Sonic the Hedgehog General

To celebrate Sonic's 29th birthday, have an audio drama featuring Ryan Drummond as Sonic and Mike Pollock as Dr. Eggman.

Last edited:
Something I ran across during the celebrations on Twitter. This thread is full of good ideas, but I think it could still use a little work before he pitches it.

Could this be the start of the comic characters being part of Sonic's main canon?

...Probably not, but it's still nice!

Speaking of the comics, I've been under a rock the last few months, are they still being produced?

Speaking of the comics, I've been under a rock the last few months, are they still being produced?
Hmmm, let me check...

Oh? Apparently so! Number 28th came out last week.

It feels a little bit rushed but that is understandable, specially because it is a virus arc so wanting to finish it fast considering the circumstances make sense.

Hmmm, let me check...

Oh? Apparently so! Number 28th came out last week.

It feels a little bit rushed but that is understandable, specially because it is a virus arc so wanting to finish it fast considering the circumstances make sense.

It's been building up to this for awhile, and we still got some issues to go, so I don't think I'd say 'rushed.'

It's been building up to this for awhile, and we still got some issues to go, so I don't think I'd say 'rushed.'
I mean, until this point we have, what? One emerald per issue?

And then suddenly, 4?

I'm not saying it was a bad issue, just that I feel like they accelerate the pacing a little, that's all.

Last edited:
I mean, until this point we have, what? One emerald per issue?

And then suddenly, 4?

I'm not saying it was a bad issue, just that I feel like they accelerate the pacing a little, that's all.

One issue per emerald would've been slooow, and the plan from the start was to get several at once- with more getting-into-place for this issue's heists already built up.

---

The annual is out, and as the title 'Untold Tales of the Metal Virus!' shows, uh, it's a brutal one.

Good stuff, but kinda dark!
We start out with Big's search for Froggie, which first goes through the prior arcs and then arrives during the outbreak.

A radio jock providing information to people to evacuate the infection.

Metal Sonic wondering if he can be infected.

And what happened to Jewel that lead to her ambushing Tangle.

How dare that comic give me this wholesome sight:
Before proceeding to break my heart multiple times! >_</

The fanmade audio drama starring Ryan Drummond as Sonic and Eggman as Mike Pollock has released its second episode:

Just listened to both episodes. Ryan delivers what we're missing in modern Sonic, Mike is still Eggman, and EmuEmi does a good job as Tails. The surprise in hearing David Humphrey as Knuckles (a curveball right there, but still welcomed) and hearing Lisa Ortiz as Amy again is perfect.

Will be waiting on more episodes.

Oh yeah, found something amusing...

The gal doing the retrospective/journey through Archie Sonic, i.e. Bobby recently decided to do a rough estimate on Rouge's capacity to lift after an anon asked them to and:

I kinda want this to be brought up in a game or comic casually...
There are hedgehogs with super speed, Lemurs with Stretchy tails...a super strong Bat is far from the weirdest thing in the world.

Just listened to both episodes. Ryan delivers what we're missing in modern Sonic, Mike is still Eggman, and EmuEmi does a good job as Tails. The surprise in hearing David Humphrey as Knuckles (a curveball right there, but still welcomed) and hearing Lisa Ortiz as Amy again is perfect.

Will be waiting on more episodes.
I have come here to tell you that your wait is over.

I mean, IIRC she can also do stuff like "dig" by kicking the ground, better than I could dig with a shovel.
So, yeah, her being super strong is completely believable.
She also goes toe-to-toe with Knuckles, being his rival in Sonic Adventure 2, which would require a pretty impressive level of strength.

However, that also means OMEGA has to be pretty strong too, if he's the muscle for Team Dark.

Back