Sky Blade [Granblue Fantasy X Fate/Extra]

Omake: Meeting Beyond Time And Space
Omake: Meeting Beyond Time And Space

"Uh...Where I am?" Gran, budding Skyfarer, looked around in confusion. The last thing he remembered was falling asleep inside his room on the Grandcypher the night after leaving Auguste, not...wherever this was. The sky, clear without even a single cloud, seemed to stretch endlessly over a flat surface, the horizon a straight line. The ground was strange: at first glance it looked like a puddle of greenish water, and he could even see small waves disturbing the surface, yet the latter felt solid under his feet. In the distance he could see obelisks raising towards the sky, while all around him coffin-like objects were scattered seemly at random.

His eyes were drawn to a pile of them, above which stood- "What...is that?" He wondered aloud. It was a giant cube, with one angle missing and replaced with a grid of red lines. Inside the structure, amidst cascading lines of ever-changing numbers, he could see some kind of glowing core.

"Something very dangerous in the wrong hands. Don't worry, it's currently sealed." A voice said. Only then, turning to the side, Gran noticed the only other person present in that strange place beside him: a boy one or two years older than him, with hair a darker shade than his own, wearing a white robe with a red design on the chest. He was sitting on one of the coffin-like things and smiling amiably at the young skyfarer.

"I see?" Gran scratched his head, unsure how to reply to the other boy's statement. "Uhm, can you tell me where I am? And who are you?"

"Where? Well, that's a tough question. Think of this as...somewhere between dream and reality: not quite real, but not quite an illusion either." He stood up before taking a few steps towards Gran. "The second is easier: my name is Hakuno Kishinami, Archer's former Master. And you're Gran, right? Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you Hakuno." Gran gave a small nod before blinking. "Wait, Archer's former Master?"

"Mh." Hakuno crossed his arms. "Think of it as the relation between a knight and his liege. Ah, but it's not like I am nobility or something." He uncrossed his arms and shook his head in amusement.

Gran nodded in understanding. "Do you know him well then?"

Hakuno smiled. "You can say he's my best friend. When I was all alone and about to die he saved my life, and afterward continued to assist me even when things seemed completely hopeless. Don't be fooled by his cynical attitude and sarcastic comments, once you get to know him you find out he's just a nice guy with bad social skills." He looked around before leaning forward and whispering with a smirk. "Except around women. Don't believe a word he say about it, he's waaay too much popular with the ladies. When Rin did that suspiciously vague ritual I didn't see him complain, not at all."

Gran really wasn't sure how to react, so he just stood there looking awkward while Hakuno chuckled to himself.

"Aah, sorry sorry. Just recalling a funny memory. I haven't many of them." He clapped his hands before crossing them behind his back. "You know, I was a bit worried when I saw him just drifting around, doing things without a clear goal. It was like he was just moping around, you know. But now he has started moving forward again, and I have to thank you for that, Gran." Hakuno grinned, his eyes closed. "Take care of him for me, okay? That guy works too hard and forgets to have fun if left alone, but I hope he will help you just as much as he helped me."

"I got it." Garn nodded with confidence. "But you should tell him that yourself. If you tell me where you live I'll make sure to make a stop there: I'm sure Archer will be happy to see you again."

"Thanks, but that's impossible." Hakuno shook his head, a sad smile on his face.

Gran's vision began to fade away.

"After all, I'm-"

[*]​

The young Skyfarer opened his eyes, wincing at the sunlight pouring through the window and into his face.

"Good morning Gran!" Vyrn greeted him, the small creature already up and peppy. "Slept well?"

"Uh..." He sit up and rubbed his eyes. "I...feel like I had a dream."

"Oh yeah? What kind of dream?"

He rubbed the last of his sleep and looked up, a light frown of confusion on his features. "I...don't remember. But...I think it was about Archer."

"Right, I almost forgot! Uncle Sword and the others made an amazing breakfast!" Vyrn licked his lips. "You absolutely mustn't miss it!"

"Alright, alright. I'm up." Gran chuckled before leaving the bed. Even if he couldn't remember the dream, it was fine.

Archer was now a member of his crew. As such, he's going to cherish his company and make sure the man was happy.

That's, after all, what a good captain does.

Omake: Meeting Beyond Time And Space - END

Last edited:
"Aah, sorry sorry. Just recalling a funny memory. I haven't many of them." He clapped his hands before crossing them behind his back. "You know, I was a bit worried when I saw him just drifting around, doing things without a clear goal. It was like he was just moping around, you know. But now he has started moving forward again, and I have to thank you for that, Gran." Hakuno grinned, his eyes closed. "Take care of him for me, okay? That guy works too hard and forgets to have fun if left alone, but I hope he will help you just as much as he helped me."

"I got it." Garn nodded with confidence. "But you should tell him that yourself. If you tell me where you live I'll make sure to make a stop there: I'm sure Archer will be happy to see you again."

"Thanks, but that's impossible." Hakuno shook his head, a sad smile on his face.

"After all, I'm-"

Years later Gran breaks into Mooncell while riding Bahamut and screaming WITNESS ME

Archer just facepalms and Hakuno laughs

"After all, I'm-"

I admit this scene almost made me tear up.

Is there a difference between dying and being deleted in the Moon Cell?

"Except around women. Don't believe a word he say about it, he's waaay too much popular with the ladies. When Rin did that suspiciously vague ritual I didn't see him complain, not at all."
... I feel vaguely cheated that it's Gran instead of Djeeta now more than ever.

... *Shrug* Ah well.

And Archer never gets a happy ending because that's literally part of his Legend. And as a Heroic Spirit it's your Legend more than anything else that defines you, both what you can do and how it's going to end.

... I feel vaguely cheated that it's Gran instead of Djeeta now more than ever.

... *Shrug* Ah well.

And Archer never gets a happy ending because that's literally part of his Legend. And as a Heroic Spirit it's your Legend more than anything else that defines you, both what you can do and how it's going to end.
Nero and Tamamo got happy ends and their legends end HORRIBLY

I really hope Lucio would pop up sometime soon, dude's my first SSR and he carried me through a whole lotta trouble, and I wanna see if Archer could use that slick triple Katanas Lucio got.

I'm looking forward to see where Archer stand among Granblue's strongest baddest fighter. Juutenshu tier?

Everybody knows fem!Hakuno is the best pair for Namless! You had one job, Alex!!
I am still pissed that we never get to husbando the Smug Red Man
I chose Male Hakuno to avoid romantic subtexts with Female Hakuno. Why? Well, to make possible for Archer to romance one of the Granblue ladies, of course :p

Is there a difference between dying and being deleted in the Moon Cell?
Well, if we go by Nasu metaphysics, dying return your soul to Akasha...being deleted by MC? Probably complete oblivion.

I'm looking forward to see where Archer stand among Granblue's strongest baddest fighter. Juutenshu tier?
Yes, he's on par with the Eternals. Less because of weapon mastery, though he's just as good as Song with a bow, and more about the various weapons he has available.

Either complete Oblivion or thrown into the Deletion Box of a computer.

If Extella mechanics happen then Hakuno becomes the Moon Cell King instead of dying

Too bad Archer isn't around and thus no Regalia Servant and thus Verber Archimedes plays him like a fool

I really hope Lucio would pop up sometime soon, dude's my first SSR and he carried me through a whole lotta trouble, and I wanna see if Archer could use that slick triple Katanas Lucio got.

I'd see Lucio as a guy who appears every now and then to give Gran advice ( a friend from Zinkenstill or his Teacher) and Archer is suspiscious of him

Also talkin bout Zinkenstill there's a funny thing about Gran. How he learned fighting? He made a Dragon his rival and they repeatedly fought to draws

Last edited:
Just started playing GBF recently. So, does Djeeta exists in this story too and if so, is she still as much of a premium player as she is in the anime?

Just started playing GBF recently. So, does Djeeta exists in this story too and if so, is she still as much of a premium player as she is in the anime?
Like I said before, I chose Gran over Djeeta for a variety of reasons. But since so many people seem to like Djeeta, maybe in the future I'll write side stories with her. No promises, though :cool:

Back