Sonic the Hedgehog General

This was pretty great. I loved all the alternative versions of the cast. Honestly my biggest complaint is that is was only 8 episodes but was seemingly written as the full chunk of 24 because it kind of just ended.

After hearing about Prime, I'm going to start the show tomorrow. Still playing Frontier as well. Quite an interesting time to be able to say that.

Frontier and Prime have got me to go take a look at all the games I missed, or at least the ones I can get on Steam. Mania has been by far the best, enough to get me to grind out the Chaos Emeralds to get the real ending and play through it a second time as Knuckles. Generations was okay. Forces is a mediocre game with a truly god-awful story. Not very far into it, but it was when I saw that there were buttons on the screen that I had to use my mouse on that I realized Lost World was a port of a DS game and also began to question how good of a port it was. Team Sonic Racing seems fine as a racing game although I am boggled as to why Sonic has a car or how any of these people know how to drive in the first place.

I've sped through Prime yesterday. It was the sort of experience where I always wanted to see what would happen next too much to stop. Unfortunately, it ended in a way where I still have that feeling, but no idea when we'll be getting more. I hope that isn't too much of a wait.

The third island has been a pain to navigate at times. I've also been bouncing against my own issues as a gamer. So, lots of replaying one level recently to just complete it. Still moving forward and still thoroughly engaged though. Plus, nothing quite like a Sonic ost to have in the background while playing a section again and again. I found myself compelled to get the soundtrack today from that.

The third island has been a pain to navigate at times. I've also been bouncing against my own issues as a gamer. So, lots of replaying one level recently to just complete it. Still moving forward and still thoroughly engaged though. Plus, nothing quite like a Sonic ost to have in the background while playing a section again and again. I found myself compelled to get the soundtrack today from that.
Remember that you have the option to fish/roast at the fishing spots if you don't want to worry about progression too much.

And yeah this is an elite OST. Has something for every type of mood.

I love Frontiers, but man I'm not too fond of the map in this game.
you uncover so little of the map when you do the puzzles, and it's so hard to find them if they're not on the map.

I've finally completed Frontiers. Next for me is going back through cyber levels I want to do better at, see if I missed optional conversation bits and to wait for that DLC promised.

Scrapnik island, the comic miniseries about a colony of Badniks living after Eggman's done with them, is finished, and that was a solid story.

Neat.

Edit:
krazyfan1.tumblr.com

Krazyfan1

geraldoom comics i made during a night of insomnia bonus black doom below the cut: Keep reading

Last edited:
www.polygon.com

Sonic Origins Plus will make Amy and Knuckles playable in classic Sonic games

Plus get 12 Game Gear titles in emulation
Sega slated the launch for June 23, which as Sonic fans know is his birthday (the franchise turns 32 that day). Sonic Origins Plus includes the games released in last year's anthology, in addition to the Game Gear titles, which will be playable in emulation in the game's Museum.

For good measure, Amy Rose will be a playable character in all four of those games, with Knuckles playable in Sonic CD. And for those who bought Sonic Origins last year, they can upgrade to Sonic Origins Plus with a $9.99 Expansion Pack purchased through their platform's digital marketplace.

Sonic Origins Plus is launching as both a downloadable and retail release, both for $39.99. Those who buy the physical version also get a 20-page art book spanning the franchise's history.

So, for those keeping count, that means Sonic Origins Plus features the following 16 playable games:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (1991, Game Gear version)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992, Game Gear version)
  • Sonic CD (1993)
  • Sonic Chaos (1993)
  • Sonic Spinball (1993)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (1994)
  • Sonic Drift (1994)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble (1994)
  • Sonic Drift 2 (1995)
  • Sonic Labyrinth (1995)
  • Tails Adventure (1995)
  • Sonic Blast (1996)
Sega didn't say what the other two games are.

After all these years, he's finally dead.

at last, Knuckles can take the center stage.
i see no way this can go wrong.

And now for something completely different, in honor of April Fool's Day.

Ok I have to say the Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog is really good.

I watch a streamer play it and she practically cried with how much she was into it. This was some grade-A writing and some twists I did not see coming- as well as generally fun with a lot of small references.

It's also free so I'm going to re-play it myself.

New Classic Sonic game. Are we still getting Super forms for playable characters other than Sonic? Or does Sega still want Taxman and Stealth's heads on pikes?

You can play as Amy? That's cool!

I'm glad she's being treated more like one of the main allies instead of just support.

Back