Star Wars: Rebellion

[X] Wisdom

Wisdom is the best trait you can have.

Sure, knowledge let's you know things, skill gives you talent, and might makes you strong but wisdom ... wisdom just makes you better.

Wisdom gives you the ability to apply yourself more effectively, letting you know just how to use that knowledge, that skill, that might. It helps you navigate the paths of life, making smarter decisions and having a greater ability to avoid bad ones. Wisdom tells you how best to live your life.

Wisdom OP.

[X] Wisdom

Wisdom is the best trait you can have.

Sure, knowledge let's you know things, skill gives you talent, and might makes you strong but wisdom ... wisdom just makes you better.

Wisdom gives you the ability to apply yourself more effectively, letting you know just how to use that knowledge, that skill, that might. It helps you navigate the paths of life, making smarter decisions and having a greater ability to avoid bad ones. Wisdom tells you how best to live your life.

Wisdom OP.

Wisdom is also effectively the 'Common Sense' stat.

By which I mean the more wisdom you have, the more likely your common sense is to kick in.

Alderaan Part 6
Solving Philosophical Conundrums

Quality:55+15=70

It is an archive. Ancient texts, stamped with wisdom from a hundred different sources-from here alone, you can see the works of Atton Rand, Brianna, Bao Dur, Meetra Surik, and more. At the very center, a little remote, stamped with Republic emblems dating back to the Jedi Civil wars- the Mandalorian wars, even- putts in the center, hovering over the ground.

As you watch, he begins to project a Zabrak- Master Bao Dur, you realize. "If you're hearing this, congratulations. The device worked." He coughs- a sickness, perhaps? He is old, his flesh wrinkled and broken. "You've just found the largest collection of philosophical ramblings this side of Coruscant."

Your eyes widen. "The encryption is basic- an old Mandalorian code, we cracked it years ago. But, here's a bit wisdom for you, just in case you can't break the code." He laughs, an old laugh. "It's simple: There is no Grey Side of the force. Sophonts, we try to struggle against it- against something so absolute, but it's futile."

He continues on, body wracking over with coughs. "But that doesn't mean just locking yourself away from attachments, from disapproving of life and love and emotion. It means embracing love, happiness, and connection. It means accepting that hate and rage and sorrow are going to hound you, until the day you die. It means living- being part of the galaxy. Attachments are. Not good, not bad, they are. And attempting to cut them out is wasted energy. Accept them, but don't let them consume you.

He turns on his saber, purple blade giving a salute."My time is nearing its end. But I and any Jedi will be with. The Force will be with you." With that the transmission ends, and the remote floats over, before resting in your palm. You simply sit, wordlessly, while Mira sends a transmission to your room with the coordinates. You eventually head out on the speeder, the dark nearly settled on the planet.

You arrive back to the suites- but your work is not done. You go to the penitentiary, where the two Black Band members wait.

Tell Me: Needed:70 Rolled:37+22=59 Reroll:24+22=46 Revan's Reroll:71+32=103

You step in, calm, collected, at peace. The armored assassins both simply sit and watch, calm and collected. "I'm going to make this simple. You know me- not one damned soul in that squad is ever not going to. I excelled at what I did. My skill in every art was unparalleled. Tell me what I want to know, and we will have no problem." You fold your fingers together in front of your face, blocking your mouth. "Refuse to tell me, and I will use the standard techniques until you spill everything."

You lean back, legs folded. "Lie to me, and I will use the nonstandard techniques." They stare at you, at each other, your slightly force enhanced presence dominating the room, and fall over themselves telling you everything. Their life stories, military deployments, who's watching who, everything.

Within a matter of hours, all Imperial Spies on Alderaan and Taris are taken out of play or even more usefully, subverted and fed false Intel, a dozen military deployments-including planned actions against the Hutts for daring to support Mandalore in the war- squealed on-and most importantly, you learn Miraak, your old pupil, has taken over the squad in your absence- and, more importantly, he, even now, faces the same crisis of conscience you did.

Stepping out of the room, you feel accomplished. So, it is with light hearted joy that you step into the dining room. You sit next to Mira, your armor- shining white- making an odd- but not distasteful-contrast with the black dress she is wearing. She seems focused on the cuisine before her, while you could begin the conversation.

[] Talk about the vault, and see whether she knows your secret
[] Talk about the Hutt Removal Plan
[] You have this bad habit of putting your foot in your mouth when you begin the conversation- let her start.

Last edited:
[X] You have this bad habit of putting your foot in your mouth when you begin the conversation- let her start.

Well, that was an excellent result for the interrogation :D

Just a small request @Voikirium, but a small criticism I find with a lot of dynasty quests is that the action list becomes long enough that it's hard to discern individual sections and puts a bit of strain on the eyes.

Any chance you could touch up the action list for next turn in advance? Maybe separate the actions (Martial, Piety, Learning, etc.) by color? Or by putting the results of the action in spoiler tags?

[X] You have this bad habit of putting your foot in your mouth when you begin the conversation- let her start.

Let us show wisdom, shall we? :p

Back