Sonic the Hedgehog General

Another IDW issue just released. Seeing Spagonia suddenly in this continuity makes me suddenly realize how jarring it is to see Sonic London in a setting that's mostly been featureless cartoon towns and Eggman bases. And wasn't there a strict moratorium on using settings that weren't in Forces?

Also Potto's giving Blaze a crush on Sonic, which...bleh. I prefer them to just be friends.
Well at least that means they're finally breaking away from this:
Nowadays it feels like both the Sega and OC casts are trapped in coffins of one-dinentionality and uselessness, all of them little more than eye candy. It's like an 80s toy commercial show.
Having actual locations and relationship stuff at least means the mandates have been loosened enough to let them actually do things. Though "blushing when hand held" is rather tame as far as signalling goes, especially for an introverted character like Blaze.

In any case this deprives Blaze of her OTP:

Last edited:
900th Adventure special just released. Nothing worth noting happens except I guess Sega's stopped having "plans" for the Warp Topaz.

I miss when this franchise didn't give me depression.

And now we've just spent an issue where half the comic is nothing happening, and the other half is Rough and Tumble breaking into Cream's house to wreck her sweets.
I feel like there was more substance to Penders's domestic living future stories than IDW #65.

Last edited:
Back