Sonic The Hedgehog live action movie

Is it wrong that all I really want from a Sonic 2 is the sort of thing they teased at the end of the first movie, with Robotnik chasing Sonic on Mobius?

I'm actually hyped for this

help

(hope they don't crunch the animators into oblivion this time)

Guys, I think they're serious.

"Obviously, the nature of Robotnik and Sonic's sort of rivalry and their battles have one sort of look and feel," the director says. "But when you bring in a character like Knuckles, who has power, and in his many ways is just better suited for combat than Sonic is ... When we ended the first film, Sonic's been in one fight. That does not turn you into a superhero overnight, and you bring along a character like Knuckles whose entire existence is about honor and about being a warrior. And like right off the bat, Sonic is no match for that dude. So to tease that kind of confrontation like we did in the trailer, for fans to realize that that's kind of where we're going with it, where Knuckles is just a force of nature, and Sonic is out of his element at first because Knuckles is just more than he can handle — it felt like such dramatic sort of material, and such a great foundation to build a movie story around."

www.polygon.com

Idris Elba had a lot of questions about Knuckles’ motivations in Sonic 2

The Suicide Squad actor may not have wanted to make the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 villain sexy, but director Jeff Fowler that just came naturally to the story. Here’s a preview of the movie before it releases on April 8, 2022.

Guys, I think they're serious.

www.polygon.com

Idris Elba had a lot of questions about Knuckles’ motivations in Sonic 2

The Suicide Squad actor may not have wanted to make the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 villain sexy, but director Jeff Fowler that just came naturally to the story. Here’s a preview of the movie before it releases on April 8, 2022.
... so they've built an entire plot or subplot around the first scene of Knuckles knocking the Emeralds out of Sonic at the start of Sonic 3?
Because to be honest, that doesn't sound too bad for a thing to do with a Knuckles introduction movie.

nintendoeverything.com

Sonic Frontiers to feature story from Ian Flynn, story description

SEGA has provided more information about Sonic Frontiers and its story, and also confirms that Ian Flynn is involved.

In Sonic Frontiers, Sonic's long-time nemesis Dr. Eggman discovers an ancient technology on the Starfall Islands and installs his AI program SAGE to hack in and take over. But there is more to this technology than he realizes, and unintended consequences immediately come to bear. Sonic must race against time to discover the truth, save his friends, and maybe even save himself at the same time.

So the evil AI that Sonic must defeat is called... SAGE.

SAGE

SEGA

I think Ian is trying to vent about something, but I don't know what.

nintendoeverything.com

Sonic Frontiers to feature story from Ian Flynn, story description

SEGA has provided more information about Sonic Frontiers and its story, and also confirms that Ian Flynn is involved.

So the evil AI that Sonic must defeat is called... SAGE.

SAGE

SEGA

I think Ian is trying to vent about something, but I don't know what.
Actually, many thought SAGE was a reference to the Sonic Amateur Games Expo, a yearly expo for fangames and indie-originals (that originally started to showcase Sonic fangames).

Last edited:
... so they've built an entire plot or subplot around the first scene of Knuckles knocking the Emeralds out of Sonic at the start of Sonic 3?
Because to be honest, that doesn't sound too bad for a thing to do with a Knuckles introduction movie.
I mean Knuckles has always been characterized as more of a fighter than Sonic, if not always better. Whether it's Sonic Battle having him hardheadedly pick fights, or Sonic Heroes where each team was divided into Speed (go fast between fights or through fodder enemies), Flight (Fly, thus bypassing terrain to go faster), and Power (KILL EVERYTHING and occasionally destroy a wall or something), Sonic as of course Speed, Tails Flight, and Knuckles Power.

Or, in other words, Knuckles was the better fighter by a landslide. When Knuckles has been more of a rival, he's often been shown up by Sonic, but especially as an ally? Yeah, his whole thing is being a stronger fighter, aside the hermit island guardian stuff.

Back