Shadows on the Silverbird (Mafia)

I've gotta ask, are you alright TMR? You've been doing that a lot this game.

I mean tbh I'm assuming Nictis is legit telling the truth here because if he was scum it'd be less scummy sounding to claim the cop investigated Estro given his didn't come out until both Estro and I confirmed I had jailed Estro.

Bit of a round about logic, but Nictis could tell better scum lies given the conditions.

I mean tbh I'm assuming Nictis is legit telling the truth here because if he was scum it'd be less scummy sounding to claim the cop investigated Estro given his didn't come out until both Estro and I confirmed I had jailed Estro.

Bit of a round about logic, but Nictis could tell better scum lies given the conditions.

I've gotta ask, are you alright TMR? You've been doing that a lot this game.
I'm stuck mobile posting and who replied doesn't work on my phone, which makes searching down and quoting pretty hard. Plus, mobile posting situation also means I don't have a lotta time to post, so I'd rather post to ask then potentially not find outx

I feel kind of useless right now.

Derped on Asteroh being dead and I have nothing to add.

Shit... Has Cake said anything?

Okay I've been waffling about even raising the possibility but... Let's at least allow the wine without shooting myself in the foot.

If I jailed Crystalwatcher to potentially stop the loss of the doctor, would town consider that an acceptablly town action? It means the doctor not healing so is potentially counterproductive, but...

Not committing to actually doing it since scum won't attack if I'm committed, but don't want to do it if town would consider it scum play.

Okay I've been waffling about even raising the possibility but... Let's at least allow the wine without shooting myself in the foot.

If I jailed Crystalwatcher to potentially stop the loss of the doctor, would town consider that an acceptablly town action? It means the doctor not healing so is potentially counterproductive, but...

Not committing to actually doing it since scum won't attack if I'm committed, but don't want to do it if town would consider it scum play.
I one hundred and negative fifty nine percent approve of this plan!

Yeah since it looks like i am going to be lynched if nothing happens, and nothing is happening, i am juat going to say, since i am my factions Godfather, with a kill and a one off not-strongman kill inmunity, if you kill me. That is the Mutineer faction gone. What then? Du you think this is a setup with 2 scum groups with 2 members and a survivor as not members of town?

I definitely should confirm I have claimed. I'll provide the name of the role though now, I'm the Hunter. Not sure if I'm allowed to give my role's character name or not, but if you guys really wanna know it I can provide it.

I one hundred and negative fifty nine percent approve of this plan!
... I dunno if you're saying you'd consider it me going off the reservation or not here.

Yeah since it looks like i am going to be lynched if nothing happens, and nothing is happening, i am juat going to say, since i am my factions Godfather, with a kill and a one off not-strongman kill inmunity, if you kill me. That is the Mutineer faction gone. What then? Du you think this is a setup with 2 scum groups with 2 members and a survivor as not members of town?

If you are actually the last member of your faction that is all the more reason to kill you to reduce the kills.

Like. I don't believe you in the first place, but even taken at face value haha yes we want you lynched to keep more town in rotation and buy time.

And actually yes I do believe a game with like 9 vanillas or some such silliness might have two two man groups with an extra one time kill plus me as the non town contigent. This is not a terribly powerful town and I'm not actually town, just relatively likely to align with it.

I'd be hammering right now if I didn't feel there was more planning to do.

To be honest since Nictis said his thing i was, or i try and make him look like a liar with my inferior CHA and Diplo, or i make a risky gamble hoping their wincon is surviving and cut a deal like Terra. Since the gambit failed, whatever. I am the only one 100% known to be scum, so i make an obvious target but honestly was hoping there was more caution or paranoia against the other scum group. It seems i was mistaken.

I mean, looking at the OP and kills, there's only two other real options (Ignoring the blatant lie about two members anyways)

I probably don't need to say anything considering you literally just called yourself a Godfather, but I might as well...

You three are vigilantes that need to kill off three different members of the Town (The Cop, The Jailor, and a Vanilla) in order to actually win with Town, against another scum group of probably three but could be two or just a serial killer, which is what you and Pawn are trying to sell. The mutiny is so bad at taking out leadership that The Captain, First Mate, and Second Mate all survived the pregame murders even though they are supposedly your only Town targets.

You three are ----

To be honest since Nictis said his thing i was, or i try and make him look like a liar with my inferior CHA and Diplo, or i make a risky gamble hoping their wincon is surviving and cut a deal like Terra. Since the gambit failed, whatever. I am the only one 100% known to be scum, so i make an obvious target but honestly was hoping there was more caution or paranoia against the other scum group. It seems i was mistaken.
Orrrr you can straight up call yourself scum. I guess I don't need to explain how things look then?
... I dunno if you're saying you'd consider it me going off the reservation or not here.
I can't exactly support it wholeheartedly, and I can't exactly disavow it. It'd defeat the purpose of the wine, no? I personally would prefer if you jailed the other mutineer to keep them from killing anyone at all, but putting some doubt into how good of a target CW is is something I can support. Telling you to do so makes anyone else an open target, so... I can't tell you to do one or the other if I want it to work.

Out of curiosity, do you want some advice Cookie? I won't be spending a lot of time on the thread right now, but I can talk with you more when you join the deadchat later.

The problem is, let's assume you are being honest and are right here.

We could fire blindly into the crowd, lynching a suspect player, and even if we get scum not eliminate a kill.

Or we could kill you and reduce the death rate of town. It's not a hard decision.

I can't exactly support it wholeheartedly, and I can't exactly disavow it. It'd defeat the purpose of the wine, no? I personally would prefer if you jailed the other mutineer to keep them from killing anyone at all, but putting some doubt into how good of a target CW is is something I can support. Telling you to do so makes anyone else an open target, so... I can't tell you to do one or the other if I want it to work.

So should I decide to do it you won't lynch me for it, got it. Enjoy the wine surviving scum.

So should I decide to do it you won't lynch me for it, got it. Enjoy the wine surviving scum.
I mean, you made your allegiance pretty clear earlier. I have absolutely no doubt that you'll be siding with Town at all opportunities now.
If we mentally lock you in as town incorrectly, that could cost the win down the line. I am reading you as town, but if we manage fo cut through all the likely scum and wind up, say, down to you, me, and Estro or something? I don't want to rule you out without harder evidence.

I mean, you made your allegiance pretty clear earlier. I have absolutely no doubt that you'll be siding with Town at all opportunities now.
I suppose I might just have Dovah getting lynched over clever ideas in Curtain Call on my mind. I didn't want to go against plans without some promise of town approval because I didn't want my actions taken as scummy given, y'know, survivor.

Like if I was town per se I might worry less, indeed I'd probably object harder to trying to direct my actions, it's just since I am a survivor I need a certain measure of approval from town to avoid the noose and all. My best bet to win is to help town kill all scum before scum turns their kills on me successfully, after all. And if I were to go actively anti town I'd get lynched.

Which is kinda why I've been honest about being a Survivor once I got caught out as weird because I need to live to the end and if we lynched the cop while I protested innocence I'd almost surely be next.

I mean, cynically I'm gonna claim to work with Town regardless of the truth, but I admit, I hadn't even noticed how much I was slotting myself in to Playing Town til you pointed it put just now.

Though part of it is I have certain doubts the Necro Scum are something I can win with at all. They feel decidedly murderous. Like, I would tend to expect it's possible for me to win with the mutineers, but I'm not gonna advocate for them over town, especially when I don't want to play prisoner's dillema over if they'll take me out at night. It's just safer for me to side with Town for the most part.

I mean if you wanted me to not use my kill you say so and done. If most of town demand i use it in someone in particular i would. But it seems i don't get much trust.
(Ignoring the blatant lie about two members anyways)
Honestly either Pawn is lying, or i am. I don't get why you put more trust in him than me, but you are wrong in doing so.

Out of curiosity, do you want some advice Cookie? I won't be spending a lot of time on the thread right now, but I can talk with you more when you join the deadchat later.

I don't think i am going to play Mafia games again for a while. Of 4 games played, 2 i was Town that died 1st Night, and 2 i am scum Big Bad that lasts 4-5 Days. Not a good record so i am gonna not play Mafia for a while.

With respect, I think jailing the other mutineer is the best choice. While the doctor is nice, given the numbers at this stage in the game, keeping every member of town alive is important. I don't think we're at uh, the one where if we don't lynch perfectly from now on we've lost, but I do think we're extremely close. So, allow me to compare the options.

Jailing the other mutineer should mean that there is only one night kill tonight, unless Purple can pull off another double.

Jailing Crystal means that both of them are free to kill, and since from this conversation they know crystal will be jailed they won't even waste a kill in trying to target them. While there might be scum cross kill, it's statically unlikely. The mutineer might also just choose not to kill, which would be a giant mess to work out in the morning of "is nictis secretly necromancer" and other doubts

I'm pretty hopeful you can see which I'd prefer. I'm not gonna call for you to be lynched if you do it - town needs you alive too much - but I really hope you don't.

If my analysis misses anything, do say

Back