While everyone was discussing what had occured, Lilac thought that Vile had the right idea.

"We won't find out what is this place or why any of us got warped here just by standing there. Follow me!" called Lilac before turning to the direction of the gunfire and then running toward it.

Carol sighed. On one hand, here went her best friend again, running straight toward trouble. On another hand, they would not accomplish anything by standing still. "Try to keep up, okay?"

No need to keep up exactly. This time, she went actually on foot, just running after her. She can always follow from a safe distance and intervene if anything goes wrong. And if nothing does, she'll probably catch details the dragoness will have overlooked in her dash toward the next bit of trouble they'll get into.

She wonder if that biplane that Mugman got is equipped with any weapons. Some air support would be nice.

Mugman

Seeing the others run towards the gunfire (again), Mugman started to pull out his Aeroplane.

"Yep. Doesn't look too inviting..." Sam mused, stroking through his beard as he weighed his options. "Hey Mugman, same formation as last time?" He then asked, intent to go check it out supportes by a nod of the head in the action's direction.

"Good idea! I'll have to fly low though, since they're shooting at the glowy critters and I don't want them shooting at me." Mugman says as he starts up the engine and gestures for him to hop aboard. Once Jetstream Sam hops aboard, Mugman starts flying off with his Biplane. Flying low, not going above the buildings avoiding becoming a target for the unknown gunfire.

Rene Petit
--------------
As Winter called out a warning over the comms, Rene turned to face the three unknowns. "I see them, Hotel 3-2," he said into the comms. "Alert-" he cut himself off. Firebrand wasn't here. "Keep an eye out if they decide to come closer," he amended. Then, he turned to the group at large, jamming a thumb at the three UFOs. "You see those things?" he asked them.

Mox's head snapped around, quickly focusing in on where the sniper had indicated, regardless of how he could barely see the UFO's over the buildings.

"Hotel 1 acknowledges." He growled, scanning the small spaces in between the crumbling structures until...there. A group of flying dots, likely more lava creatures. And then, gunfire in the distance. Best stay away from there the-

Wait, what, we are going to run towards the hostiles? Of course, Mox didn't particularly care about these possible Advent proxy's, but even he knew not to run towards a fight that didn't need fighting. Especially so soon after being almost killed by similar creatures. Judging by the gunfire the attacked group clearly wasn't defenseless, so....

"Amateurs." Muttered Mox, making no current attempt to follow yet.
Aleksandr Kasanov
~~~~~STEALTHED~~~~~
Alex couldn't quite say he was surprised when a large chunk of the group decided to split off and run towards the new source of gunfire. Ballistic gunfire at that. "3-1, 3-3, I'm gonna follow those who're running off. Keep an eye on them and make sure they don't try to turn back and attack us or anything." Since everyone he could see was either a friendly, had already left, or was occupied by the gunfire, Alex deemed it safe enough for him to leave his meager cover of a wrecked car. Sticking to the shadows, Alex took off full tilt in the direction of the gunfire, though using a different road.

"Good idea! I'll have to fly low though, since they're shooting at the glowy critters and I don't want them shooting at me." Mugman says as he starts up the engine and gestures for him to hop aboard. Once Jetstream Sam hops aboard, Mugman starts flying off with his Biplane. Flying low, not going above the buildings avoiding becoming a target for the unknown gunfire.

Sam unsheathed Murasama this time as he got on the biplane, readying himself for the shock of the takeoff. "I appreciate the concer for our wellbeing, but don't worry too much about the bullets. As long ad I can see them coming they're not going to be hitting us." He reassured, raising his blade up into a guard stance as to be prepared for any incoming projectiles.

He'd been dealing with assault rifle bearing professionals outnumbering him ever since dayone of his career. If a gunman thought they could tag him they'd be more than welcome to try and be added to the list of idiots who brought a gun to a swordfight.

@Takoe
@GradeonMagus
@EternalStruggle
@Dust and echoes
@Laplace
@Malbutorius
@Insufficient Dakka
@Lunaryon
@Mew
As you carefully stay hidden and watch the proceedings, you notice something odd- three glowing red-orange dots, flying over the city from inland toward the ocean. None of them were nearby, though, so you could wait a little and stay vigilant.

However, when you hear the sound of gunpowder weapons go off in the direction the dots had been flying... it was easy to put two and two together, and get a not-so-pretty picture.
Xan watched the trio of flying glowing... things, gritting her teeth as she heard moments later the sounds of... cannons? Bombs? Hell if she knew, hell if she really cared at the moment as flying things were...

...well, considering how high they were, not something she could do much about other than dodge.
While everyone was discussing what had occured, Lilac thought that Vile had the right idea.

"We won't find out what is this place or why any of us got warped here just by standing there. Follow me!" called Lilac before turning to the direction of the gunfire and then running toward it.

Carol sighed. On one hand, here went her best friend again, running straight toward trouble. On another hand, they would not accomplish anything by standing still. "Try to keep up, okay?"

No need to keep up exactly. This time, she went actually on foot, just running after her. She can always follow from a safe distance and intervene if anything goes wrong. And if nothing does, she'll probably catch details the dragoness will have overlooked in her dash toward the next bit of trouble they'll get into.

She wonder if that biplane that Mugman got is equipped with any weapons. Some air support would be nice.
Mugman

Seeing the others run towards the gunfire (again), Mugman started to pull out his Aeroplane.

Sam unsheathed Murasama this time as he got on the biplane, readying himself for the shock of the takeoff. "I appreciate the concer for our wellbeing, but don't worry too much about the bullets. As long ad I can see them coming they're not going to be hitting us." He reassured, raising his blade up into a guard stance as to be prepared for any incoming projectiles.

He'd been dealing with assault rifle bearing professionals outnumbering him ever since dayone of his career. If a gunman thought they could tag him they'd be more than welcome to try and be added to the list of idiots who brought a gun to a swordfight.
...Until she saw that the others in her... arrival party were deciding to follow the Boba Fett-looking dude's charge after the flying things. Letting out a silent groan of exasperation, Xan turned her bike around to follow at a slight distance again. Considering the whole... lava thing, she didn't think there was much she could reasonably contribute to the fight if it broke out. Sure, she had weapons she could pull out of her own body, but doubted they'd been tested by being dumped in actual friggin' magma.

Rene Petit
------------
Rene, contrary to his image, did not follow, instead staying with Mox. After all, he doubted that he could help in a battle in the skies. What could he do, flail desperatly and hope that the unknowns would oblige to enter CQC range? No, far better to wait and see.

Sidling alongside Mox, he conversationally said, "so, I heard you took a fall."
@Dust and echoes

Mugman

The plane takes off easily, and the two of you quickly catch up with the surprisingly quick figures, now hovering over a small motorboat, from which you could espy someone human looking using some sort of weapon to shoot large, blue projectiles at the creatures... which were butt ugly. Some sort of fusion of a bat and a firebird, their horned heads peered down balefully at the boat as they formed bombs beneath their claws, before letting them drop.

Iblis Takers
"Well I'z ain't a beekee, I kan tell ya dat." Gormaw made a throaty laugh at Sam's deduction skills. "Right shame den. 'Ope dat rokk monsta ain't all dat wanders round, dey ain't propa fung."

Gormaw's pointed ears twitched, excitement on the ork's face.

"Oh, wen dere's dakka dere's fung! 'Sept for tin 'eads an' maybe gribbliez, but dat dakka don't sound like dem!" The greenskin licked his chops at the thought of what food they could get. Ooman food wasn't nearly as satisfying as a hunk of squig meat, but there was almost always plenty of it to go around. Just had to make sure they didn't find you taking it either, Gormaw was lucky he had such an open minded rogue trader for a boss when he was found eating what was once an enemy cultist, otherwise he probably would have been left behind on that space hulk with whatever still lived there as company.

Vile looked sharply in the direction of the new shots as the group began talking about new targets. Well then, looks like a chance to either find more summons or maybe some people who actually have a clue where they all need to be. If nothing else, it was a chance to rack up his kill count yet higher, and Vile was never going to turn down such an opportunity.

While the group was still in discussion, the purple Reploid ran off towards the sound of conflict, targeting systems online and with a deadly focus, waiting for none of the group. Even if he ever admitted he might need help, he certainly didn't need any to deal with what sounded like a small firefight.

Luna glanced between the running reploid, and the group behind her.

"So... you guys coming?" She asked with a grin. Huh...

You know, she'd never really gotten a chance to fight before this. She'd never really fought at all - sure, she trained with Ivy and under the watchful eye of the still recovering Harley, or with Bat and his brats.

But she'd never gotten the chance to actually go out and fight crime or anything.

And just the idea of it is sending her blood pumping... in that metaphorical sense, since she doesn't actually have any blood.

Regardless, not waiting for an answer, the girl let out a short laugh as she followed.

Mox's head snapped around, quickly focusing in on where the sniper had indicated, regardless of how he could barely see the UFO's over the buildings.

"Hotel 1 acknowledges." He growled, scanning the small spaces in between the crumbling structures until...there. A group of flying dots, likely more lava creatures. And then, gunfire in the distance. Best stay away from there the-

Wait, what, we are going to run towards the hostiles? Of course, Mox didn't particularly care about these possible Advent proxy's, but even he knew not to run towards a fight that didn't need fighting. Especially so soon after being almost killed by similar creatures. Judging by the gunfire the attacked group clearly wasn't defenseless, so....

"Amateurs." Muttered Mox, making no current attempt to follow yet.

Aleksandr Kasanov
~~~~~STEALTHED~~~~~
Alex couldn't quite say he was surprised when a large chunk of the group decided to split off and run towards the new source of gunfire. Ballistic gunfire at that. "3-1, 3-3, I'm gonna follow those who're running off. Keep an eye on them and make sure they don't try to turn back and attack us or anything." Since everyone he could see was either a friendly, had already left, or was occupied by the gunfire, Alex deemed it safe enough for him to leave his meager cover of a wrecked car. Sticking to the shadows, Alex took off full tilt in the direction of the gunfire, though using a different road.

Xan watched the trio of flying glowing... things, gritting her teeth as she heard moments later the sounds of... cannons? Bombs? Hell if she knew, hell if she really cared at the moment as flying things were...

...well, considering how high they were, not something she could do much about other than dodge.

...Until she saw that the others in her... arrival party were deciding to follow the Boba Fett-looking dude's charge after the flying things. Letting out a silent groan of exasperation, Xan turned her bike around to follow at a slight distance again. Considering the whole... lava thing, she didn't think there was much she could reasonably contribute to the fight if it broke out. Sure, she had weapons she could pull out of her own body, but doubted they'd been tested by being dumped in actual friggin' magma.
It doesn't take long for the group to arrive: First Lilac, then Xantra, closely followed by the rest.

What you see is a relatively normal-looking human swearing profusely within a small metal motorboat, obviously cobbled together, as he hoists a clockwork abomination against firearms up to his shoulder and lets loose yet another large blue projectile at the hovering creatures overhead... that would soon be accosted by Sam and Mugman.

Mugman

The plane takes off easily, and the two of you quickly catch up with the surprisingly quick figures, now hovering over a small motorboat, from which you could espy someone human looking using some sort of weapon to shoot large, blue projectiles at the creatures... which were butt ugly. Some sort of fusion of a bat and a firebird, their horned heads peered down balefully at the boat as they formed bombs beneath their claws, before letting them drop.

Iblis Takers

Mugman grinned as he switched his machine guns on.

"Hang on tight because we're going in hot!" He yells, giving out a whoop as he starts firing wildly at the enemy fliers, the duel machine guns roaring to life. Rule one of the fighting he encountered of the Inkwell Isles, never stop shooting.

He'd never fought with a passenger before, but Jetstream Sam has to be good on planes right? Jetstream was the wind area behind an Aeroplane Mugman thought. Mugman tried to shoot their bombs too, of course, if he had to parry them he might not be able to since it'd require a flip to get some fluid through his straw to do so.

Rushing forward, Luna closed her fist around the seed in her hand, allowing the energies that filled her body to swirl into it, shaping and editing the genetics of the acorn - faster and faster.

Flying fire creatures. Of course it had to be fire creatures. But they were flying, and they were dropping things on the poor humans down there.

First things first. Leaping up, the girl allowed her instincts to lead her through, spinning round and round. It wasn't as clean as Harley used to be able to do, but it still allowed the girl the momentum to toss the acorn with quite a bit of force. It slammed into the ground before the ramshackle defenses that the human had set up. It took only moments for the slimy black tentacles to surge forth, weaving themselves up and around the ramshackle defenses that the human had crafted. The vines adjusted and reinforced the structure without taking up much room inside at all.

Most importantly, on the outside of the structure were a number of inky black vines that waved lazily in the air, waiting to smack away anything that came flying towards them. Particularly anything overly hot.

The avatar of the green rolled as she landed, bleeding off a decent portion of her momentum, before slapping the edge of her blade on the ground, her mind shifting the blade instead into a wide, flat surface.

Bats are just like flies. Only more annoying and they shit on everything. So a good way to handle them is the same way that you handle flies.

You swat them.

Keeping an eye on her new team, the girl pushed forward, leaping towards one of the buildings on the side of the road, either to land on the roof if it happens to be a first story building, or to push off the wall and leap back towards the bats if it happened to be a larger building.

Iblis Takers

It doesn't take long for the group to arrive: First Lilac, then Xantra, closely followed by the rest.

What you see is a relatively normal-looking human swearing profusely within a small metal motorboat, obviously cobbled together, as he hoists a clockwork abomination against firearms up to his shoulder and lets loose yet another large blue projectile at the hovering creatures overhead... that would soon be accosted by Sam and Mugman.

Mugman

"Hang on tight because we're going in hot!" He yells, giving out a whoop as he starts firing wildly at the enemy fliers, the duel machine guns roaring to life. Rule one of the fighting he encountered of the Inkwell Isles, never stop shooting.

He'd never fought with a passenger before, but Jetstream Sam has to be good on planes right? Jetstream was the wind area behind an Aeroplane Mugman thought. Mugman tried to shoot their bombs too, of course, if he had to parry them he might not be able to since it'd require a flip to get some fluid through his straw to do so.

Rushing forward, Luna closed her fist around the seed in her hand, allowing the energies that filled her body to swirl into it, shaping and editing the genetics of the acorn - faster and faster.

Flying fire creatures. Of course it had to be fire creatures. But they were flying, and they were dropping things on the poor humans down there.

First things first. Leaping up, the girl allowed her instincts to lead her through, spinning round and round. It wasn't as clean as Harley used to be able to do, but it still allowed the girl the momentum to toss the acorn with quite a bit of force. It slammed into the ground before the ramshackle defenses that the human had set up. It took only moments for the slimy black tentacles to surge forth, weaving themselves up and around the ramshackle defenses that the human had crafted. The vines adjusted and reinforced the structure without taking up much room inside at all.

Most importantly, on the outside of the structure were a number of inky black vines that waved lazily in the air, waiting to smack away anything that came flying towards them. Particularly anything overly hot.

The avatar of the green rolled as she landed, bleeding off a decent portion of her momentum, before slapping the edge of her blade on the ground, her mind shifting the blade instead into a wide, flat surface.

Bats are just like flies. Only more annoying and they shit on everything. So a good way to handle them is the same way that you handle flies.

You swat them.

Keeping an eye on her new team, the girl pushed forward, leaping towards one of the buildings on the side of the road, either to land on the roof if it happens to be a first story building, or to push off the wall and leap back towards the bats if it happened to be a larger building.
Aleksandr Kasanov
~~~~~STEALTHED~~~~~
Alex skidded around the corner in time to see Plantgirl make some sort of barrier out on the water, and that biplane begin strafing the Ugly Flying Objects. If performance against the lavasharkmonsterthings was indicative about how effective the Reaper's Shadow Lance would be, Alex would need to steal kills like a madman. He didn't have good positioning for a Sting, and chances to hit at this range were rather low. If he wanted to contribute to the fight, he would have to act quick.

The Reaper took a moment to consider whether helping kill the Ugly Flying Objects was worth it. On the one hand, he still didn't trust any of the people (To use the world liberally) who Mox and Rene had met after fighting the lavasharkmonsterthings, but on the other, there was probably a civilian under that barrier thing Plantgirl had made. And no matter what happened, protecting the civilians came first. That was what XCOM was about. Not killing the Ayys, not protecting the earth, but protecting the civilians. Even if it meant working with hated enemies like the Skirmishers.

"Sometimes, I hate having a goddamn moral compass." Alex muttered to himself as he lined up a shot on one of the UFOs being strafed by the Samurai Carrying Biplane. With the pull of a trigger, the Shadow Lance in the Reaper's hand jerked back slightly, and an emerald green ball of plasma flew towards the body of the Ugly Flying Object.

Aleksandr Kasanov
~~~~~STEALTHED~~~~~
"Copy that, Hotel 2." Grumbled Mox, glancing off down the street everyone had exited down. The Skirmisher sighed, shifted his gun into a more comfortable position, and set off after them at a moderate pace. No need to rush. Hopefully the flying things would be dead when he got there. (Or- he dared hope- everyone else would be dead when he got there.) and if not, he still had ammo to waste.

Pratal Mox couldn't quite get a read of their new "acquaintances", though he struggled to even call them that. What did they want? Were they here simply to fight? Did they think that if they kept fighting it would eventually lead them to answers? (To be fair, that was a philosophy the Mox dearly wished were true.) They obviously didn't seem to just kill anything in their way, his still being around was evidence of that, but then did they know more about- or harbor some special hatred for- the Lava creatures that Mox and his compatriots did not?

His months with the commander had taught him that to engage in combat was not a decision made lightly. There were neccessary engagements, and there were unnecessary engagements. A group of flying creatures, far away and already being engaged by somebody else seemed like an unnecessary engagement. But then again, what did he know? He was just a skirmisher.

Rene Petit
------------
Rene, contrary to his image, did not follow, instead staying with Mox. After all, he doubted that he could help in a battle in the skies. What could he do, flail desperatly and hope that the unknowns would oblige to enter CQC range? No, far better to wait and see.

Sidling alongside Mox, he conversationally said, "so, I heard you took a fall."
@Dust and echoes
"I have no clue what you are talking about." Mox replied flatly, and perhaps a little too quickly. "But I suggest for your sake you do not mention the fall I did not have again."

Mugman

"Roger!" Sam yelled back as he held on tight to the left wing as they went into the dogfight with more lava monsters, this time of the bat or pterodactyl variety.

It was a shame that he could only use his projected slashes when performing an iaido slash, because he'd love to help his pilot in the ceaseless stream of projectiles he was throwing out. Alas, he did not trust his footing 100% at these speeds and hights. So while he could certainly deliver flyby slashes or deflect attacks coming their way, he was going to have to hold off on using both hands for iaido.
Plumetting to your death while on vacation and not even going skydiving or bungee jumping was not a preferred way to go, let's put it like that.

Gormaw snarled as he saw the struggle. On the one hand, he finally had a chance to get some good licks in. On the other, it was more of the inedible lava creatures who had no meat on them or weapons to loot, plus these ones were flying and much harder to actually hit. Growling, Gormaw took aim with his slugga and miraculously fired eight hole rounds into the general suggestion of the Iblis Takers before jamming once more.

"WAAAGH!" he bellowed, a battlecry louder than even his crude gun as he charged to try and get closer to the general combat, giving his gun percussive maintenance along the way.

Vile looked skywards at the new enemies, considered his equipment and sighed.

It was all good and well if they ended up closer to the ground, but as it stood his ability to hit them was highly limited. The Straight Nightmare's immense kinetic force meant that firing it upwards would just end with him getting knocked over by recoil, and the Triple 7 was not the most accurate of weapons. His current armament was ill-suited to fighting aerial foes, which he knew but also figured that they'd be the swooping type. He was mistaken.

Angrily stomping away from the battle, once he was out of easy reach of the Iblis Takers he adjusted a circle of metal at his wrist and the base of his cannon. Once he confirmed the changes, Vile seized up as a loud, monotone androgynous voice cut through the air.

"Distance Needler
Nervous Ghost"

Muttering some angry statements under his breath, Vile rolled his head around to make sure everything worked after the weapon switching. Still grumbling, he turned around to see if the battle was over, which it most likely was by this point.

Lilac quickly caught up and came to a halt, Carol quickly catching up a few seconds later. Lilac and Carol's minds quickly analysed the situation and realized what was going on ; it's difficult to strike flying foes. Mugman and Sam could do it, thanks to Mugman's plane, but the others would have difficulty landing hits. Unless...

Lilac smirked confidently. "We're going to help that person. Let's bring those things in range!"

Not forgetting to switch her shield settings to fire elemental, a spherical sphere of fire engulfed her body for a moment. Then, she put a hand to the strange devices on the sides of her head. Her eyes briefly glowed as she then curled up and charged up, unleashing a Dragon Boost toward the strange beings. Then, once she closed the distance and reached the end of her momentum, she would spin and try to deliver a harsh whip-like motion alongside with a hard spinning kick, trying to punt one of the targets toward her group so that they may have a better chance of striking it with their weapons.

Having learnt from the fiasco of her first attempt, she had her shields set to fire ; as the shields allowed her to directly touch flames and not be affected by napalm and other intense sources of heat, it would hopefully allow her to succeed this time.

Back on the ground, Carol looked at the guy in the motorboat. Then, she looked at the water. Then, finally at Pangu floating nearby. Then she rolled her eyes.

"I hate flying enemies." she muttered before glancing at her new allies. "So! Anyone got spare energy parts? I reckon a wave motion laser blast would fix the current issue a lot faster than Lilac's current method."

"I have no clue what you are talking about." Mox replied flatly, and perhaps a little too quickly. "But I suggest for your sake you do not mention the fall I did not have again."
Rene Petit
-------
Rene followedthe Skirmisher, running in an easy, distance eating run. "Do not worry," he amicably said. "Not all can be possesed of such acuity of limb as I." To demonstrate his point, he did a frontflip, continuing to run when it was over.

"...Hey, stop shooting, we've got... ... ...people trying to stop your... uh... ...those bat things?", Xan called out from a distance to the human-looking guy, not wanting to get close considering her budding feeling of nausea again.

She hoped there would be somewhere she could get away from anything remotely human-like soon... even if they were creepy creatures such as Mugman.

Mugman

"Roger!" Sam yelled back as he held on tight to the left wing as they went into the dogfight with more lava monsters, this time of the bat or pterodactyl variety.

It was a shame that he could only use his projected slashes when performing an iaido slash, because he'd love to help his pilot in the ceaseless stream of projectiles he was throwing out. Alas, he did not trust his footing 100% at these speeds and hights. So while he could certainly deliver flyby slashes or deflect attacks coming their way, he was going to have to hold off on using both hands for iaido.
Plumetting to your death while on vacation and not even going skydiving or bungee jumping was not a preferred way to go, let's put it like that.
The creatures scatter at the first few bullets bite into them. One of the newly-formed bombs plummets toward the boat as they turn and begin spitting fireballs at the two of you...

You swat them.

Only for the vines that had erupted from the boat to swat at it. The resulting explosion of lava, though causing them to retreat in pain, mostly missed the boat. Keyword being mostly.

There weren't many buildings nearby- mostly crumbling walls and such. Thus, Luna was now perched atop a crumbling brick wall.

However...
Aleksandr Kasanov
~~~~~STEALTHED~~~~~
Alex skidded around the corner in time to see Plantgirl make some sort of barrier out on the water, and that biplane begin strafing the Ugly Flying Objects. If performance against the lavasharkmonsterthings was indicative about how effective the Reaper's Shadow Lance would be, Alex would need to steal kills like a madman. He didn't have good positioning for a Sting, and chances to hit at this range were rather low. If he wanted to contribute to the fight, he would have to act quick.

The Reaper took a moment to consider whether helping kill the Ugly Flying Objects was worth it. On the one hand, he still didn't trust any of the people (To use the world liberally) who Mox and Rene had met after fighting the lavasharkmonsterthings, but on the other, there was probably a civilian under that barrier thing Plantgirl had made. And no matter what happened, protecting the civilians came first. That was what XCOM was about. Not killing the Ayys, not protecting the earth, but protecting the civilians. Even if it meant working with hated enemies like the Skirmishers.

"Sometimes, I hate having a goddamn moral compass." Alex muttered to himself as he lined up a shot on one of the UFOs being strafed by the Samurai Carrying Biplane. With the pull of a trigger, the Shadow Lance in the Reaper's hand jerked back slightly, and an emerald green ball of plasma flew towards the body of the Ugly Flying Object.

Gormaw snarled as he saw the struggle. On the one hand, he finally had a chance to get some good licks in. On the other, it was more of the inedible lava creatures who had no meat on them or weapons to loot, plus these ones were flying and much harder to actually hit. Growling, Gormaw took aim with his slugga and miraculously fired eight hole rounds into the general suggestion of the Iblis Takers before jamming once more.

"WAAAGH!" he bellowed, a battlecry louder than even his crude gun as he charged to try and get closer to the general combat, giving his gun percussive maintenance along the way.

Vile looked skywards at the new enemies, considered his equipment and sighed.

It was all good and well if they ended up closer to the ground, but as it stood his ability to hit them was highly limited. The Straight Nightmare's immense kinetic force meant that firing it upwards would just end with him getting knocked over by recoil, and the Triple 7 was not the most accurate of weapons. His current armament was ill-suited to fighting aerial foes, which he knew but also figured that they'd be the swooping type. He was mistaken.

Angrily stomping away from the battle, once he was out of easy reach of the Iblis Takers he adjusted a circle of metal at his wrist and the base of his cannon. Once he confirmed the changes, Vile seized up as a loud, monotone androgynous voice cut through the air.

"Distance Needler
Nervous Ghost"

Muttering some angry statements under his breath, Vile rolled his head around to make sure everything worked after the weapon switching. Still grumbling, he turned around to see if the battle was over, which it most likely was by this point.

Lilac quickly caught up and came to a halt, Carol quickly catching up a few seconds later. Lilac and Carol's minds quickly analysed the situation and realized what was going on ; it's difficult to strike flying foes. Mugman and Sam could do it, thanks to Mugman's plane, but the others would have difficulty landing hits. Unless...

Lilac smirked confidently. "We're going to help that person. Let's bring those things in range!"

Not forgetting to switch her shield settings to fire elemental, a spherical sphere of fire engulfed her body for a moment. Then, she put a hand to the strange devices on the sides of her head. Her eyes briefly glowed as she then curled up and charged up, unleashing a Dragon Boost toward the strange beings. Then, once she closed the distance and reached the end of her momentum, she would spin and try to deliver a harsh whip-like motion alongside with a hard spinning kick, trying to punt one of the targets toward her group so that they may have a better chance of striking it with their weapons.

Having learnt from the fiasco of her first attempt, she had her shields set to fire ; as the shields allowed her to directly touch flames and not be affected by napalm and other intense sources of heat, it would hopefully allow her to succeed this time.

Back on the ground, Carol looked at the guy in the motorboat. Then, she looked at the water. Then, finally at Pangu floating nearby. Then she rolled her eyes.

"I hate flying enemies." she muttered before glancing at her new allies. "So! Anyone got spare energy parts? I reckon a wave motion laser blast would fix the current issue a lot faster than Lilac's current method."
The barrage of slugga rounds, dragons and plasma blasts hammered into one of the birds, causing it to explode in a shower of lava that didn't harm Lilac this time.

There were still two other flyers, though, but it wouldn't take long to kill them.
"Copy that, Hotel 2." Grumbled Mox, glancing off down the street everyone had exited down. The Skirmisher sighed, shifted his gun into a more comfortable position, and set off after them at a moderate pace. No need to rush. Hopefully the flying things would be dead when he got there. (Or- he dared hope- everyone else would be dead when he got there.) and if not, he still had ammo to waste.

Pratal Mox couldn't quite get a read of their new "acquaintances", though he struggled to even call them that. What did they want? Were they here simply to fight? Did they think that if they kept fighting it would eventually lead them to answers? (To be fair, that was a philosophy the Mox dearly wished were true.) They obviously didn't seem to just kill anything in their way, his still being around was evidence of that, but then did they know more about- or harbor some special hatred for- the Lava creatures that Mox and his compatriots did not?

His months with the commander had taught him that to engage in combat was not a decision made lightly. There were neccessary engagements, and there were unnecessary engagements. A group of flying creatures, far away and already being engaged by somebody else seemed like an unnecessary engagement. But then again, what did he know? He was just a skirmisher.

Rene Petit
-------
Rene followedthe Skirmisher, running in an easy, distance eating run. "Do not worry," he amicably said. "Not all can be possesed of such acuity of limb as I." To demonstrate his point, he did a frontflip, continuing to run when it was over.
The two of you reach the group relatively quickly.
"...Hey, stop shooting, we've got... ... ...people trying to stop your... uh... ...those bat things?", Xan called out from a distance to the human-looking guy, not wanting to get close considering her budding feeling of nausea again.

She hoped there would be somewhere she could get away from anything remotely human-like soon... even if they were creepy creatures such as Mugman.
The guy in the boat had dropped his gun with a yelp as a little lava from one of the bombs splattered on it, and was now staring at you all in surprise. Considering the cacophony of weaponfire, however, you don't blame him for not saying anything.

The barrage of slugga rounds, dragons and plasma blasts hammered into one of the birds, causing it to explode in a shower of lava that didn't harm Lilac this time.

There were still two other flyers, though, but it wouldn't take long to kill them.
Aleksandr Kasanov
~~~~~STEALTHED~~~~~
Alex ducked back into his cover after firing the shot, and waited for the inevitable barrage of fire that usually accompanied breaking concealment. When it didn't come, Alex peeked back out and saw that the UFO he had shot was about as dead as Bones was after being caught by a Sectopod in the tunnels under Beijing. The other two seemed distracted by attacking the biplane with a man standing on top of it. Plenty distracted for Alex to risk a second shot. Alex took a deep breath as he lined up the shot on the leftmost UFO. With a slow exhale, Alex pulled the trigger then booked it back down the way he had come. Best not be around when the others finished slaughtering these fliers.

"3-1, this is 3-2. I'm disengaging. What's your current location?" Alex muttered into his mic once he was out of earshot of the shore.
@Dust and echoes @Laplace

Aleksandr Kasanov
~~~~~STEALTHED~~~~~
Alex ducked back into his cover after firing the shot, and waited for the inevitable barrage of fire that usually accompanied breaking concealment. When it didn't come, Alex peeked back out and saw that the UFO he had shot was about as dead as Bones was after being caught by a Sectopod in the tunnels under Beijing. The other two seemed distracted by attacking the biplane with a man standing on top of it. Plenty distracted for Alex to risk a second shot. Alex took a deep breath as he lined up the shot on the leftmost UFO. With a slow exhale, Alex pulled the trigger then booked it back down the way he had come. Best not be around when the others finished slaughtering these fliers.

"3-1, this is 3-2. I'm disengaging. What's your current location?" Alex muttered into his mic once he was out of earshot of the shore.
Rene Petit
-----------
"Approaching the fight, 3-2," Rene said into the comms, picking up speed, running to the group. Seeing the current situation, he felt... rather angry. He hated fliers. Fucking Archons, how dare they escape the reach of his might? These were no different. So, he was glad that at least one was gone. Now, the other two... well, he couldn't hit them, but surely it wouldn't hurt? He pulled out his auto pistol and took aim.

Last edited:

"Well, would you look at that." The robot said, gazing up at the two surviving Takers. "Looks like I get to add to my kill-count after all. This day is starting to look up for me."

Aiming at the one that wasn't currently being shot at by the others, he opened fire with both his newly equipped weapons. The Nervous Ghost was a thin green laser in effect, which considering the composition of the creature may not be as effective as it could be. It was a good deal more effective than a literal flamethrower would be, however, so in the end he'd call it a win. Importantly, its high speed meant he could accurately target the creature, since if he just pointed his shoulder-mounted cannon at the thing then the gun should hit. He aimed mainly at the wings to try and cripple it's maneuverability.

That was not the only thing he did, however. With the Ghost's minimal recoil, he could also afford to open fire with the Distance Needler. The strange... icicle thing that was probably a plasma blast and not an icicle, Vile didn't know he wasn't an engineer, should prove effective. Able to penetrate most armor easily, with any luck it would simply punch right through the flyers, putting sizable holes in them. Here he had to aim more carefully, leading the target, but he should still be able to hit easily enough. He aimed for the head with the Needler, hoping to simply remove it outright with a few shots if he could land clean hits.

Having successfully slammed into range one of the flyers, the dragoness watched with satisfaction as it was dispatched. Then it felt guilty and immediately repressed it. She shouldn't feel proud of having caused something to die to gunfire. But then... those were monsters made of lava. They likely weren't alive. Or were they? Is she doing a mistake?

She can wonder about that when that person down there is safe.

Having punted one of the flyers down, she spun in mid-air, unleashing a Cyclone to bring herself back to the closest patch of land. Once that would be done, she would repeat her maneuver, Dragon Boosting toward one of the flyers as to slam it into range of the others. She took care not to get in the way of the gunfire by targetting the one not being shot at. She also took care not to collide with Mugman's plane as she took to the skies.

Meanwhile, Carol was a bit annoyed. She blinked a few times, noticing no one had replied to her question. "Right, I got it."

Since Lilac and the others seemed to have the situation in hand, the green feline instead directed her gaze toward the scene as a whole. She looked over buildings, trying to see if there were any signs of what could have caused this. Was this caused by energy weapons or kinetic ones? Natural disaster or war? How long has this city been like this? Of course, she isn't exactly a detective and she don't have tools but hey, gotta start looking around and see if there's any hints anywhere.

Not like they'll have any obvious source of information unless that boat guy happen to be a local.

Now that she think about it...

"Pangu. Scan the water, please." Is the thing acidic? Lava and water tend to mix badly.

Only silence greeted her. Carol facepalmed ; dumb drone! Why doesn't it listen to anyone other than Lilac? Oh well...

The two of you reach the group relatively quickly.
Mox rounded a corner, just in time to catch a glimpse of the absurdity going on. The flying lava creatures, the flying...everything else. The man in boat with what appeared to be a weapon....

The worst of it was the chaos of battle. It wasn't the panicked terror of a ambush, or even the grinding desperation of a losing fight. No, this chaos was chaos born from mob rule. Every single one of his not-quite-allies were dogpiling on the few creatures he assumed were enemies. There was no strategy, no tactics, just a storm of formless aggression funneled vaguely towards one small group of enemies. His not-really-allies were more likely to hurt each other before they hurt the beasts. And of course the idiot Templar was running to join them.

Not only that, but the man in the boat. Was he an ally? How did they know? Sure, he didn't have a gun, but Mox had seen enough Templars to know that that didn't mean anything. He'd also seen enough Reapers (and faceless too, he supposed) to know that just because something looks human doesn't mean it won't kill you.

The "team" desperately needed a leader. His vague memories of ADVENT told him that. ADVENT could- and did- exert as much brute force as they wanted, but without competent leaders, XCOM would win handily every time.

Of course, even the most competent alien leaders were no match for the Commander. But that was a different story entirely.
Aleksandr Kasanov
~~~~~STEALTHED~~~~~

Mox dashed to the corner of a ruined building, where he could still see the cacophony of combat, kneeled and keyed his mic.

"3-2 I am on-site, 40 meters or so south of the combat area." He peeked around the corner. "And 3-3 is about 40 or so meters closer." He growled. "Should I even bother asking where you are?"

Spinning to his other knee, Mox whipped his Gun around the corner, but held his fire. If the rest of them were going to focus on the flyers, then he would make sure they at least had cover.

"3-2, You and I will provide overwatch. Find a new location and set up watch." Mox scanned the nearby alleyways, then added. "3-3, if you die, please do so painfully and in full view, you idiot."
@Laplace

Last edited:
"3-3, if you die, please do so painfully and in full view, you idiot."
Rene Petit
-------
"But of course!" Rene breezily said, taking a few potshots at the fliers. "I would never deny the world a chance to witness my glory!" He continued firing, emerald lances streaking through the sky. He didn't really expect to hit anything, but, if he perhaps annoyed them into getting closer, then he could zap them with a bolt of Psi-lightning.

The guy in the boat had dropped his gun with a yelp as a little lava from one of the bombs splattered on it, and was now staring at you all in surprise. Considering the cacophony of weaponfire, however, you don't blame him for not saying anything.
'...Is... no one else going to speak up? ...Fuck.', Xan thought, then sighed irritably as she spoke up, "Look up. You can probably see them engaging the... lava... bats. "

She still kept her distance, and didn't even look at the man as she covered her mouth to wick away the smells threatening to nauseate her of human and burning everything. Whoever this guy was, she'd hoped he wasn't going to drag them through any bullshit so they could get away from at least the burning apocalypse. Perhaps have some nice, thick metal doors she could get behind so she could dry heave in peace once the human stink had passed.

...Or it could be some kinda Terminator-looking bolt holes where they're a buncha unwashed masses and she'd be trapped down there. With them.

More apt, they'd be trapped down there with her...

If there was an actual being responsible for bringing her to this hell hole, she and it are going to have a long, long talk. Preferably in the park. Or near the dumpster.

Back