Sonic The Hedgehog live action movie

I will bet you ten bazillion dollars that there were dozens and dozens of awesome, workable designs if not outright proof of concept animations built for this thing that were ignored by the execs in favor of a focus tested designed by comittee Frankenstein's monster built from bits and pieces of different better designs.

And now theyre going to crunch the shit out of their art and animation departments that did all that work in the first place to rush a new design out the door and take credit for 'fixing' Sonic.

Last edited:
I will bet you ten bazillion dollars that there were dozens and dozens of awesome, workable designs if not outright proof of concept animations built for this thing that were ignored by the execs in favor of a focus tested designed by comittee Frankenstein's monster built from bits and pieces of different designs.

And now theyre going to crunch the shit out of their art and animation departments to rush a new design put the door so they can take credit for 'fixing' Sonic.
And I bet that this shit design was used for the trailer instead of a better one thay already have because they can then come aout and say "See, we improved it" while doing basically all of a cut-paste.

And I bet that this shit design was used for the trailer instead of a better one thay already have because they can then come aout and say "See, we improved it" while doing basically all of a cut-paste.
So they chose to waste a shit-ton of money and time developing a trailer and promotional materials for a fake design? People who believe this have clearly never worked in or interacted with anyone in graphic design, VFX, or CGI.

So they chose to waste a shit-ton of money and time developing a trailer and promotional materials for a fake design? People who believe this have clearly never worked in or interacted with anyone in graphic design, VFX, or CGI.

Kelly Turnbull, the person who started the conspiracy (or at least the one posted in this thread) has been working in the animation industry for like a decade. Her twitter thread on it is pretty interesting if nothing else.

Personally I'm still betting on Sonic having less than 30 minutes of screen time.

I think I remember similar theories about the TMNT movie, they were wrong.

Personally I'm still betting on Sonic having less than 30 minutes of screen time.
I'm actually kind of hoping for that outcome.
From what I've seen of the trailers and how his plot could possibly work given this setup, the best this movie can hope for is to be a solid origin story for Dr Robotnik.
30 minutes of Sonic backed up by the remainder being that sounds like it could actually work, and would be better than a solid hour of buddy comedy with the hedgehog.

... while typing that last sentence I remembered the crime that occurred as the final spoken segment of the trailer, which instead of showing the Sonic model had a room full of humans making an event that sounds like it might have been intended as a joke. Which gives the much worse possibility that this is the random cop story, featuring Sonic and Dr Robotnik. Given how I cannot even express how bad that dialogue exchange was to watch, that is the worst possible outcome, and as this is a piece of bad Sonic media probably also the most likely.

I'm actually kind of hoping for that outcome.
From what I've seen of the trailers and how his plot could possibly work given this setup, the best this movie can hope for is to be a solid origin story for Dr Robotnik.
30 minutes of Sonic backed up by the remainder being that sounds like it could actually work, and would be better than a solid hour of buddy comedy with the hedgehog.

... while typing that last sentence I remembered the crime that occurred as the final spoken segment of the trailer, which instead of showing the Sonic model had a room full of humans making an event that sounds like it might have been intended as a joke. Which gives the much worse possibility that this is the random cop story, featuring Sonic and Dr Robotnik. Given how I cannot even express how bad that dialogue exchange was to watch, that is the worst possible outcome, and as this is a piece of bad Sonic media probably also the most likely.
It's funny, because I noticed this a while back:

And I realized that I would absolutely watch a movie about Jim Carrey playing a mad scientist hunting down some weird dangerous cryptid.

Yeah if you're gonna do live-action, you better have an excellent Eggman, because he can actually emote. And is the more interesting character anyways, whether you are playing him for silly, for menacing, or both.

If that's the case and they just slap a new model over the old animation rigs, then it doesn't actually solve the major problems. Sonic's proportions and mouth will still be disturbingly human. There's a lot of other stuff they'll need to start from ground up, like rendering and character lighting to accommodate for new textures and body shapes.

If that's the case and they just slap a new model over the old animation rigs, then it doesn't actually solve the major problems. Sonic's proportions and mouth will still be disturbingly human. There's a lot of other stuff they'll need to start from ground up, like rendering and character lighting to accommodate for new textures and body shapes.
Given how ill conceived and half assed this movie has been everywhere else do you really expect them to put in the extra effort?

So I know Sonic has DEEP LORE because comic books and I won't touch that with a ten foot pole but does Sonic have the ability to Za Warudo his way out of problems?

Maybe with Chaos Control, that shit is poorly defined.

Partly depends how you count things- not only can Sonic do Chaos Control fairly casually, but in the multiplayer of Sonic Adventure 2 Chaos Control is modeled... as a time stop.

And Sonic's version of it is, flat out, called Time Stop. It requires, like, some ring count that I forget cause it's been ages since I played.

Of course, in the boss fight he'll just spam it if you pass him, so.

Basically does he have an Emerald? If yes, he should be able to stop time, if no, not.

Yeah that just sounded like bullshit to me. The fact of the matter is that this just flat out shouldn't have happened, the whole point of test screenings is to get audience feedback before the movie's actually done. You know, so you don't scrap hours and hours of design work, character animation, texturing, sfx, and rendering. Or spend millions marketing a movie that doesn't resemble the final product. Just generally not waste everyone's time and money.

I still want to know whose idea it was to give the damm thing human teeth.

The proportions aren't that bad. I think they can tweek the body shape while keeping the same general proportions and be fine. The mouth is where the real work is. I doubt they've done too much with lighting, judging by the trailer.

My third-tier overthink about literal children's movies boy Jack Saint came out with a video basically laying out why #gottafixfast is some bullshit.

Back