Shadows on the Silverbird (Mafia)

I'm Arbellsa the Skinner. Along with LDJ, our now dead carpenter, it is my job to ensure that our Airship remains intact and in good nick, in my case by looking after the skin of the balloon, along with the lifting gas. I also have some fluff about being picked up seven years ago about being picked up along with a group of former palace guards due to my relationship with one of them, I was previously a tanner. The skills transfer, i guess.

So Terrabrand is confirmed to be mimic with copy powers.

Yep. I looked at the people on the Archeo wagon, because, well, if I was scum Archeo seemed a weak link to push, and I decided Estro, out of players on that wagon, felt most likely to be scum and not a useful town power role.

I considered jailing Crystalwatcher, but I had hoped Crystalwatcher would drop dead in the night. No such luck.

@Terrabrand Have to ask, do you have another charge to Jail with? It'd be helpful if you could keep QT from killing anyone else after we lynch Cookie.

I do possess the ability to jail still. What I do not possess, unfortunately, is the ability to vig people- I scooped up Hybrid's skills, but he turns out to not actually do anything. In case I wasn't clear, I'm able to grab new skills and excercise skills same night, something I have not been intentionally hiding but I realize now was something I could have been more direct on.

Tonight, I figure I'll be grabbing up one of the confirmed power roles and, if we don't see a better option or evidence that QT is not a good option, going ahead and jailing him as you request. I had hoped to pick up a vig power to cut the gordian knot of whether Crystalwatcher is a jester or, like, necro-scum or what, but alas. No dice.

decided Estro, out of players on that wagon, felt most likely to be scum and not a useful town power role.
This is, to be clear, an 'on balance' assessment- I didn't want to jail eg Astaroh because it would stop him from working, so even though I had some suspicions against him, if he was town (he was) stopping him from checking people would be poor play. Likewise, I had some suspicions on Nictis, but believe him likely to be a rolecop from some of his statements in which case if he was town and I was correct I'd rather he had the chance to work.

Alas, maybe I should have jailed Astaroh for his own protection given how the night turned out, but I had hoped our mysterious healer would keep him alive and working.

I think now would be a good time to come clean. Especially since the hammer has dropped to 6. Even if it means I'm likely to die tonight because of it.

I am Jessy, Paladin of Heimnos. Also known as the Doctor. I lurk about at night for a target I choose that evening and cast healing spells on them. I found MaskedReader mauled on Night 2 and saved their life, but apparently ran before someone caught me. Night 1 I healed @Nictis and last night I dropped a heal on @Terrabrand.

I've been using Jester as a smoke screen to cover for my bad luck of getting lynched at awkward times. Apparently I did it well enough that I've also been left alone at night so that's good.

So... Doctor reporting in.

I think now would be a good time to come clean. Especially since the hammer has dropped to 6. Even if it means I'm likely to die tonight because of it.

I am Jessy, Paladin of Heimnos. Also known as the Doctor. I lurk about at night for a target I choose that evening and cast healing spells on them. I found MaskedReader mauled on Night 2 and saved their life, but apparently ran before someone caught me. Night 1 I healed @Nictis and last night I dropped a heal on @Terrabrand.

I've been using Jester as a smoke screen to cover for my bad luck of getting lynched at awkward times. Apparently I did it well enough that I've also been left alone at night so that's good.

I was going to ask where you were for the other nights, but wow, it's only day four. It feels longer. Nine dead already....

So barring a counterclaim I think we can assume Crystalwatcher is probably legit a doctor...
@TheMaskedReader How are you alive?

... Nevermind, I can't read. I thought CW said that they healed me N1 and Terra N2.

... Nevermind, I can't read. I thought CW said that they healed me N1 and Terra N2.
Ah, no. I was wondering what you were talking about. Crystal said they healed TMR n2, which I suppose could make them both necro scum together backing each other by current info but that seems a bit of a long shot given it requires we legit have no doctor... But most likely seems to support the story.

Especially since we now know Yun is not scum, so the roleblock wasn't why no kill that night.

Well since it looks like town needs to claim, I am Kannis the Chef. Soooo, we have scum then it looks like? or at least one faction. Sooooo, yeah, guess we know who to vote.
[X] Lynch Cookie SIde

@Nictis sorry about that! I've been trying to fake out being a power role by fading into the background so I can draw off fire, but with the current mess of reveals that seems impossible and scum isn't biting
I am Deckhand Morrigan
Vanilla here, unfortunately. I can only offer circumstantial evidence that I'm not a godfather, but:
-If I were scum and Pawn wasn't posting, I would be. It's not that scum!me would never fade into the background, but it would be very unlikely that I would let us have no one on the team who can sway town votes easily. It's almost always worth it even with the added conspicuousness.
-It would be mildly out of character for Pawn to give me away by giving enough information to identify me. It could definitely happen, but if you had told me ahead of time that Pawn fucked up in that way I would be mildly surprised.
-I could have given a hypothetical teammate of mine much better advice on how to play this than what cookie side has
-If I were a godfather, there are more reliable ways to play this, and I am experienced enough that it should be obvious I know them. Being suspiciously inactive is decent for drawing investigations, but cops don't usually publish innocent results and it's much more likely to get me lynched before I can get a free clear.

All these are just circumstantial, though. They should help, but they don't prove I'm innocent. Thankfully, I can do better:
Either scum know who the top brass of the crew are, or they don't.
If they do, then they wouldn't have killed lostdeviljho. They aren't an officer and they aren't as big a threat as Terrabrand or even you would be based on vet skills; I think it's obvious that I wouldn't have had them killed as scum, so any knowing!scum team that includes me would not hit them, especially if our kill power were limited or somehow unreliable like this seems to be.
If they don't know, then the fact that I hit some power roles in my suspicion posts is a coincidence.

You know what, there's an easy way to solve this. @Cookie Side , reveal your partner. We ought to kill the other scum first anyway if we can, since they seem a) more lethal and b) probably stoppable with a single elimination. If you reveal, I'm fine putting off killing you since if you're lying we can remove your faction in a day. If you don't reveal, it's blatantly obvious your faction is only pretending to not be scum.

Enough faff, then.

[X] Lynch Cookie Side

I'd be interested to hear the logic behind this one, actually. What makes you think that? Also, how do you square that with your point a)?
Purple seems to be more lethal because they have had twice as many kills go off as green. I suspect purple of being a serial killer because multiple kills in a night is rediculous for a team and would make them way more dangerous than green, it would make their relative odds highly unfair, and because I think team + serial killer is the most likely setup for multiple scum groups at this game size

Also, because if purple is a team, town now only has a plurality and could quickly lose that.

Also, note @Estro that that puts this at 5 votes, which is why I refrained from doing so; unless I miscounted 1 more vote is a lynch, so someone might want to fix that so the day doesn't end early.

Like i said earlier, I don't have any other partner than Pawn. I don't know why he said that. I am the Bosun, the logistics guy of the crew and the boss of the mutiny.

@Nictis sorry about that! I've been trying to fake out being a power role by fading into the background so I can draw off fire, but with the current mess of reveals that seems impossible and scum isn't biting

... Hmm. I'm not hard convinced but I can buy this given I just had you killed n1 last spacebattles game so you know at least some scum players will bite on you as low activity meaning power role.

Gonna need to take some time to compile the current claims and figure out which are least well supported when I have the chance. Assuming noone beats me to it.

Back