Sonic The Hedgehog live action movie

Honestly, it's well deserved. I can't say the movie is great, but it's well written for what it is, was very well acted, and had a lot of heart. I'd suggest anyone who hasn't seen it should do so.

Yeah that seems like a stretch to me. I guess Space Jam and Who Killed Roger Rabbit are also superhero movies now?

Yeah that seems like a stretch to me. I guess Space Jam and Who Killed Roger Rabbit are also superhero movies now?
Having read the IDW comics:
Sonic in Issue 2 said:
It's what I do. Just keep moving, doing good, saving folks, and living free as the wind. Living by my way. My own way.
Sonic is 100% a superhero. Has incredible powers, fights supervillains, keeps to the usual "thou shalt not kill" rules, doesn't really seem to have life ambitions other than "save people and fight evil", disliked more organized authority approaches to crimefighting, etc etc. Movie Sonic is less so, but movie Sonic is basically an Origin Story.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Sonic spending an hour trying to get past the elevators in Chemical Plant Zone and then drowning in bubblegum flavored koolaid.

I hope Super Sonic is in this movie.

Last edited:
Man, I never could have guessed they were going to go with '2' as the name for this movie's sequel.

And in 2022. I can't believe they invented an entire year for this film. What a marketing machine.

Man, I never could have guessed they were going to go with '2' as the name for this movie's sequel.

And in 2022. I can't believe they invented an entire year for this film. What a marketing machine.
They'll switch to more creative titles starting with the fourth one, although whether they go with CD or skip to Adventure remains to be seen

I swear, 2 is a mix of Sonic2 and Sonic CD I will jump for joy.

Then 3 can be subtitled: And Knuckles

Back