Of Stars and Melodies - A Girls Band Party Quest (No Setting Knowledge Needed!)

[X]Suzuki-san

Smoothing things over, or something like that.

I mean, this is not completely for bleeding heart reason after all, it's a chance to see how sax will add to our sounds.

God, reading it again, I really felt the cringe when Hibiki invited someone we barely know to our bandmate's house. 😬 We barely even hung out with them (Yuki and Suzuki) yet.

Yeah, that was awkward. Still, thanks for the (late) birthday present of an update (and to Shioriko and Chiemi Tanaka too, but that's the wrong franchise lol).

[x] Shirokane-san

I cringed when I realized that Hibiki was inviting Chou-san over to someone else's house without asking the other person. At least Yuki seems to be taking it well.
Okay, I just cracked up at the repeated flat what towards the end. I'll see about voting tomorrow, sleep for now!
Yeah, that was awkward.

The cringe is real :p
Hibiki likes to think she's the sane, rational one of the bunch, but is she really? :V

Still, thanks for the (late) birthday present of an update (and to Shioriko and Chiemi Tanaka too, but that's the wrong franchise lol).

Happy (late) birthday! :D

EDIT: Updated the last post with pictures of Rimi and Chou.

Last edited:
Vote closed

Technically too late to be counted :p

It doesn't change the end result either way - but I'll keep it in mind re: Hibiki's thought process, so thank you for your vote anyway!
Adhoc vote count started by EternalObserver on Oct 9, 2020 at 10:22 AM, finished with 15 posts and 9 votes.
Well, looks like you're talking with Shirokane-san again.

Last edited:
Hello there!

This is not a vote, per se - but if anyone wants to suggest one or more songs Hibiki might consider for her band practice session you're welcome! Of course keep in mind that she's Japanese so she'll probably have a focus on Japanese songs (though how interested she is in western music is up to you!)

Well, I'm quite useless for this since my knowledge of Japanese songs that I actually know the names of is essentially just City Pop and a various assortment of anime songs.

Plus, the instruments being keyboard, voice, guitar, drum, and sax would make for an interesting song that I don't know.

Well, I'm quite useless for this since my knowledge of Japanese songs that I actually know the names of is essentially just City Pop and a various assortment of anime songs.

Plus, the instruments being keyboard, voice, guitar, drum, and sax would make for an interesting song that I don't know.

Don't worry about the instruments not matching - the fun of trying to cover a song is making do with what you have - a sax can be a trumpet or a guitar or even a violin ;)

Don't worry about the instruments not matching - the fun of trying to cover a song is making do with what you have - a sax can be a trumpet or a guitar or even a violin ;)

Hmm, well given my obsession, might as well list some songs.

I ain't familiar with songs more commonly found in Bandori or things like it but figured I might as well go with what I know. Chose these two since this is (as far as I know/remember) our first jam together as a group. As such, Hibiki needs to get comfortable with her voice and playing while singing along with the entire group getting to synergize together rather than jumping into the deep end. To that end, both of these songs have essentially all four instruments, good, slow, but solid rhythms and vocals, and aren't particularly intensive so if these are simply just warm-ups compared to whatever else they had planned, they can work as that too.

Edit: Flash by Blu Swing is also really good and fits the criteria I set for myself but I'd rather not post a third entire video and clog the post.
Edit: Edit: Okay, scratch that, practically anything by Blu Swing fits

Last edited:
*looks left*
*looks right*

If anyone still cares about this quest, I wanted to let you know that RL kinda steamrolled me, but I'm alright and working on the next update. Stay tuned.

Yo, we're on track for an update on New Year's.

I'm gonna need 4 sets of 2d50 rolls for Hibiki (the first roll is J, the second is S, the third is P and the fourth is A). Anyone wants to help?

(Also, today it's the 1000th day since bandori went global, yay!)

Last edited:
Back