Sonic The Hedgehog live action movie

Thepost credit scene is kind of dumb, clumsy and I absolutely love it.

I have not seen the movie nor the credits scene. But given how they introduced Knuckles this movie... they kinda have to go for SA1 adaptation for Sonic 3. So I'm guessing it was a dumb thing with Chaos or something? They can't just skip to SA2. Although... the best meat in SA1 is really Tails coming into his own, which isn't viable if tails is already in his final form.

Oh god, they're skipping to SA2 aren't they.

Last edited:
I have not seen the movie nor the credits scene. But given how they introduced Knuckles this movie... they kinda have to go for SA1 adaptation for Sonic 3. So I'm guessing it was a dumb thing with Chaos or something? They can't just skip to SA2. Although... the best meat in SA1 is really Tails coming into his own, which isn't viable if tails is already in his final form.

Oh god, they're skipping to SA2 aren't they.
The two can be combined fairly easily; just replace Ark and Biolizard with Chaos.

Just got back from seeing the new Sonic film.

Overall I really enjoyed it, the visuals and animated effects used to design and bring Sonic, Tails etc to life are a lot better this time, clearly the result of a higher budget, much more time to design them compared to the first film scrapping to redo Sonic, and Tyson Heese overseeing it all from the start this time.

This was a lot more focused on the sonic characters this time with Tails and Knuckles joining the movie verse. Though it still takes place on earth (I'm cool with it and they do explain why they are setting it there, but hoping in future they do explore the other worlds on Longclaw's map), it connects well to Sonic Mythology like The Chaos emeralds that play a role. Lots of nods to the games again that never feel like fanservice to me or are subtle that they don't feel forced.

It also nicely ties back into why the tribe chased Sonic in the first film and Longclaw as a character as well.

Ben Schwartz once again is great as Sonic, he continues to capture Sonic's youthful personality, attempts to be a hero but still has a lot to learn in trying to be a hero. And knows how to carry the quieter moments as always, especially with Tom and Tails. Which i like how the film calls back at points to his road trip in the first film. Colleen O'Shaughnessey shines as Tails, capturing his admiration for Sonic, their own struggles at being on the frontline and bonding with the blue hedgehog. I'm glad the film gave a professional VA who has voiced Tails in the VG the chance to capture them on the big screen.

But the stars of the film are of course Idris Elba as Knuckles, who manages to capture the knucklehead's serious gruff personality, but naively and comical seriousness as he has captured any role in the past, this is a good example of using a well-known actor to VA. And of course, Jim as Eggman, managing to once again capture the good doctor in all his Hamminess and villainy, the two constantly had me cracking up and enjoying their characters on screen. Lee Majdoub once again makes every minute as Stone counts, he and Jim constantly play off each other so well.

One weakness of the film was they clearly weren't sure what to do with Tom and Maddie with Tails and Knuckles now around for Sonic to be around and have help from. It's a bit of a shame to me that James and Tie weren't given as much to do this time around, but they do tie in their subplot of Maddie's sister wedding together, along with Maddie and Rachel getting a nice moment to shine that I appreciated. James and Tie do sell their roles a fair bit when they are around, Tom and Maddie really do feel like characters care about and feel genuine in their bond with Sonic. I do think these Sonic films do a good job of balancing the human and game cast compared to many other adaptations.

The film once again has some decent laughs, use of music and great chemistry between the actors.

The film is unlikely to make anyone a sonic fan if they weren't already and relies on knowing stuff from the games at time or seeing the first film.

But its a nice watch for anyone looking to chill out on a Sunday afternoon, love Sonic as a whole.

It doesn't break the wheel, invent a new genre etc. but it never pretends to be anything else and i like the sonic films for that fact.

Oh yes, the post finale scene got make excited for what the third film will bring, one word to describe it... MARIA!

Just got back, it's an absolute delight. I implore you to watch the movie, it's just a real good time. Genuinely funny, cute, some real heartwarming moments, and some parts that made me pog out of my mind.

Movie Tails is the cutest motherfucker and I'm really glad his actual videogame voice actress got to keep the part. Then we have Knuckles who's insanely funny and Idris Elba knocked it out of the park with his delivery. It's just a really good time and it's shed pretty much every problem lingering from the first movie, I'm totally down for a third.

After they were willing to make Knuckles funny as hell but also extremely raw, not to mention absolutely understanding the assigment wrt Super Sonic, I can't wait to see Shadow

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Box Office: ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’ Booms With $72M Bow, ‘Ambulance’ DOA

'Sonic 2' is opening well ahead of the first film in a big win for the family market.
Paramount's Sonic the Hedgehog 2 opened to a huge $71 million in a major boost for the domestic box office revival, and particularly for the family market.

Nearly 60 percent of the audience were families. Until now, titles largely depending upon kids and parents have struggled to breakout because of the pandemic.

Sonic 2 is also one of the few films of the COVID era to open ahead of its predecessor. Other bragging rights: it is now the biggest launch of all time for a video-game adaptation, beating the first Sonic, and is also Paramount's biggest three-day opening since 2014.

Overseas — where it opened in select markets ahead of its domestic launch — Sonic 2 grossed another $37 million from 53 markets for a foreign total of $70 million and $141 million globally.

Got back from watching it, pretty rad movie, genuinely fun to watch.

Idris Elba really knocks it out of the park with Knuckles, Super Sonic has all the fucking oomph that he should have, and ohhhhhh my god that stinger. I haven't been able to stop smiling over it. God, I'm hyped already.

Just saw it, really enjoyed the movie, I think my favourite part of it might have actually been the tail end of the wedding I was on the edge of my seat, are they gonna do it are they actually gonna call the organisation GUN and they call it GUN, incredible I loved it. Sadly I already knew what the post credits was gonna be but it still hit me regardless, can't wait for Sonic 3

Tom: Sonic you need to make some friends your age.

Sonic: I found a stalker with a crush and some guy who tried to murder me repeatedly.

Tom: ...we'll consider that a good first try.

Last edited:
Article:
The sequel to Sega and Paramount Pictures' hit video game movie will make its streaming debut on Paramount Plus and on other digital platforms Tuesday, 45 days after its theatrical release in April.

For fans of physical media, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will arrive on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on Aug. 9. The physical release will include "nearly an hour of bonus features," Paramount said in a news release, including a new, exclusive animated short, "Sonic Drone Home," featuring Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

Back