Witch is perfectly normal for a risen in the near future, given recent events. :)
I know nothing about Destiny, so if that's true I wouldn't have known.
She definitely would be the first to do so, and as such likely the greatest/strongest. Especially with Sword Logic giving her a boost. (She has killed TWO god-like figures...)

Both the trailer and the livestream for the upcoming expansion revealed that there's a new Element/Subclass that will be coming, that uses the Darkness (so called Stasis Element).
To add on to that, one of the main gimicks of the latest season involves Umbral Engrams - which are Darkness-oriented. A pretty big thing, at least at the moment, seems to be about needing to use the Dark to fight the Dark.

Both the trailer and the livestream for the upcoming expansion revealed that there's a new Element/Subclass that will be coming, that uses the Darkness (so called Stasis Element).
To add on to that, one of the main gimicks of the latest season involves Umbral Engrams - which are Darkness-oriented. A pretty big thing, at least at the moment, seems to be about needing to use the Dark to fight the Dark.
I perceive this having no lasting consequences and in no way will this play right into the hands of Savathun. (/s)

I perceive this having no lasting consequences and in no way will this play right into the hands of Savathun. (/s)

Funny that you should say that. Between what we have seen from the starter mission and a recent lore post, Savathun is apparently weaving her own plots against the Pyramids and us. And she has even brought Nokris into her fold to "obscure the connection between the Deep and the Sky, so we may walk unpeeded" as payment for teaching her the heretical practice of True Necromancy. Nokris even refered to the Witch Queen, or rather the Taken Queen, as Savathun, Subjugant to None, Sword Breaker, and Queen to the Taken Throne.

To be fair, given that is si possible to have Lightbearers who are not inherently good, it isn't too far-fetched to believe it is in some way possible to wield the Dark without becoming/being inherently bad. On top of this, one does need to look into the very real thematic and conceptual connections between the Light and Dark with Chaos and Order respectively, given that Light is commonly associated with numerous elements linked conceptually to Chaos (passion, irrational emotion, freedom, rule-breaking (via the Gardener), complexity, etc) and Dark is commonly associated with numerous elements conceptually linked to Order (logic (a cold, unfeeling calculus is how it's descriebed in one of the Lore books, IIRC) rules/systems, slavery/servitude, simplicity, etc).

Given that memetic corruptions and hazards tend to be associated with logic-based mechanisms, it's not too out there to believe that many of the seemingly corruptiive problems wielding the Dark seems to contain have in fact been caused by memetic hazards created using the Dark but which are not inherently part of it. This, in turn, means it's not too out there to believe that, bereft of those hazards, it might be possible to learn the ways of the Dark without the levels of corruption previously seen, or at least with it being more controlled/channeled.

Of course, this is all assuming I'm correct about the thematic links, and it's worth noting that I've yet to play through the new Prophecy Dungeon, which, if the premise is to be believed, will give us greater information on the true nature of the Darkness.

You know, it will be quite interesting seeing how Weaver fights alongside her squad, instead of merely tagging along with the Guardians. How would their dynamic differ?

Back