Voting is open
Confused Jackie Chan and Facepalming Picard Counter New
All Instances of Confused Jackie Chan & Facepalming Picard

Total Confused Jackie Chan Tally: VII

1D100 = 6+25+5+10-15 = 31 (The heck? :jackiechan: )
1D100 = Nat! 2+20+10-15-10 = Nat!Fail! 7 (Why do I even bother... :jackiechan:)
1D3+3 = 3+3 => 6! ( :jackiechan: )
:jackiechan: Bro, at this point, the dice just have a mind of their own. And no one can convince me otherwise.
1D100 = Nat! 1+20+10-15 => Nat!Fail! 16 ( :jackiechan: I... Buh... Whu... :facepalm:)
1D100 = Nat! 97+20+10-10-15 => Nat!Crit! 87 ( :jackiechan: What is going on?!)
1D100 = Nat! 1+15+15-20 => Nat!Fail! 11 ( :jackiechan: THREE NAT ONES?!?!?!)

|==================================|

Total Facepalming Picard Tally: VII

1D100 = Nat! 2+20+10-15-10 = Nat Crit! 7 ( :facepalm: ...of course.)
1D100 = Nat! 96+25+15+10+5 = Nat!Crit! 151 ( :facepalm: Oh, screw off.)
1D100 = Nat! 1+20-15-10 => Neg!Fail! -4 ( :facepalm: Of course...)
1D100 = Nat! 1+20+10-15 => Nat!Fail! 16 ( :jackiechan: I... Buh... Whu... :facepalm:)
1D100 = 11+15+15-20 => 21 ( :facepalm: Can anything be normal in my quest?)
1D100 = 85+15+10-15 => Art!Crit! 95 ( :facepalm: I'm done... I've had enough of this.)

@Randomnerd, thank you for the idea.

Last edited:
Overall, 8.5/10. Not the greatest movie out there, not the greatest American Revolution movie out there, but certainly worth your time.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Yeah, the movie is very good and well acted, given its limited budget. The script has some interesting dialogues. As always, the problem lies with not enough soldiers around, but that is the price of the medium and most other historical movies in fact, were battle scenes and army camps are present.

I also recommend another TV movie: Benedict Arnold: A Question of Honor with Aidan Quinn as the eponymous hero (?) and Kelsey Grammer as Washington. While I prefer Daniels' interpretation of the character, he still does a good job. The script however, is superb and the dialogues are very juicy to hear. Hell, I even learned some of Arnold's classy insults by heart and intend to use them one day. :V

Last edited:
I actually saw a few selected episodes out of curiosity some years ago (mainly those with guest stars, like Dustin Hoffman as Benedict Arnold or Schwarzenegger as von Steuben) and while entertaining they were too lighthearted for me to watch the whole series. :V

Wait

Wait a goddamn second

WHO plays Benedict Arnold??? :jackiechan:

WHO plays Benedict Arnold??? :jackiechan:
Because of Liberty's Kids, Dustin Hoffman is the definitive voice of Benedict Arnold for me. It's just perfect in every way.

They even got the likes of Ralph Fiennes, Warren Buffett, General Norman Schwarzkopf, Whoopi Goldberg, and Walter Cronkite on the show among many other famous actors. It was very star-studded.

Voting will end three hours and twenty minutes from now! Vote now if you haven't, and see if you can write up the last omake bounty before time runs out. :)

Voting Closed New
Voting's closed! Gonna roll now. :)
Adhoc vote count started by Duke William of on Sep 20, 2024 at 6:14 PM, finished with 124 posts and 17 votes.

• [X]Plan: Life and Liberty, For all Mankind:
    -[X] Press Release: Once again, you find yourself meeting those young reporters from the Pennsylvania Gazette for an interview. However, they now seem... hauntingly different.
    -[X] A Navy Life for Me: Captain Arthur Smith is rather interested in the army man who blew up a ship of the Royal Navy. He wishes to have a chat with you.
    -[X] Find an Aide: You've found that your new promotions have led to a sudden surge of duties and responsibilities. You'll need an assistant if you expect to get any of this done well.
    -[X] Dr. Warren's Warranted Worry: Dr. Warren is concerned by how disorganized the Army is in terms of hospitals and medicine. As such, he wishes to enlist your help in comprehensively organizing it.
    -[X] Promise Made, Promise Kept: General Washington has ordered that the Continental Army is to be segregated. Never has your blood burned so hotly before.
    -[X] The old and the new: General Washington has plans on how to conduct this siege, and he's asked you specifically along with some other officers to assist him in making these plans reality.
    -[X] Focus on an Action: You want to make sure you accomplish this task well. (Applies a +10 Bonus to any action of your choice.)
    --[X] Promise Made, Promise Kept
    [X] Plan: winds of freedom
    [X] Press Release: Once again, you find yourself meeting those young reporters from the Pennsylvania Gazette for an interview. However, they now seem... Hauntingly different
    [X] The old and the new: General Washington has plans on how to conduct this siege, and he's asked you specifically along with some other officers to assist him in making these plans reality.
    [X] Find an Aide: You've found that your new promotions have left to a sudden surge of duties and responsibilities. You'll need an assistant if you expect to get any of this done well.
    [X] Promise made, Promise Kept: General Washington ordered that the continental army be segregated. Never has your blood burned so hotly before.
    [X] Hearts and Minds: The facade of stuff upper lips is cracking in Boston. Perhaps you should try to take a hammer and speed up that process?
    [X] Dr. Warren's worry: Dr. Warren is concerned by how disorganized the army is in terms of hospitals and medicine. As such, he wishes to enlist your help in comprehensively organizing it.
    [X] Write to your family: you want to keep in touch with your family, make sure that they're doing well.

Oh great. Here's the negative side of the Magoose dice.

Really hope this doesn't hurt certain rolls especially the Promise one. That would really burn me up if it failed.

So I've been doing some reading on John Glover, our seeming partner in crime when it comes to crazy bullshit.

He was a bad mother... and that's a good thing.

He worked with Washington to charter his ship, the Hannah, to be outfitted with guns to serve as a pirate/Privateering vessel. She's considered one of the first ships in the US Navy, though that title is disputed.

He saved Washington many times at Long Island, and would achive immortality with his instrumental command of ferrying the continental army across the Deleware to fight at Trenton.

He also somehow wound up in Saratoga to fight with his men when he was sent up there.

Really the man is a capable badass, and kinda the forrest gump of the revolution, just appearing at the most important points to save or interact with things.

Turn III Results – July 1775 New
"These are the times that try men's souls."
–Thomas Paine,
The American Crisis

[X]Plan: Life and Liberty, For all Mankind:
-[X] Martial: 3
-[X] Diplomacy: 0
-[X] Stewardship: 4
-[X] Intrigue: 0
-[X] Learning: 0
-[X] Prowess: 2
-[X] Press Release: Once again, you find yourself meeting those young reporters from the Pennsylvania Gazette for an interview. However, they now seem... hauntingly different.
-[X] A Navy Life for Me: Captain Arthur Smith is rather interested in the army man who blew up a ship of the Royal Navy. He wishes to have a chat with you.
-[X] Find an Aide: You've found that your new promotions have led to a sudden surge of duties and responsibilities. You'll need an assistant if you expect to get any of this done well.
-[X] Dr. Warren's Warranted Worry: Dr. Warren is concerned by how disorganized the Army is in terms of hospitals and medicine. As such, he wishes to enlist your help in comprehensively organizing it.
-[X] Promise Made, Promise Kept: General Washington has ordered that the Continental Army is to be segregated. Never has your blood burned so hotly before.
-[X] The old and the new: General Washington has plans on how to conduct this siege, and he's asked you specifically along with some other officers to assist him in making these plans reality.
-[X] Focus on an Action: You want to make sure you accomplish this task well. (Applies a +10 Bonus to any action of your choice.)

1D100 = 75+20+20+10 => Art!Crit! 125

Jonathan Halbert would never forget those looks in the eyes of Mr. Hiller and Miss Phillips. Those eyes once full of youthful and intrepied sparkle now dull and hollow, haunted by the specter that was war. The same one that inhabited his expressions from time to time.

And yet here these children were, pursuing the truth and news regardless of the afflictions to their souls. For a moment, Halbert imagined his younger siblings in their stead. His heart shattered at that thought.

(To be continued in: O, Children of Liberty!)

1D100 = 82+15 => Art!Crit! 97

Arthur Smith allowed Halbert into his cabin, and the younger officer entered with a mix of curiosity and caution. "Thank you for letting me aboard, sir. I wasn't expecting such company or courtesy."

Arthur offered a small, wry smile. "Think nothing of it, Colonel. But let's be clear—this isn't a social call. There are matters of importance we need to discuss."

John Halbert nodded, his demeanor shifting. He straightened, bracing himself for whatever conversation lay ahead. "Of course. May I ask what these matters are?"

Arthur leaned back, his expression sharpening. "Simple, really. I want to know exactly what happened the night you destroyed the HMS Lively."

Halbert raised an eyebrow, caught off guard by the directness. "I'm sure the details have already been—"

Arthur raised a hand, silencing him. "Details from second-hand reports are one thing. Details from the man who led the mission are another. Colonel Glover gave me his version, and one that made you look like a blithering madman with no plan. So did the other twenty men who were with you that night. But I need to hear it from you."

Halbert's posture stiffened. "Am I being interrogated?"

Arthur's smile faded, his voice steady and deliberate. "Yes."

The air between them thickened with tension as Halbert searched the captain's face, realizing this was no ordinary debriefing. Arthur wasn't asking out of formality. He wanted something deeper—something personal.

"I want to know what happened, why it happened, and more importantly—what you saw," Arthur continued. "I've read the reports. I know the how and why, but I want to know what it felt like. What did you see in the eyes of that officer when he realized you were going to blow up his ship? What went through his mind?"

Halbert paused, his lips curling into a faint smile as the memory played out in his mind. "He was terrified. The poor bastard was scared out of his wits. And drunk—too far into his cups to realize what was happening until it was too late. The moment it dawned on him, I could see it in his eyes—like a man looking at his own death, trying to bargain with it."

Arthur watched him carefully, his eyes narrowing. "And what did you feel?"

Halbert blinked, taken aback. He hadn't expected the question to be turned on him. "I—" he hesitated. "I felt nothing. It was necessary. I had to focus on that mission"

Arthur didn't blink, didn't move, as he waited for more. "Nothing? A Royal Navy officer about to lose his ship, his crew, and his pride, and you felt nothing as the poor bastard rowed away as you forced him out?"

Halbert's jaw tightened. "He was my enemy, I his. I did what had to be done. War isn't about emotional satisfaction."

Arthur finally leaned forward, the quiet intensity of his gaze unrelenting. "No, it isn't. But if you stop feeling, John, you lose more than just the battle. You lose your soul. Don't tell me you felt nothing when you watched that man realize his fate."

There was silence, thick and suffocating in the small cabin. Halbert exhaled slowly, his defenses faltering. "Maybe… maybe I did feel something. Not pity, though. Not sympathy. More like… satisfaction. That I was doing something that would cripple them. That I had power over a man who, on any other day, would see me hanged for treason, or for any crime that he may have seen fit. He knew it, and I knew it."

Arthur nodded, finally seeing what he was looking for. "That's what I needed to hear. The truth."

Halbert frowned. "Why does it matter so much to you?"

Arthur stood up, pacing slowly as he spoke. "Because you're walking a dangerous line, Colonel. One that all of us are walking. This rebellion, this war—it will chew you up, spit you out, and leave nothing but a shell if you let it. I've seen it happen. I'm trying to make sure you're aware of it before it's too late."

He stopped and turned to face Halbert, his expression softening. "You're a brave man, no doubt. You've done what few others would have dared. But you're not invincible. None of us are. So don't lose yourself to this fight."

Halbert stood there, processing Arthur's words. He had expected a lecture, maybe even a reprimand. But instead, he had been given a warning, and for a brief moment, he saw the humanity behind the captain's hard exterior.

"I'll keep that in mind, Captain," Halbert said quietly.

Arthur nodded, offering a final look of understanding before turning away. "Good. Now get some rest. War's not over yet, and we'll need men like you when the real storm hits." He then pointed to the horizon, as a storm brewed. "And there is one coming."

Results: Lt. Colonel Halbert and Captain Smith have had a talk together, and the two understand each other better now. +5 Relations with Captain Arthur Smith. New Action unlocked.

Captain Arthur Smith: (35/50) Captain Smith respects your bravery, initiative, and ingenuity. As such, he hopes that you will come out of this war in one piece, both mentally and physically.

-[X] The Old and the New: General Washington has plans on how to conduct this siege, and he's asked you specifically along with some other officers to assist him in making these plans reality.

1D100 = 61+5 => 66

"Our spies report of rumors that the British will attempt to evacuate Boston in the near future," General Washington stated to his gathered officers, who had congregated around a table–one that took up a good portion of the tent–covered with maps of Boston and the surrounding area. "As of the moment they are only rumors, but we should take this information into account with serious consideration."

Washigton then paused to survery the faces of the men around him before continuing. "Do the gentlemen around me have any suggestions?"

"If we could bring up enough cannons, we could move them up to Breed's Hill and form a battery there," Halbert thoughtfully noted after a moment, drawing everyone's attention to himself as he tapped on Breed's Hill on one of the maps. "If we can threaten their only way out of the harbor, we can either hasten their departure or quicken their surrender."

"Gage won't just allow us to place cannons there," General Putnam huffed as he breathed a puff of cigar smoke. "And no matter how much we've scared the redcoats, they still have big ships with big guns. Our 'Bastion of Liberty" would swiftly be rendered the Plains of Liberty."

"Then we could place the cannons on the Dorchester Heights instead," Halbert responded without pause as he pointed to the mentioned heights. "If we seized the Heights with enough haste, we could place batteries there and force the issue."

"Where would we obtain the cannons, though," Colonel Stark asked with a tap of his chin. "We barely have any as is."

"My ship has some cannons," Captain Smith, who had been so silent up to this point that Halbert had forgotten thr man was even in the tent, chimed in with an interested tone. "I believe we could haul some of them off to form a battery."

"That would leave your ship defenseless," Washington stated with a curious tone.

"Only on one side," the good captain smirked. "And I intend to keep the defensible side facing the harbor."

Washington paused to ponder on Smith's words before slowly nodding. "I will carefully consider your advice, gentlemen. Now, let us move on to the next item of this council."

If only all meetings could have gone as well as this one...

Results: George Washington has decided to gather as many cannons as possible and place them on the Dorchester Heights. As such, he has assigned General Putnam with leading a raid to secure the heights, upon which some of the cannons on Captain Smith's ship will be placed a threaten the English with. Lt. Colonel Halbert and Colonel Stark have been tasked with scraping together as much artillery as they can gather to increase this battery. +2 Relations with George Washington.

1D100 = Nat! 2+10+10+5 => Nat! Fail! 27

General Washington had pulled Halbert aside to his tent after the meeting, his sharp outburst drawing the attention of all present. No one was particularly surprised by Halbert's defiance, least of all Washington. He had often voiced his discontent, but today, the protest was laced with a desperation that went beyond protocol. His objections to the Army's new orders were not just about strategy, not this time—they were born from frustration, anger, and a genuine, if misguided, belief that he could make Washington see reason.

The general sat at his desk, focused on the endless sea of correspondence. Mr. Lee, his secretary, stood beside him, quietly sorting through papers and drafting letters to Congress and other influential figures. The flickering candlelight cast long shadows on the tent walls, and the rhythmic scratching of quills filled the tense silence. Washington didn't look up as Halbert entered.

"Sit down, Colonel," he said flatly, his eyes never leaving the parchment before him.

The command was clear, and Halbert obeyed without hesitation, though the weight of the moment pressed down on him. He sat stiffly, not daring to breathe too loudly. Every second of silence was excruciating. He watched as Washington meticulously finished a letter, sealing it with a swift motion. The room seemed to hold its breath along with him.

"Thank you, William. You can go and get some food," Washington said, dismissing his secretary with a nod.

"Thank you, sir," Lee replied with a respectful bow before leaving the tent.

Only after the flap of the tent closed behind him did Halbert feel the tightness in his chest loosen, and he finally exhaled, as though he had been drowning under the General's silent scrutiny.

"Sir, I–" he began, his voice tentative, but the General held up his hand and cut him off before the words could fully form.

"No. You will not speak, Colonel." Washington's voice was calm but sharp, like a blade drawn just enough to remind you of its presence. "If you had approached me in private with your dissent, I would have heard you out. You could have said all of what you truly felt–coarse or polite–and I would have allowed it. I may or may not have agreed with you, but for heaven's sake, I would not have needed to reprimand you like I am doing at this present moment."

The general then leveled a firm glare at Halbert, and, though Washington's tone remained composed, Halbert could feel the anger simmering beneath the surface, a force barely contained. The general paused, taking a slow breath, and in that silence, the tension grew. Washington's fury was a quiet storm, controlled but potent. Whether because he wanted to meet the storm head-on or whether because he wanted to prepare to withstand the general's fury, Halbert braced himself and forced his face to remain a portrait of stoic calm.

"Instead, you chose to indulge your ego in a public tirade ridiculing my orders, made even worse by you doing so in front of my entire staff. In your haste to right what you perceived as wrong, you have disrespected your commander in front of his men and possibly caused division within this army. Public dissent must be answered, or else the authority of the commander will crumble."

General Washington then let out a quiet sigh as he gingerly tapped his desk with his finger. "I understand your frustrations, Colonel, but this situation is not as simple as you believe it to be."

"What could possibly be–," Halbert began to protest, frustration leaking into his voice as the dam slowly began to crack, but Washington's voice rose, sharper now, commanding the tent. "Do not speak, Colonel!" This time, the force of his anger was undeniable, a tremor in the air that seemed to reverberate through the very ground. It was as though the whole camp held its breath, waiting for the dust to settle. Halbert had been forced to duck back in the breath he had just let out, flinching at the sudden outburst.

The General drew another breath, visibly reining in his temper, his fingers resting firmly on the desk and his knuckles whitening. Halbert could see the strain it took for Washington to hold back, to keep the balance between righteous anger and duty.

"You think I do not see the faults of this order? I have to balance the needs of this army, the demands of Congress, and the expectations of every colony that has placed its trust in me. And trust me they do, Colonel, for now." He leaned forward, his voice dropping to a low, intense murmur. "But that trust is fragile. Every decision I make weighs on a knife's edge where congress can easily take my command away to hand it to someone else. I cannot afford your outbursts. I cannot afford to indulge your frustrations when I have an army to maintain and a Congress to appease. Sacrifices, Colonel, must be made. For the greater good."

Washington's words hung in the air, heavy with finality. Halbert could feel the weight of them pressing down, suffocating the protest he still harbored in his chest. For the moment he remained silent, knowing that to speak again might provoke a storm he could not weather.

But Halbert's bravery—or perhaps his madness—won out. His voice, though strained, carried a determined edge as he pressed forward, pushing against the invisible boundary Washington had drawn. "And what of the men from Marblehead, sir? Those free men who fight for us now? And what of the others who might wish to fight but remain in chains? Do we turn them away now, when their strength could be the difference between victory and defeat?"

The question lingered in the air, a challenge to the General's authority, and to the unspoken prejudices embedded within the very foundations of this revolution. Halbert's heart pounded as he watched Washington, wondering if he had overstepped, if the room would erupt with the General's fury once more.

Washington's eyes darkened, but his voice remained steady, as though he had long prepared for this line of questioning. "Congress fears a slave uprising, Colonel," he replied, his words heavy with the weight of political caution. It was a simple statement, but behind it lay the complex entanglements of fear, power, and the fragile unity of the colonies.

Halbert noticed Washington's jaw tighten, the barely perceptible hesitation before he continued. There was more—something unsaid, perhaps something Washington himself wrestled with, but he chose not to give voice to it. Instead, his tone became colder, more resolute. "If I were to rescind this order, to open the army to recruitment of the enslaved, what do you think would happen? What message would that send to the southern colonies? To their planters, their lawmakers? It would send them into a panic."

Perhaps they shouldn't have owned slaves to being with, Halbert bitterly thought as he clamped his mouth shut. Even then, it felt as if his conscience were attempting to pry his lips open every second he did not respond. Harder and harder it would pry the longer he remained silent.

The general had paused, as if weighing the consequences in his mind, before shaking his head as his face hardened. "The fear of revolt would paralyze them, Colonel. The trust we have worked so hard to build between the colonies would fracture. And that is a risk I cannot afford to take."

"General, I–" the colonel once again protested.

"You have protested enough," Washington snapped back with frustration as he stood up and slammed his hand onto his desk, forcing the colonel to silence. "Colonel, you should find yourself grateful that I hold as high an estimate of your person and ability as I do, otherwise I would have had you court-martialed for your repeated insubordination.

A tense silence filled the air as the candlelight flickered in and out of existence, casting shadows every which way.

"You are dismissed, Lt. Colonel," Washington stated coolly as he sat back down, his tone allowing no space for further debate or discussion. The two stared each other down for what seemed like an eternity; one had to give way. One had to turn away from the other at one point.

In the end, Halbert blinked first.

"Yes, sir," Halbert barely forced out with grit teeth and thin politeness, and even then, it took a large effort to not snarl those words out. Not bothering to salute, Halbert grabbed his hat from a tent and stormed out of the tent as Washington watched him leave.

The candlelight, rendered weak and flighty by Washigton's physical outburst, finally snuffed itself out.

Critical Failure! George Washington will push on with his segregation of the Continental Army and has gotten into a very heated argument with Jonathan Halbert over his very public and caustic display of dissent. -10 Relations with George Washington, and Actions involving George Washington will receive a -15 malus for the next two Turns. -2 Relations with a random amount of Military officers. Rolls... Colonel William Prescott, Major General Israel Putnam, and Colonel Ebenezer Bridge have lost -2 Relations with you.

Your bonuses have mitigated the worst, with Washington deciding that you are too talented, important, and famous to be court-martialed for insubordination. So he has settled with a harsh but private reprimand instead.

John Glover appreciates the efforts you made, however. +2 to Relations with him.

Commander-in-Chief George Washington: (23/50) Halbert vexes the Commander-in-Chief sorely due to his reckless antics, brash personality, and recent disrespect. Yet, the general also sees a talented young officer with initiative and courage the army needs, so he tolerates Halbert... for now.

1D100 = 6+5 => 11 (Hoo boy... Talk about a close shave.)

Half of the time that month, Halbert had been too busy with his duties to search for an aide to assist him in said duties. And the other half of the time when he wasn't busy, Halbert found no one willing to work for him. Though Halbert was by no means an arrogant man, he found it bizarre that no one wanted to work with him.

Ah, well. He supposed that this was the Lord telling him that diligence was a virtue.

Failure! Can do this Action again next Turn, but with a -10 malus!

1D100 = 50+20 => 70

"Lay him there," Dr. Joseph Warren ordered as stretcher bearers appeared with the newest patient. "Gently, now."

As the stretcher bearers laid the pained soldier in question on a table, the doctor took a moment to observe the patient. A young man who looked to be in his mid-twenties with a mustkeball wound in his shoulder, the soldier trying his best to grit his teeth and ignore the pain. All around the field hospital, the sounds of groaning, grumbling, and pain of wounded soldiers flooded the senses as surgeons and doctors attended to patients while nurses helped whoever was nearest to them. It pained Dr. Warren to know that there were several other scenes just like this one happening all around the camp.

"What is your name, my brother," Warren kindly asked as he walked over to and stood over the wounded man.

"W-wilbur, sir," the soldier replied, putting on a brave face.

Dr. Warren reassuringly smiled. "Well don't you worry, Wilbur, we will take good care of you here. Just sit tight, alright?"

Wilbur shakily nodded and gave an equally shaky smile back to Warren.

"General Warren, sir!"

The doctor turned to see a messenger, who panted slightly before stating, "Lt. Colonel Halbert's here with the supplies."

"I'll be right there," Warren responded before calling to a nearby doctor and his companion. "Dr. Lyons, Mr. Harrison! Help this patient for me."

He then walked to the entrance of the field hospital to see two wagons drawn by oxen and laden with supplies, which was being quickly unloaded by several soldiers. Supervising them was Lt. Colonel Halbert, his newest friend and ally.

"Come on, gentlemen, these crates won't unload themselves," Halbert clinically stated as he looked through a list of supplies he had collected.

"Colonel Halbert," Warren spoke with a friendly grin as he approached.

"General," Halbert nodded back. "I have the supplies you requested."

"I already told you I prefer doctor," Warren remarked with a joking frown.

"Of course, doctor," the genteel Halbert replied as he neatly folded the list and tucked it into a pocket on his coat. "Is there anything else you will need?"

"Ice," Warren promptly replied, a small frown–this one genuine–marring his face. "Most of the men here are suffering from fevers and the heat instead of battle wounds. We need ice to cool them down."

Halbert let out a sigh as he took off his hat and wiped his forehead with the sleeve of his coat. "I'll see what I can do about that, but I can't promise much."

"That is all I ask, Colonel," Warren replied with a small nod and smile and, after saluting Halbert, returned to the tent.

Results: With Washington's approval and assistance from Halbert in organizing and acquiring supplies, Dr. Warren has both standardized basic health standards and established a new system of field hospitals for the Continental Army around Boston. Future casualties will be lessened in Battle Turns by -20, and the quality of life in camp improves. +3 Relations with Dr. Joseph Warren.

"This act is nothing more than a repugnant attempt to–!"

"Lt. Colonel, sit down!"

"I will not, General, and I cannot! Not in the face of an injustice this grave!"

Results: +10 Bonus applied to the Action – Promise Made, Promise Kept.

Author's Notes:

Seems like the Magoose Dice's negative effects have finally caught up with you guys, and boy, did they come swinging. You all are lucky you had the bonuses you did for that one nat fail, otherwise things would have gone much worse for you. So much worse.

Once again, thanks to @Magoose for helping write parts of this update.

Revolutionary Fun Fact–The execution of an American officer, Captain Joshua "Jack" Huddy, by Loyalist forces right at the end of the American Revolution led to the Asgill Affair, where a British officer, one Captain Charles Asgill, was nearly executed in retaliation for Huddy's death (which would have violated the Articles of Capitulation signed at Yorktown and could possible have caused the peace talks at Paris to stumble or crumble altogether). Fortunately, cooler heads managed to prevail, and after an impassioned plea from Asgill's mother was read in Congress, the English captain was not executed.

Last edited:
Hoo boy, ol' Washington really chewed us out and reminded us of some very harsh realities of this time period. It's also a difficult reminder that playing an abolitionist makes us a radical minority at best among our allies.

Not getting an aide sucks, but there's further chances.

This is exactly what I feared if we were to follow with promise made, promise kept, guys we have to be realistic to the times of the American Revolution. I am very much supportive of freeing those in slavery as it is wrong but until we improve our relationship more with George Washington, and the other military officers and at least get some political connections and making the difference on why slavery is bad in economics. We can be literally be thrown out of the military in a heartbeat no problem at all no matter if we helped much as we can be the link in the chain that can be broken, not externally from the British but internally with interests from the 13 colonies.

Although thanks for the update @Duke William of

So we're going to get the separate but equal armies well I hat won't cut it we will force our troops to be equal and if anyone refuses we will shoot them for desertion

Hoo boy, ol' Washington really chewed us out and reminded us of some very harsh realities of this time period. It's also a difficult reminder that playing an abolitionist makes us a radical minority at best among our allies.
May I add that if Washington just rescinded the order, Congress could have lost confidence in him and replaces him with Charles Lee. Or worse, Horatio Gates. So, uh... This is really a "pick your poison" situation here.

To be fair to you, you literally rolled one above a natural one. It was the dice who screwed you over here. Also, this wasn't about abolition really but more segregation of already free Black men from their white comrades. You definitely could have made a better case to Washington about this being a bad idea had you rolled anything buy a natural fail.

Although thanks for the update @Duke William of
You're welcome. :) All of this is for you guys.

Whelp it was just my opinion at the time, though I think the way that Washington was portrayed in the critic fail definitely makes sense during the time of the American Revolution. I am sure that we can fix up our relationship with the commander in chief if we play our options right, we can still try to do another attempt at getting an aid if given the chance.

May I add that if Washington just rescinded the order, Congress could have lost confidence in him and replaces him with Charles Lee. Or worse, Horatio Gates. So, uh... This is really a "pick your poison" situation here.

Yeah, in all honesty, we're lucky our previous audacity kinda, sorta won Washington's favour. This is, I'm afraid, currently the wrong time to try and break chains, we need to win the Revolution first. Or at least gain the fame and prestige enough to give us enough influence.

So we're going to get the separate but equal armies well I hat won't cut it we will force our troops to be equal and if anyone refuses we will shoot them for desertion
Then you get court-martialed and/or shot for insubordination, murder, and disobeying the orders of your Commander-In-Chief.

Look, I understand you hating slavery and wanting to abolish it (if I didn't, that'd be pretty sus), but as I said in an Informational post, it is not going to be a simple and easy process.

Agreed I think in this timeline's history we should do our best to make our character seem first a radical with a different view on why slavery is a bad idea and should be abolished. And we can simply temper him with experiences that when the revolution is finished he would be much more tempered, and much more famous with the know how to get connections in Congres to abolish slavery. We may not be able to do so now but I am sure that once we are able to win the revolution we can have the opportunity to do so, with our character experience in war and tempered in the fires of it he will come out stronger and more wiser.

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back