Sonic the Hedgehog General

...Did ...did Tails got his tails removed in this timeline?!

And what the hell happened to Amy?! o_o

That's... weird? I guess they're still rebels or something, if they're running around with a partial conversion?

I'm so glad it seems like we're entering a new era of just being happy and hyped about Sonic stuff.

That has me a bit nervous, given Sega's record. At the same time, I want to enjoy the good feeling and try to maintain enthusiasm for what'll be my first experience playing a Sonic game, rather than hearing/seeing them and lore/comics related to them. Well, as a vaguely competent gamer, I vaguely recall trying one of the classic games, but I was really shit at platforms back then.

Anyway, doing my best to soak up the hype and good feelings.

That has me a bit nervous, given Sega's record. At the same time, I want to enjoy the good feeling and try to maintain enthusiasm for what'll be my first experience playing a Sonic game, rather than hearing/seeing them and lore/comics related to them. Well, as a vaguely competent gamer, I vaguely recall trying one of the classic games, but I was really shit at platforms back then.

Anyway, doing my best to soak up the hype and good feelings.

Well, it seems like game has been leaked, as some people managed to get physical copies early, so be careful with spoilers everyone.

But fortunately it seems like the general reaction to the game is: "Sonic's back baby!"

So that's great.

IGN with the most grudging 7/10. Haters reaching for things to complain about.

The blue blur returns triumphant.

It's over. We won.

I can confirm that this is the Sonic I always wanted, complete with the third-act escalation to absolute insanity (a feat, considering how insane the game is by default).

Last edited:
Some spoilers thoughts now that I saw the end:

First, yes! Sage is alive! Now I can watch fanart of the new addition to the Eggfamily without feeling sad!

Second, the Ancients are aliens and they brought the Chaos Emeralds, BUT! The Master Emerald was on Earth so that means... The Emeralds come from space in general and they crashed in different planets?

The more we know the more things remain a mystery.

Third, Chaos is a descendant of the ancients in some way.

My head canon is that the Ancients that escaped the End, started to work on another Titan to protect themselves, but because they lacked the resources of their new home, they when in a different direction and created Perfect Chaos as their final Titan, also, the Chao probably were their early prototypes.

Fourth, do you think the reason Amy, Knuckles and Tails plan on going on their own adventures is to set the stage for an adventure like game in the future?

Back