Sonic The Hedgehog live action movie

Huh... Good for them.

Certainly not the approach I would taken, but hopefully a sequel will expand on Sonic's world.

Guys, the Smurfs had a sequel, Garfield had a sequel, Alvin and the Chipmunks had three sequels.

This is getting a sequel.

Just got back from it and really enjoyed it. I was honestly surprised by how good I found it. Was expecting Carrey to be more whacky but he felt more reigned in compares to some of his previous roles. Definitely more subdued than Riddler which is about what I could compare this Robotnik to.

Slight derail but while a lot of people complained Jim Carrey's Riddler was too wacky, he's downright tame compared to Frank Gorshin in the 60's show. That man's manic energy in every scene was something else, something not even Jim Carrey at his zaniest could match.

I'm not sure what the spoiler policy is here so I'll be safe.
It looks like we might get a fully realized Tails judging from his brief appearance and attitude. This would be a neat reversal from the usual dynamic, with a confident and determined Tails versus the still-sort-of-insecure Sonic

Who are these people and why are they important?
I'm not part of the fandom so I've got no idea what their connection to the franchise is.

Saw this movie last weekend, liked it a lot. I actually really enjoyed James Mardsen's character. Especially him and his wife ending up as Sonic's adoptive parents.

So, used my Quarantine™ time and saw it – and found it surprisingly enjoyable. It's not the best thing ever, obviously, but it's still a decent watch.

And let it be said that the MCU was dethroned this year, by a movie based on a video game that had enough troubled production, and still made bank even without profits from China or Japan. :lol2:

Really, congratulations to the cast and crew, and to the movie being released before the pandemic really got going.

Back