because I doubt our Strong Fist will ever be just as good as our bending. It compliments our bending, and it will be very helpful to use them together, but it isn't going to ever be better
S Rank Strong Fist: Punch through the hull of a ship
S Rank Earthbending: Throw around literal mountains.

Mostly because I doubt our Strong Fist will ever be just as good as our bending. It compliments our bending, and it will be very helpful to use them together, but it isn't going to ever be better
S Rank Strong Fist: Punch through the hull of a ship
S Rank Earthbending: Throw around literal mountains.

1) If we combine S strong fist, S physical stats, S Speed and S Body of steel I am thinking we may be able to challenge even the avatar in the avatar due to the sheer bullshit and have pretty good chances against anyone that isn't the avatar. Hell non benders like Tai Lee were able to fight elite benders and win and that was with normal human stats. If someone threw a mountain at us we would likely either get out the way or punch through it. Also knockoff gates.

2) We are likely going to be in urban enviorments like the city where doing big stuff with earthbending is undesireable. If we need to use a lot of earthbending carrying around a small pouch isn't going to be of much use anyway.

@Astaroh-M How would we Li do against someone with S or A bending if he went up against them using nothing but Strong fist but had all S in physical skills and body of steel?

1) If we combine S strong fist, S physical stats, S Speed and S Body of steel I am thinking we may be able to challenge even the avatar in the avatar due to the sheer bullshit and have pretty good chances against anyone that isn't the avatar. Hell non benders like Tai Lee were able to fight elite benders and win and that was with normal human stats. If someone threw a mountain at us we would likely either get out the way or punch through it. Also knockoff gates.

2) We are likely going to be in urban enviorments like the city where doing big stuff with earthbending is undesireable. If we need to use a lot of earthbending carrying around a small pouch isn't going to be of much use anyway.
1) That's 4 stats that we would have to raise to S rank, compared to just one. And yeah, we could challenge the Avatar with just those, I never said we couldn't, hell we'd probably decimate your normal avatar. Just said they'd be less powerful than the S Rank Earthbending. Avatars might have S Rank Power when they do bending, but they seem to only have A rank control, and sometimes not even that. Korra in particular seemed to only ever get a power boost from her Avatar State, no super fighting skills.

2) I think you are exaggerating the potential for collateral damage. The fight Korra got in only messed up the roads (easily fixed with a few stomps), two shop windows, and a couple clocks/pots/etc. Unless we are completely uncaring in our fights, I doubt we'd cause more damage than that. While we COULD level every building in a couple blocks, only a fight against another Master Earthbender would require us to pull out stops like that. And even then, we might not have to go all out like that. As seen against the fight with the Giant Mech, Bolin has the ability to topple buildings, yet he never pulls anything like that in his fights against normal people.

Votes close, can someone give me a tally please?
Vote Tally : The Green Beast of the South (Legend of Korra Quest) | Page 97 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4

[23] Focus on defending your team.
[5] Focus on throwing the other team off the arena.
[4] Build a wall of unconnected disks, and slowly but inevitably push the other team off the arena. Become a legend, break new ground, be the reason for a new rule.

Total No. of Voters: 32
@Astaroh-M How would we Li do against someone with S or A bending if he went up against them using nothing but Strong fist but had all S in physical skills and body of steel?
A fairer question would be how Li with S in all physical skills and strong fist and body of steel, would do against someone with S in Bending, and all sub-skills. Earthbending would have Direct Control, Remote Control, Dustbending, Metalbending, Seismic Sense, Lavabending, and who knows what else at S.

Last edited:
@Astaroh-M Something just occured to me. According to Vaatu and Raava, they are suppose to be immortal, neither could destroy the other because if they did they'd just be reborn out of eachother. If that's the case, then what the heck would Zaheer's plan accomplish? Killing the Avatar in the Avatar State is suppose to kill the avatar, no more reincarnations. If he accomplished that, would that mean that Vaatu would have also bitten the dust? Or would Raava just be stuck in the sphere in the tree right beside him? Or is the belief that killing the Avatar in the Avatar State would stop the cycle just wrong? Cause I don't know where they got that idea, I don't think even Raava would know, considering such a spirit/human fusion has never happened before.

@Astaroh-M Something just occured to me. According to Vaatu and Raava, they are suppose to be immortal, neither could destroy the other because if they did they'd just be reborn out of eachother. If that's the case, then what the heck would Zaheer's plan accomplish? Killing the Avatar in the Avatar State is suppose to kill the avatar, no more reincarnations. If he accomplished that, would that mean that Vaatu would have also bitten the dust? Or would Raava just be stuck in the sphere in the tree right beside him? Or is the belief that killing the Avatar in the Avatar State would stop the cycle just wrong? Cause I don't know where they got that idea, I don't think even Raava would know, considering such a spirit/human fusion has never happened before.

I imagine the avatar cycle would end since since if both are killed they would both somehow respawn and go back to fighting each other making Raava to busy to do the whole Avatar thing. As for the avatar dying in the avatar state thing I would imagine that that's true due to the writers realizing that the avatart state needed a drawback to avoid making it too broken.

Raava may be immortal, but doing that would break her connection to Wan's soul, and since Raava is the one carrying the potential to bend all of the elements and powering the Avatar state, her having no connection to a human soul means no more Avatar.

She could probably make a new one if she found a human she liked enough, but it would be lacking all the previous incarnations.

Also no one has ever said that Bad guys have to be the brightest.

As for the avatar dying in the avatar state thing I would imagine that that's true due to the writers realizing that the avatart state needed a drawback to avoid making it too broken.
Just everyone believing it to be true is enough of a drawback. After all, there's no way to prove it false without risking it being true.
Raava may be immortal, but doing that would break her connection to Wan's soul, and since Raava is the one carrying the potential to bend all of the elements and powering the Avatar state, her having no connection to a human soul means no more Avatar.

She could probably make a new one if she found a human she liked enough, but it would be lacking all the previous incarnations.
Why would it break her connection to Wan's Soul? We saw that, even after she was physically pulled out of Korra, she still had a connection to every single other avatar. It took assault on Raava's own body for the connections to break, and odds are Vaatu was doing more than JUST hitting her with water, but was also doing some spirit stuff.
Also no one has ever said that Bad guys have to be the brightest.
Sure. Like I said there, Zaheer could easily be wrong. It's a thing that I try to make sure I do when watching/reading something, question how someone would know something. Lots of times, there is no way someone could know something, like what would happen if the Avatar died in the Avatar state.

Why would it break her connection to Wan's Soul? We saw that, even after she was physically pulled out of Korra, she still had a connection to every single other avatar.
What other Avatars? There's only one Avatar, that's what reincarnation means. Korra is Wan. Just as she is Aang and Kyoshi and every single Avatar that has ever lived. It's all one soul, just with new bodies.

Raava doesn't go off and find a new person when the Avatar dies, she follows Wan's soul into its new life.

Last edited:
I think they would be very even, body of steel at S would let Li tank many powerful attacks.

If the Avatar dies, Raava dies, after a while she would rivive from Vaatu, which mean that they would begin to fight immediately, and with the two spirits too busy with each other, then here won't be an Avatar, that's what I assume will happen.

What other Avatars? There's only one Avatar, that's what reincarnation means. Korra is Wan. Just as she is Aang and Kyoshi and every single Avatar that has ever lived. It's all one soul, just with new bodies.

Raava doesn't go off and find a new person when the Avatar dies, she follows Wan's soul into its new life.
The other reincarnations are the other Avatars. They are often referred to as other people, even when it is just reincarnation like you said. The Avatar before Korra is referred to as such, not Korra's Previous Life.
And I'm not too sure it's all JUST one soul. You can lose your connection to one avatar without losing it to another, when Vaatu was assaulting Raava, the connections were destroyed in reverse order, with Wan being the last to go.
If the Avatar dies, Raava dies, after a while she would rivive from Vaatu, which mean that they would begin to fight immediately, and with the two spirits too busy with each other, then here won't be an Avatar, that's what I assume will happen.
I wonder if their combined might would allow them to escape the ball in the tree. Or if they'd just be stuck there, forever.

Sure. Like I said there, Zaheer could easily be wrong. It's a thing that I try to make sure I do when watching/reading something, question how someone would know something. Lots of times, there is no way someone could know something, like what would happen if the Avatar died in the Avatar state.

...Dude I think you are one of those people that really overthinks things. Simple explanation is someone knew it from a source of information from either a book/scroll written by someone who knew about it, likely from one of the avatars, or possibly a spirit who somehow knew about it.

Just everyone believing it to be true is enough of a drawback. After all, there's no way to prove it false without risking it being true.

I imagine that it is in fact true since if it's not the writers would have had the problem of having tension in the story since there would literally be nothing from stopping th Avatar from entering the Avatar state since there is no drawback to it. So Doylist answer it was added to keep tension in the story.

...Dude I think you are one of those people that really overthinks things. Simple explanation is someone knew it from a source of information from either a book/scroll written by someone who knew about it, likely from one of the avatars, or possibly a spirit who somehow knew about it.
It's not overthinking if I enjoy that amount of thinking.
And then the question is how the person who wrote that book/scroll knew, or how the avatar knew, or how the spirit knew. Did Raava do this Avatar gig some eons ago, a couple dozen convergences prior, and learn from then that if the human host bit the dust, so did the connection?
I imagine that it is in fact true since if it's not the writers would have had the problem of having tension in the story since there would literally be nothing from stopping th Avatar from entering the Avatar state since there is no drawback to it. So Doylist answer it was added to keep tension in the story.
Everyone beliving it to be true would have the same effect, regardless of it's really true. Things would only become different if the avatar died in the avatar state. Which never happened. So the tension is still there, even if it's wrong.

If someone is pointing a gun at someone and threatening to shoot, it doesn't matter if the gun is empty if everyone believes that it's loaded. There is just as much tension. Things would only change when they pull the trigger and no bullet comes out. If the trigger is never pulled, the "risk" is still there.

Round 1, Go!
[x] Focus on defending your team.

As soon as the game began I decided to play defensively, I knew I could defeat the other team very quickly, but this wasn't really a fight, it was a game, I wanted to enjoy to its fullest.

Cautions: E+++ >>> D (O O)

"I will protect you! Focus on pushing them!" I said while levitating 4 earth disks and immediately blocking a fireball from the opposing team.

Block: D++ (O O) >>> D++ (X O)

"OK!" Ayane yelled and began to punch like crazy, creating a barrage of fireballs at the enemy team earthbender, that didn't have any options other than to roll to the side.

Only to by pushed by a water jet, courtesy of our waterbender, sending him to the zone 2.

"Good job Sorak!" I praised him.

"Tha… thanks," he whispered, luckily he was by my side, so I had no problem hearing him.

I keep moving the disks to block their attacks while leaving space to my teammates to fight back.

After a minute the other team began to look more and more frustrated, and it seemed like they decided to take it out on me. Soon all of their attacks were at my direction.

I blocked them as fast as I could but they could destroy the disks faster than I could pull them out.

Body of Steel: D++ (X O) >>> D+++ (O O)

Luckily I wasn't alone, with their attention on me, Ayane and Sorak were able to push back their water and fire benders respectively.

Just before the sound of a ring was heard, signaling the end of the round.

"Round 1 ends! Winner: Blue Team!"

"Yeah! Good job guys!" Ayane celebrated.

"Sa… same."

"You were great too!" I yelled with a smile.

"Ok, ok enough chit chat, round 2 begins, now!" The trainer exclaimed.

"You're going down dirtbender!" One of the boys in the other team yelled, I think it was their earthbender.

It seems like I was their target this time.

[] Focus on defending your team.
[] Focus on gaining zones.
[] Focus on throwing the other team off the arena.
[] Write-in

----------
AN: I chuckle with the people that wanted Li to form a big wall of earth disks, the other team would simply began to destroy the disk very fast, and besides there has to be some space for your teammates to attack.

Last edited:
"You're going down dirtbender!" One of the boys in the other team yelled, I think it was their earthbender.
Well, we ARE quite adept at bending dirt. Sadly, we aren't allows to show that off this round.

Anyways, not sure if we should keep it up or not. They are starting to adjust to our fighting style. Though, important question @Astaroh-M We aren't allowed to break up rocks into smaller pieces, but can we take those smaller pieces and recreate the bigger rock? Would make our shields pretty much indestructible, since we'd just keep reforming them.

Back