Sonic the Hedgehog General

That would actually fit into canon really well. Eggman honestly believing that to be his real name and having no clue as to who this 'Miles' person is.

to be fair, sped up healing isn't that far fetched...

Oh yea, but the way it's described.

"Focus his hyperfast metabolism on healing," ok, vaguely sensible.

"Stand in place, something about vibrating molecules, ????, all better!" is something that 60s Barry Allen would make up if he didn't know how healing worked :)

Sonic Battle Devs: "Okay so every character has a healing move, and we can justify most of them - wait shit what about Sonic"

"Well he's fast so uuuuuuuuuuuh he super vibe yes"

I wonder if his super fast healing might contain a few downsides?

After all... even if you can heal a broken bone... theres no guarantee that it will heal properly...

I wonder if his super fast healing might contain a few downsides?

After all... even if you can heal a broken bone... theres no guarantee that it will heal properly...
Nah, too grim.

The more likely downside is that he probably needs lots of food because his body burns too much of its resources healing. That's why he eats so many chilidogs! :p

Probably my favorite VA for the blue dude out of all of them, which I guess is an unpopular opinion. Really captured the 90s hip-cool aesthetic. Was glad to have him onboard and hopefully he's doing okay.

(Not sure if this is the right thread, but the gaming forum doesn't seem to have a dedicated Sonic thread so I post this here)

A few days ago, a guy named rubberduckycooly has posted a PC port of the mobile versions of Sonic 1 and 2 from 2013. The 2013 mobile version of Sonic 1 and 2 were made by Christian Whitehead on the Retro Engine, a custom engine he developed for making modern 2D sprite based games. In 2013, Sega contracted him to use that engine bring remastered versions of Sonic 1 and 2 to iOS and Android, and those versions are seen as one of the best, if not the best, way to play the first two Sonic games. But unfortunately they are only available for a phone or tablet.

You can get the windows release here: Releases · Rubberduckycooly/Sonic-1-2-2013-Decompilation

Here's a video about it:

Note that you still need to buy the mobile ports to provide for some needed files.

The port still isn't finished (the menu screens are still missing) and still has quite a few bugs, but its cool to be able to play these games on a PC.

I read the Bad Guys miniseries of the comic, and it's good stuff. It builds Starline into a more stand-alone villain and just is a pretty nice heist story.

Probably my favorite VA for the blue dude out of all of them, which I guess is an unpopular opinion. Really captured the 90s hip-cool aesthetic. Was glad to have him onboard and hopefully he's doing okay.

I haven't really thought about it to rate them, but yea, he's good.

Yeah, that struck me pretty hard when I read it in a trade paperback from the library, not even knowing who Mecha was beyond her appearance in that story.

It gets even more heartbreaking when the end of the story reveals that Adam Determines Anonymous' Movements.

Yeah, that struck me pretty hard when I read it in a trade paperback from the library, not even knowing who Mecha was beyond her appearance in that story.

It gets even more heartbreaking when the end of the story reveals that Adam Determines Anonymous' Movements.
I wonder if Eggman even reacted to that?

A remarkably shrewd piece of exegesis and critique. He manages to explain quite a lot.

"Double Vegeta Mickey Mouse" is not a description I thought I'd ever hear.

Back