Outside Context Solution (Mass Effect/Pacific Rim)

Wait...

It would be badass, but the Geth in this story would be less likely to do it unless they had one of their QECs installed in the Jaeger too. They've gotten used to the togetherness.:)

Does this mean that the Geth already achieved their goal of every Geth being together? You know, in canon the Geth wanted to make a massive server farm around a star, and the Heretics wanted to cheat with a Reaper body? Does the QECs already allow for that, while still allowing the Geth to remain mobile?
Well damn, what's the Geth's end goals now?

On a side note, I was wondering if the Kaiju Masters would start to specialize, once the Geth start to take out their creations before they can even make landfall. For example, make an aquatic specialized form that would establish a beachhead for amphibious assault kaiju.

Does this mean that the Geth already achieved their goal of every Geth being together? You know, in canon the Geth wanted to make a massive server farm around a star, and the Heretics wanted to cheat with a Reaper body? Does the QECs already allow for that, while still allowing the Geth to remain mobile?

Future chapter will explain what the Geth are doing in lieu of a mega-structure, however their goals have become different; they want to improve themselves and their understanding of the universe, they want to understand/quantify what a "soul" is, and they want the Creators to stop wanting to kill them.

So, y'know. Stuff.

But yeah, the QEC allows the entire Geth Consensus to be constantly in contact while still able to interact with and learn about the universe. They decided this was the more desirable alternative.

On a side note, I was wondering if the Kaiju Masters would start to specialize, once the Geth start to take out their creations before they can even make landfall. For example, make an aquatic specialized form that would establish a beachhead for amphibious assault kaiju.

Events beyond the Perseus Veil have reached a point of terrifying equilibrium. When that balance tips, the entire galaxy is gonna feel it.

EDIT: The Geth also want to incorporate the number three in as much of their stuff as possible because [NO DATA AVAILABLE] :p

Last edited:
Wait...

.. :confused: .. waitaminute ..

According to Word of MGS the "breaches" require an ocean to work. (One of the reasons Tuchanka hasn't been invaded yet.)

.. how hard would it be for the Geth to build an underwater dome and pump it full of air? Thus cutting the breach off from the ocean?

Note I don't think this would work (it would make the story short and boring) but at the same time I wonder if the Geth have ever tried something like that. I doubt Humanity could try that on Earth because it would take too long. Sooner or later a Kaiju would come boiling out of the breach and "take appropriate steps to discourage us from that course of action."

.. the Geth, on the other hand, seem to live for rapid deployments and pre-planned engineering ..

.. :confused: .. waitaminute ..

According to Word of MGS the "breaches" require an ocean to work. (One of the reasons Tuchanka hasn't been invaded yet.)

.. how hard would it be for the Geth to build an underwater dome and pump it full of air? Thus cutting the breach off from the ocean?

Note I don't think this would work (it would make the story short and boring) but at the same time I wonder if the Geth have ever tried something like that. I doubt Humanity could try that on Earth because it would take too long. Sooner or later a Kaiju would come boiling out of the breach and "take appropriate steps to discourage us from that course of action."

.. the Geth, on the other hand, seem to live for rapid deployments and pre-planned engineering ..

If it matters, they tried that early on. The breach moved.

Precursor: SIr, we've got a problem.
Precursor supervisor: What is it THIS time? >:|
Precursor: Well...
-.-.-
Kaiju: Wheeee I can fly! *splat*
Geth: ... loading facepalm

Precursor: SIr, we've got a problem.
Precursor supervisor: What is it THIS time? >:|
Precursor: Well...
-.-.-
Kaiju: Wheeee I can fly! *splat*
Geth: ... loading facepalm
Then all the Precursors turned towards the Geth Infiltrator in unison. "Geth do not infiltrate," the Geth unit said as it cloaked.
"Intentionally." It finished as it drew its plasma shotgun and fired it point blank into the nearest Precursor's head.

Geth!Badassitude

"Geth do not infiltrate. Intentionally." *cloaking noises*
"Boss, we can't find the robot. I think it infiltrated our sector-"
*BANG*
"... Nevermind, we found it."

Somehow I think the Citadel's reaction to the giant 300 meter tall cloaking Geth Legion Jaeger will be much better when they find out about the Removers.

Consensus Legion: *uncloaks* We are here to help.
Everyone not Geth: *panics*
Remover: I'M HALPING!!!
Everyone not Geth: STOP HALPING!!! BRING BACK THE GIANT ROBOT!!!
Council: That... went surprisingly well.

Somehow I think the Citadel's reaction to the giant 300 meter tall cloaking Geth Legion Jaeger will be much better when they find out about the Removers.

Consensus Legion: *uncloaks* We are here to help.
Everyone not Geth: *panics*
Remover: I'M HALPING!!!
Everyone not Geth: STOP HALPING!!! BRING BACK THE GIANT ROBOT!!!
Council: That... went surprisingly well.
Then the Geth discovered the Internet and proceeded to make every giant robot possible.

Back