The Great Age of Piracy [One Piece]

"Right. I trust you."

Better get some books on woodworking. Mainly for her. For reference, obviously.

"Right, gotcha, Orphie!" Via grinned, slipping her hands in her pockets as she considered something. "Hmm... Well, we got a couple of crates on board, and sooner or later we're gonna have to bust one of them open. I'll see if I can't make a raft or something out of the scraps for practice!"

"Right, gotcha, Orphie!" Via grinned, slipping her hands in her pockets as she considered something. "Hmm... Well, we got a couple of crates on board, and sooner or later we're gonna have to bust one of them open. I'll see if I can't make a raft or something out of the scraps for practice!"

"It sounds like a good idea but first check to see if they are needed for something. I don't want to get rid of something that could be useful in the future."

I breathed. The sea air filled my lungs and wind flowed around me. It was a fantastic sensation.

"Aye!" I then pull the bell-holding rope. That's the one that rings the bells.
I hope.

The storm-bell ring and I whip my head around , just to see the newbie pulling the rope attached.

"What the...?"

I was about to start to yell, when I remembered what I said mere moments ago.

"Pull the other one, it has bells on it!"

I facepalm and then shout.

"I meant to not lie to me, not to ring the storm-bell! It's a figure of speech!"

Gods above, but did this boy grew under a rock?

The storm-bell ring and I whip my head around , just to see the newbie pulling the rope attached.

"What the...?"

I was about to start to yell, when I remembered what I said mere moments ago.

"Pull the other one, it has bells on it!"

I facepalm and then shout.

"I meant to not lie to me, not to ring the storm-bell! It's a figure of speech!"

Gods above, but did this boy grew under a rock?

"No one ever says that!" I say with a hint of annoyance.
I mean, who says that? I then tie the bell ringing rope back.

Last edited:
"In the East Blue they do! And now tell me what you were swearing or your next lesson will be a combat one! With Ryu!"

I shout back, waving at Ryu to support me.

@GneFenG

Blinking a little at being suddenly he thought about it before shrugging.

"Nope, never heard of that saying and I lived in east blue all my life!"

He then heard the other part and smiled. Approaching the duo with one hand on his sword he answered back.

"That sounds good! I was starting to get a little bored! And I need to stay sharp!"

He then heard the other part and smiled. Approaching the duo with one hand on his sword he answered back.

"That sounds good! I was starting to get a little bored! And I need to stay sharp!"

I then look towards Ryu. I then look at Orphan.

Sigh. Looks like I have no choice.

I turn and crack my hands. "Let's go then."

I then look towards Ryu. I then look at Orphan.

Sigh. Looks like I have no choice.

I turn and crack my hands. "Let's go then."

"Don't be so sad. It's important for us to know what you can and you can't do. If we don't, how would we know what kind of pirate things you can do?"

I asked, very reasonable, smiling.

"Now, all is good, but no killing, maiming or incapacitating. If me or Via say stop, then you stop. There will be no victor or loser, this is for see what you can and can't do."

I looked at both of them to see if they had understood what I said.

"Ready? Begin!"

@Luigilewis889

"Don't be so sad. It's important for us to know what you can and you can't do. If we don't, how would we know what kind of pirate things you can do?"

I asked, very reasonable, smiling.

"Now, all is good, but no killing, maiming or incapacitating. If me or Via say stop, then you stop. There will be no victor or loser, this is for see what you can and can't do."

I looked at both of them to see if they had understood what I said.

"Ready? Begin!"

"Right. If Orphie or I say stop, stop. Twenty beri on Ryu." She leaned against the mast, hands in her pocket and one foot flat against the wooden pole.

@Gruber dude

After seeing him confused because of Orphan, Ryu quickly went to him and lashes his legs to make him lose balance before thrusting his sword in his stomach.

GURPH! Wrong opponent! I leap over the swing and get hit square in the stomach. I slide back from the blow, but I still stand.

"Nice try bud, but I'm not that fragile!" I then step towards my true opponent Ryu and deliver a one-two strike!

Last edited:
GURPH! Wrong opponent! I leap over the swing and get hit square in the stomach. I slide back from the blow, but I still stand.

"Nice try bud, but I'm not that fragile!" I then step towards my true opponent Ryu and deliver a one-two strike!

Not too fast, but really resistant. And I bet those hit will hurt a lot too.

Quickly, he dodged the two hits. He then went closer and did a feint before finishing with a fast slash from the right.

SHIT! Not enough time to dodge! But I gotta do something! ANYTHING!!

Then unconsciously, I block the sword with my right arm! But......I don't bleed. Instead, It seems to have clanged against it.

SHIT! Not enough time to dodge! But I gotta do something! ANYTHING!!

Then unconsciously, I block the sword with my right arm! But......I don't bleed. Instead, It seems to have clanged against it.

...What.

Jumping back, Ryu observed as the Arm that blocked his sword gained a metallic tint.

"A devil fruit?!"

@Blackout @Sinsystems

Bauer panted as he sprinted to his crew, the bruise from the lieutenant commander covering most of his cheek.

"Boys, boys we gotta get out of here! I got in a tussle with a marine, they're gonna want our heads. Damned if it didn't feel down taking him a down a peg, though!" Eric took a moment to smile as he remembered launching Brock into a wall. "But either way we gotta go. You guys snatch anything good during all that?"

Back