Self-Insert Idea Thread

It's schizo-tech, not ultra-tech.
They can program sapience in a toaster on accident. A Star Wars Programmer on Earth would be leagues more capable on Earth than the other way around. The absolute best you can do is introduce concepts, and chances are the locals will be able to use the concepts you teach better than you can with their tech since they will both learn your knowledge and already have the knowledge base to work with their own tech, so after they milk you of your obscure knowledge and off the wall ideas they'll probably kill you so you don't fall into the hands of the Republic and because Count Dooku is a Sith.

On top of what everyone above is saying, the coding language will be completely different, and unless you go with rob shenanigans they have a completely different alphabet.

Ok so if your set on wanting power armour that will open up a lot of plot holes in your story.
For starters you get quirks at latest age 6, so you'll have about 10 years of training with your quirk. If you get power armour that would completely change any semblance of a fighting style you have going.

To be fair- I'm currently re-doing my notes on the Quirk matter. The basic premise, however, is that the SI's Quirk is supposed to be utility-based, rather than combat-based. Operation: Electric Eel ultimately backfired because my mind constantly forgets that Kaminari had effectively the same Quirk- mine just had a much more painful drawback rather than "Wheeey!". So long as the SI can be the "Power" to the "Powered Armour" I'm happy.

What do you do when the power armour gets fucked up in a fight? If it's a thing that's totally unique it'll be almost impossible to fix.

Given the current take is me giving the "Former hero beaten by Stain." origin for the armour a go- basically, the guy has sufficient spares for maybe one ro two full-rebuilds of the Armour. Given that hero isn't going to be using them, the parts are sent with the armour to UA, with the belief that they could (likely) manufacture further spares if something does happen.

How does your power armour fit you? Unless you make the power armour yourself it's not going to tailored to your exact size which is kind of important. Even if it is, you will still grow so you'd need to make modifications every couple months as you grow taller.

The same way most SIs have nice things happen to them spontaneously- plot expediency. In depth? He's got at most two inches on the former Hero.

Part of the reason why he wants to meet Power Loader is so that he can help him further understand how to maintain the Armour- with both of them being "Armoured" heroes, surely he has some advice on the matter, right? Having Mei around with her techno-whizzery would also help should the suit require upgrading.

Overall I don't think you can really go the power armour route unless you build it yourself, which unless you're already a technicality genius you won't be able to do without a different quirk.

As I said before- the whole "Acquiring power armour" is more the universe giving him a fair hand, seeing as his Quirk isn't, outside of making the Armour actually function, meant to be immediately useful like most of the MHA cast's are. I just need to figure out what to replace his Electric-charge Quirk with.

Last edited:
To be fair- I'm currently re-doing my notes on the Quirk matter. The basic premise, however, is that the SI's Quirk is supposed to be utility-based, rather than combat-based. Operation: Electric Eel ultimately backfired because my mind constantly forgets that Kaminari had effectively the same Quirk- mine just had a much more painful drawback rather than "Wheeey!". So long as the SI can be the "Power" to the "Powered Armour" I'm happy.

Given the current take is me giving the "Former hero beaten by Stain." origin for the armour a go- basically, the guy has sufficient spares for maybe one ro two full-rebuilds of the Armour. Given that hero isn't going to be using them, the parts are sent with the armour to UA, with the belief that they could (likely) manufacture further spares if something does happen.

The same way most SIs have nice things happen to them spontaneously- plot expediency. In depth? He's got at most two inches on the former Hero.

Part of the reason why he wants to meet Power Loader is so that he can help him further understand how to maintain the Armour- with both of them being "Armoured" heroes, surely he has some advice on the matter, right? Having Mei around with her techno-whizzery would also help should the suit require upgrading.

As I said before- the whole "Acquiring power armour" is more the universe giving him a fair hand, seeing as his Quirk isn't, outside of making the Armour actually function, meant to be immediately useful like most of the MHA cast's are. I just need to figure out what to replace his Electric-charge Quirk with.
I mean if it was me writing the story I wouldn't bank on just the power suit. If you just find it that kinda gives you a cap on your power as well since the suit isn't going to get magically better. What could the power suit do that Deku couldn't? If it's just a strength buff most quirks already do that better.
Personally I'd go for some type of Technopathy.You could build your own suit but it only really works because your quirks is doing most of tech aspects. Depending on the strength of the quirk it would allow you to do more then just be a guy in a powersuit with medium level strength.

Dunno if many watched Re:Creators-anime, but the whole premise had me wonder if to attempt an SI mainly based on my deep interest with the given subject - Fictional Characters living in our world and interacting with the idea that they're fictional. Been also intrigued by concept of SI-centric fics lately, so yeah.

One idea I had was that SI is an author of light novel that sorta is tongue-in-cheek stab on infamy and criticism towards " MMO power fantasy"-related fiction such as Sword Art Online and Ready Player One, mainly through it's main character that would be both loved or hated for being a basically a male power fantasy that has also possesses ton of gamer knowledge. Basically take the "Gary Stu"-criticism that Kirito created with his overall character and how Ayato from Asterisk War took that to it's most logical conclusion.

This MC would be transported to the real world, but finds himself suddenly lacking any of the powers he could do in his MMO, upon which he has to find the SI, his Creator, and both must to figure out what has happened.

From what I thought of revealing later would be that this is because of the skewed believing on the MC: tons consider him a bad self-insert from the author itself (the SI), only having certain special powers through plot armor and other asspulls to the point of ruining the suspension of disbelief from the story for them - meanwhile others like the character for that very same reason, but that's because "it's cool". So the character is popular (which is how he got out to the real world according to Re:Creators-logic), but can't conjure powers to defend himself or anything because overall suspension of disbelief from the detractors prevent it from happening. Thus the Author has to go rewrite him for better in his next novels, while figuring out what's making the phenomena happen that brought these two together - not his Creation is not only defenseless, but starts to bit get to an inner turmoil about himself after finding out he indeed is just "a poorly-written power fantasy for basement-dwelling otaku at best".

Might make this cross with the actual canon of the series, perhaps having to do with the Military Uniform Princess and her followers and the main cast opposing her.

Working on this ATM and maan, it's bit... difficult to write characters intentionally meant to be super-cliche and pandering as possible. Do you suppose I should possibly go dig deep to my own wish-fulfillment desires or characters of my own personal preference to write the world for the wish-fulfillment Isekai LN-protagonist and it's world for the author?

It'd be kind of amusing yet little weird because it'd be counting as somewhat tongue-in-cheek self-deprecation. :V

My muse seems fond of going in strange directions. Apart from an SI into the Sengoku Era that is later revealed to be in the Nasuverse, the muse also had an idea about an SI into that bloated monster of a megacrossover called Undocumented Features, where the SI goes off on space mercenary adventures and watches the Eyrie cast go through their wish fulfillment while the SI has to deal with things like Space Monsters, the frayed edges of reality from the forced merging of so many disparate franchises, and stopping the Flood and Ur-Didact from wrecking everything.

Although I think I'll go with Nasuverse buddy-adventure with SI and Oda Nobunaga first.

An idea for SI in Evangelion verse, basically you became a spirit that is bound into Rei Ayanami's existence, Lilith summoned you for a reason.

Basically you were gave a mission, save Ayanami 2 and lead her towards happiness and avoid Third Impact, if you manage it Lilith will reward you with your life back, but you will be filthy rich.

An idea for SI in Evangelion verse, basically you became a spirit that is bound into Rei Ayanami's existence, Lilith summoned you for a reason.

Basically you were gave a mission, save Ayanami 2 and lead her towards happiness and avoid Third Impact, if you manage it Lilith will reward you with your life back, but you will be filthy rich.

Really? I get ROBbed and fulfill a mission and all I get is... money? That kinda sucks.

I mean, money is only useful for better things... and if I've actually experiences epic adventures in a sci-fi verse, most of those better things won't be as awesome anymore.

I've been tossing around a SI idea in my head.

Self-Inserts usually go for either god-like power or pathetic weakness, and usually try to adapt things more to their liking.

What if... a being outside the stories (codename: ROB) gave the self-insert power, with the expectation that they use it... to destroy all the worlds!

The path I was personally thinking of was the four riders of the apocalypse, where the four have reincarnated time and time again, but never found or active all at once; now, finally locating all four in their new lives, he urges them to ride out and destroy everything. None of the four are particularly eager, but three are working on the end as side effects as their desired activities in their lives. The last, the SI, isn't productive in life or in his activities for the end, so they're 'killed' and dumped on 'random' worlds to do three things: 1) awaken the power of the reincarnated soul in them (and thus slowly allow the past to become the present) and gain more power to make the end more likely to come about; 2) slowly convince the SI that the end of the world isn't all that bad, making them more likely to allow the past life to take over; and 3) to break their mind enough so that, again, the past can take over.

Working on this ATM and maan, it's bit... difficult to write characters intentionally meant to be super-cliche and pandering as possible. Do you suppose I should possibly go dig deep to my own wish-fulfillment desires or characters of my own personal preference to write the world for the wish-fulfillment Isekai LN-protagonist and it's world for the author?

It'd be kind of amusing yet little weird because it'd be counting as somewhat tongue-in-cheek self-deprecation. :V
(This is an opinion; take it with a grain or three of salt)

I'd say 'dig into your own wish-fulfillment fantasies, and bring them about in as obvious a way as possible' - thus enabling the cliches to come forth and elicit the desired reaction naturally. Use the first chapter as a snip of the light novel the character comes from, and let the reader's reactions establish what's cliche and what's cool. Then drop them in IRL in the second chapter, knowing what the actual readers appreciate and detest - so you can A, apply your intended design elements to the character, and B, figure out how those character attributes are inducing both your own wish-fulfillment and others' disapproval. Then, you can move forward with the plot and character growth.

I keep thinking of doing a Nasuverse SI, one I've actually written two snippets for and refined them for when I actually get to them in the story itself, but something is holding me back a little.

Actually, maybe it would help if I say what I'm planning to make it about.

Essentially, the SI is dropped into the Nasuverse around the time of the Fifth Grail War thanks to something, not Zelretch in all honesty because I'm sick of that. Anyhow, he has possession of a Class Card, which contains the Avenger Edmond Dantes. He has no idea what to do with it, and just runs about doing shit for a chapter...

Until Rider comes up and kicks his ass because she senses that he's a 'Servant-like being' thanks to his connection with the Class Card. He Installs and drives her away, but has to get healed by Caren Ortensia who has journeyed to Fuyuki in order to make sure the Fifth Grail War proceeds well, as well as to keep an eye on her father.

Caren heals him, but also forms a contract with him to become his Master thanks to the... dubious circumstances surrounding him.

I'll say this first and foremost. This isn't gonna be an SI with a uber powerful SI- far from it. Dantes is actually perhaps the most balanced Avenger lore and gameplay wise from FGO. In addition, he's gonna fail repeatedly and undergo his own character development alongside Caren.

This is basically what I have definitely planned for now. Would anyone want to read the snippets?

I keep thinking of doing a Nasuverse SI, one I've actually written two snippets for and refined them for when I actually get to them in the story itself, but something is holding me back a little.

Actually, maybe it would help if I say what I'm planning to make it about.

Essentially, the SI is dropped into the Nasuverse around the time of the Fifth Grail War thanks to something, not Zelretch in all honesty because I'm sick of that. Anyhow, he has possession of a Class Card, which contains the Avenger Edmond Dantes. He has no idea what to do with it, and just runs about doing shit for a chapter...

Until Rider comes up and kicks his ass because she senses that he's a 'Servant-like being' thanks to his connection with the Class Card. He Installs and drives her away, but has to get healed by Caren Ortensia who has journeyed to Fuyuki in order to make sure the Fifth Grail War proceeds well, as well as to keep an eye on her father.

Caren heals him, but also forms a contract with him to become his Master thanks to the... dubious circumstances surrounding him.

I'll say this first and foremost. This isn't gonna be an SI with a uber powerful SI- far from it. Dantes is actually perhaps the most balanced Avenger lore and gameplay wise from FGO. In addition, he's gonna fail repeatedly and undergo his own character development alongside Caren.

This is basically what I have definitely planned for now. Would anyone want to read the snippets?

Yes. I would.

Here's a scenario I'd like to see in a one-setting-at-a-time/serial multicrossover, like how so many MTG Planeswalker and PA SIs are set up:

1) Protagonist meets interesting character that looks kinda familiar but is apparently an OC.
2) Interesting character joins protagonist's party and travels to the next setting.
3) Law enforcement agents in the next setting recognize the character on sight and arrest him/her. Turns out the character was actually a major villain from this other setting - "That's where I recognized you from!" - but the SI didn't put the pieces together because the character gave the SI a different name and was living outside the context of his/her home setting.
4) Everything after this depends on whether the character had actually reformed or retired, was maybe amnesiac or just manipulating the SI so s/he would seem more sympathetic, is being shipped with the SI, etc.

Basically anything that involves the Self Insert staying in their own universe while interacting with the fictional one, for example logging onto a game and their player avatar appearing in the fictional setting.

Basically anything that involves the Self Insert staying in their own universe while interacting with the fictional one, for example logging onto a game and their player avatar appearing in the fictional setting.
IIRC, there was a ZNT fic that did that. BS mod/expansion for Guild Wars I think that spit their PC into ZNT as the familiar (and had them actually emote through it and kept them from noticing that this didn't totally add up immediately).

IIRC, there was a ZNT fic that did that. BS mod/expansion for Guild Wars I think that spit their PC into ZNT as the familiar (and had them actually emote through it and kept them from noticing that this didn't totally add up immediately).
Do you have a link to it sounds interesting.

Right. This has been on my harddrive for months now, because I've been too nervous to ever think about posting a SI story because I'm just not an SI person. The few I do read are an axception to the rule, and because I rather like the author themselves. This is something of an experiment I did on a sleep deprived night. So I hope you enjoy and don't tear me apart too much. Though thoughts and stuff would be nice.

~~~

RUSTY

~~~

Waking up was less like waking up, and more like suddenly coming to life. I disliked the sensation immediately and immensely.

I'm not a morning person, or someone who can just wake up like that. I need a customary several or eight minutes to loath the universe before I can get out of bed.

However, that wasn't the main concern as I opened my eyes and was met with darkness. Or I think I opened my eyes. There was the intent, but the mechanical sensation of actually opening them wasn't there. More, it was like my vision just...flicked on.

Weird.

Normally, walking up to darkness like this would be ok. I'm your typical basement dweller and the sun doesn't reach me down here. Just how I like it during the warm season. Except I got the feeling this wasn't the dark of my room, with something pushing down on me from above. At least, I think it was pushing down on me. There was something right in my face, but I couldn't actually make it out.

Whatever it was on me creaked and moaned as I pushed and heaved, trying to get whatever it was on me, off. Whatever it was had my one arm trapped, and me in the dark beneath it as I tried to wrestle my way out, until I was able to force my arm free, and heaved. The sound of tortured metal rose to a low screech as something tore, flecks of something dropped down past my vision as it shifted, and finally fell to the side of me with a crash and an odd, digital buzz as my world lit up.

Curious.

I...I could feel a sense of pain, a dull ache, but at the same time not. Like I was feeling it through a disconnect, a numbed sensation telling me it was there, but not letting me experience it.

I didn't like it. Well, ok, I liked it for not actually feeling it, but the part of me that was actually smart told me that it was a bad thing. Pain is felt for a reason, it's the bodies way of telling you that you've fucked up, and now you gotta fix it.

Above me, sunlight filtered through specks of dust and pollen from the opening in the cave roof above, my joints grinding oddly as I pushed myself up into a sitting position with my left arm seizing up oddly while I heard a strange, mechanical whine. The kind of sound you hear when you are pushing something mechanical too hard and too far beyond what it should be operating at. My vision fuzzed as well, while my ears rang.

So many sensations, so many things I was feeling but not. Was I cold? I think I'm cold. Almost freezing. Like someone had poured liquid ice all over me. A loud clang fills the air as I settle my back against something, and I finally get a look at myself.

My first thought was along the lines of 'dammit, I'm a robot.'

My second thought was along the lines of 'I wonder if it'll buff out?'

Rusted, pitted, moss-covered metal legs weathered down to bare metal and devoid of paint lay before me. An inspection of my arms revealed the same, mechanical limbs, ending in an odd, four-fingered fist.

Okay. Okay. Who wouldn't like waking up as a robot? Chill, it's cool.

I put that on the mental list of things to keep telling myself till it becomes true.

I cast a look at whatever it was that had been on top of me when I woke up, and I found a similar thing as myself; a large, rusted giant of a thing except somewhat more evil looking with its few flecks of surviving dark paint and horned, scowling face. Tentatively, watching the cracked and dark lenses I think were the eyes, I reached out and scraped the moss off of it's armored chest, revealing the many-pointed star beneath it and the gaping hole where my metal fist had been before above that.

I recognized it, and myself now.

'Double dammit. That's a Contemptor Dreadnought of Chaos. Triple dammit, I'm a Contemptor Dreadnought, hopefully loyalist.'

I let that stew for a moments, as the realization hit me.

"Ah hell. I'm in Warhammer."

~~~

Getting up was an interesting affair as I restrained myself from cursing some random god or ROB. I didn't want to take the chance one of them might actually hear me and make the situation worse. Still, I ran through the the List of Who to Blame as an afterthought to distract myself from the main issue at hand.

Unfortunately it didn't help all that much.

Starting off, I was fucking ancient. I was also freaking huge. You seen that scene from Overwatch where Bastion is covered in so much overgrowth you can't even tell he's there at first? That was me and my bunkmate Dreddy the Chaos Junkpile. I'm so overgrown that that I look like a walking moss bed. What I can see from underneath that was bad. The metal was in shit condition, any paint or markings long gone. How long had I been laying there?

Wait, well, not me.

How long had the me that is now me been laying there? Contemptors were a Horus Heresy thing…

Holy shit, my body was at least as old as the Horus Heresy. Holy shit, did I actually have meat in here?

Frantically, I clunked and banged on my chest. Was I the Space Marine in the Dreadnought, or the Dreadnought? I didn't know which one I wanted it to be. On one hand, cool, Space Marine. On the other, there is a dead guy inside of me.

"Please, please, please be the Space Marine."
I begged to myself. Still not touching that can of worms.

In the end, my panic revealed nothing. I was left unknowing which it was. My hopes were that whatever had brought me here had healed up and maybe revived the bundle of organic tissue that used to be a superhuman soldier for me. And that's all they were for the moment. Hopes.

Go-nope, still not going there.

Okay, calming down, taking a dee-

The reflex to choke as no air or the feeling of trying to take breath and failing kicking in almost started the panic again, before I strangled it back down. Okay, sure, not breathing. That's cool. I don't mind. Breathing was boring anyways.

I could almost swear something tightened in my chest as I tried to take another breath and failed, but whatever. Put it out to pasture and panic over it later.

Take stock. That's what the others do in this kind of situation, right? Take stock. Check self, check surroundings, check for cheats.

God I hope I have cheats. Can't remember meeting ROB and being told I'm getting any, so best hope that I'm lucky. If I was in prime condition I might be ok, but I'm a piece of walking history.

OKAY!

YA!

PSYCH UP!

What am I working with here? The act of looking down caused my whole torso to lean forward slightly, as I raised my arms in front of me to examine them in detail. Both left and right were the same, bulky and blocky assemblages of three fingers on top of the hand and a 'thumb' below. The rusted muzzle of something poked out of the middle of what I was thinking as the palm of my left, crumbling into dust when I poked it lightly.

There was some kind of broken mounting on my under arms, telling me something used to be there as well.

Ok, so two hands. Close-combat dreadnought? Then those were likely the remains of storm bolters in my one hand. The other had a strange assembly that looked like it was supposed to open up, but remained firmly shut regardless of how hard I thought at it. But honestly, I was ok with that. Chances are, if I was anything but a close-combat type I would have a ruined piece of hardware for one arm and then a normal one.

So cool. Weren't these powerfists as well? Chances they were, since I woke up with my hand through another Dreadnought's chest. Maybe this guy was a real badass? Hoping he was and it was going to rub off on me. I was an unemployed Canadian male. I don't do fights. Have to figure out how to turn them on.

I checked the spots on my underarms again, noting the moss creeping into a pair of holes that lead deeper in the arms as I scraped it away. I definitely used to have something there. Whatever it was, they were long gone. C'est la vie

The rest of me seemed to be in relatively good condition for being older than dirt. I was up and moving, right? Sure, my joints ground and I could swear there was something whining like the overworked fan on my computer, but otherwise I seemed to be in good shape. No massive, glaring holes in me anywhere. Armor was intact. That's good. Even in this condition, Dreadnoughts are walking tanks. I'm a walking tank. Screw you life, I'm a multi-ton badass by design.

Experimentally, I took a step, my metal foot coming down with an almighty crunch as loose stones and plant life were crushed beneath my tread.

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about."

A few more steps, and I learned that my right leg lagged slightly, and my left had a tendency to just stop for a second before continuing moving. I learned this just in time to avoid face-planting back into the ground.

"Now, that's me done. What about where I am?"

Obviously, I was still in a cave. Above me, the sun had moved, and now shown down directly, illuminating the space. I was in the middle, on a small island surrounded by what would be knee-deep water if I was still a puny mortal. Behind me, Dreddy basked in the sunlight, working on his tan.

Around me, the cave spread out pretty far. It was less a cave, and more a massive cavern. Moss and plants blanketed everything, making the scene seem almost idyllic.

Yet the strange shapes cast in green gave me chills. Carefully, I started making my way to the nearest one.

Stomp, pause, stomp, pause, stomp.

"This is going to take some getting used to."
I groaned internally.

Finally, I had made my way over and loomed over one of the many overgrown shapes littering the area. Carefully, I leaned down, and scraped away some of the moss.

The paint-stripped space marine helmet glared back at me, the the visor dark. Well, not dark. Just a gaping hole blown inwards. I could feel the mental bile rise as the concept that this was a dead guy hit me, but I fought it down as I continued. I gently guided my hand downwards, and scraped away at what I guessed was his chest piece. Hopefully, it had some clues as to who he had been.

Snap

"Dammit!"
I cursed, as something came loose in my grip. Lifting up, half of an ornamental skull glowered at me before it finished deteriorating into nothing. And underneath, the disappointment of more paint-bare metal.

"What the hell? Is it this moss? I thought that this stuff was supposed to last forever or something."

I stood back up, casting my gaze around at all the other shapes. So it was that then. A battlefield. An old one too, if I was here. Where they all like this guy, like me? Time stripping away anything to identify them by?

For a half-second, my vision futzed and the ringing returned in my ears, and I lifted a hand to my... head?

There was that too. Whatever I was using to see and hear was mechanical, and it seemed just as worn out as the rest of me. I should be thankful it was still working at all really. The prospect of being blind and deaf didn't sit well with me at all.

Okay. So I was in a battleground turned graveyard. I imagine that my bunkmate wasn't alone, and that a good number of the shapes out here were Chaos Marines.

But looking down, I could confirm that this was at least an old battleground. I'm not a wargear geek, but I'm pretty sure that the visor and grill design was one of the older ones. So the body I was in now could be at least ten thousand years old.

I gave a mechanical 'shrug' and smiled to myself mentally. Good shape for being ten thousand years old, right?

Now, where could I find an exit, I pondered, as I lumbered towards the dark mouth of a nearby tunnel.

~~~​

Third thought of the day: "These caverns are awesome!"

Fourth thought of the day: "Now where is a freaking exit, before this places drives me crazy?"

They really were pretty incredible. Once again, I realize just how big I am now, and by extension, how large these caves are. Leaving behind the cavern and the graveyard of forgotten Space Marines, loyalists and traitors alike, I took to wandering the system of tunnels and small interconnected spaces. Which is pretty impressive. Last time I checked my fluff, dreadnoughts can push fifteen to twenty feet in a pinch.

How was it put again? Three times the size of a mortal man? You can give most people a solid five feet and change, average Space Marine clocks in at about eight feet, a Primarch around nine to ten?

Sounds right, but if I was back home and on the forums somebody would probably prove me wrong. So somewhere around the fifteen to twenty mark sounded nice. Round numbers. Gotta love 'em.

That said, I had to stretch my arms awkwardly to touch the ceiling, and I had maybe a foot of clearance to either side of me at a good time.

But honestly, the wonder of this entrancing place was wearing off fast. Especially as my foot sounded with a *clang* as it hit something for what was closing in on the eleventh time since I started my journey.

"Please be chaos, please be chaos, please be…"

I leaned down, examining the moss-covered lump at my feet and using my blocky metallic finger, scrapped some of the green away.

Another marine visor stared back at me, as dead and lifeless as the others I had found in the tunnels. This one, unfortunately, was part of the number of those devoid of the warped and predatory features I was coming to connect with the remains of the Traitor Marines I'd seen so far.

"Loyalist then," I sighed in my thoughts. That was on my list of things to address. Figure out how to talk. Stupid dreadnought. Wired up to it, (I think) and I still can't get anything to work. "What the hell are you all doing down here?"

I suppose the other prominent question was "What am I doing down here?"

Ok, fluff-wise, it wasn't hard to get Loyalists and Traitors during the Horus Heresy to start fighting and trying to kill each other. A lot of old grudges and rivalries turned ugly when Horus had his temper-tantrum and turned to Chaos. But at the same time, they didn't fight for nothing. There had to be something to fight over here on...where the hell was I, now that I think about it?

No, don't start that. You got a whole, wide galaxy you could be lost in. Either way, they had to be fighting over something. Maybe if the damn plant life hadn't spent the last who knows how long rendering everyone anonymous I would have a better idea. Unfortunately I wasn't that lucky.

Still, the facts left me a little depressed as I nudged the remains respectfully to the side, and continued on my way. Astartes put a lot of weight on recovering their own from the field of battle if they could. For no one to have done that here, to have separated the dead and given their brothers a honorable burial or last rites? Chances are that anyone who did care or had cared was probably long dead. Maybe they had all been here? It looked like case of mutual annihilation, at least so far.

For every set of remains I tentatively labeled loyalist, I found some I could clearly label as traitor. I had even found a few branches of the path clogged with the overgrown remains of the dead, claimed by the omnipresent moss where they had died. In a few cases, frozen in time as they killed an enemy and were killed in turn. I had found a pair locked together, perfectly preserved in a snapshot of battle, trying and succeeding to disembowel each other with chainswords.

I couldn't help but feel that I was backtracking through a running battle, culminating in the many caverns that made up this subterranean maze. But who was chasing after who? Were the loyalists chasing down the traitors, or the other way around?

Honestly, as I kept stomping my way down the tunnel, I had no idea. Alone with only my thoughts and the sound of my travel. Oh, and the corpses. But they didn't quite count. The last thing I wanted to contemplate was being lost down here indefinitely with them. The idea of being the minotaur to the labyrinth didn't sit well with me. I'd probably go crazy just wandering down here. I just wish I had something to help distract me-

~Hello darkness my old friend~

I paused as my hearing fuzzed for a second, before the chords started playing and the memorable voice of Draiman started singing.

I stood there for a moment, just soaking in the guitar and piano with a mental smile before continuing. I could imagine that my mechanical tread had a bit more spring to its step as I offered a silent but pointed thank you to no one in particular, on the off-chance there was someone involved. I let the song choice pass, and the fact I somehow had music period, and chose to and focus on purely enjoying that I had it period as I continued my journey once more.

~~~​

I stood straight again, thankful that I didn't sweat anymore as I gazed up at the incline in front of me. Specifically, at the dozens of overgrown lumps that covered the floor of the tunnel leading up. I could only imagine what it was like back when the fighting was happening. This place would have run like a red river, blood flooding down into the lower caves from here. Behind me, the remains of others who had been in my way lined the walls now, the Loyalists carefully handled in comparison to the traitors I had simply tossed out of my way.

All done to some heavenly tones as some Big Bad Voodoo Daddy played in the back of my consciousness. Honestly, it made the work go by easier. I wasn't exactly comfortably taking the fast-and-easy route of stomping over everything. I don't particularly care for the grimdark at large, but the least I could do was be marginally polite. Chances are the marines used to be the buddies of the dreadnought body I was in, and hell, they might have even been one of the comparably nice Legions.

And that was how it had gone for the last who-knows-how-long, and how it was likely to go for the next while. Thankfully I was a metal juggernaut that never got tired, or the view of countless bodies I still had to go through would have me cringing in expected exhaustion.

Back to work then.

I hummed along mentally to the tune, falling into a rhythm as I worked my way upwards and onwards through the remains. It became mechanical almost, and I found myself detaching slightly as I made slow but steady progress.

"Loyalist, to the left. Traitor the right. Loyalist. Loyalist. Traitor. Loyalist. Traitor. Traitor. Traitor. Loyalist," I rattled off mentally. "Thankfully Chaos is pretty obvious about it's design ethics or else this would be a hell of alot more difficult."
If there was one thing I was for certain getting tired of, it was this damned moss. It was everywhere. It had been on me when I had woken up, it was on all the bodies, it was all over the caves, everywhere I went I found more of the stuff. I couldn't see the rock half the time beneath it, and it kept tripping me up. Something that I would think was a body was actually just a oddly shaped rock, and the other way around as well.

I was pretty sure the first time I had picked up a particularly oddly shaped rock only to have the moss crumble away and reveal a (thankfully dead) grenade shaved a few years off my life.

Then I remembered I'm nothing but armor and no fleshy bits to explode, so I tossed it aside and kept on going.

"Traitor, loyalist, traitor, traitor, loyalist, loyalist."

Before long, the slope started to even out, and I could hear a whisper of a breeze blowing past. I imagine that if I still had skin, I could have felt it. There had to be an exit nearby. Or at least, a large enough space that I could maybe work on getting my bearings. The sooner I was out of this place, the better. I'd be happy if I never saw a plant again for the next few months at least.

The idea of freedom spurred me onwards, barely keeping track as I waded my way upwarded, devoting just enough attention to pushing aside the remains of fallen warriors that I didn't slow down. From above, I could see a pinpoint of light growing brighter and larger, and the sound of wind reached my electronic ears all the stronger.

To me, it sounded a lot like heaven.

"Sorry if I'm rough folks, I think it's time for me to find some new digs. Crypts are cool, but I imagine there are better places I could be." I internally apologized to the fallen as I continued to hurry, the ground crunching my weight. I heard the occasional crack or snap as something other stone was caught under my robotic feet. My enthusiasm soared as my surroundings started to change. I could see things sticking out of the walls, that looked like metal struts, or the remains of them.

The light was blinding now, and the wind could be clearly be heard. I almost tripped as I took the last few steps and emerged past the glare into the light and what I hoped was the outside world.

Above and before me, a purple-tinged blue sky stretched far and wide as the horizon glowed with a setting sun promising the night. Below, a carpet of green in all directions. Trees, plants, all manner of things stretching out as far as the eye could see.

It was beautiful. Beautiful indeed.

I think I cried a little inside at the sight of all the greenery, but it was beautiful.

And I think I had it all to myself.

Now, was that good or bad?

~~~​

Hi folks. At the moment writing SI into Prey (2017). Starting point just before Typhon containment
breach. Everytime MC dies simulation starts over - SI remembers previous loops also skills gained
due to Neuromods are retained.

Morgan Yu doing his/her thing keeping mostly to original plot.

Got few rough chapters ready but most likely they'll need more work.
Struggling a bit with game mechanics vs story.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. My muse has kinda been weird, and well, I got this strange idea in my head about a Persona 3 SI, where the MC gets turned into a chick, and then dropped right in the middle of a Dark Hour.

See, the part I'm struggling with is the MC's Persona, which'll be that of the Hanged Man Arcana, but what the specific Persona will be, now that's what I'm having problems with, and would like to hear opinions on what might work, and be fun to visually describe and maybe draw.

Hello everyone. My muse has kinda been weird, and well, I got this strange idea in my head about a Persona 3 SI, where the MC gets turned into a chick, and then dropped right in the middle of a Dark Hour.

See, the part I'm struggling with is the MC's Persona, which'll be that of the Hanged Man Arcana, but what the specific Persona will be, now that's what I'm having problems with, and would like to hear opinions on what might work, and be fun to visually describe and maybe draw.

Is there a plot reason why the MC needs to turn into a girl, or is that SI preference?

Will it affect the mentality of the SI? Will that in turn affect his/her Persona?

Attis might be a good fit, with the whole 'castration' thing in his mythology.

Is there a plot reason why the MC needs to turn into a girl, or is that SI preference?
Truthfully, no, there isn't a big plot reason, nor is it SI preference, simply something that tickled my fancy at the time, and truth to be told, I have another Gender bender SI in mind, where the Genderbending is a plot point.

Will it affect the mentality of the SI? Will that in turn affect his/her Persona?
Well, yes, of course there will be mental effects, the most common and first ones being grief over the sudden transformation, and well, whereas before the change, the SI's Persona would've strictly been male, now, it's a bit more open.

Attis might be a good fit, with the whole 'castration' thing in his mythology.
Yeah... except that Attis kinda doesn't fit in with the rules I place on myself, namely the one about me not using Personas that are in the Social Link rosters of the current Wild Card.

1: Thou must follow the theme set by the Initial Personas/Personae of the canon crew, in this case: Greco-Roman.

2: Thou shan't pick a Persona that is either in use by another character, nor one that is in the Social Link roster of the Local Wild Card.

Alright, so the idea where the Genderbending is a bit bigger of a plot point is a Infinite Stratos one.

Tl;dr: SI gets booted out of wormhole near/in Tabane Shinonono's base, SI's body is fucked, Tabane is intrigued by the phenomenon, decides to take the body for healing, then rummages the mind for info, and after she's bored, puts the mind into a fake body, which pisses the SI off, but can't do shit.

Cut to some far, far away point in the future, the SI is in a cell, being interrogated for why s/he killed Tabane.

The story's structure would be taking from P5, Starting from the jail-cell, with Harem-Kun's/Canon protag's sis being the interrogator.

I have no real desire to do this story, it's just something that's been mucking around in my head.

Back