Sympathy for the Forsaken: A Warcraft-AU CK2 Quest

[X]Create a New Brain: The Forsaken will never be slaves again, nor will they be slavers. It will cost much more, and public outcry demands it be done as soon as possible, but a new Abomination brain must be made. Sylvanas can work privately with Belmont to address the concerns about Puttress. Abominations not able to be created. Design A Better Brain action unlocked. Blighted Council Request will be created. Puttress will gain monopoly over Abomination brains

I concur with the masses, we should make a new brain!

Last edited:
Warfront Turn 2
Warfront Turn 2

[X] Pushing the Fields
76 + 23 (Sylvanas Martial) = 99 VS 45 = Great Success​

The split in the Scourge forces in Alterac Valley proved a great boon for the combined Forsaken-Frostwolf forces. While neither faction was openly fighting with the other, the minor skirmishes and shared distrust served to weaken their lines and make sure that neither would reinforce the other. Several strong points along the frontline where Altearci and Stormpike forces had previously held joint control were taken, as half of their garrisons had been forced out.

Over a week of constant fighting the Fields of Strife were taken with relatively low losses, at least compared to the usual level of heavy fighting. While the Frostwolves took most of the casualties, fighting fiercely to defend their home, the Forsaken expedition also became bloodied. However, despite this loss of life, the coalition lines pushed up to the edge of properly Scourge held territory.

This campaign concluded with a battle for the bunker network surrounding Stonehearth Outpost. Captain Phillips, fresh out of bedrest, proved his worth once more as her personally led squads of Dreadguard into the tight confines of bunkers and trenches. With the fall of these fortifications prepeartions for the siege of Stonehearth Outpost, and further intrusion into Stormpike holdings, can begin. Furthermore Korrak and Winteraxe hold, along with the bulk of Syndicate forces, have been cut off from the Stormpikes proper.

Reward: Fields of Strife Taken. Stonehearth under siege. Scourge forces cut off from each other.

[X]Candlelight Meetings
39 + 12 (Sylvanas Diplomacy) = 51 vs 50 = Bare Success​

Meeting with the kobolds of Alterac Valley proves to be difficult. Used to attack and deprivation from other races, most kobolds assume the worst when a party of armed undead show up at their doorstep. The kobolds who have taken up residence in Coldtooth Mine are no exception and Vellcinda's attempts to bargain and meet with the tribe residing there was fraught with frustration and annoyance. Typically the kobolds would hide away inside the mine, refusing to make contact with the diplomats. When entry was attempted rocks, spears and traps were thrown against the expedition's armed guards. A few of the warriors assigned to protect the diplomats darkly muttered that they should just wipe the whole colony out.

However Vellcinda was a stubborn woman in her own warm way, and the agents she had trained up in the Foreign Service had taken on this quality as well. Through offerings of candles, kind words and sheer persistence a rapport was slowly developed between the diplomats and the kobolds. Eventually a deal was reached, though a quite limited one.

In exchange for a supply of candles and a promise not to attack the mine, the kobolds would export a small amount of iron and copper taken from the mine to the Frostwolves and the Forsaken. While much less than what had been hoped, Vellcinda pointed out that this opened up the door for future cooperation. They had learned the name of the tribe, Whitewhisker, and the identity of its leader. A particularly ill tempered kobold named Snivvle. As further trust was developed the kobolds could be integrated into the community of Alterac Valley fully, and the Frostwolves returned to the mine.

"They had better." Drek'thar had groused.

Cost: 100 Gold
Reward: Small amount of trade between Kobolds and Frostwolves. Further Options

[X]Taming the Hawk
98 + 14 (Sylvanas Intrigue) VS 45 = Great Success​

It is late at night when the two groups meet in the ruins of a burned out watchtower on the edges of the Fields of Strife. The two undead watch as the small party of humans rises up from the snow banks nearest the tower and comes to join them, one of them lighting a small lantern.

"More men than I thought he'd bring." Belmont whispers to Sylvanas. "He must be confident in both their loyalty and their ability."

Sylvanas just nods as Ryson enters. He is a tall human man, gaunt and somewhat sallow in the face. Sunken eyes stare at her just above his purple facemask. Hunger and a hard life marked his face, Sylvanas knew enough to recognize the mien of a career criminal when she saw one.

"Lady Sylvanas." His voice is rough and gravelly. "I am taking quite a risk meeting with you." He leaves the statement to hang in the air.

"As much of a risk as you're taking being in this valley?" She asks. "My men have just forced the Scourge back quite a ways. How many good Alteraci have you lost in the snowfields."

"Our losses have been high." He says bluntly. "Your people are good warriors. Almost as good as the Scourge itself." He looks to the south for a moment. "I will be open: I do not wish to be here. I do not wish to fight for some corpse in the north who puppeters the ruined body of the king I devoted my life to."

"But," he crosses his arms, "I cannot abandon this post. If word reaches Alterac of my 'cowardice' I'll be cooked. Aliden, even in his fallen state, punishes treachery harshly."

"Then defect." Sylvanas says. "Join the Forsaken. One day we will free Alterac, liberate it from the Scourge that makes a mockery of its traditions."

"I cannot." Ryson shakes his head. "My family still lives in the Capital City. I have risked enough by getting in contact with Lord Falconcrest already."

Sylvanas grimaces. "I see. Could you not move your family to where this 'Lord Falconcrest' holds power?"

He sighs. "I wish. But the capital is under martial law, and all roads heading to Stromgarde, where the Free hold sway, are under blockade. I would have moved my family myself if I were able."

She nods. "Then do not help us openly. We have cut you off, trapped you with gnolls of dubious loyalty. Any breakout attempt would be doomed to failure." She stares him down. "Stay in your cave, get us in contact with the gnolls. When we take Dun Baldr I'll move enough troops for the siege that you can make your 'breakout' and pullback to Alterac."

Ryson closes his eyes for a long time before nodding. "I can do that, aye. The artifice will be hard, but its not the first time I've pulled a scheme like that. We did something similar while getting 'peacekeeper' units to defect during the occupation."

"Good, good." Sylvanas smiles. "One day the Scourge will be swept from our lands. One day both of our homes will be freed from the Lich King's grasp."

"I'll hold you to that." Ryson says. "And I'll send word of this to Lord Falconcrest. If you can establish control over Silverpine and get a working supply line to Stromgarde you would help our cause much."

With that he leaves, disappearing back into the snow.

"Is he telling the truth?" Sylvanas says to Belmont. "Will he keep his deal?"

The spymaster thinks for a few seconds before nodding slowly. "I'm not sure how much of his backstory is true, but I think he will keep his word."

She nods and rolls her shoulders. "Good, thats one less thing to worry about."

Cost: 100 Gold

Reward: Contact made with Ryson. Valley Syndicate will not interfere with Forsaken-Frostwolf Operations. Gnoll Options. Possible Free Syndicate contact??

((I had a crazy few months which delayed work on all my writing projects significantly. I've started doing a creative day with IRL friends every week, so that should hopefully increase the frequency of updates.))

yooooooooooooo

it's back
EDIT FOR NO DOUBLEPOST: Anyway, do we have a plan for next turn? I'll admit, I'm mostly here for the characters. (Sylvanas is, of course, a treat, but I've found myself growing to like Varimathras. Hope he doesn't turn out to be... well, he's already evil, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be a traitor.)

Last edited:
It liiiiiives! So great to see an update and progress on the warfront! I hope it updates again sooner!

yooooooooooooo

it's back
EDIT FOR NO DOUBLEPOST: Anyway, do we have a plan for next turn? I'll admit, I'm mostly here for the characters. (Sylvanas is, of course, a treat, but I've found myself growing to like Varimathras. Hope he doesn't turn out to be... well, he's already evil, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be a traitor.)
Well, I guess we'll just have to spam relationship points with him so that he doesn't!!

Sorry about the crazy few months, if it was a bad sort of crazy, at least, but glad to see more of this, and good luck!

Very happy to see this back in action.

While the Candlelight Meetings could have gone better, this overall has been a big win for us all in the Alterac war. We're making big gains on the battlefield and got a foot in the door with the Kobolds and a even bigger one with the Syndicate.

Okay, looking back over the previous updates, it looks the immediate problems he have to deal with this upcoming turn are being overstretched in Silverpine (which, since Fort Fenris comes online next turn, might help with that) and cultural tensions from non-humans settling in Port Solliden. There's also the matter of the Legion messing around in the ruins of Dalaran, and the Scourge right across the border.

So, Martial, Diplo, Intrigue, Intrigue?

Will we get Council Power improvements with sylvanas spending time away from Undercity fighting in the valley?

I wonder if we would have improved their power by not building a brain and creating discontent they could represent, but it wouldnt be worth the moral degradation anyway.

Okay, looking back over the previous updates, it looks the immediate problems he have to deal with this upcoming turn are being overstretched in Silverpine (which, since Fort Fenris comes online next turn, might help with that) and cultural tensions from non-humans settling in Port Solliden. There's also the matter of the Legion messing around in the ruins of Dalaran, and the Scourge right across the border.

So, Martial, Diplo, Intrigue, Intrigue?

Silverpine always been a problem with Worgen which been said will get worst every turn so that's a giver. So we should have Abominations at the ready to give us a hand there and in Alterac.

Port Solliden might depend on Stewardship, and Piety too, but now we have the Her Majesty's Royal Foreign Service last turn, we can do more on the Diplo front.

Fort Fenris should help with both Silverpine and whatever is going on in Dalaran ruins and the Argus Wake.

Back