Sky Blade [Granblue Fantasy X Fate/Extra]

Weapon Specialty: All beside Gu
Last I remembered, Nameless actually has quite an affinity with guns. And EMIYA Alter shows that he isn't bad with guns either.
EMIYA in general, or at least in most fanon I know, had affinity with all offensive weapons. Is just that his most forte is blades (mostly sword, but anything with sharp edge, he can master). So blunt weapon, ranged weapon with no blades (guns usuallly use balls, not sharp shards or anything), magic staves, tomes etc are out. Shield and other defensive tools got the most shaft, even worse than mundane stuff and non-bladed weapons. Except maybe Avalon, which help define him in his growth.

You could also use his FGO stats for reference? Since that one is already balanced for FGO purpose.
GBF:
Min HP: 264
Max HP: 1999
Min ATK: 1649
Max ATK: 11999

FGO:
Min HP: 1843
Max HP: 15969 (level 100 + Fou)
Min ATK: 1566
Max ATK: 13379 (level 100 + Fou)

That would be kinda funny. Archer would be the most tanky character in the entire game with that.

GBF:
Min HP: 264
Max HP: 1999
Min ATK: 1649
Max ATK: 11999

FGO:
Min HP: 1843
Max HP: 15969 (level 100 + Fou)
Min ATK: 1566
Max ATK: 13379 (level 100 + Fou)

That would be kinda funny. Archer would be the most tanky character in the entire game with that.

Well, the HP need to be modified at least. The ATK seems to be just fine? Can any of his FGO skills & NP be translated properly to Granblue term?

Edit: well, at least we know what his second charge attack are. Unlimited Blade Work: apply ATK down and deal massive damage to all enemy?

Last edited:
"Oshiete! Archer-sensei!"

Synopsis: A series of short Interludes Fate Episodes where Gran and Lyra bring up someone's weapon/armor of choice... then Archer tears them a new one if it's too impractical.

EDIT: One of those episodes is about the Black Knight, where Archer actually approves of her choice of armor, since her job is about getting into the thick of combat and shredding her foes.

To the horror of Gran and Lyria.

Doesn't work. Archer can read the memories of weapons

Coiffe's Giant Scissors? Family Art
Carmelina is a Dancer so her Loop of Death makes sense. Aside from those I don't remember any unpractical weapon in Granblue

EMIYA in general, or at least in most fanon I know, had affinity with all offensive weapons. Is just that his most forte is blades (mostly sword, but anything with sharp edge, he can master). So blunt weapon, ranged weapon with no blades (guns usuallly use balls, not sharp shards or anything), magic staves, tomes etc are out. Shield and other defensive tools got the most shaft, even worse than mundane stuff and non-bladed weapons. Except maybe Avalon, which help define him in his growth.
Nameless/Extra!Archer was actually a Sniper, as in with an actual sniper rifle, so he can use guns.

Also Demiya shows that EMIYA can use guns.

I think the problem comes from guns being intricate pieces, with so many moving parts that it's not reasonable to use them for the most part, at least in terms of projection.

It is less an affinity and more that he cheats by copying the skills of the original user. With Kanshou & Bakuya he had to come up with his own combat style.

Ok, so guns:
EMIYA and variants can't store guns into UBW. That's pretty much his restriction regarding them unless he's DEMIYA, which is significantly different.

Trace them? Without the cheat sheet, he needs to memorize them the hard way. Difficult, but doable. Shoot them? No Name knows how and used them (probably because guns are a whole lot less inconspicuous than swords when dealing with non-supernatural targets).

Since he used them, he's probably reasonably proficient with them, so if he wanted to, he could have a gun or two in his person. Not terribly useful, sword wounds just aren't that rare in granblue, but he could see a small piece being worth the weight for those times he's wasting a scrub and doesn't want to waste MP.

How proficient is he? Probably not Servant-level proficient, or he'd have them as included weaponry when summoned, and he can't just copy the skills of a legendary wielder, but he'd still benefit from his mundane and Servant things that make him a good archer: like a good mentality for sniping, a steady aim, being able to reinforce his eyes, or Clairvoyance.

Last edited:
In Granblue most characters have one (or in rare cases two) weapon proficiency and it's mostly a gameplay mechanic, since some characters who you would expect or even see using multiple different weapons, like Okto and Narumeia, only have a single proficiency. It's less about what weapons they are good at and more what weapons they mostly use ands since GBF limits them to two I would argue that Archer should get a sword and bow proficiency.

Doesn't work. Archer can read the memories of weapons

Coiffe's Giant Scissors? Family Art
Carmelina is a Dancer so her Loop of Death makes sense. Aside from those I don't remember any unpractical weapon in Granblue
That's fine.

It would then end up with Gran and Lyria looking at a random party member's weapon, then Archer explaining the "hows" and "whys" of that particular weapon's design... by cheating with his supercharged Structural Analysis.

For swords anyway, like Narumeia's weapon. Weapons other than swords require him to actually cast Structural Analysis directly on the object, IIRC?

The ones with the slightly horrified expressions would be the weapon owners, as Archer would end up revealing bits and pieces of personal history that they don't remember telling him ever.

Last edited:
The ones with the slightly horrified expressions would be the weapon owners, as Archer would end up revealing bits and pieces of personal history that they don't remember telling him ever.
"Like this sword, for example. The pommel design in general represents masculinity, strength of... warrior...."

"...."

"...Archer-san? Archer-san, what's wrong."

"That ia so stupid and wrong on so many levels-Nevermind. Next weapon, please!"

[Archer had totally red face]

I've seen a similar deal in a different fanfic to hilarious results. (Crosswinds of Fate's prologue/side story, where Shirou gets a good look at Lorelei's swagger stick riding crop baton thing.)

SSR Shirou Emiya (burningclaw2)
In response to Alex's comment on te GBF discord how Shirou is Light element while Nameless is a dark memer...

Shirou Emiya

The Young Wrought Iron Blacksmith

Description: The younger incarnation of the Wrought Iron Blacksmith, EMIYA. An Ally of Justice who strives to do his utmost best to save everyone.

Min HP:
Max HP:
Min ATK:
Max ATK:

Rarity:
SSR
Max Level: 80
Element: Light
Style: Balanced
Type: Human

Weapon Specialty: Sword, Bow
Voice Actor: Junichi Suwabe
Recruit Condition: Loyalty

Unique Mechanism: Treats all melee weapon's as Swords, Treats all ranged weapon's as Bows.

Skills:

-Trace On!: Gain a stack of 'Projection' [Grants +8% Attack, +4% Double Attack Rate, +2% Critical Hit Rate per stack. Max stacks 5. Can be dispelled]. CD: 5
--Enhanced(Lvl 55): CD Reduced 5 -> 4, Max Stacks 5 -> 6

-Path of the Bow: Ignores effects of Mirror Image/Other Me for 1 turn. CD: 5
--Enhanced(Lvl 75): Grants 1 turn 20% ATK.

-Everdistant Utopia: Gain Revitilize[HP regen: 1000-1500 per turn. Charge Regen: 15% per turn. Lasts 5 turn]. CD: 8.
--Unlocked by completing: Prophecy Upon that Summer Hill at level 45

Support Skills:

-Path of Breathing and Walking: Increase Charge Bar Speed.

Charge Attack:

-Caliburn!!: Deals Massive Superior Element to one target.

He has no such limitation, as seen in Shirou vs Gilgamesh. Not even with non-weapons like Rho Aias, which Shirou copied and I don't recall him casting such a thing on the shield.
Huh, I thought he had that limitation because of his Origin, where UBW auto-scans any sword that Shirou sees.

Then you brought up Rho Aias. :p

Changes made to Stat Sheet (don't take the hard numbers on face value, I'm not game designer).

I don't know much about Granblue Fantasy, but shouldn't Rho Aias is more of directly reducing damage until certain point?

For example, reduce damage, say, until 3.000. so anything below that is 0, but 4.000 damage will only damage 1.000 toward us? With additional direct damage reduction if enemy used spear?

Unless effect like that didn't exist in GBF and/or making it unbalanced. I don't know how the damage are calculated in GBF. The only F2P mobile game I reverently play is FGO.
There is an effect like that. Good idea: changed.

You could also use his FGO stats for reference? Since that one is already balanced for FGO purpose.
I've used the average stats between two of the Eternals, which he's supposed to be the equal of.

Edit: well, at least we know what his second charge attack are. Unlimited Blade Work: apply ATK down and deal massive damage to all enemy?
Nope: UBW is his final Skill and special Buff, which add bonus like hitting all enemies with his normal attacks (rain of sword) and other things. His second CA, while under UBW, is Excalibur Image.

In Granblue most characters have one (or in rare cases two) weapon proficiency and it's mostly a gameplay mechanic, since some characters who you would expect or even see using multiple different weapons, like Okto and Narumeia, only have a single proficiency. It's less about what weapons they are good at and more what weapons they mostly use ands since GBF limits them to two I would argue that Archer should get a sword and bow proficiency.
Good idea: changed.

There is an effect like that. Good idea: changed.

Well, the base number is based on FGO gameplay, since FGO single attacks from an enemy tend to be multi hits, so 3000 is about average enough to stop most Mook from seriously harming the Servant, with the bosses being an exception. Since multi hit damage means the damage spread through all the hits.

But if GBF tend to just use one attack one hit like FF series where all the damage is in that one hit, I think the number should be higher?

Also, due to the legend, Rho Aias held advantage to spear type weapon.

Last edited:
Huh, I thought he had that limitation because of his Origin, where UBW auto-scans any sword that Shirou sees.

Then you brought up Rho Aias. :p
Specifically, UBW faithfully records every "Armament" Shirou so much as glance at and shields very much are weapons, so they get recorded as well. The effect of his Origin is that the further away from the concept of Sword an item is, the heavier the cost in Prana. Sword NP cost about 2 unit of Prana to trace on average, spears are...I think it's twice that ? Thrice maybe ? Well, in any case, Rho Aias can't cost more then 10 units as it's the maximum yield of Shirou's circuits.

Specifically, UBW faithfully records every "Armament" Shirou so much as glance at and shields very much are weapons, so they get recorded as well. The effect of his Origin is that the further away from the concept of Sword an item is, the heavier the cost in Prana. Sword NP cost about 2 unit of Prana to trace on average, spears are...I think it's twice that ? Thrice maybe ? Well, in any case, Rho Aias can't cost more then 10 units as it's the maximum yield of Shirou's circuits.
Rho Aias probably 6-8, since it's cost about 3-4 times of "normal" arms. Or at least, that's my take on it.

In response to Alex's comment on te GBF discord how Shirou is Light element while Nameless is a dark memer...
Nice sheet Flame: what kind of reward would you like (within reasons of course)?

Also, due to the legend, Rho Aias held advantage to spear type weapon.
That's true, but while party members are categorized over what kind of weapon they wield, spears included, the enemies in GBF are not. So a weapon-related effect can only target your party members.

Nice sheet Flame: what kind of reward would you like (within reasons of course)?

That's true, but while party members are categorized over what kind of weapon they wield, spears included, the enemies in GBF are not. So a weapon-related effect can only target your party members.
What's on the table?

Cause I certainly wouldn't mind an interlude of Gran having a dream meeting with Hakuno...or a side-story of Shirou manifesting due to a magic artifact or something.

What's on the table?

Cause I certainly wouldn't mind an interlude of Gran having a dream meeting with Hakuno...or a side-story of Shirou manifesting due to a magic artifact or something.
If it is an omake, it's alright. Not sure if what I would write will match your imagination, but I'll do my best. Just say the scenario and details.

If it is an omake, it's alright. Not sure if what I would write will match your imagination, but I'll do my best. Just say the scenario and details.
If it's the dream; Just write how you think Gran and Hakuno(in Extella outfit :p) would act, with Hakuno knowing about Archer joining Gran's crew.

If it's the Young Archer appearing; I imagine it going something akin to the crew wondering how Shirou(Naïve idiot) could actually be Archer(Pessimistic idiot :p)

The easy way to solve this is to have Kaguya be Hakuno sporting rabbit ears. Hey she is the queen of the moon, it makes perfect sense.

Back